Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

History Comes Inside! posted:

Some (lovely) ISPs who deal in modem/router combos are control Nazis and won’t let you do anything except connect devices to the hardware.

You’ll be stuck with the default SSID, and have to go read the long rear end alphanumeric password off the sticker every time you need it.

This is what Google tells me from other customers. They all say that they cannot access the router unless they call up and get them to do it. They are super lovely and the customer service guy clearly couldn't be bothered to help me, so he just said 'doesn't support'. I live in Bulgaria and don't speak the language so I don't really get too far. Have tried everything from the sticker. So, 2.4 for me it is!

Also, quite cool that Control is on PS+ in feb, I did want to play it at some point. RIP to those who bought it to access the next-gen version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Firstborn posted:

What about the free ps4 games? Surely you can at least play Monster Hunter with Gruncle Corn and first cousin Corn

I grabbed Monster Hunter World for free and uhhhhh... It's hard to believe this game came out in 2017. It feels like a game from 2010 in both graphics and gameplay.

Glad it was free but i cannot figure out the hype.

The movie was good I guess

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Firstborn posted:

What about the free ps4 games? Surely you can at least play Monster Hunter with Gruncle Corn and first cousin Corn

Yeah I might check out monster hunter.... maybe persona 5 too. At least it wont cost me anything to see if it's over my anime threshold or not

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you have an anime threshold don't even bother

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Persona 5 also takes like 85 hours to beat the main story, be aware before you get into it

acems
May 8, 2019

i started days gone. there's something kind of comforting about mediocre games and the framerate is pretty smooth. can't imagine paying for it though. that ps collection thing is such a steal.

are they ever gonna take the ps collection down? given supply issues it seems real hosed up to ever do that.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I bought and beat Control on PS4 but it ran like rear end, hopefully the PS5 version can hold a stable framerate above 10fps!

Maybe I don't play enough JRPGs but Persona 5 is like 90% cutscenes or dialog. Might be fine if you want to turn your brain off but I haven't been able to get into it although my anime threshold is also low.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

smoobles posted:

I grabbed Monster Hunter World for free and uhhhhh... It's hard to believe this game came out in 2017. It feels like a game from 2010 in both graphics and gameplay.

What game were you playing in 2010 that looked even remotely close to monster hunter

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Red Warrior posted:

There are going to be people who bought Control when it first came out, bought the DLC, then when all the 'oh we're only going to be updating the new ultimate edition for next-gen' crap happened gritted their teeth and bought that.

Glad I stayed salty.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I actually really like jrpgs but my tolerance for anime is pretty low. It's a sad state of affairs :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Very cool that Control Ultimate Edition is free.

Very uncool that I spent $20 on it a couple months ago waiting for the PS5 version.

drat jokes on me too lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Monster Hunter World is one of the top 5-10 more impressive looking games from the PS4/Xbox One era. That 2010 claim seems insane to me.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Anybody else having issues with laggy controls on Cyber Shadow on PS5 hardware. (Controls lag with both PS4 and PS5 version of the game on the PS5)?

But it's perfectly smooth when playing on the PS4 hardware?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

fridge corn posted:

I actually really like jrpgs but my tolerance for anime is pretty low. It's a sad state of affairs :(

I'm playing CrossCode right now and it's really good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

smoobles posted:

lol. in every way lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

There hasnt been a single ps+ game I wanted to play or havent played already since i first subbed up four months ago :(

what about bugsnax?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

lol. in every way lol

Thinking about 2010 games and we have.... Fallout: New Vegas.

:lol:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mass Effect 2 still looks really drat good on PC.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That's a really good month. Thanks Sony!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Super No Vacancy posted:

drat jokes on me too lol

Yeah, its really kinda like the games earliest supporters just keep getting poo poo on with every decision, it's very frustrating. I wanna support Remedy because they made a game I really love but 505 productions is just high grit sandpaper right on my balls.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
red dead 1 came out in 2010 and still looks pretty good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
sorry. red dead 2

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Detective No. 27 posted:

Very uncool that I spent $20 on it a couple months ago waiting for the PS5 version.

