Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

I'm an inspiration!!

quote:

Item #: SCP-2903

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2903 is located in [Data Redacted]

Description: SCP-2903 is an unknown phenomena similar to the infinite hallway/room SCP. However, Dr [Data Redacted] has found this to be a specific roomed phenomena. This was sighted in [Data Redacted].

Anyone entering the room will fell, altered, like someone is taking them over. The victim will start to wander the room looking for some way to die. Even attempts to locate the entrance the victim came in have been unsuccessful. After 30 minutes of exposure, the victim will be [Data Redacted].

Dr [Data Redacted] has not been found since.

SCP-2903 has been surrounded by MTF units and cameras monitored by the Foundation. Class D Personnel must be transported on a bi-weekly basis.

Please note: Mysterious objects/figures have followed Class D personnel after about 15 minutes. These objects are not hostile until after about 28 minutes, where they will begin [Data Redacted] until the victim is dead. No one has survived longer than 31 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Oh yeah 970 is one of my favorites, mostly.

solid loving gold posted:

Note from Research Assistant Boston: Dr Jung initially encountered technical problems with the scanner, prompting Researcher Taylor to "go and fetch someone who knows what he's doing", at which point she walked through the doors to the previous iteration, returning with a second Dr Jung. The "original" Dr Jung proved unwilling to be assisted, leading to a row between the two doctors, which was only exacerbated when a third Dr Jung emerged from the next iteration, complaining about the slow pace of the experiment. The disagreement was eventually broken up by security, who mandated A) the reprogramming of the scanner by the second Doctor Jung, and B) that all staff remain in their particular iteration to avoid confusion.

At 157 iterations, an unidentified man appeared in the place of D-970-296. The man was immediately restrained according to security procedures; analysis of the notes on his card indicated that he was in fact D-970-296, and that in his original iteration a different D-class had been allocated to the experiment. D-970-296-1 (as he will now be known) showed signs of bruising, allegedly from multiple enthusiastic restraints during this experiment. Dr Jung provided a cardboard sign to hang around his neck, reading "I AM AUTHORISED TO BE HERE, PLEASE READ THE NOTES"; D-970-296-1 showed gratitude.

Mostly.

quote:

[REDACTED] - the research team [DATA EXPUNGED] facial features.

:chloe:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
That's one of those SCPs that would be way better if they didn't go all grimdark with it. "It looks normal but it isn't AND THEN THERE IS BLOOD AND SYMBOLS AND DEATH OH NO!!!" A while back somebody posted that it would probably make more sense and be better if it was perfectly safe just weird and every iteration had its on SCP group that was sending robots through. Only after thousands of iterations poo poo just got weird. I think somebody suggested that a weird meat world would send a robot through that bled and leaked everywhere and then a few robots later a robot had a mop and a note attached to it saying "would you please clean up after yourselves?"

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

It's worth noting that the good bit was put in a year or so after the initial grimdark poo poo. I promise I'm not the same person I was in 2012!!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

You must be so proud.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Triple Elation posted:

This is worth re-quoting:

Again, I emphasize that these symbols were obviously redacted because, together, they comprised the cover art for the cognitohazardous disaster that was Led Zeppelin V.

Now, me, I'd have the symbols literally be a sign saying "[DATA EXPUNGED]." But I've never meta humor I didn't like.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

lenoon posted:

That's pretty funny even if it goes on too long. "You are a hideous cube" is great and the mushrooms being repeatedly told the other one turned down being reunited is good too.
As the shameful author of 2941, glad you liked it! :blush:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

This is now something else and it's AMAZINGLY bad!

quote:

Item #: SCP-2903

SCP-2903 is a man twenty one years of age, 7' 1" of hight, and has brown hair and green eye's. He wears a black two-peace suit and wolf mask. He is unable to feel pain and is seems indestructible. He has super human abilities and can heal within five seconds
He has finger nails that are hard, thick, and sharpened to a point. He stalks victims undetected until alone and vulnerable, at this point he ambushes his victim he uses his finger nails to cuase gashes on his victim to bleed them out or elasrate nurves. Blood test show he has an odd unidentified fluid in his blood stream. He is contained in a titanium cell reinforced with concrete. Four armed guards with armor piercing rounds have to be at his cell at all times. He was capture by FBI officials after he was seen dragging a murder victim corpse away from the crime scene. It was handed over to SCP Agents after he shown odd abilities. This is a interview with SCP-2903.

Dr. Jamerson: Hello, SCP-2903

SCP-2903: Aw, for fucks sake! This is why you dragged me out here?

Dr. Jamerson: (Clears throught) How are you today?

SCP-2903: I'm Fine, but it's non of your business!

Dr. Jamerson: How do you feel about your containment?

SCP-2903: Like it can hold me, but only for a little bit.

Dr. Jamerson: So why were you dragging a corpse away from that crime scene?

