Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

Hey NGO what about your flavor implies an SK?

am I allowed to quote flavor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 4

Hal Incandenza (4): Deadbeat Dad, t a s t e, Deadbeat Dad, SolusLunes, Spoonsy, Deadbeat Dad
Deadbeat Dad (3): Hal Incandenza, merk, Sub Rosa
Sandwolf (1): Amnistar
SolusLunes (1): DGK2000
Spoonsy (1): Sandwolf
t a s t e (1): Sub Rosa, Amnistar, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Amnistar, Sub Rosa
DGK2000 (0): SolusLunes, SolusLunes

Not Voting (1): hambeet

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 17th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

I don't wanna vote hal because dbd and taste also voted for him

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

am I allowed to quote flavor?

In short, it describes literally an assassin trying to kill me (and failing :smug:)

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## vote dead beat dad if taste is nogo

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

holy poo poo we have two days what's the rush

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

DGK2000 posted:

I have a night action that I have claimed

We’ve already addressed you lying op

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

holy poo poo we have two days what's the rush

Unvote then

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

## vote dead beat dad if taste is nogo

I don't think this vote counts on me because nobody has done that with my name before.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Acting all bewildered and throwing around votes isn’t necessary and you’ve recognized it, be better

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##unvote Hal I feel better about him the last few posts.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##unvote Hal I feel better about him the last few posts.

Lmao why

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You people are going to give me an aneurysm

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Reasons

Also why would scum/3P fakeclaim a 2nd JOAT when one has claimed already? In a game with strange roles just saying "I'm a second JOAT" and expecting people to buy it is the complete opposite of what I expect someone like Hal to do who's played in a shitload of mafia games here and knows a thing or two

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Reasons

Also why would scum/3P fakeclaim a 2nd JOAT when one has claimed already? In a game with strange roles just saying "I'm a second JOAT" and expecting people to buy it is the complete opposite of what I expect someone like Hal to do who's played in a shitload of mafia games here and knows a thing or two

For this very reaction

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

It's either you believe I visited Tokes and Solus (both who I confirmed their roles as vanilla when I thought each were a power role) or I did actually visit Jen X and killed her as my scumbuddy. There's no other real viable options beside that, or at least options that don't require a huge stretch of the imagination. When you compare that with someone who claimed a second JOAT that's on an Ecco Cop list who saw me go NOWHERE (which, again, I'd be fine with if I was scum), none of it makes sense to want me over much scummier looking people today.

I think you have a lot of sense for mafia theorycrafting and ask the right questions but your hunch is straight up wrong here.

I think Spoonsy was telling the truth about about who visited Jen X. I don't think pera killed Jen X. I'm backing off of taste for now, which leaves you as the killer. Maybe you are an SK. Maybe you are a death-miller-janitor. I look forward to seeing your flip for sure. But I don't think your flip will say Night Witch. I don't believe there is a bus driver or redirector. I don't think your roll is what you claim it is. My night time flavor has also mentioned the person I've visited. Plenty of reasons for scum to have not gone anywhere last night. Could be that you weren't the one doing the night kill and you decided not to doctor the flip.

I think you are scum, and I think we gain more information from your flip than if we guess correctly from the eccocop.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

t a s t e posted:

You people are going to give me an aneurysm

I think your play is loving garbage and the best you can do is snipe at people

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

DGK2000 posted:

I think your play is loving garbage and the best you can do is snipe at people

If you didn’t play like you were *currently* undergoing an aneurysm I might care what you think

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

t a s t e posted:

I’m trying to be nice and less aggro this game
This is a lie. Lunch all liars?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

This is a lie. Lunch all liars?

Trying hard, but I’m not going to let insults go unanswered

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

But you still don't answer why I would kill Jen X as a scumbuddy if you DON'T think I was re-directed.

My whole rant on death millers was legit, and it was originally pointed out by Sand/Huma/yuming etc bringing it up and I thought about my own role and about how I would've gotten "Goon" instead of "Vanilla" where at the end I accepted that yeah, those can be the same thing but the fact that Tokes, the person who I submitted, was vanilla when I thought they had a clear power role made me re-think and doubt a lot of the poo poo that happened D1 or where I actually was, which I'm still not clear about.

