Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LmaoTheKid posted:

WR/TE or bust. Only people who bitch about that format have Gronk as a keeper or some poo poo.

I'm not convinced, but I'm open to hearing why WR/TE is superior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He keeps harping on it, so you can just hit his ? for a rundown on his reasons.

Personally I think lumping the two positions together devalues TE so much that you might as well not bother with it at all.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Guys like Gronk and Graham are still going to be more valuable than WR3s and a good majority of WR2s, so I don't really buy that line of reasoning.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
WR/TE is for babbies and girly men.

2 TE leagues put hair on your chest.

Note: 2 TE leagues may lead to suicidal thoughts or actions.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Guys like Gronk and Graham are still going to be more valuable than WR3s and a good majority of WR2s, so I don't really buy that line of reasoning.

WR24-36+ is hardly a shallow position, adding two more to the pool is... nice? I guess, but its hardly a gamechanger. Certainly not on order with removing an entire position category, which absolutely does change draft strategies.

The argument for keeping TE as a separate category is that it forces you to either reach on Gronk/Graham/Kelce in their respective rounds, or to have a sleeper draft strategy, or to account for a streaming plan. Any of those three options is valid, and any of them has a huge impact on how different teams will draft, and what advantages/philosophies they will bring to the table. If you just roll TE into WR you are basically just eliminating all but one or two TEs from the draft, making teams much more cookie-cutter in appearance, and generally decreasing the amount of thought that has to go into team composition.

I just don't see much difference between WR/TE and no TE at all. It's effectively the same thing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

K/TE. Let's make it interesting.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Leperflesh posted:

I talked my brother's ear off about the intricacies of fantasy football over italian sodas at a cafe yesterday and I realized that I'm jonesing hard.

There must be some kind of fantasy football "thing" you can do during the NFL draft, right? I mean, as a person who doesn't watch or care about college football, but... like, can we mash buttons and draft these kids and then someone wins or something?

Just do what I do and watch playoff hockey. Only time I think about fantasy football is when this thread bumps.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Franks Happy Place posted:

Personally I think lumping the two positions together devalues TE so much that you might as well not bother with it at all.

This guy gets it. gently caress TEs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

Just do what I do and watch playoff hockey. Only time I think about fantasy football is when this thread bumps.

I'm not really interested in most other sports. :shrug:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Spoeank posted:

WR/TE is for babbies and girly men.

2 TE leagues put hair on your chest.

Note: 2 TE leagues may lead to suicidal thoughts or actions.

1 TE, 1 W/T is my compromise

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Does anyone have any good reading material or primers on daily fantasy? My main league with friends is fairly casual and I'd like to use daily as an outlet for things more serious. Anything about theory, bankroll/betting, strategies, etc would be nice so I can read up a bit before the season starts.

e: I have just about literally zero knowledge of DFS currently, so really everything is appreciated.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 28, 2015

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
By my count I can still get into slow draft as number 11 yes?

Slow draft.

....Slow draft. :feelsgoodman:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I haven't bothered checking, but gently caress it we'll stop at 12 including myself. Slow draft will start once real draft is over.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm in if there's still room

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Slow Draft

Spoeank
Beer4TheBeerGod
Leperflesh
coronaball
VDay
Gyshall
Cervixalot
Varg
Zypher
timp
Azhais

That would make 12. 12 is a good number.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

The Slow Draft

Spoeank
Beer4TheBeerGod
Leperflesh
coronaball
VDay
Gyshall
Cervixalot
Varg
Zypher
timp
Azhais

So pretty much all the usual suspects from last year. Awesome!

Slow draft last year helped me a ton by forcing me to shake the cobwebs off and remember 2nd and 3rd tier characters. It also forces you to do more research on rookies and traded players and stuff like that. We'll all look back at our rosters this winter and laugh but gently caress it, that's half the fun :)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Here's last year's ClickyDraft thanks to Azhais: https://clickydraft.com/draftapp/board/1245

I propose the following:

16 Rounds
1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST/1PK
Half PPR

Thoughts?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
AP Moreno VD and CJ2K all in the first 6 rounds. Holy poo poo my draft

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Spoeank posted:

AP Moreno VD and CJ2K all in the first 6 rounds. Holy poo poo my draft

Nobody do what this dude suggests for 2015. :stare:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Here's last year's ClickyDraft thanks to Azhais: https://clickydraft.com/draftapp/board/1245

I propose the following:

16 Rounds
Half PPR

Thoughts?

