Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Scruffpuff posted:

If you wanted the people in this thread to be proven wrong, you should have stood on somewhat firmer ground than "Chris Roberts isn't a hack, fraud, liar, and thief." Way to build your house on sand.

I suppose then all those ongoing investigations will get him eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

ManofManyAliases posted:

Sunny and 80s the whole week. Nothing to complain about.

See, we are all friends around here.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Not true. I wanted the space game of my dreams. If it was about the money, I'd either have donated more or have gotten a refund. No for me (at this point), it's about principle. I want people in this thread to be proven wrong. Which, won't happen because the shifting narrative will be "well poo poo, they did it. We'll just buy in now and grief your 27k ships you spergs. We still win." But not really, because there's only like 15 of you who actually give enough of a poo poo to post the dissonance here and somehow, you think that's going to make the difference to the overall public who want the game made. Keep at it though?

Ah yes, admitting they did it and buying back in is definitely moving the goalposts lmao. The only way your statement makes any sense is if you want goons to not just be wrong but to lose.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

starkebn posted:

these idiots think to be able to have your view in game look through the floor you have to actually code up some in-game remote cameras which pipe feeds through to your characters in-game helmet?

:psyduck:

You control the electricity that control the neurons that control the brain that control the finger that control the camera.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

Not true. I wanted the space game of my dreams. If it was about the money, I'd either have donated more or have gotten a refund. No for me (at this point), it's about principle. I want people in this thread to be proven wrong. Which, won't happen because the shifting narrative will be "well poo poo, they did it. We'll just buy in now and grief your 27k ships you spergs. We still win." But not really, because there's only like 15 of you who actually give enough of a poo poo to post the dissonance here and somehow, you think that's going to make the difference to the overall public who want the game made. Keep at it though?

Dude, stop throwing out the sushi you paid for.

Namaste

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Who controls the chatbox?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah Vertisce, you can just post.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Who controls the chatbox?

If you chat alone in a forest, does it make a sound?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Gamestar from Germany is having an SC special:

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/galaktisches-sonderheft-zu-star-citizen-naeher-dran-am-weltraum-traum-auf-148-seiten,3331938.html

Let's rub.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I mean at this point it seems like it would be rude not to post this for you guys to laugh at definitely go downvote because we very seriously care about internet points:

e: in case anyone in the wings happens to be brokebrained enough to be wondering "Hey yeah how does he know Montoya has a financial interest in this?"

There ya go, dummies.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 12, 2018

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

<SHOW LESS>

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean at this point it seems like it would be rude not to post this for you guys to laugh at definitely go downvote because we very seriously care about internet points:

e: in case anyone in the wings happens to be brokebrained enough to be wondering "Hey yeah how does he know Montoya has a financial interest in this?"

There ya go, dummies.

reported for brigading

SCSUcksDealwithit
Jun 29, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Beet Wagon posted:

There ya go, dummies.

Theres also the streaming/youtuber money. If the game isn't successful, their channel/stream isn't successful. No CIG cash needed (just free brand new gaming rigs)

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

ManofManyAliases posted:

you're on a brave and honorable quest commando, the goons must be proven wrong. I wish you luck in the 'verse!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SCSUcksDealwithit posted:

Theres also the streaming/youtuber money. If the game isn't successful, their channel/stream isn't successful. No CIG cash needed (just free brand new gaming rigs)

I mean, even putting aside things like the idea of Montoya having a streaming or youtube career he can make money off of, I don't understand how you can look at a guy with a patreon/store for his guild and go "what financial incentive?"

Like, even if all he's doing with the patreon/store is covering the hosting costs for his dumb forums, that's uhhhhhhh financial incentive right there.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cameroon_TLPC posted:

Thank you. Please send a message to Oleg about claiming your special in-game items.
https://twitter.com/PledgeTeam/status/1017428838991605761

this is all cool and good, but i'm going to need some 18+ patch details before i commit my monies

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

quote:

We catapult you into space
Going high with the new Black Edition. For the brand new update of Alpha 3.2 we have this unearthly Black Edition for you. Because right now is a good time to get into the game or to start, if you're already on board.

That's in it
On more than 148 pages everything is for the Alpha 3.2, ships without end, many detailed guides and a huge XXL poster with cool motives from the game.

7 reasons why the special issue is worthwhile:

Perfect start to the Alpha 3.2: practical tips for starter ships & hardware requirements.
Traveler's Guide: through the current universe with space stations & Co.
Ship register on 60 pages: All current ships in the field test.
Thanks to the pilot's guide to flying ace: Maiden flight & fierce dogfights.
Outlook: This continues with Star Citizen and Squadron 42.
XXL double poster: Exclusive artwork from CIG & all ships in comparison.
30-day free "Centurion" * worth over € 10: "Ship of the Month" for detailed testing.