They refunded Maneater if you bought it for PS5, so fingers crossed that it’s a normal thing going forward.

Cacator posted:

I bought and beat Control on PS4 but it ran like rear end, hopefully the PS5 version can hold a stable framerate above 10fps!

The PS4 version on PS5 is already stable at 30 even when crazy poo poo’s going down, the PS5 port gets a choice of 60fps or 30/ray tracing. :science:

Kinda hope they take a lesson from the Spider-Mans and add a 1080/60/RT option too.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 27, 2021

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

what about bugsnax?

I had already bought it for ps4 since I didn't have a ps5 yet when it came out :D

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What is concrete genie

acems
May 8, 2019

exquisite tea posted:

Mass Effect 2 still looks really drat good on PC.

speaking of mass effect its kind of weird that Andromeda isn't backwards compatible

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I guess they had used up all of their backwardsness already.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Maybe my settings are hosed but Monster Hunter looks like poo poo, idk man

everything clips through everything else and the animations are all awful

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

henpod posted:

This is what Google tells me from other customers. They all say that they cannot access the router unless they call up and get them to do it. They are super lovely and the customer service guy clearly couldn't be bothered to help me, so he just said 'doesn't support'. I live in Bulgaria and don't speak the language so I don't really get too far. Have tried everything from the sticker. So, 2.4 for me it is!

This may not be worth it for your specific case but it's worth thinking about setting up your own router independently (basically the only think hooked up to the ISP router is this router and it handles your wireless and whatever else you can bypass from the ISP's router).

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

univbee posted:

This may not be worth it for your specific case but it's worth thinking about setting up your own router independently (basically the only think hooked up to the ISP router is this router and it handles your wireless and whatever else you can bypass from the ISP's router).

Sounds like a solution...but I probably won't bother getting a new router just to play remote ps5 once in a while. Everything else seems to stream and download well enough. I'm gonna keep hassling the ISP to give me access to my router settings though. I just want to tell them that their customer service guy was being lazy and didn't want to help.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

What's the deal with Control? The trailer doesn't make it look all that interesting.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Detective No. 27 posted:

Same, bro. it's sitting on my 'to be played' shelf, still in the shrink wrap.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I've downloaded monster hunter world and persona 5. Cant wait to fill up my trophy list with 2% completion games

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

bradzilla posted:

What's the deal with Control? The trailer doesn't make it look all that interesting.

It's a really well polished third person shooter made by Remedy with an SCP gimmick. It doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything but if you like spooky monsters, brutalism, and women with powers throwing rocks then it's good for Free.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

fridge corn posted:

I've downloaded monster hunter world and persona 5. Cant wait to fill up my trophy list with 2% completion games

:hmmyes:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

More of an atrophy list at that point.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Monster Hunter World is a very good-looking game and anyone who says it looks like a 2010 game must have something wrong with their eyes, but the gameplay is absolutely very niche and based on combat system that is very specific and traditional to the franchise and used by basically nothing else. It's not the easiest kind of thing to get into and I struggled with it a lot myself. Once you manage to make it click, though, it's very smooth and engaging.

acems
May 8, 2019

i'm still salty about the dualsense being unsupported on iOS. my dad got me a phone holder attachment for it and i just wanna remote play in the kitchen or whatever

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Destruction Allstars looks fine. The state of play video they put up gives me hope with regards to the disposable vehicles and the various modes. Still not sold on the character design, but I guess it's what the kids want. As long as it's pretty quick to jump in and play a match, I can see it doing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Firstborn posted:

I missed out Factions and it's one of those dead multiplayer games/modes that I feel a tremendous sense of FOMO from.

It's not dead at all. I got back into it again for a bit recently and you can still find full games just fine. Now, whether or not you want to get into a multiplayer game that people have been playing for 8 years is another question.