SCP-2903: To despose of it, Duh.

Dr. Jamerson: Where were you gonna put it?

SCP-2903: I was gonna burn it, and throw it in the ocean.

Dr. Jamerson: What do you think of this place?

SCP-2903: It's nice, It's high tech, it has heavy security.

Dr. Jamerson: Any thing else?

SCP-2903: Yeah, lean close.

(Dr. Jamerson leans in.)

Dr. Jamerson: Yeah?

(SCP-2903 slams Jamerson to the table.)

SCP-2903: (Laughs.) Fell for it!

Guard 1: Let him go (Grabs and tries to restrain SCP-2903)

(SCP-2903 pulls a Raging Bull revolver out of his jacket and kills guard)

Guard 1: Argh!

Guard 2: Open fire!

(Guards shoot SCP-2903.)

SCP-2903: Argh! Can't move

Guard 2: Come on! Get up! (Drags SCP-2903 out of the room back to his cell.)

Dr. Jamerson: Well, that was something…

(Recorder shuts off)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Well, that was something...

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

That's just wonderful. I've ended up going through the top rated SCPs as a nice procrastination activity - the top maybe 50 serious ones are amazing, but so so many more of the joke SCPs remain excellent all the way down.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
SCP: cuase gashes on his victim to bleed them out or elasrate nurves

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Has this been linked before?
http://scprejects.tumblr.com/

quote:

Item #: SCP-1964

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-1964 may freely roam the facility, and it’s not to be held inside an containment chamber.

Description: SCP-1964 is an woman all dressed in white clothes who appears to have no face at all. She carries an white pigeon on her left shoulder.
SCP-1964 creates an peacefull atmosphere within an area of 10 square meters around itself. It does not act hostile to any living creature and is an very helpful creature.

SCP-1964 can be used at containment breaches, keeping the escaped SCP peaceful and calm so personnel can safely return it to its containment chamber. SCP-1964 can not be harmed or killed, and is not afraid to take on an dangerous situation.

SCP-1964 appears to be really interested by people who are really angry or sad. It also appears to give anyone who is angry or sad an white rose, wich inmediatly creates an smile on the subjects face. These roses seem to be created out of possitive energy from SCP-1964.

SCP-1964 has been used for many tests, mostly with Keter classes, to observe if SCP-1964 can also make the SCP happy.

Addendum SCP-1964-A: The upcoming text is an report for an experiment in wich SCP-1964 is exposed into SCP-682 his chamber to see if it can create an peacefull feeling into its mind.

SCP-1964 is released into SCP-682 his containment chamber. SCP-682 inmideatly looks up.
SCP-682: (growls) What is this, a human?
SCP-682 immediately runs up to SCP-1964, trying to attack it when he suddenly stops running.
SCP-682: (groans) What is happening? Why can’t i control myself?
SCP-1964: (silently looking at SCP-1964)
SCP-682: Wh… (unintelligible) why am i attacking this peaceful woman? (quietly laughs a bit) Why did i kill so many people? I should be peaceful to them…
SCP-1964 slowly approaches to SCP-682 when he started talking to it.
SCP-682: (low noise) I feel so nice inside…I want to help everyone.
SCP-1964: Cometh closer, thou peaceful child.
SCP-682 walks towards SCP-1964 and lies down in front of it.
SCP-1964: (smiling)
It is said that SCP-682 fell asleep next to SCP-1964.
Shortly after that, 5 D-class personnel open the door to let SCP-1964 out.
When SCP-1964 left the chamber, SCP-682 wakes up and looks very confused.
SCP-682 however did not like this… he stated “if that [DATA EXPUNGED] ever comes near me again, i’ll personaly murder her, and the doctors afterwards.”

I think there was a page on some spinoff wiki with a bigger collection of rejected articles, but I can't find it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm just picturing an alternate universe SCP foundation that's full of all these garbage SCPs.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Has anyone done a take on the bleeding nun yet?

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

two recent -J's, one I sort of like and one I don't. What's the difference?

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-9001-j
and
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-wtf-j

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Parahexavoctal posted:

two recent -J's, one I sort of like and one I don't. What's the difference?

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-9001-j
and
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-wtf-j

One of these actually has a comedic thesis (parody of hyper-elaborate containment methods) and the writing style to pull it off. The other... doesn't.

To be fair, I kind of liked the "mean of 3 legs" bit from -9001-J, but that's about the only salvageable bit there.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Also, SCP-WTF-J has the advantage that a SCP that just keeps coming up with new bullshit containment stuff to make the Foundation's life harder is a good enough idea you could write a serious SCP about it.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Ratoslov posted:

Also, SCP-WTF-J has the advantage that a SCP that just keeps coming up with new bullshit containment stuff to make the Foundation's life harder is a good enough idea you could write a serious SCP about it.

