Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not getting lynched advances scum wincon (if scum) just as much, dude.

do you know wtf KB meant about byers n1 action being confirmed? if thats real then i'll have to reread byers. as for right now my case hinges on that n1 debacle and the egg-splaining earlier today, which amounts to "byers's explanation doesnt account for why he'd be the scum kill target, since he was only the scummiest person in the game on d1, and the explanation that he's lying and got hosed by solus's ability on jen (a much better scum target). since jen obviously didnt try to scumkill herself, and the only other deaths that night were town, i'm willing to bet byers is the scumkill for n1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actually i forgot ggn probably won't die from the murder ability until deadline, so i'll state this. if ggn's murder isn't resolved by deadline minus 12 hours, i'll vote for ggn

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh u know what, gently caress it ##vote ggn

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hey can we still murder 50, even if he turns out to not be scum, it doesn't mean we can't still lunch GGN after or anything.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Maybe scum killed Byers for threatening to kill Hal.

Toal even commented on Byers’ becoming an egg in thread.

Toalpaz posted:

Delicious irony has been brought upon Byers.

Toalpaz posted:

He thought knowledge awaited him at night, but the only thing that waits in the dark is death. Really makes you think.
I can imagine Hal as scum.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

hey can we still murder 50, even if he turns out to not be scum, it doesn't mean we can't still lunch GGN after or anything.

if we lynch ggn and 50 is still at majority yes, will 50 still die too?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
And if that’s the case there p much had to be a scum on Shelf 1 N1.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

yuming posted:

im sorry... did byers come back from the dead?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dick Bastardly posted:

im sorry... did byers come back from the dead?

ummm yes???

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

merk posted:

I remember back in the day when 50 was a mafia player looked up to. Now? What is this?

Okay this is adorable and makes me want to try content reads sooner than I was planning. I'll go into the content of the thread harder when I get home and get the kids to bed and try some content reads.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

ummm yes???

i thought keane zoomed him into a bubble zone and zoomed him back...?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dick Bastardly posted:

no, the egg was a 1-shot bulletproof that delays his return for a day

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

yuming posted:

And if that’s the case there p much had to be a scum on Shelf 1 N1.

This was my thought as well coming back after N1, but there's too much static N1 for me to feel confident about that call. If Hal is scum, then there was a N1 shelf 1 scum and they targeted me because of my action on Hal.

But I'm more confident with a Steak vote than chasing this thread today. I think we're going to find that Steak flips with a force lightning power that is not, as he suggested, a badly worded maybe PGO but rather the power used to kill me.

And then we can ask, why me for a target N1? Because you're right, I'm not a high likelihood for a kill N1.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

Nope. Egg was my power, one shot deathproof that removed me for a day. During that day, there was a way to kill me which is the only piece of my powers I haven't claimed.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
wow.. well i should pay more attention heh

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

if we lynch ggn and 50 is still at majority yes, will 50 still die too?

I believe so, yes. The power has fired, now it's just waiting to run its course.

Another thing, it reads as a plurality, not majority.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

If there are more yesses than nos at the end of the day 50 pounds will be executed along side the normal vote, if there are more nos, ggn will die instead.

Specifically, here. Whichever has the most happens, a majority votes is not necessary.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

First thing I would like to mention is that I think the SiV case was not strong enough to latch on as an early decision to bus. Noting that Toalpaz also didnt choose to use it as a bussing opportunity. This makes me think that the earlier votes on SiV are highly likely to be town votes.

I would generally exclude my own from this analysis, although I am town. My bussing meta is generally to actively case my scumbuddy, so while this doesn't match with my general meta, I also intentionally play outside of my meta often, so me bussing here is an understandable assumption to make especially with SiV's parting message clearly distancing us.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

A mid wagon peel from yuming would normally be scummy regardless of where she ended her vote, but the vig on toal makes her being scum unlikely as well.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

u know what, im fine w this then byers then merk then 50

##vote solus

Hey, Steak. Yesterday your scum calls were solus, me, merk, and 50. Now you're voting GGN for trying to murder 50, and in your effirt post today you switch out 50 for KB.