I don’t care about night action bingo. How many times do I have to say this?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jokes aside, night results are muddying the water too severely here. We have no sense of what’s reliable and what’s speculative, up to and including the Ecco cop. I’ll even concede that my results can’t be treated as gospel if you suspect me

Underneath that, though, Hal’s posting (and previous lack thereof) have been scummy from the start. This recent claim while under suspicion doesn’t change that, and in fact amplifies his behavior.

I said from the start that I’d least like him to be scum and here it is come to pass

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

Then sign up for a vanilla game. I don't know what to tell you.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

Lol timing.

I think you’re wrong, and that Hal is a better vote even without the haze of results, but I respect your method

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

In short, it describes literally an assassin trying to kill me (and failing :smug:)

A Drekavac tried and failed to kill me in my initial flavor, but that doesn't mean I think someone in the game is one.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
It's just real annoying for merk to say that 20 times along with "make cases" when he doesn't do the same. Sandwolf called him out for that

And then Sub Rosa tying me to being SK AND SCUM who MAY be a death miller janitor on a Jen X who flipped Cabal who had burning flavor text from pera who flipped a 3P and still be accused of either being scum WITH Jen X (which makes no sense) or a SECOND SK who has not had any signature kills this game. Like seriously, what the gently caress.

Then there's the me submitting Tokes name N1 and being seen at Jen's, Hal seeing me go nowhere last night, NGO saying an assassin visited them, a roleblock that Spoonsy claimed happened yesterday that nobody claimed happened today (which nobody is talking about)?

Like, there's just so much poo poo this game that is going unaccounted for but people are being led around the nose by other people who refuse to think critically or talk about things.

If you don't want me to theorize night action bingo, then explain certain results to me and get back to me when its' figured out instead of chastising me for defending myself against theories that are asinine and require 10x more blind faith than simply believing someone can re-direct people.

I'm saying there's a re-director that is mucking results and somehow THAT is crazy talk but all of this other poo poo is really probable? Stop it. If anything I'm trying to simplify things with what I think is going on.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
It's either Spoonsy is lying or not and we lunch one of the 3 Ecco Cop people. I've welcomed people to cop/track/watch whatever me in the past but maybe that's a bad idea if it's told I'm going nowhere or if anything related to night actions isn't reliable in the slightest.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

It's either Spoonsy is lying or not and we lunch one of the 3 Ecco Cop people. I've welcomed people to cop/track/watch whatever me in the past but maybe that's a bad idea if it's told I'm going nowhere or if anything related to night actions isn't reliable in the slightest.

If anything the utter refusal to follow spoonsy’s cop claim while pursuing dbd based heavily on spoonsy’s watch claim makes me think some of the votes currently on dbd are... insincere

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
And not trying to be rude or personal Rosa (nothing I say should be to anyone), just general frustration. In particular this day but I also always passionately defend myself as town so. :sun:

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I believe the eccocop as well, but I think to start untangling this mess of a game, I want to know who killed Jen X and their alignment. I think that flipping the scum that killed Jen X gives us more important information than if we guess correctly out of the eccocop results. I've already tried to get taste lunched for this info, couldn't get it done, and at this point I'm backing off thinking that taste is scum instead of just being someone I will never ever play a game with ever again.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
I've been waiting for someone to claim the roleblock on me last night but nobody has. That's where it went, DBD. Which is why I asked ngo if he lost his BP, because I was curious if they tried a block and kill. With a roleblock out there with the nk, I absolutely just don't see a town cop getting results.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

And not trying to be rude or personal Rosa (nothing I say should be to anyone), just general frustration.
No it's okay, you aren't pulling a taste.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

I believe the eccocop as well, but I think to start untangling this mess of a game, I want to know who killed Jen X and their alignment. I think that flipping the scum that killed Jen X gives us more important information than if we guess correctly out of the eccocop results. I've already tried to get taste lunched for this info, couldn't get it done, and at this point I'm backing off thinking that taste is scum instead of just being someone I will never ever play a game with ever again.

