Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

eliasswift posted:

Well, I meant the collective "everyone but Gambol" use of the word "we" in my post but if you want to act like my vocalizing my concern based on Gambol's chaotic behavior during that incident is some sort of weird savior posturing then you do you.

I apologize; I have to remember that Daucus is egalitarian, until it is not.

Sighence fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

If your argument that we are not egalitarian is because we made that deal with Lethe to literally make sure that particular dilemma ended the storyline in a way that everyone would earn an equal reward, me thinks you doth protest too much.

Perhaps if other houses had actually responded to the equal spend deal with declarations of clear support rather than vaguery Daucus wouldn't have made the deal you seem to be so churlish about.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Careful, you can get small cuts from the strawman if you haven't stuffed it tightly enough. Thanks for pointing out how willing to drop your facade you are though!

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

As much as I'd like to continue this, cooler (and currently probed) heads in Daucus have prevailed. Quackles asked me to post this on their behalf.

Senator Quackles

OK, enough. Let's all calm down. Houses Cyfoeth and Daucus are not working against each other here.

During that dilemma, we were concerned that House Gambol would go all in for Nay, and we couldn't secure a commitment from House Pinchay that they would vote with sufficient Power - until they said they would vote Aye.

After that time, we became concerned House Pinchay would vote with all their power and steal signing rights for the story card, thus giving them alone the reward (if we couldn't split the results among all the houses, we wanted it for ourselves). I recall saying in the thread that House Daucus wanted either us or Lethe to sign it, and we held to that.

Now, back to the original subject at hand: House Lethe's power to shift negative Open Agendas.

While it is a somewhat adversarial power, House Lethe has demonstrated by its past standard of behavior that they are acting fairly sensibly overall. Compare this to House Gambol's willful poo poo-stirring and reckless disregard for the sanctity of this Council.
I think it's safe to give House Lethe a pass for now.

In fact, I propose a simple compromise: House Lethe could give its negative agendas to House Gambol, and no one would be upset at all (except House Gambol :v:)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Hey, more money for us.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Are we... Are we not the baddies? :ohdear:

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

eliasswift posted:

Senator
I still feel Gambol's chaotic nature and wheeling/dealing with the wedding card really worries me more about their future capacity

Navigator

Imagine what happens when we unlock our ability!

eliasswift posted:

Senator Quackles

In fact, I propose a simple compromise: House Lethe could give its negative agendas to House Gambol, and no one would be upset at all (except House Gambol :v:)

Sweet, 2/3ds of Pinchay's new groove in exchange for an occasional point penalty? In how many reign-position pairs would the presence of a negative Agenda have changed the pecking order? I haven't counted, but I'd wager it's less than 10%.
Ruling the Coin scoreboard is almost always worth more.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Covski posted:

Are we... Are we not the baddies? :ohdear:
A shameful day :hmmno:

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Treasurer

After careful consideration, we have reached the conclusion that it is in the best interest of the kingdom and our glorious monarchy to avoid scandal at this time, as much as we are loath to bargain with lowlifes that would besmirch the holy name of the Mother and the Cult by spreading false rumours. Of course all rumours about the king harbouring heretical thoughts are naught but falsehood, but such lies could only serve to destabilise the kingdom.

To this end, we offer a deal of 3 coins for the first house that commits to a 1+ power vote for aye.

Blessed be the Mother.

That Italian Guy posted:

A shameful day :hmmno:
:cryingsnake:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Covski posted:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

yesssssssss :perfect:

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

:swoon:

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Covski posted:

Treasurer

After careful consideration, we have reached the conclusion that it is in the best interest of the kingdom and our glorious monarchy to avoid scandal at this time, as much as we are loath to bargain with lowlifes that would besmirch the holy name of the Mother and the Cult by spreading false rumours. Of course all rumours about the king harbouring heretical thoughts are naught but falsehood, but such lies could only serve to destabilise the kingdom.

To this end, we offer a deal of 3 coins for the first house that commits to a 1+ power vote for aye.

Blessed be the Mother.

House Cyfoeth accepts this deal

megane
Jun 20, 2008

[approving hissing noises]

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

:five:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So. It's time for what you've all been waiting for...

As The Reign Turns
brought to you by House Daucus

It should surprise no one that the Queen is getting up there. In fact, there's a chance this could be the end of the entire reign! Let's see what could happen.

Power Ranking
First power gets +2. Second power gets +1.

House Lethe: 9 Power
House Cyfoeth: 9 Power [voting Aye]
House Daucus: 5 Power
House Pinchay: 3 Power [will Pass, probably]
House Gambol: 0 Power [must Pass]

10 Power in the Pool.

Prediction: House Gambol must pass, and House Pinchay probably will. House Lethe might now that they've bought help.

