Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

There's no space in the fridge to put this steaming hot cup of tea, so I have to wait an extra ten minutes to drink it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I got my Droid Incredible power button fixed :unsmith:

However, my mother lost her adapter to her iPod so now she can't download music onto it and she blames me :smith:

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
I put too much half & half in my coffee so the last couple of sips was mostly cold coffee and half & half.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Oh Hell No posted:

There's no space in the fridge to put this steaming hot cup of tea, so I have to wait an extra ten minutes to drink it.

Jesus if I even thought about doing that I'd have to deal with hysterical cries of "DON'T PUT ANYTHING WARM IN THE FRIDGE IT'LL BREAK IT!!!!". That's my first world problem, right there.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
My girlfriend and I work downtown Dallas so we carpool. If we didn't carpool I could leave an hour and a half earlier than her because my job doesn't care but the parking garage at work has super tight spaces and I don't like parking my truck in them.

She makes more money than me and is also working on her masters and CPA so after she drops me off at the house after work to head to UTA at night I am bored at home with my dog.

I need to go get groceries and gas from Costco but I have been putting it off because gas is getting cheaper every day. I would also rather play video games.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

Aristurtle Records posted:

I have a pixie haircut, but I have a wave in my hair by my left temple and sometimes it looks stupid :(

Me every morning.

When I got my new laptop, I also got the $100 printer with rebate. The printer doesn't connect to my laptop because it's too up to date. At least I am getting the rebate in a few weeks :unsmith:

Sometimes when I type things, I am always worried someone will think English is my second language because I use the wrong terms and phrases.

Another thing: I really want to do a study abroad program in England I am worried I'd be better off just vacationing there myself.

Ugh final thing: My boyfriend is more interested in getting a Portal friendship necklace with his friend than with me.

Egoist has a new favorite as of 18:27 on Sep 20, 2011

blaarghh
Nov 28, 2007

Can't ever find trousers that fit my short legs :( Unless I go somewhere specially for short people where they're really expensive.
My train was late which meant I got home later than normal and missed Come Dine With Me AND Coach Trip. Noooo!
My hair always ends up poofy and curly at the end of the day even if I straightened it the same morning.

:( :( :(

Edit: Spent ten minutes trying to decide what dish to order from the Chinese takeaway. "But but but what if I change my mind by the time it arrives?!" It's so difficult to order from a menu.

blaarghh has a new favorite as of 18:36 on Sep 20, 2011

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.
My cell phone sucks, the buttons are too small. Also, typing things on my ipod loving sucks.

Spaticus has a new favorite as of 21:52 on Sep 20, 2011

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
I see really bad game design ideas and get really pissed at them because it takes common sense and an extra bit of work to make them not poo poo, but the company didn't.

Like the radial start menu in Dragon Age 2. It's clunky and unevenly distributed, unlike their other radial menu. Why do Map, Inventory, and Journal all get a similarly sized (tiny) bit of room to select them, but Character and Exit Game get a whole damned direction devoted to them?

It's better than the Assassin's Creed radial menu, at least, which would rather kill and traumatize your whole family three more times than let you select an item located on the diagonals. :argh:

Jenova Project
Aug 5, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Sometimes when I post on Something Awful dot com sperglords buy me custom titles that aren't even true because I tripped their Sperg Limit Break and that sort of insult simply will not stand.

my feelings are hurt by cyberbullies

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
My decking's being replaced and the mean old builders woke me up with their hammers.

Jenova Project
Aug 5, 2007

by Fistgrrl
One time this guy spoiled a TV show and then I knew what happened in a TV show and it ruined my year.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Demon's Souls is hard.

I have to unplug my 24" monitor's DVI cable and plug it into an adapter from HDMI to use my PS3, because the 360 uses the other good connector.

I have the original Android phone.

My FWB has a boyfriend.

My Bluetooth headset doesn't have the fancy voice alerts and sensors of the revised model.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Some guy is being passive aggressive in the First World Problems thread and completely ruining the mood.

ornery bean
Nov 7, 2010

Jenova Project posted:

Sometimes when I post on Something Awful dot com sperglords buy me custom titles that aren't even true because I tripped their Sperg Limit Break and that sort of insult simply will not stand.

Ew go away with this crap.

I ate my sandwich too fast and now I keep almost-gagging as the boulder of a bite slowly falls down my esophagus.

I'm almost out of whole grain bread and will have to resort to some gross knock off.

I have to read 4 whole chapters for my Psych test Thursday. Oh, the horror!!!