Those 2nd round RBs, hah

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RVProfootballer posted:

Those 2nd round RBs, hah

I thought I'd be unstoppable with Martin in the 2nd. Goddamn.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

1. (2) Jamaal Charles
(KC - RB)
2. (23) Zac Stacy
(StL - RB)
3. (26) Julio Jones
(Atl - WR)
4. (47) Andre Johnson
(Ind - WR)
5. (50) Joique Bell
(Det - RB)
6. (71) Shane Vereen
(NYG - RB)
7. (74) Tony Romo
(Dal - QB)
8. (95) Jeremy Hill
(Cin - RB)
9. (98) Martellus Bennett
(Chi - TE)
10. (119) Justin Hunter
(Ten - WR)
11. (122) Robert Quinn
(StL - DE)
12. (143) Patrick Willis
(SF - LB)
13. (146) Travis Kelce
(KC - TE)
14. (167) Ryan Tannehill
(Mia - QB)
15. (170) Paul Posluszny
(Jax - LB)
16. (191) Aaron Dobson
(NE - WR)
17. (194) Knile Davis
(KC - RB)
18. (215) Dwayne Allen
(Ind - TE)

(I flipped Stacy for Alshon Jeffery shortly after the draft)

Edit: God drat that was a good Keeper draft. I'm rosterbating over here, guys.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lacy, Sproles, and Ingram? My RBs could have been worse.

That Ray Rice pick didn't really work out tho

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I propose the following:

16 Rounds
Half PPR

Thoughts?

Is this a snake draft, or is it an auction? I'm OK with either.

I'd also be OK with IDP, but if others don't wanna do that, I'm fine with this too.

Do you guys do anything beyond just doing the draft? Like, is there a league, matchups, etc. or is this just basically a slow mock-draft?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Well, if we use MFL for the mock draft it does get locked and scored as a best ball league all year, so there's at least a little feedback.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I tried that Gerhart/Rashad Jennings RB2 platoon in a few real leagues. Also, I did not win poo poo in those leagues.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

Is this a snake draft, or is it an auction? I'm OK with either.

I'd also be OK with IDP, but if others don't wanna do that, I'm fine with this too.

Do you guys do anything beyond just doing the draft? Like, is there a league, matchups, etc. or is this just basically a slow mock-draft?

Currently we just sit there and laugh. I could probably be arsed to try a MFL or something.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Also, we should totally try a http://www.realitysportsonline.com/ draft sometime

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

The MFL format was pretty nice and if we do that again I'd remember this time to actually draft for best ball style

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MFL is My Fantasy League, right? You draft your guys, there's some automatic formula that determines whose stats you get each week, there's no trading or waiver wires or anything, and whoever has the most points at the end of the regular season wins? (Or do they cut things off before the lame duck games in week 15+?)

That sounds about right for this sort of half-assed, just-for-fun slow draft thing. I'm in for that.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Yeah MFL10 gives you 20 rounds, ends up taking a week or two depending how quick league members are on the draw. Each pick gets 8 hours, and you can pre-select your picks if you like. Can be free or can have folks chip in $10 each for an added stake - MFL takes PayPal.

Most leagues tend to be 1 PPR I believe, or at least that's the default setting of the public leagues I've joined. We should be able to toggle settings if we start a private, invite-only league.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

The Slow Draft

Spoeank
Beer4TheBeerGod
Leperflesh
coronaball
VDay
Gyshall
Cervixalot
Varg
Zypher
timp
Azhais

Allright nerds, if you're in on this send me a PM with your e-mail address so I can get it set up on MFL.

League Page: http://www32.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/61730

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Yahoo just opened up :monocle:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Allright nerds, if you're in on this send me a PM with your e-mail address so I can get it set up on MFL.

League Page: http://www32.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/61730

Should we make a thread for this?

Also, how do I change my team's name?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

Should we make a thread for this?

Also, how do I change my team's name?

Yeah I will set up a thread. Should be under team options or something up top.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh I found it it's under Setup: Basic, instead of where I expected (customize team).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Draft Thread is up. Someone come up with a funny way to decide draft order.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Draft Thread is up. Someone come up with a funny way to decide draft order.

guess the number im thinking of

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm not participating so I'm impartial. Everyone take a dump and I will judge it with the following criteria: upside, relative value, and intangibles. Looking for good form and technique as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
RIP Zac Stacy you were a cool waiver pickup in 2013

• Locked thread