Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

So the 'Single player' listing on Steam and announcement that it doesn't require PS+ are enough to suggest that multiplayer's out, right?

you won't meet other people ship to ship but you can see if someone has named and discovered something, at least that's what I read in gi a while back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

emoji posted:

No Man's Heavily Modded Skyrim

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

frank.club posted:

you won't meet other people ship to ship but you can see if someone has named and discovered something, at least that's what I read in gi a while back

I read something different. Your chance of rolling across a planet that another player has been to is basically zero, so that's not tracked on any servers.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

yeah they worded it in a really abstruse manner so it seemed like real-time player-to-player interaction was improbably possible, but they haven't shown any evidence for the functionality

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

So the 'Single player' listing on Steam and announcement that it doesn't require PS+ are enough to suggest that multiplayer's out, right?

you get to see planets named planet rick and planet morty and planet stephen universe while extracting mats to craft things for all eternit

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

you get to see planets named planet rick and planet morty and planet stephen universe while extracting mats to craft things for all eternit

Win.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

looks like im buying No Man's Sky

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

There's no multiplayer??

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Story mode mincraft randomgen heaven and Maybe one day you could meet somebody and be happy. But it's an infinitesimal chance

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Awesome.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Benny D posted:

There's no multiplayer??

There's an incredibly low chance of running into another player but they're not specially marked so you may never know if it's an npc or a goon :tinfoil:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In the interview where Murray talks about multiplayer he says "there's no reason to make the game handle multiple other players onscreen at once since you'll probably never see another person" which I think translates to "we couldn't figure out how to have multiple players in the same place at once so we basically made it almost impossible enough that we could still technically call it multiplayer"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Im sure it has secret multiplayer that doesnt require a ps+ subscription

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
No mans sky is so epic and so random

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sean murray once entered the question "should my game have multiplayer" as a seed into the procgen program and the output was millions of stars arranged to form a giant galactic "no"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No Man's Buy. Welcome to the goldmine baby.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Upon competition of the procgen program, Sean Murray entered a single question into the seed: "is there a god?"

Along the steamy shores of that first jungle world, a churning river snaked itself into a response: "There Is Now."

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

elf help book posted:

Im sure it has secret multiplayer that doesnt require a ps+ subscription

My bet is that it just spawns a player mob on any planet the database knows has a player on it.

No actual players. Just AI mimicking them. No gods, no masters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

SciFiDownBeat posted:

sean murray once entered the question "should my game have multiplayer" as a seed into the procgen program and the output was millions of stars arranged to form a giant galactic "no"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Sometimes I think this about MGSV. The hype and speculation and theories for it were a lot of fun

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
What's everybody planning on nameing there first planet? I'm going to call mine Cum, after the hot white load I'm going to blast out of my hog when this epic game comes out

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Calling mine WeedCuck69Rofl tbqh.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

What's everybody planning on nameing there first planet? I'm going to call mine Cum, after the hot white load I'm going to blast out of my hog when this epic game comes out

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Sometimes I think this about MGSV. The hype and speculation and theories for it were a lot of fun

They really were.

The trailers were better than the actual game.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shut up bitch

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Mokinokaro posted:

They really were.

you're both massively retarded

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

me, lumpy, BBG, teaming up and theorycrafting with the boys on r/Reedus. Kojima you bastard, youve got us stuck in your web, haha. never be game over

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

They really were.

Da fuq

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

r/NeverBeGayBowser

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
people were driven to insanity trying to understand there's no more MGSV to play. Who can blame them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the real reason i havent finished mgs5 is because im terrified of seeing it end

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Mokinokaro posted:

They really were.

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the Games general opinion turning against MGSV is further proof, if any were needed, that everyone in said forum has aids

• Locked thread