Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

C-Euro posted:

We will have better presidents, and we will definitely have worse presidents, but we will never have a funnier president than Donald J Trump.

Never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Abugadu posted:

I rack up some ridiculous comp time going from Guam to the east coast for a conference, as the clock starts from an hour before I walk out my door until I get to the hotel. The average flight span from when I get on a plane here is like 22 hours, and that's with the minimum layover margin. My comp time for this year will exceed my annual leave accrued.

One thing I have been frustrated by is our travel policy, not because it’s necessarily bad but because our companies in the US and Europe get business class on long flights and we don’t. Considering I’m a tall dude and flights are rough as-is, it’s not much fun.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Tulalip Tulips posted:

It's the same here, you get OT for travel and when you're actively working or with a client. The coworker going to Connecticut was doing it on weekends since that was when thpse visits could be accommodated so wracked up OT since she also had to do her Mon-Fri 8-5 too since we're short staffed. I got took a 3 week vacation 5 years ago using only comp time in part due to travel time OT when I got assigned to help out in a office that was outside my normal commute.
When my mom retired from being a public school teacher in NC, she had over a year of annual leave built up. Enough to get her up to a higher bracket in retirement. This policy has since been changed to only allow up to 30 days of leave to be accrued.

Also back when she retired she did the double dipping and got her retirement pay along with regular pay, but just for one year. Then she took a well deserved year off. Then she went to work at a children's museum and worked with the Guardian ad Litem program. Which I believe you know about.

She's a saint.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Saying we'll have a worse president than Trump is a bold statement

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

kiimo posted:

I mean, I think we already have.

Trump is probably the worst human to be President, but as far as the damage done to the country, I'd put Reagan and Dubya ahead of him

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kiimo posted:

I mean, people used to think saying we'd have a worse president than Nixon was a be a bold statement, and I can make arguments for Reagan and Bush JR (and Trump) all being worse.

I'm also not sure Trump was a worse president than Nixon, or Reagan or Bush Jr.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Reagan caused way more lasting damage than Trump <waves arms at almost every problem in the US>. Trump was by far the least suited/qualified for the job though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

You have a worse president right now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BlindSite posted:

this I have to hear

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BlindSite posted:

State your case, counselor

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

I loving hate Biden, but he's definitely not worse than a second term of Trump.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I don't know if I'd say "worse" but the deportation program :trumppop: ran on is still happening. It's just not being touted.

Then again Obama was nicknamed "The Deporter-In-Chief" sooooo

Dems are marginally better at not saying the quiet parts out loud anymore compared to Republicans.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
No president will ever be worse than Andrew Johnson.

Woodrow Wilson is close though

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

I don't know if I'd say "worse" but the deportation program :trumppop: ran on is still happening. It's just not being touted.

Then again Obama was nicknamed "The Deporter-In-Chief" sooooo

Dems are marginally better at not saying the quiet parts out loud anymore compared to Republicans.

I mean, the list of presidents I'd call "good" is a very short list, and our two best committed what would now be called war crimes if any other country did it. So yeah, Biden is a loving piece of poo poo, but he's got a lot of company.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It's probably not too hard to make the argument that Trump's such a bad person it made him a little ineffective at being the worst president.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Air Skwirl posted:

I mean, the list of presidents I'd call "good" is a very short list, and our two best committed what would now be called war crimes if any other country did it. So yeah, Biden is a loving piece of poo poo, but he's got a lot of company.

Sometimes you gotta do what's necessary. If that means freeing slaves and giving them freedom, then so be it. On the other hand, I agree, interning the Japanese was Bad.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

lol get the gently caress outta here

Biden sucks a staggering amount of poo poo (and frankly I kind of hate him), but Trump was significantly worse.

I suppose there's an edgelord case to be made about Trump being honest about loving you over, but that poo poo won't fly here.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

bobjr posted:

It's probably not too hard to make the argument that Trump's such a bad person it made him a little ineffective at being the worst president.

Yeah pretty much. Like I have a real hard time seeing him as even a worse president then Bush 2.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

BlindSite posted:

I assume you're talking about Crime Lord Joe Biden of the Biden Crime Family, a dastardly Crime Entity that has committed many known crimes so well executed despite the Crime Lord's Obvious Senility that despite how heinous and grotesque the crimes obviously are the crimes are invisible to decades worth of investigations (due to corruption, surely)

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Kalli posted:

Yeah pretty much. Like I have a real hard time seeing him as even a worse president then Bush 2.

I agree with this.

Trump doesn't hold a candle to Reagan or W.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

a neat cape posted:

No president will ever be worse than Andrew Johnson.