Coin Ranking
House Gambol: 21 Coins
House Daucus: 19 Coins
House Cyfoeth: 13 Coins => 16
House Pinchay: 14 Coins
House Lethe: 3 Coins => 0

Agenda Calculations

Extremist: 17 (resource delta)
I'm assuming Aye wins. If Nay wins, this may be lower.
Coin Bonus: 4/2/1

Opulent: 14 (4 in range)
Coin Bonus: 6/4/2

Rebel 13 (2 in range).
Coin Bonus: 3/2/1

Greedy: 11 (2 in range)
Coin Bonus: 8/6/4

Moderate: 10 (3 in range)
Coin Bonus: 5/3/1

Opportunist: 4 (1 in range)
Coin Bonus: 6/4/2

Open Agendas

House Cyfoeth: 0

House Daucus: 0

House Lethe: 0

Final Standings Right Now:
As always, take these standings with a grain of salt. These are based on an amalgamation of the most likely agendas a House could hold.

House Gambol: 16-19

House Lethe: ????? (either ~5-6 or ~18-19 - no middle ground)

House Pinchay: 14-17

House Daucus: 13-16

House Cyfoeth: ????? (either ~9-10 or 19-20 - again, no middle ground)

Do I Think The Queen Will Die This Dilemma?

No, if only to spite everyone's sense of pattern recognition.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Sighence posted:

House Cyfoeth accepts this deal
Missed this in the moment, sorry! It is of course Witnessed!

Reign of Queen Thymeris I, Dilemma 7, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Pass and gather Power
Gains 5 Power (current: 8). Deploys 0 Power in the War against Mhuir (current deployment: 3). Remaining Power: 8.
Gains 1 Coins (current: 15). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 15.

Votes Pass and gather Power
Gains 5 Power (current: 5). Deploys 0 Power in the War against Mhuir (current deployment: 3). Remaining Power: 5.
Gains 1 Coins (current: 22). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 22.

Votes Aye
Spends 1 Power (current: 10). Deploys 0 Power in the War against Mhuir (current deployment: 0). Remaining Power: 10.
Gains 3 Coins (current: 18). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 18.

Votes Nay
Bets 5 Power (current: 5). Deploys 0 Power in the War against Mhuir (current deployment: 3). Remaining Power: 5.
Gains 0 Coins (current: 19). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 19.

Votes Aye
Spends 4 Power (current: 5). Deploys 0 Power in the War against Mhuir (current deployment: 1). Remaining Power: 5.
Spends 3 Coins (current: 0). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 0.

Vote goes to Moderation!
  • House Lethe moderates for Aye!

As a clarification in case it wasn't clear: if a vote goes to moderation, the Moderator will have to decide what side wins (and, in case of a tie between potential signers, who signs whatever there is to be signed) before being able to see the outcome/potential story/sticker effect/etc.

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: -
N/A.

Resources and Stability change:

There currently are 19 cards in the Dilemma deck.
Current real Wealth position: -12. This is, unsurprisingly, bringing a somewhat stable Realm on the brink of a collapse.

Chronicle stickers: 62

Updated.

Reign of Queen Thymeris I, Dilemma 8

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +20 Cohesion

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Blastinus (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: C...
- Treasurer/Navigator: LPFinale

- Sitting Councilmember: scavy131 (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: TravelLog (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Covski
- Treasurer/Negotiator: megane

Dilemma 8 posted:

Stakes:

Active Event(s)

:siren::siren::siren:
A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.
:siren::siren::siren:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Senator
Normally I'd be for AYE here but [ooc]honestly I don't think Gambol really cares in this situation, since we already progressed the storyline and the resources won't change that much[/ooc].

AYE may coup Queen Thymeris out though with an high chance.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

We have no interest in more of this Lorrain nonsense, let alone artwork that pretends it is true.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Foreman

Personally, I would be in support of the free act of commerce, but our kingdom's too shaky right now to allow another loss of resources. In the interest of maintaining balance, I see no choice but to vote NAY.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

quote:

Current real Wealth position: -12. This is, unsurprisingly, bringing a somewhat stable Realm on the brink of a collapse.

Queen Thymeris the Generousest :v:

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Bellmaker posted:

Queen Thymeris the Generousest :v:

With all AYE votes so far: Queen Thumeris the Agreeable

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

SporkChan posted:

With all AYE votes so far: Queen Thumeris the Agreeable

Sitting Councilmember

You're right that this council has been remarkably agreeable in terms of its decisions, but I feel as this coming dilemma may be one that finally warrants a big red "Nay" stamp. Her Majesty, Queen Thymeris', long may she reign, reign has been a bountiful one and should be preserved. At least possibly. On the other hand, the Kingdom's finances are already bottomed out enough that any commerce should be encouraged I'd think.

