Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CM PUNK
This poll is closed.
CM PUNK 47 25.68%
CM PUNK 41 22.40%
CM PUNK 71 38.80%
CM PUNK 24 13.11%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Cavauro posted:

i bought a gilberg cameo for Seams. i said it's your birthday and you're 52 years old.

https://www.cameo.com/v/603d7eb1ded3c0001d3c3fad?utm_campaign=video_share_to_copy

steve seagull could beat you in a fight.

thank you cav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lmao

rawrity

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

At this point I have no doubt that if he signed with AEW they'd find the right way to utilise him but man, I have absolutely no desire to ever see Bray Wyatt again. He's a mediocre wrestler who can't stay in shape and got over mainly because of how absolutely dire the rest of WWE's output was while he was there. He'd be far better off taking his creative skills and working in film/tv.

Mick Foley asks "the gently caress is this poo poo?", July 2019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
bring him in to do cool cinematic matches every few months, easy peasy

he sucks poo poo in the ring but they're presumably getting the american goat braniel dyansion who was able to get decent matches out of him so anhything is possible under the reign of BBT

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'll give AEW the benefit of the doubt but compared to CM Punk and Bryan Danielson, Bray isn't one that I remember fondly at all.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
everything i know about the fiend sounds dumb as poo poo and i don't want it near aew unless it's like goofy chaos project level stuff on Dark to laugh at

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Bray and The Bo!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Chris Benoit = Daniel Bryan (great technical skills)
Eddie Guerrero = CM Punk (incredible charisma)
Perry Saturn = Bray Wyatt (good at character work)
Dean Malenko = Adam Cole (short)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

smarxist posted:

everything i know about the fiend sounds dumb as poo poo and i don't want it near aew unless it's like goofy chaos project level stuff on Dark to laugh at

I have good news about how things work.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm sure he could be a writer or producer or something. Maybe have the occasional match too, maybe not. Like in any other form of showbiz, sometimes someone works best in a behind-the-scenes position.

Rarity posted:

also penchant for suffering brain injuries in the pursuit of the craft

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Aug 23, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

this only works if adam cole and dean malenko do the mirror spot.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Rarity posted:

lol

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is Perry Saturn still alive?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

smarxist posted:

That's how I felt about Matt Hardy but they found a way to make him work in the mid card eventually, so maybe the Slipknot guy who's had five different gimmicks can find a place in AEW too.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I don't get the appeal of the Fiend poo poo either, but apparently it's a legit draw and Bray was one of the few guys who actually made money for WWE, so it couldn't hurt to at least bring him in for a tryout run.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Cavauro posted:

what was number

mjf killed the average, I'm sorry to say it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Cerebral Bore posted:

I don't get the appeal of the Fiend poo poo either, but apparently it's a legit draw and Bray was one of the few guys who actually made money for WWE, so it couldn't hurt to at least bring him in for a tryout run.

because Gen Z didn't have an Undertaker or Mankind or Kane or crow Sting to call their own until The Fiend. We think its terrible, because it ruined matches and booking around it, but when there was an area of booking available that people wanted it The Fiend did it. Like you're watching WWE and you have a top division of like Seth Rollins and Randy Orton and Roman Reigns... you can be a teen fan of them or be a fan of the guy wearing the slasher movie mask with magic powers and violence.

It's like how we, correctly so, poo poo on CM Punk for his terrible off-shoot kicks and puro style copied from KENTA and other mid-2000s era puro but the reason he did kicks and submissions like that was because no one else in WWE was doing them and it made him stand out. Despite being in WWE style he worked, poorly nonetheless, something that did not fit the mold.

Hell no one in WWE had a match like Daniel Bryan except Daniel Bryan.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

His death hasn't been reported. He was a literal missing person for a long while, but I think he's now got a bit more stability in his life but he's no longer in the industry so he might have vanished again.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Actually yes!