I thought I was reading the SCP version of The Aristocrats for a bit. Has anyone done that yet?

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Ratoslov posted:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1474

"In Solidarity with Xiu Lidao, Great Sage, Equal of Heaven."

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Just got done reading 093 (Red Sea Object) - it started great and deteriorated fast about halfway through the mirror experiments. I assume these were all written by different contributors?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

Just got done reading 093 (Red Sea Object) - it started great and deteriorated fast about halfway through the mirror experiments. I assume these were all written by different contributors?
No, every part is by NekoChris.

edit: just learned that 093 is a rewrite; did not know that.

redbackground has a new favorite as of 17:37 on Feb 9, 2016

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Ratoslov posted:

It also reminds me a bit of the thunderstorm one which must be contained by a group of people with very specific attributes (e.g. blood type) going through specific motions. And some trained squirrels.

Alas, 9001-J is now deleted. Did anyone save the text? I want to see just how bad it was.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Star Signals was great from beginning to end.

redbackground posted:

No, every part is by NekoChris.

edit: just learned that 093 is a rewrite; did not know that.

I guess it suffers from that common flaw of longer creepypastas where the author decides it needs to become a mythos instead of just a creepy story.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

SerialKilldeer posted:

It also reminds me a bit of the thunderstorm one which must be contained by a group of people with very specific attributes (e.g. blood type) going through specific motions. And some trained squirrels.

I like that one. SCP-1746.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I love the bad SCP's but if you guys could keep the thread updated as to really good ones that would be great too. Or are most new ones all bad?

This chair is cute
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1609

Want to make friends with this chair.

Baronjutter has a new favorite as of 21:10 on Feb 9, 2016

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

SerialKilldeer posted:

Alas, 9001-J is now deleted. Did anyone save the text? I want to see just how bad it was.

<Moohab> I think I'm done with -Js :/
<Moohab> I can send you a link to the tab I made it in
<Moohab> But keep in mind the context
<Moohab> it was supposed to look bad, it was making fun of the typical coldpost
<Moohab> I made it like that on purpose
<me> "yes, it's horrible poo poo. But it's *ironic* horrible poo poo!"

SCP-9001, "A Coldpost" posted:

Item #: SCP-9001-J

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-9001-J is not to be allowed outside, unless it wants to. When dealing with SCP-9001-J, Foundation personnel must not look it in the eyes, but should also be well mannered. If you talk to SCP-9001-J without saying please or thank you, it will blow up in a nuclear explosion but be okay. SCP-9001-J is to be fed carrots every day except Friday. If SCP-9001-J says it wants to eat carrots, SCP-9001-J will be fed oranges instead. On Fridays, SCP-9001-J can be fed dumplings. SCP-9001-J is not to be told that he is actually a penguin under any circumstances.

Description: SCP-9001-J is a porcupine named David. SCP-9001-J has an mean of 3 legs and lazer plus electric vision eyes. David can speak English and French, but only talks to people after lunch. SCP-9001-J has a deep backstory that he keeps to himself. Researchers found on SCP-9001-J's blog that he was born from an asteroid that hit Earth. SCP-9001-J has shown to be friendly to Foundation personnel, and is allowed to cuddle or play if he's being good. In the case that SCP-9001-J doesn't eat enough carrots, he will attack Foundation personnel mercilessly. If someone says something mean to him, his eyes will roll to the back of his head before he explodes in a 1000 megaton nuclear explosion. After exploding, SCP-9001-J will request for extra carrots and will lose one of his 7 legs. During this time, SCP-9001-J will speak in German.

Personnel interacting with SCP-9001-J have described his acute intelligence. He can solve over 10 problems in math per minute, and has been reported to do all of the homework in his previous owners school in less than 30 seconds. SCP-9001-J came into the Foundation's possession after he was taken to school with his previous owner, Max. Halfway through the school day, a bully was reported to have said that SCP-9001-J 'Looked stupid and fake.' Immediately following this insult, SCP-9001-J's eyes rolled to the back of his head and a nuclear explosion killed everyone. Afterwards, SCP-9001-J was found by Foundation agents eating all the carrots in a nearby farm.

SCP-9001-J has tried to escape Foundation custody on multiple occasions. If SCP-9001-J wishes to escape, he should be allowed to until he is safely out of sight. MTF teams should then rush towards SCP-9001-J and shoot him with machine guns until he gives up. Afterwards, to prevent a nuclear meltdown SCP-9001-J is to be cuddled and given extra carrots. SCP-9001-J has claimed to Foundation personnel that he hates carrots.

Dr. Stan: Be super careful with SCP-9001-J he's a cool porcupine!

Dr. Machus: I've worked with David for two years now and he needs more carrots.

Dr. Levinson: What the hell is wrong with all of you? This doesn't even make sense!