If we take spoonsy’s claim at face value, we still don’t *know* that scum killed Jen x. We don’t have enough of the board to know what exactly that team is working with or what might have transpired with potential wildcards

Conversely we do know that at least one of the three people in the Ecco cop is a good lynch, and Hal’s scrambling response to it makes me think it’s supremely likely that’s him

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sub Rosa posted:

I also have explicitly welcomed the scenario you presented saying I would be down with Spoonsy or taste in the past (and even voting Spoonsy) knowing that if I did get re-directed there, it wasn't me who killed Jen. It seems other people aren't really willing to test it for some reason. If anything, people being so adamant about throwing me to the wolves should tell you something.

I just think today in particular with what Spoonsy shared that it HAS to be addressed. I do disagree with the bolded in that if we did guess correctly with Spoonsy, that is catching a scum 100% compared to the theory that pera didn't kill, which we cannot confirm. I'm just not as confident in it as you are but I am not throwing out the possibility of it being true. But in no scenario is it ever better to lose (potential) town for information over 100% scum unless somehow voting out the town explicitly leads to 2-3 scum right after.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

t a s t e posted:

If we take spoonsy’s claim at face value, we still don’t *know* that scum killed Jen x.
Wasn't the NK masonry. Body wasn't burnt / doubtful arsonist can kill N1 so not pera. So who? Town Vig that still hasn't claimed?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

DGK2000 posted:

I've been waiting for someone to claim the roleblock on me last night but nobody has. That's where it went, DBD. Which is why I asked ngo if he lost his BP, because I was curious if they tried a block and kill. With a roleblock out there with the nk, I absolutely just don't see a town cop getting results.

So Spoonsy wasn't lying about a roleblock yesterday then. Did we ever confirm where it went D1?

This lends me to believe Spoonsy more today.

Going from 2 kills yesterday to 0 today is not insignificant.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

But in no scenario is it ever better to lose (potential) town for information over 100% scum unless somehow voting out the town explicitly leads to 2-3 scum right after.
It was an eccocop, we don't have 100% scum, we have a pick em. Possible 1/3 chance. Maybe 2/3. I mean I could see merk or Hal flipping scum. Feel okay about hambeet at this point, and actually Solus picking hambeet also makes me feel pretty good about Solus.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

##unvote

We have time and DBD's reaction does feel like genuine town frustration to me.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

So Spoonsy wasn't lying about a roleblock yesterday then. Did we ever confirm where it went D1?

This lends me to believe Spoonsy more today.

Going from 2 kills yesterday to 0 today is not insignificant.

It was also me n1, as I claimed d2

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sub Rosa posted:

Wasn't the NK masonry. Body wasn't burnt / doubtful arsonist can kill N1 so not pera. So who? Town Vig that still hasn't claimed?

"VI. death millers?
X. if you read into flavor that's your own damage. i'm not responsible if you throw the game chasing after my inconsistent flavor.
honestly this game is fairly crazy."

These three things in particular have been the bane of my existence this game but I feel I'm at least trying to make logical guesses of what has happened this game unlike a lot of people. Like, if pera doesn't flip "Arsonist" then everybody is on board with re-visiting it, it's just not guaranteed. I'm not against the theory at all, just when matching it up against other things that have happened today I feel less likely to keep that as the thing I want to look at the most.

Sub Rosa posted:

It was an eccocop, we don't have 100% scum, we have a pick em. Possible 1/3 chance. Maybe 2/3. I mean I could see merk or Hal flipping scum. Feel okay about hambeet at this point, and actually Solus picking hambeet also makes me feel pretty good about Solus.

A 33% chance assuming Spoonsy's info correct is not bad considering the state of the game we're in. You're correct though in it could be 2/3 as well since Ecco Cops aren't specific about the amount, right? Like it could be 3/3 technically even though that would be a miracle obviously.

I agree about Hal and merk as well. Hal's posting has made me feel better but I'm WIFOMing in my head the reasons why he would claim that, and maybe me feeling weird about that is the reason for the claim as taste said. I don't know yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

DGK2000 posted:

It was also me n1, as I claimed d2

Right, I read that at some point but forgot.

So roleblock targets:

N1: DGK
N2: Spoonsy
N3: DGK

---------

Kill targets:

N1: Jen X flips Cabal
N2: Huma flips Night Witch (Cabal kill?), yuming flips Night Witch (Masonry kill)
N3: No deaths

-----------

This is where I doubt there's another third party out there (maybe a survivor or something) but 3 killing roles (Cabal/Masonry/Arsonist) PLUS an SK seems like a lot for how little kills we've seen.