Woodrow Wilson is close though

James Buchanan was corrupt as gently caress and made the Civil War inevitable, so he's gotta be up there too.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The best presidents were those in the 90s, Thomas Whitmore and James Marshall :patriot:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

I agree with this.

Trump doesn't hold a candle to Reagan or W.

I think it’s too early to say on Trump. He didn’t get much passed, but his Supreme Court appointments and his actions after losing the election may lead to some really awful long term consequences. W we could tell was bad from the start, but I think it took a while for a lot of people to realize how terrible Reagan’s policies were.

Trump did try to overthrow an election too. That earns a lot of points in the bad column.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Anyone got a good sesame seed oil and Asian chili sauce rec?

Kids are on a stir fry kick and if I can get them to fill up on veg and rice it’s a win. The chili sauce is for me, do a marinaded chicken breast a day for lunch, my carne asada is getting kinda old, even tho I love it

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 2, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a sexual elk posted:

Anyone got a good sesame seed oil and Asian chili sauce rec?

To cook with or to make a sauce?

If you have chili paste you can do a tbsp sesame oil, 1/4 cup paste, garlic, green onion, pepper, soy sauce for gochujang dipping sauce

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Sometimes you gotta do what's necessary. If that means freeing slaves and giving them freedom, then so be it. On the other hand, I agree, interning the Japanese was Bad.

Freeing the slaves was great and not a war crime, Lincoln also suspended habeas corpus, and he had to be involved in the decision making that resulted in what Sherman did to Atlanta.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

BlindSite posted:

yeah we're not accepting judgement from anyone responsible for this, thanks

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

To cook with or to make a sauce?

If you have chili paste you can do a tbsp sesame oil, 1/4 cup paste, garlic, green onion, pepper, soy sauce for gochujang dipping sauce

Just an on hand jar I can have in the fridge ready to go for whatever.

I’ve been meaning to get a food processor for my marinades all that stuff. Just finally got around to making salsa with crap laying around while baked. Just a “well no poo poo salsa is easy to make” moment, why aren’t I doing this with everything.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

….and a stand mixer/grinder….and a panini press……..maybe a waffle maker

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GD_American posted:

yeah we're not accepting judgement from anyone responsible for this, thanks

Don't be jealous of a dude in his 60s in better shape than you were in your 20s.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

saintonan posted:

James Buchanan was corrupt as gently caress and made the Civil War inevitable, so he's gotta be up there too.

Buchanan is def bottom 2, down there with Andrew Jackson or maybe Reagan.

I do agree with Bird in a Blender that it's still probably too early to tell what the damage will be from Trump long-term; hell, it's still possible that he becomes President again. But his floor is probably bottom 10

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

If we're bringing up Australian heads of state and their swimming, how do you not go to Harold Holt straight away?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

If we're bringing up Australian heads of state and their swimming, how do you not go to Harold Holt straight away?

He was kidnapped by a Chinese submarine. Not his fault.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

BlindSite posted:

Don't be jealous of a dude in his 60s in better shape than you were in your 20s.

I'm jealous your country gets conservatives that look exactly as paleolithic as their beliefs

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

He was kidnapped by a Chinese submarine. Not his fault.

I assumed it was the CIA.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao i appreciate blindsides hit n run approach to trolling the thread

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pain of Mind posted:

Reagan caused way more lasting damage than Trump <waves arms at almost every problem in the US>. Trump was by far the least suited/qualified for the job though.

Nixon straight up ruined a peace agreement to end the Vietnam war to ruin LBJ's re-election prospects.

And LBJ is both a piece of poo poo and pushed through the Civil Rights legistlation which was undone by Trump and McConnell so.... they all poo poo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GD_American posted:

I'm jealous your country gets conservatives that look exactly as paleolithic as their beliefs

I've seen what makes your country's people cheer in a leader.

You should be jealous.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Nixon straight up ruined a peace agreement to end the Vietnam war to ruin LBJ's re-election prospects.

And LBJ is both a piece of poo poo and pushed through the Civil Rights legistlation which was undone by Trump and McConnell so.... they all poo poo

LBJ probably could have won in 1968 if he hadn't dropped out and then possibly tried to somewhat fix his mistakes of the past 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

Bush 2 got his policies enacted. Trump, at best, got a tax cut enacted for the wealthy. So did Bush 2.

I dunno, it's like Bush 2 directed the Iraq war, but Trump hosed over the Kurds in Northern Iraq and the US troops working with them by sending out a tweet* to say "WE ARE LEAVING THE KURDS"

*because it was the last thing he heard on Hannity.

Bush 2 was directed horribleness, Trump was chaotic narcissistic horribleness.