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
It really bothers me when, while using Google Chrome, if you get a message in facebook or gmail which causes the tab to flash an indication, if you switch over to that tab while the notification is "active" the tab title will permanently change to that until you reload the window or get another message. :negative:

nas1234567890
Sep 18, 2011
I'm sick today and didn't go to school I'm betting I'll go back and I'll get a ton of homework

Johnny Digital
Apr 29, 2008

kreyla posted:

The power button doesn't work on my TV remote, so I have to get up from the couch to turn the TV on.

I can't get the Sky remote to sync with my TV so I have to use the TV remote to adjust the volume and turn it off. Seriously, don't these people know how annoying it is using two remotes?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I have to use FOUR remotes. TV, cable box, speakers, and DVD player :negative:

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.
I can't decide whether I should read The Magic Mountain or Cloud Atlas first.

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can

ornery bean posted:

I ate my sandwich too fast and now I keep almost-gagging as the boulder of a bite slowly falls down my esophagus.

Awww MAN that is seriously the worst

The next two times I'm at work (sorta fancy party venue) I'm going to be alone in charge of the guests, so I'll be bored and not have anyone to make fun of said guests with

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Jenova Project posted:

I shake my head and sigh whenever I see you're still pulling this sperglord stuff and I can't stop thinking about how annoying it is for several minutes.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I made a pot of delicious french press coffee while at home visiting my Mom, but she brought home an iced dunkin donuts coffee, so I felt obliged to drink that instead of mine.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I'm going out with friends to eat tonight and we're voting on Ruby Tuesday's or Outback and I'm like, "ugh, they just serve huge chunks of steak they're so boring."

reflir posted:

Cloud Atlas is pretty good you should read it first.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
I left my microfiber cloth at home today, and I smudged my glasses. I could use a kleenex to clean them, but they leave tiny fibers on the lens.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Jenova Project posted:

Because proving their point is the best way to solve this. :downsbravo:

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
I get really funny about matching my novelty day-of-the-week socks to the actual day of the week, and I can't find my other Wednesday sock for work tomorrow.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
My feather pillows are getting worn so they're flat and annoying and I'll have to go buy new ones. :(

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I accidentally installed a 32 bit version of Windows 7 instead of 64. I'll just live with it until 8 is released :negative:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Trying to decide between just selling my iPad when the new one comes out or just give it to my parents. Dad loves his new iPhone and I'm worried that if he gets an iPad he won't touch his desktop again.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
I can't download the nba2k12 demo and play street fighter 3 online at the same time on xbox live. Pending? gently caress outta here Micro$oft!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

I see really bad game design ideas and get really pissed at them because it takes common sense and an extra bit of work to make them not poo poo, but the company didn't.

Like the radial start menu in Dragon Age 2. It's clunky and unevenly distributed, unlike their other radial menu. Why do Map, Inventory, and Journal all get a similarly sized (tiny) bit of room to select them, but Character and Exit Game get a whole damned direction devoted to them?

It's better than the Assassin's Creed radial menu, at least, which would rather kill and traumatize your whole family three more times than let you select an item located on the diagonals. :argh:

And I'm sad because I haven't had enough spare time to play Dragon Age 2: Legacy with all the possible companion combinations, so I haven't heard all the banters yet. I heard some of them are really funny :(.

Chocolate Chips
Jan 27, 2007

Chocolatey goodness.
I hate how when I open a new tab and click on the Home button too fast, it loads the home page on the previous tab and takes me away from the page I was originally looking at. :argh:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I hate how when I'm watching TV on the couch I get really tired, but when I stand up to go to bed I'm not anymore.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

This thread is getting really long and I had to spend like 10 minutes reading it to catch up.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
Capcom stopped releasing Monster Hunter games outside Japan and now I have to just play the ones they already localized.

I tried to message a girl on Facebook but she logged off.

I left a banana on the bed and it attracted a fruit fly.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I think the chemicals I work with at my job are starting to adversely affect my health.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
there's only one beer left in the fridge... poo poo though, that's a problem for any man, be he rich, poor, starving, fed, white, or black.

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
My ear is still clogged from my plane ride home from a week vacation in Hawaii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

reflir posted:

Cloud Atlas is basically very fancy genre fiction. It's beautifully written and also riveting and fun. (It's only shelved in general fiction and not sci fi/fantasy because Mitchell is A Serious Booker Prize-Nominated Author and sci fi/fantasy is Not A Serious Genre. See also Atwood, Margaret, Oryx and Crake and Year of the Flood. Waaaaah, nobody thinks my swords and spaceships are important.)

Nobody has ever read The Magic Mountain.

spite house has a new favorite as of 01:13 on Sep 21, 2011

• Locked thread