OOC:I do find it kinda neat that it looks like Wealth, Influence, or both have been involved in every dilemma this reign.

scavy131 fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 31, 2021

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Sitting councilmember

Nay, nay, a thousand times nay! There is simply no way this noble body can allow citizens to profit from heretical depictions mocking the Mother and the very foundation of our Ankist. So called "artists" have already killed one monarch, we will surely not allow this vile idolatry to kill the very soul of the kingdom itself.

Blessed be the Mother.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Small item of note to any Opportunist types in the audience:

If there were a bottom abdication now, the Opportunist (being the least scoring) would likely wind up with the top spot, Prestige-wise. Everyone else would get nothing.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Quackles posted:

Small item of note to any Opportunist types in the audience:

If there were a bottom abdication now, the Opportunist (being the least scoring) would likely wind up with the top spot, Prestige-wise. Everyone else would get nothing.

You reverse prestige and crave for a bottom abdication. So 3 crave for top score and 2 prestige for bottom score.

Covski posted:

Sitting councilmember
So called "artists" have already killed one monarch.

Good old Floriando.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

It was brought to my attention that House Daucus failed to post any indication about their voting intention in the previous Round, before going all in on Nay. I'm sure this is just a combination of forgetfulness and Quackles being probed :D but the rule if you post a vote intention on discord you should do the same itt is there to avoid this kind of issue. So I'll have to present them with a yellow card, as I did Pinchay last time.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Omobono posted:

You reverse prestige and crave for a bottom abdication. So 3 crave for top score and 2 prestige for bottom score.

Yes, exactly. The Opportunist (having the lowest Agenda Points) would get Prestige, and the other Houses would get only Crave.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
From a slightly more narrative (and humorous) perspective, I do find the idea of an entire reign of the council voting Aye would be just *chef's kiss* phenomenal, and really secure the legacy of Queen Thymeris the Agreeable's reign.

At least we know there isn't a story card being signed related to this dilemma, which does lessen the gravitas a bit.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

scavy131 posted:

From a slightly more narrative (and humorous) perspective, I do find the idea of an entire reign of the council voting Aye would be just *chef's kiss* phenomenal, and really secure the legacy of Queen Thymeris the Agreeable's reign.

At least we know there isn't a story card being signed related to this dilemma, which does lessen the gravitas a bit.

Personally my hope is that the whole reign is an unbroken string of AYEs, and then finally, finally the council votes NAY on one small thing and pfft, the queen drops dead.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

:monocle: + :vince:

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Sitting Senator

It is kinda sad that with the kingdom's wealth so far in the negative that we'd turn down any kind of commerce, lost golden temples in the deep desert can only float the economy for so long.

On an administrative note as well, it's one thing for the clergy to condemn the artworks themselves, but having the military actively step in and do the church's work for them seems heavy-handed.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

House Cyfoeth - this isn't binding, but I have something of a proposition to make.

Morale currently has negative momentum. If the card has at least a -2 Morale bump, it would force the queen out of office.

If we both committed all of our remaining Power to Aye, that'd be 15 - which would be awfully hard to counter. And it's likely we could force an abdication.

Moreover, if the associated negative sticker is a Morale sticker (which I think it is), well... House Daucus already has the -Morale sticker. If the new sticker is -Morale or -Knowledge, we could take it and save House Cyfoeth the trouble, thus greatly reducing the risk to you.

Would you be interested?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Quackles posted:

House Cyfoeth - this isn't binding, but I have something of a proposition to make.

Morale currently has negative momentum. If the card has at least a -2 Morale bump, it would force the queen out of office.

If we both committed all of our remaining Power to Aye, that'd be 15 - which would be awfully hard to counter. And it's likely we could force an abdication.

Moreover, if the associated negative sticker is a Morale sticker (which I think it is), well... House Daucus already has the -Morale sticker. If the new sticker is -Morale or -Knowledge, we could take it and save House Cyfoeth the trouble, thus greatly reducing the risk to you.

Would you be interested?

Just a reminder you still lose 1 power each reign for the sticker

*drowns in negative stickers*

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Quackles posted:

Would you be interested?

Sitting Councilmember

Upon conference with the house's nobles, House Cyfoeth is not opposed to House Daucus' proposal and would be willing to hear further more definitive contract language. The even (as possible) split of potential negative sticker signing rights does much to assuage some of the house's initial concerns.