* 30-day free subscription »Centurion

Early access to the upcoming test universe (PTU, expected in late September), 20,000 Rental Equipment Credits, Flair Item, Jump Point Magazine and more.
The key can be redeemed until September 9, 2018. Until then, however, it is definitely valid for 30 days - if you activate it, for example, only on 8 September, the Centurion subscription still runs the full 30 days
To use all the subscription benefits, you need a Star Citizen Stargate package, otherwise a Star Citizen account is enough.
Our data refers to the status June 28, 2018. Please note that the terms and conditions of the developer can change at any time, as the game is known to be still under development. All current extras and information for Centurion subscribers can be found here: There is also a FAQ linked to subscription issues.
Still undecided? First look in the magazine:

Contra-deal.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean, even putting aside things like the idea of Montoya having a streaming or youtube career he can make money off of, I don't understand how you can look at a guy with a patreon/store for his guild and go "what financial incentive?"

Like, even if all he's doing with the patreon/store is covering the hosting costs for his dumb forums, that's uhhhhhhh financial incentive right there.

There`s no collusion here. Nope, nuh-uh. Frankly, what even IS collusion? Whatever it is, its not here.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Let's rub.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Roberts: He's a DOXXER! He's a Goon DOXXER! LISTEN TO ME! THIS MANS GAME DOESN'T HAVE BLIND CULLING! CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT HE'S DOING HERE! WE HAVE TO STOP HIM!

Judge: *Bangs gavel repeatedly* ORDER! ORDER! Take this man away!

*The Jury is recoiling from Roberts as the officers drag him away, his feet dragging on the floor.*

Roberts: HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND GAME DEVELOPMEEEEEENT!

*As Roberts is led away out of the courtroom, a palpable murmur can be heard throughout the courtroom as people process Robert's behavior. The Judge bangs the gavel again to restore order. Skadden locks eyes with Derek, both smiling ear to ear as Derek gives him a quick wink.*

:fap:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Dude, I don't know how to break this to you but the brand is burnt. “Scam Citizen” is the new “No Man’s Lie”.

The PC gaming public doesn’t want the game made — they want it to crash, burn and go away.

Watch the reaction at the PC Gaming Show. Educate yourself.

Read the Twitch chat. I'll even make it easy for you.

Listen to the crowd reaction after their latest misleading trailer comes to an end. "Polite clap" would be the polite way to phrase it. Those viewers? They're the PC Gaming public that you think wants to see the game get made.

--

Listen to the daily streamers — the whales who have a vested interested in the success of the game that presumably exceeds your own. The most popular streamers struggle to get over 100 viewers. They're all adding other games to their rotation, and talking about how hard it is to make streaming work when Star Citizen isn't a game.

https://clips.twitch.tv/NurturingTriumphantAnacondaSoonerLater

--

Watch what happens when a popular streamer gets paid to stream the game for 4 hours, get handed guided tours by SC streamers.

These are the actual highlights:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FunExquisiteTermiteDxAbomb
https://clips.twitch.tv/HonorableAggressiveSpindleMrDestructoid
https://clips.twitch.tv/JoyousHelplessAlfalfaOSsloth
https://clips.twitch.tv/UnusualElegantClintmullinsBloodTrail
https://clips.twitch.tv/NastyJoyousPresidentOptimizePrime

Seriously. Mitauchi was as good a hand-holder as anybody could've asked for, but the guided tour was for a high-fidelity bugfest with so little to do that it became a LARPathon. There was nothing else to do.

--

This is Chris in 2016 describing coordinated team efforts to board a ship, hack security, overcome AI, and win the objective. (steal the loot.)

This is an excerpt from an upcoming real, free to play gameplay expansion, where players have boarded a ship and are coordinating efforts to overcome secure, defeat AI, and win the object (blow up the ship.)

--

Are you starting to get it yet?

The brand is trashed from years upon years of lies that you somehow convinced yourself were entirely acceptable and cool and good.

I hope it's not a shock for you to learn that most gamers don't actually have such impossibly low standards for what game development or customer treatment is actually supposed to look like. The majority actually think that this kind of treatment is not cool, not good, and that $189 million and six years are far more than any studio, even a brand new one, would need to make two games that could have, and should have, and would have taken less time had Chris Roberts not decided to constantly try to one up every competitor and treat people like you like some perpetual ATM that he inserted IOUs into while you threw money back at him over and over and over again, pausing only to show up here and strike :smuggo: poses while owning yourself for years upon end.

Dude, you know I love you but for real, you need a new schtick. Like a firmware update. It's not 2015 anymore.

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYi1Zv_6GaM

Almost 9 minutes of AtV!!!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Daztek posted:

Almost 9 minutes of AtV!!!