He disappeared for years and it was long rumoured he was dead but, unfortunately, he'd become homeless and drug addicted but as of a few years ago was turning his life around.

Sadly he has had medical issues and a gofundme was started for him

https://www.gofundme.com/f/perrysaturn

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

god what a loving story that was

I remember people thought for a long time he was and I also remember the general wtf sentiment when he turned out to be alive and well, or at any rate rather more well than he had been.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Lid posted:

Hes been working without a contract and was on a short term extension. The belief, emphasis on belief, is that due to contract law he can't be bound by a non-compete as the contract wasn't ended by firing or quitting.

I think some people in the business have clarified that these aren't really non competes - it's more like WWE is giving you notice that your contract expires in 90 days, so you're still under contract and can't violate the terms of the contract.

But then you might be wondering why people can't just at-will themselves into unemployment and tell WWE to gently caress off? Well, you aren't really protected by at-will employment when you're not actually an employee.

The best part of AEW is that there's now a career alternative to this toxic bullshit.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I remember reading that Perry was more missing. Glad to hear he is alive.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

It was only last month so if she re-injured it I haven't heard anything about it, but trying to dig up that up I saw that Jungle Boy and Anna met playing Beer Pong with Janella and Angel and Sonny Kiss was trying to play matchmaker

Source was Fightful

I found the quote again. I misunderstood. She was talking about a how the torn labrum she had surgery on this year was the reinjury. Everything's been fine since the second surgery earlier this year.

My bad!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Cavauro posted:

thank you for the shoutout. i think it's in poor taste for gillberg to keep changing his act to be even more out of it and messed up every time goldberg adds more concussions
Goldberg is GORG now. Try to keep up.

xbilkis posted:

I was going to say it'd be kind of weird bringing Cole straight into The Elite when they've already got a giant squad of goons and their story is presumably nearing its end, but that made me realize that Cole should kick Kenny out of The Elite after he drops the title and become the new leader. Let the Bucks stay on as shithead heels while Kenny can move onto a new story and cut the cheating out of his matches

Adam Cole could easily play the role Cody had in 2017-2018 Bullet Club: Chaotic weirdo who comes in and immediately challenges the leader to cause a schism in the group.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Who came up with the name Big Biceps Tony? It’s got a lot of Janela energy but idk if it was actually him who invented it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

cava row and rah ritty

at least i know how to say your names now

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 23, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

Who came up with the name Big Biceps Tony? It’s got a lot of Janela energy but idk if it was actually him who invented it

Janela revealed it, but it is unknown if he coined it.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Dango Bango posted:

I found the quote again. I misunderstood. She was talking about a how the torn labrum she had surgery on this year was the reinjury. Everything's been fine since the second surgery earlier this year.

My bad!
No big deal! She's healthy and happy and that's the important thing

sticklefifer posted:

I didn't watch Summerslam but is this the evolution of Big rear end and eat Balls

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

lol @ raw ritty

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Tampa Bae posted:

I didn't watch Summerslam but is this the evolution of Big rear end and eat Balls

They had a huge screen running around the stadium, which read GOLDBERG, and then they piped in the video feed right in the middle, wiping out the LDBE

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

The missing link of the Borg. Squashing is futile.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

gillberg confirmed not a my little pony fan i guess

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

This is just a commercial for Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Mr. Squishy posted:

They had a huge screen running around the stadium, which read GOLDBERG, and then they piped in the video feed right in the middle, wiping out the LDBE
I didn't even need to watch the show to know WWE keep loving up their own production. I hope they also had the Dreamcast looking Roman Reigns screaming at the crowd.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

boxcarhobo posted:

gillberg confirmed not a my little pony fan i guess

IT'S A COMPLETELY NORMAL WORD :argh:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlTBEyrIB9I

Holy poo poo, watching this now feels completely different when I watched it on early 2020.

Praise the needle.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Guillermus posted:

Praise the needle.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006