What gives?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Mafia Edit: effort post

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

As far as potential people using SiV as a bussing opportunity, I think that vote placement makes GGN and byers the only potential bussers I would consider here.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Gonna check out the d1 turbo in a second for vote related analysis, so expect that in a minute here.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Oh, it was a cop result. Disregard. Anyone who voted on that train does not get any cred either way imo. But I am going to see what suspicions before the cop result were towards nat20 to press for content.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

50 pounds of bread posted:

As far as potential people using SiV as a bussing opportunity, I think that vote placement makes GGN and byers the only potential bussers I would consider here.

Yes. GGN has the worst SiV vote.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

yuming posted:

Yeah I was tossing around in my head the idea of Hal being scum, myself.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Byers2142 posted:

Hey, Steak. Yesterday your scum calls were solus, me, merk, and 50. Now you're voting GGN for trying to murder 50, and in your effirt post today you switch out 50 for KB.

What gives?

oh, because i saw that ggn had used the murder ability on 50, and knowing they cant both be scum. i read ggn's posts about the ability and wow they were waffly. the best town move would've been to use it on me

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or byers of course

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kb i guess i just forgot to lost him yesterday because ive always thought he's scummy

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*list

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

If there are more yesses than nos at the end of the day 50 pounds will be executed along side the normal vote, if there are more nos, ggn will die instead.

I just realized, there is a chance it will be neither.

There are 15 total players. 2 of them, GGN and 50 can't actually vote. So that is 13 total votes. Redneck apparently gave up on the game. So we can't expect his vote, that is 12 total votes.

So it will either be 50 if one of the 2 remaining playing voters(Me and Miku?) votes for him, or a 6/6 tie at this point. There is no way to get to more nos. So the way that is worded, doesn't look like we can kill GGN with her power.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Ggn and steak are unlikely to both be scum. Volunteering for an inventory scan is a hugely ballsy move if you come up as scum, so I would generally say that it's unlikely someone would volunteer unless they are a godfather of sorts.

Apart from this there is basically no info from the inventory gun fiasco.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ggn and steak are unlikely to both be scum. Volunteering for an inventory scan is a hugely ballsy move if you come up as scum, so I would generally say that it's unlikely someone would volunteer unless they are a godfather of sorts.

Reasonable point on the first part. It is ballsy to volunteer as scum. However, fwiw, it is probably the best course of action if you are visibly in the thread at the time as you risk revealing yourself otherwise.

On the second part, you are wrong. The people who were there and didn't volunteer?

Bminus: Town
SiV: Scum
Toal: Scum
Byers: ?
Hal: ?

So so far it seems like a pretty good scum indicator. A fair amount of people suspect both Hal and Byers.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cool so vote ggn

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Bif's thing on saying double lunch day one is weird, because using double up on day 1 is absolutely insane to me. However if she was under the impression it was reusable then I'm fine with it.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

Reasonable point on the first part. It is ballsy to volunteer as scum. However, fwiw, it is probably the best course of action if you are visibly in the thread at the time as you risk revealing yourself otherwise.

On the second part, you are wrong. The people who were there and didn't volunteer?

So so far it seems like a pretty good scum indicator. A fair amount of people suspect both Hal and Byers.

Good point here. I actually would support a byers lunch now, but want to examine half further to make a choice there.

Again volunteering there as scum is super unlikely unless a godfather. Volunteering as town is basically a no brainer.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good point here. I actually would support a byers lunch now, but want to examine half further to make a choice there.

Again volunteering there as scum is super unlikely unless a godfather. Volunteering as town is basically a no brainer.

awesome. that makes me not scum. therefore please unvote :)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(directed at miku, db, and aa)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

I mentioned this in N1 shelf chat; I specifically avoided the inventory gun because I thought it would reveal powers, and my egg power literally reveals how to kill me in egg form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Byers2142 posted:

I mentioned this in N1 shelf chat; I specifically avoided the inventory gun because I thought it would reveal powers, and my egg power literally reveals how to kill me in egg form.

im still confused why you havent told us the details of the egg power, since it was oneshot and means nothing anymore...