Shorter then the loading screen.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

how is this the first thing that I noticed lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Well, to be fair, they reduced the size of the in-game 'verse by 90-95% so this is actually kind of appropriate.

e: Oh boy! The children are back! Watch out Derek!

trucutru fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 12, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

:monocle: By Satoshi's holy ghost!

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

why is chris roberts incapable of turning his loving head towards the camera when he's talking? is this like his nervous tick?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Say what you want about Twitch chat but calling Star Citizen "Mass Effect Reandromastered" is just perfect

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

ManofManyAliases posted:

I suppose then all those ongoing investigations will get him eh?
Your stated goal is to show up the doubting, dirty goons. The burden falls on CIG to create this game that proves the fudsters wrong. Coming soon in 201????????

The only thing anyone here has to do is sit back and laugh.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
How much do Citizens pay as that monthly fee for all these youtube shows? Because it seems odd that they just cut half the content and I'm assuming kept your bill the same. I mean odd for a normal and functional company.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beet Wagon posted:

:lol:

MoMA - is one of your aliases MR SQUAREPEG or Darloka21?

Morphix posted:

How much do Citizens pay as that monthly fee for all these youtube shows? Because it seems odd that they just cut half the content and I'm assuming kept your bill the same. I mean odd for a normal and functional company.

$10 to $20. But I’m not sure CIG is really cutting half the content. ATVs are shorter and clearly now aimed at making the game seem cool and good for new viewers. I bet Ship Shape gets rolled out as a weekly show aimed at collectors, some variation on LoreMakers gets served up for Theorycrafters, and Lando gets a live hangout show for the reality show junkies.

What strikes me as weird is how Chris and Sandi are trotting their kids out more and more often in Star Citizen videos and on social media. Given the dramas around kid doxing a few years ago, it feels pretty cynical. Like some new effort at good will shielding or something.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 12, 2018

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Morphix posted:

Normal companies try to gently caress over their customers all the time. They also produce a product though, that's the difference.

Cameroon_TLPC
Jun 15, 2018

CEO, Lead Designer and Game Director

playlovepledge.com

Truga posted:

this is all cool and good, but i'm going to need some 18+ patch details before i commit my monies
We are an adult game for adult gamers. No compromises.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Strawman posted:

Normal companies try to gently caress over their customers all the time. They also produce a product though, that's the difference.

Maybe we're just looking at this all wrong.

Maybe CIG isn't making a product, but a service.

All of CIG exists to give us spectrum and :reddit: to watch and poke.

People were right when they said there is no game, because this is it.

:suspense:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

G0RF posted:

What strikes me as weird is how Chris and Sandi are trotting their kids out more and more often in Star Citizen videos and on social media. Given the dramas around kid doxing a few years ago, it feels pretty cynical. Like some new effort at good will shielding or something.

Remember how Sandi stuffed her face full of food in front of the camera after the thread criticized her for eating donuts in front of people trying to keep on a diet? Kind of a nice "gently caress you" for people who might be watching?

Chris has other kids than the ones you saw on that show. I'll let you connect the dots.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

For a company where the VP had to go into hiding because of being harassed, you would think they would keep their kids as far from it as possible

And yet here we are

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Hav posted:

We catapult you into space
Going high with the new Black Edition. For the brand new update of Alpha 3.2 we have this unearthly Black Edition for you. Because right now is a good time to get into the game or to start, if you're already on board.

That's in it
On more than 148 pages everything is for the Alpha 3.2, ships without end, many detailed guides and a huge XXL poster with cool motives from the game.

7 reasons why the special issue is worthwhile:

Perfect start to the Alpha 3.2: practical tips for starter ships & hardware requirements.
Ship register on 60 pages: All current ships in the field test.
Thanks to the pilot's guide to flying ace: Maiden flight & fierce dogfights.
Outlook: This continues with Star Citizen and Squadron 42.
XXL double poster: Exclusive artwork from CIG & all ships in comparison.
30-day free "Centurion" * worth over € 10: "Ship of the Month" for detailed testing.

* 30-day free subscription »Centurion

Early access to the upcoming test universe (PTU, expected in late September), 20,000 Rental Equipment Credits, Flair Item, Jump Point Magazine and more.
The key can be redeemed until September 9, 2018. Until then, however, it is definitely valid for 30 days - if you activate it, for example, only on 8 September, the Centurion subscription still runs the full 30 days
To use all the subscription benefits, you need a Star Citizen Stargate package, otherwise a Star Citizen account is enough.
Our data refers to the status June 28, 2018. Please note that the terms and conditions of the developer can change at any time, as the game is known to be still under development. All current extras and information for Centurion subscribers can be found here: There is also a FAQ linked to subscription issues.
Still undecided? First look in the magazine:

Thanks for translating!

Star Citizer: the terms and conditions of the developer can change at any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYi1Zv_6GaM&t=45s
The hilarious jump cut here makes me think of a RedLetterMedia moment.
Production money well spent

It's across the galaxy dammit!