After Dr. Levinson's review SCP-9001-J blew up with the force of a thousand suns, obliterating the facility and killing the doctor.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Parahexavoctal posted:

<Moohab> I think I'm done with -Js :/
<Moohab> I can send you a link to the tab I made it in
<Moohab> But keep in mind the context
<Moohab> it was supposed to look bad, it was making fun of the typical coldpost
<Moohab> I made it like that on purpose
<me> "yes, it's horrible poo poo. But it's *ironic* horrible poo poo!"

lol he's so zany and random u guys xd

Deified Data posted:

Star Signals was great from beginning to end.

I guess it suffers from that common flaw of longer creepypastas where the author decides it needs to become a mythos instead of just a creepy story.

I think way more than half of 093's entries were loving solid. They were increasingly lengthy adventures in creepy-land until the infodump at the end. The final entry definitely explained too much. Besides, you could already gather from the earlier entries that maaaaybe that church higher-ups weren't being totally straight about what was going on in the unclean lands and what caused some of this.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

093 was what really got me into SCP stuff. Re-reading it it's of course not as good as I remember, but it got me really hooked on anything with a sense of hosed up exploration.

Are there some other good "hosed up creepy exploration log" style SCP's out there?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sick of people whinging about "coldposts" as if they need to ask permission to post an idea, even if it's good

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

093 was what really got me into SCP stuff. Re-reading it it's of course not as good as I remember, but it got me really hooked on anything with a sense of hosed up exploration.

Are there some other good "hosed up creepy exploration log" style SCP's out there?
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1689
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2585
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-455
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-087
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-610
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-354
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1730

These are the best, sez I.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/personal-log-of-gordon-richards

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jesus christ a potato dimension this is amazing.
Also good ending, rare in an SCP. They always end with "And then everyone died and anyone who read about it had their eyes turn into fountains of demon poo poo and the whole base had to be nuked and the nukes had to be made out of children's [REDACTED]"

Baronjutter has a new favorite as of 01:36 on Feb 10, 2016

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

"We ran out of food rations today. Xander freaked out and started saying we were going to starve, until I told him he was a loving idiot."

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Cumslut1895 posted:

"We ran out of food rations today. Xander freaked out and started saying we were going to starve, until I told him he was a loving idiot."

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-504

quote:

Note: Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like loving shuriken. - Dr. Blast

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Just in case anyone missed the best SCP ever:

SCP-1425: Star Signals

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Cumslut1895 posted:

I'm sick of people whinging about "coldposts" as if they need to ask permission to post an idea, even if it's good

Yeah, the culture of "before you post an article, you need to infiltrate the darkest of the cabals of the Website Guys, then post ten drafts in triplicate in four locations/formats, then make every revision suggested to you, including scrubbing it of anything that even faintly resembles any of the 2500+ extant articles, and only then can you post it for Bright to call it lame and derivative" has really put me off of trying to write or post SCP stuff. I understand that they get flooded with lovely submissions by 12-year-olds, but the pre-posting expectations have basically turned into a containment procedure in their own right.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Also good ending, rare in an SCP. They always end with "And then everyone died and anyone who read about it had their eyes turn into fountains of demon poo poo and the whole base had to be nuked and the nukes had to be made out of children's [REDACTED]"

Fun fact: The original ending had them found dead like twenty feet from the exit. Thankfully, after getting praise for it regardless, the author went back and changed that.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I really want the Flesh That Hates guy to trickle out like one more log entry a year or so

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I want some more exploration logs where it doesn't end with "AND THEN THE CAMERA CUT OUT AND THERE WAS SCREAMING AND EVERYONE DIED TO THE SCARY MONSTER", or even just everyone dying in general. It's much more interesting to me when a log doesn't end with "but then there was no ending because everyone was killed". If you just reach a point where there's nothing left and it's unexplained, fine, just make it make internal sense, and don't murder the entire crew so you can have a body count. I actually think it's less scary when everyone dies, because then you can understand "Oh, so the spooky thing's purpose is to kill people", instead of being some sort of uncomfortable, unknowable thing.

Also less generic "disturbing" sounds like children crying or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kurui Reiten posted:

I want some more exploration logs where it doesn't end with "AND THEN THE CAMERA CUT OUT AND THERE WAS SCREAMING AND EVERYONE DIED TO THE SCARY MONSTER", or even just everyone dying in general. It's much more interesting to me when a log doesn't end with "but then there was no ending because everyone was killed". If you just reach a point where there's nothing left and it's unexplained, fine, just make it make internal sense, and don't murder the entire crew so you can have a body count. I actually think it's less scary when everyone dies, because then you can understand "Oh, so the spooky thing's purpose is to kill people", instead of being some sort of uncomfortable, unknowable thing.

Also less generic "disturbing" sounds like children crying or something.

This is the best exploration log ever written.