Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Davincie posted:

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/829958980956889088

trhat manga series with the thousand couples that all look the exact same and that keeps repeating the same few jokes, well its getting an anime
it'll be better b/c now all the heroines will be hair-color coded. anyway, sounds like it's gonna be perfectly OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/829958980956889088

trhat manga series with the thousand couples that all look the exact same and that keeps repeating the same few jokes, well its getting an anime

AH good now I'll be able to tell some of them apart

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I'm glad tsurezure is getting an anime, now I can just stop trying to re-read it to figure out who's who.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/829567040767668226

lol

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
Thuringia knows whats up.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I haven't followed this season so what are some of the better shows?

No sequels because I haven't seen any of the shows which are getting sequels except Yowapeda and no harem/moe shows because I've seen too many of those shows. Only if they are really unique I will watch those type of shows. Thanks.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ulio posted:

No sequels because I haven't seen any of the shows which are getting sequels except Yowapeda and no harem/moe shows because I've seen too many of those shows. Only if they are really unique I will watch those type of shows. Thanks.

I'm really enjoying Gabriel Dropout, Little Witch Academia, and especially Miss Kobayashi's Maid Dragon so far.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ACCA is my favorite of the season but is also the sort of show i wish i had waited to watch all at once. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Saga of Tanya the Evil are also good. I'd recommend against Gabriel Dropout if you're looking for unique moe comedy.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 11, 2017

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Ulio posted:

Is there a reason that you're unwilling to watch the precursor of a show getting its sequel this season, like Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu?

EDIT: I enjoy Gabriel Dropout a lot, too. Haven't tried ACCA.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

fwiw I'd also recommend Rakugo Shinju as a show to binge. S1 can be watched comfortably and left alone, but S2 felt like it was hurt by the weekly breaks so i stopped watching at ep3 until the season ends.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

dogsicle posted:

I'd recommend against Gabriel Dropout if you're looking for unique moe comedy.

Yeah, I missed that stipulation at first. Gabriel Dropout's good fun and well executed, but I wouldn't say it brings anything terribly new to the table.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
It brings many cute reaction faces to the table

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Agronox posted:

It brings many cute reaction faces to the table

And the most bullyable hellspawn.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also bear in mind that dragon maid takes like, two episodes to really get going so if you're not feeling it by the first ep it's totally worth one more shot

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know not to expect perfect realism in a sports anime, but if the Kamakura girls overcome a three minute delay and win in a three kilometer race, I'm gonna lose my poo poo.

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 11, 2017

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Ulio posted:

handshakers

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Don't be mean

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

Don't be mean

i haven't actually watched it but i'm sort of curious after reading just an absolutely brutal review and seeing it consistently voted as the shittiest show of the season

my actual suggestions are LWA and Saga of Tanya the Evil. both are great.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't believe none of you guys have said Interviews with Monster Girls yet, that show is great. That and Tanya the Evil are my favorites this season so far.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Homura and Sickle posted:

i haven't actually watched it but i'm sort of curious after reading just an absolutely brutal review and seeing it consistently voted as the shittiest show of the season

my actual suggestions are LWA and Saga of Tanya the Evil. both are great.

I've seen the first episode and okay, the visuals are interesting (if bad) so I'd be happy to keep watching it as my trash show of the season, except...

The writing is the most generic, bland thing I've ever seen complete with the main character having no personality other than "i'm an earnest shounen character!" and the white-haired heroine having no personality at all. Then the first villain kept getting his chained up lady partner aroused and it was just thoroughly unlikable.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I can't believe none of you guys have said Interviews with Monster Girls yet, that show is great. That and Tanya the Evil are my favorites this season so far.

I like it too, but, while I don't consider it a harem, apparently other people in the thread do, and the person asking the question specifically requested otherwise.

Also, it might fall into his other disliked category (moe) since I don't really know the definition, but the show definitely has an aspect of "Look how adorable these monster girls are".

It pretty much defined his "no go" list, at least as I read it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Ulio posted:

Anyways to rec you stuff, I have been loving Kuzu no Honkai as the best messed up melodrama I've seen - no one in it is a good person, it's beautifully made, and there's something oddly genuine about the first few episodes. Teenagers are bad at romance, and it isn't humorous at all.

If you're even mildly interested, check it out.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

I've seen the first episode and okay, the visuals are interesting (if bad) so I'd be happy to keep watching it as my trash show of the season, except...

The writing is the most generic, bland thing I've ever seen complete with the main character having no personality other than "i'm an earnest shounen character!" and the white-haired heroine having no personality at all. Then the first villain kept getting his chained up lady partner aroused and it was just thoroughly unlikable.

supposedly after the first episode the writing falls off a cliff from generic and bland to mystifyingly stupid

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

"don't recommend me moe shows"
Proceeds to recommend him moe shows

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Futaba Anzu posted:

I don't think there's many non-moe shows this season now that I think about it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

moe doesn't exist, it's just a bullshit term for shows with female characters

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Futaba Anzu posted:

...Do LWA and MaiDragon count as Moe?

..What even is Moe, besides "cute girls doing cute things?"

Endorph posted:

Ah, right.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Endorph posted:

yeah that

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
next you'll tell me the nutbladder isn't real

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I really wish that Fox spirit would show up more often in Kon's body.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Moé is a disease that infected anime in the 00s, destroying all manliness. Ten years later there's nothing but tea parties and frilly dresses left.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

devtesla posted:

Moé is a disease that infected anime in the 00s, destroying all manliness. Ten years later there's nothing but tea parties and frilly dresses left.

I'm glad we got the good end.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AnoHito posted:

I'm glad we got the good end.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

devtesla posted:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

it's one of those words people pick up from anime or online discussion and independently self-define, resulting in any number of contextual definitions ("cute", "anime I don't like", "the cute anime I don't like", etc) that make it uselessly nebulous in the west, so

Endorph posted:

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I was under the impression that the definition of moe was almost equally nebulous in Japan, being a word otaku invented to describe particular characters they liked.

Either way moe is good.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I don't think I can lay down rigid terms for what moe anime is but heck, I know it when I sees it.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Endorph posted:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Srice posted:

I don't think I can lay down rigid terms for what moe anime is but heck, I know it when I sees it.

Ah, Jacobellis v. Moehio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Darox posted:

I was under the impression that the definition of moe was almost equally nebulous in Japan, being a word otaku invented to describe particular characters they liked.

yeah nerd colloquialisms are always goofy but for us it was one delivered via "heard an anime character say it that one time in '06"

• Locked thread