Based on your initial proposition I assume general verbiage of the commitment would be:
Clause1: House Cyfoeth pays House Daucus 1 coin to commit 5 power to Aye for this Dilemma.
Clause2: House Daucus pays House Cyfoeth 1 coin to commit 10 power to Aye, House Daucus also purchases signing rights from House Cyfoeth during this dilemma for any new sticker related to Morale or Knowledge.
Clause3:Clause1 and Clause2 must be accepted as a collective series of terms.

Does this sound about what you'd had in mind?

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
Gambol

Just want to throw in that it would need to be two different sums of Coin. Otherwise, go about your business!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

scavy131 posted:

Sitting Councilmember

Based on your initial proposition I assume general verbiage of the commitment would be:
Clause1: House Cyfoeth pays House Daucus 1 coin to commit 5 power to Aye for this Dilemma.
Clause2: House Daucus pays House Cyfoeth 1 coin to commit 10 power to Aye, House Daucus also purchases signing rights from House Cyfoeth during this dilemma for any new sticker related to Morale or Knowledge.
Clause3: Clause1 and Clause2 must be accepted as a collective series of terms.

Does this sound about what you'd had in mind?

Pretty much exactly. I'd slightly prefer 'house Daucus pays house Cyfoeth 1 coin' over 'mutual coin payment' - paying one to Cyfoeth has a chance of potentially tying us both in last place, assuming my agenda predictions are correct.

So that would make it,

"House Daucus will pay Cyfoeth 1 coin, and agrees to commit 5 Power to Aye. In exchange, House Cyfoeth agrees to commit 10 Power to Aye. In addition, if a resulting sticker is a Morale or Knowledge sticker that House Cyfoeth would sign, House Daucus will sign it instead."

As I'm not the High Scholar, I can't make that official, but if you propose it, we'd be in a position to sign off on it. I'll also see if we can propose it officially.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Apr 1, 2021

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Quackles posted:

Pretty much exactly. I'd slightly prefer 'house Daucus pays house Cyfoeth 1 coin' over 'mutual coin payment' - paying one to Cyfoeth has a chance of potentially tying us both in last place, assuming my agenda predictions are correct.

So that would make it,

"House Daucus will pay Cyfoeth 1 coin, and agrees to commit 5 Power to Aye. In exchange, House Cyfoeth agrees to commit 10 Power to Aye. In addition, if a resulting sticker is a Morale or Knowledge sticker that House Cyfoeth would sign, House Daucus will sign it instead."

As I'm not the High Scholar, I can't make that official, but if you propose it, we'd be in a position to sign off on it. I'll also see if we can propose it officially.

Sitting Councilmember

Conveniently for negotiations I am empowered to propose deals, the wording you've put forward does seem acceptable. Allow me to parrot it in an official capacity.

Proposed:
House Daucus will pay Cyfoeth 1 coin, and agrees to commit 5 Power to Aye. In exchange, House Cyfoeth agrees to commit 10 Power to Aye. In addition, if a resulting sticker is a Morale or Knowledge sticker that House Cyfoeth would sign, House Daucus will sign it instead.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Treasurer

Well, Daucus and Cyfoeth seem hellbent on ending the reign in an abdication at any cost. I don't know about everyone else, but that does not appeal to me. Luckily, the rest of us have 18 power combined. I propose we put a plan in place to get 15 Nay power on the board, say 5 from each of Lethe, Gambol, and Pinchay, in case Daucus and Cyfoeth go through with this (House Lethe can of course moderate the resulting tie for Nay). With any luck, the queen will immediately die live and prosper for many pleasant years to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Senator
Our sitting councilmember has gone to sleep so you'll have to wait until he pitches in. We'd need to hear from House Pinchay too in any case.

However, Houses Cyfoeth and Daucus should currently be fifth and fourth place. If they manage to overthrow the queen, Houses Lethe, Pinchay and Gambol would straight up lose 2 generic crowns, no matter our relative positions.
Daucus would lose 1 crave if they manage to tie last place with Cyfoeth, but if they think Cyfoeth is less a danger than the rest of us it's a good deal.
E: losses compared to the queen dying of natural cases like thinking of Floriando while old.

Lethe's proposal looks honestly fine to me, and I think we don't need enforcement here if we all agree since this would be in our straight mutual interest. But you'll have to wait for C...

Fake edit: I see a really cheeky deal (doable only after Daucus accepts Cyfoeth's offer) that would crater Gambol to undisputed last place while making Lethe and Pinchay 1st and 2nd place and giving Daucus and Cyfoeth a sad trombone.
I'll share it for laughs later no matter what we decide to do.