Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
February 9, 2018

YouTuber Law - August 17, 2018: Star Citizen Update. The Judge Messed It Up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Imagine how these clowns react if the judge decides against CIG, if not dismissing everything outright alone makes them post like mentally disabled children.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Libluini posted:

Imagine how these clowns react if the judge decides against CIG, if not dismissing everything outright alone makes them post like mentally disabled children.

Well waddaya expect when :females: discuss technology

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Libluini posted:

Gee is for Goon. Like the master goon.
It was right there staring at them and now it should make sense.

Sorry for posting outside the you know what thread of OPS, but I can't keep secrets.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

hell yea

More like neverdone

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Son of a BITCH

:pgabz:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

I was wondering when we'd get around to: "CiG losing court case because the judge doesn't understand game development."

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Lord Stimperor posted:

The reality distortion field is on at full power regarding the CIG vs Crytek case. Couple of weeks ago the judge was a stellar professional whose relation to 'space' would indubitably make her dismiss all of Cryteks arguments. Now that she didn't she's 'too old' to understand technology and the reason why old people are failing America. Woe be me if there was another was another explanation. The sound of dissonance emanating from /r/starcitizen makes shatters windows on ArcCorp.

TWITCH: The Relay Team offer a characteristically nuanced take on the latest Crytek lawsuit news

Starts at 1:38:28 if the link doesn’t work...

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

"You don't sue your clients"

Apparently all of commercial law is an illusion because no business would sue someone they had a contract with.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Alchenar posted:

"You don't sue your clients"

Apparently all of commercial law is an illusion because no business would sue someone they had a contract with.

Backers seem to have a habit of stating things they have no knowledge of with full confidence that they're right. The thing is, I can play that game too. Example: "Star Citizen is poo poo." The difference is that I'm right and they're not.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

cursed image

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Bofast posted:

Still a chance of Ortwin getting disbarred, though

Only if the bar association can find and destroy his phylactery

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

looked at the list and immediately knew it was lethality. All the games are in a vague state of non existance where he can project his ideal escapism into

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

looked at the list and immediately knew it was lethality. All the games are in a vague state of non existance where he can project his ideal escapism into

I breathed a sigh of relief when I read that list and saw none of them were games I'm looking forward to

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:lol: cheers for the link, their meltdowns are beautiful :laffo:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Quavers posted:

:lol: cheers for the link, their meltdowns are beautiful :laffo:

Wow speaking of annoying little dipshits, Erris :v: Dude if you have to slag them off before even reviewing the evidence, you've already lost the plot. In fact, the "annoying little dipshits" are following the judges direction.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 19, 2018

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

It's almost as if they've been directed to play up the lawyer snark because they know backers are going to read the documents.

:thunk:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/1030604135815475200

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lack of Gravitas posted:

I breathed a sigh of relief when I read that list and saw none of them were games I'm looking forward to

Same. His kiss of death is....lethal.

Guys?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Hav posted:

Same. His kiss of death is....lethal.

Guys?

Maybe you need a...

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

A total of TEN massive moons with ZERO content on any of them!!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Oh man they scheduled stuff. They've never done THAT before.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 19, 2018

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Wil wheaton's primary role now is acting like a bitch on twitter, so it's probably something about that

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

From Reddit:

I wrote this in 8th grade. I'm starting my first year of College next week. Look at question 5.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

:discourse:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

If your in 8th grade and writing like you're in second grade, what college accepted you?

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

Lladre posted:

If you're in 8th grade and writing like you're in second grade, what college accepted you?
FTFY. Pray tell: and which college accepted you, friendo?

Scruffyhawk
Jun 30, 2005

FHNNNNNNN
Ramrod XTreme
someone inject me with eternators immediatly

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Calling it: none of this will happen.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Tsar Mikey posted:

But will none of this happen in 2 weeks?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Who wants to send this dude the SQ42 "Answer The Call" screenshots from the last four years?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

skaboomizzy posted:

Who wants to send this dude the SQ42 "Answer The Call" screenshots from the last four years?
Just wait five months and send him his own tweet back with a red x over everything they didn't get.

SC amazes me that way, been following the thread for nine or ten months and I'm not sure the game has actually added anything you'd put down as a game feature or meaningful content.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Scruffpuff posted:

When you think about Gamescom or E3, you think of an industry event designed for everyone to get together and show off this or that. Blizzcon or the more recent Tennocon is on a smaller scale - Blizzard has a number of offerings, Tennocon has a dedicated fan base so it's smaller and more intimate, but just as energetic.

Enter "CitizenCon." Remember that Chris Roberts was turned down by every publisher he approached. We know the games industry is a small place. Nobody who ever worked with Chris had anything particularly good to say about him, just backhanded compliments through gritted teeth. Nobody would work with him. Nobody.

His opinion of himself is of a visionary mastermind. Now to those of us with the talent to spot missing chromosomes, this is laughable at best. But he believes it. Hence CitizenCon - an E3 dedicated solely to Chris Roberts.

CR thinks he's such an incredible game developer that he requires an E3 analogue dedicated to him alone. This is a man who is not considered a game developer by the games industry, nor is he considered a director by the movie industry. Both kicked him out. But he demands an E3 of his own. Dedicated not to his nonexistent "game" - despite the name - but to him. A monument to his genius. An annual event where he finds the most genetically damaged white males the internet can defraud, and charges them to fly to where he is and clap for him as he stutters and spits on stage, oblivious to every thought beyond "FIDELITY! IMMERSION!" despite having less idea what those terms mean than a below-average duck.

This is the man whose company is about to charge into a Federal court and lay waste to one of the most powerful legal behemoths on the planet.

If the original Star Wars movie had Chris Roberts as Luke Skywalker, the credits would have rolled minutes after the movie began, shortly after Chris turned on the lightsaber while it was pointing the wrong way.
The warframe devs where also turned away from every publisher they pitched WF to.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Tsar Mikey posted:

Some of it will happen. I've found that CIG constantly manages to surprise me by surpassing utter failure by a hair's breadth.

Like, maybe they'll add a new moon or two in orbit of Placeholder Gas Giant, or maybe they'll put in a extraordinarily glitchy female model that causes all new body horror. But CIG constantly surprises me by failing to utterly fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Viscous Soda posted:

Some of it will happen. I've found that CIG constantly manages to surprise me by surpassing utter failure by a hair's breadth.

Like, maybe they'll add a new moon or two in orbit of Placeholder Gas Giant, or maybe they'll put in a extraordinarily glitchy female model that causes all new body horror. But CIG constantly surprises me by failing to utterly fail.

Kinda agree with this. They'll put out something, it will be completely underwhelming and a utter fraction of what they were saying was coming. And then we'll get to hear how all that is actually better than several released AAA games for the next three months.