Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
WAIT A MINUTE... IS THAT? BAW GOD, IT'S THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS THEME MUSIC!
DRUNK NERDS DRAWING #9 IN THIS ROYAL RUMBLE. ALWAYS SURPRISING THE CROWDS WITH HIS UNEXPECTED TACTICS!
HE JUMPS IN THE RING AND... MAKES A BEELINE STRAIGHT FOR THE SAME GUY HE DID LAST YEAR, DAVID JOHNSON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Drunk Nerds posted:

WAIT A MINUTE... IS THAT? BAW GOD, IT'S THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS THEME MUSIC!
DRUNK NERDS DRAWING #9 IN THIS ROYAL RUMBLE. ALWAYS SURPRISING THE CROWDS WITH HIS UNEXPECTED TACTICS!
HE JUMPS IN THE RING AND... MAKES A BEELINE STRAIGHT FOR THE SAME GUY HE DID LAST YEAR, DAVID JOHNSON

Are we suspending the timer overnight?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Frankenstein probably going to end up with two autopicks on the turn.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

jabro posted:

Are we suspending the timer overnight?

yEEE, 11 PM - 5 AM PST, just like the SFB

dkj posted:

Frankenstein probably going to end up with two autopicks on the turn.

drat, sorry. If so, they get automatically put on computer autopick.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

drat, sorry. If so, they get automatically put on computer autopick.

It is what it is, I’m sure there are a lot of people on the east coast where it’s currently 11pm.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

dkj posted:

It is what it is, I’m sure there are a lot of people on the east coast where it’s currently 11pm.

True, but still I regret not telling people "prerank your first round, it's the first round dammit it's not hard!"

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Sniped Gurley from me!!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So close to ending the first round.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Medusa's almost halfway through the first round!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I contacted Free_Zeke and reminded them they need to pick in Frank Division. I sent them a link to the draft room in case they were having trouble with that.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Team officemug autopicked in Medusa.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

Team officemug autopicked in Medusa.

I have it automatically set to put anyone who times out twice on autodraft. But let me know if/when someone does, so I can double check that the setting went through.

Seems like everyone who took 6+ hours so far is a non-goon, wonder if opening it up to the masses was a mistake.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

I have it automatically set to put anyone who times out twice on autodraft. But let me know if/when someone does, so I can double check that the setting went through.

Seems like everyone who took 6+ hours so far is a non-goon, wonder if opening it up to the masses was a mistake.

Just watch the winner be someone who autodrafts their whole team and never makes a substitution.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Frankenstein has entered the second round. We've done it boys.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
That is an inevitability is it not? Our struggle is meaningless in the end.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Dracula chat: woke up to see Damien Williams, my planned reach, was sniped just one pick ahead of me. There will be retribution.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Death is the perfect name for this division. Less than an hour away from our second timeout in the first 10 picks. :suicide:

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Medusa has been turned to stone. Though we're further from our second time out, we've only had 6 picks.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
After round 2 all the ghosts should be on autopick and itll go much faster

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

After round 2 all the ghosts should be on autopick and itll go much faster

Can't wait. Getting blue balls over here.

Also you're doing a great job running this, thank you!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Me too, I'm talking with a few goons about the Scott fish bowl they are in, and they're like "okay I'm coming up in two picks here's my first six picks should I get this guy or this guy or this guy? Hurry!" And I'm like, "okay... it's my pick... should I take
.. no I should obviously take Johnson never mind... I'll check back in in two days"

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Nice work by the guys at the end of the Death division to get us into Round 2. TeamHauser back on the clock after having already timed out once today.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
An email seemed to get free_zeke moving, I get off work in a couple hours and I'll email everyone who timed out

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Gobias Ind. posted:

Nice work by the guys at the end of the Death division to get us into Round 2. TeamHauser back on the clock after having already timed out once today.

At this rate the only NFL game that we will have our full squad for is the Pro Bowl.

Drunk, thanks for making it so if you timeout twice you go auto. That will speed things up significantly after this round. Also thanks for putting up with my winning whining.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

jabro posted:

At this rate the only NFL game that we will have our full squad for is the Pro Bowl.

Drunk, thanks for making it so if you timeout twice you go auto. That will speed things up significantly after this round. Also thanks for putting up with my whining.

Your whining is nothing compared to mine. I've just been full of impotent rage the last few days and this "slow" draft has pushed me to the brink of madness. I think I need to send DN a craft beer.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I especially hate when I'm one pick away and the guy I want is at the top of the list.

"Ohhh, I hope the owner picking gets a different guy, this is so tense!"

<3 hours later>

"Yeah he's gonna autodraft him and I have to sit here for 5 hours and wait for it"

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

I especially hate when I'm one pick away and the guy I want is at the top of the list.

"Ohhh, I hope the owner picking gets a different guy, this is so tense!"

<3 hours later>

"Yeah he's gonna autodraft him and I have to sit here for 5 hours and wait for it"

That gets less likely the further into the draft it gets though, correct? As in it doesn't autodraft the best player, but the best player at the most needed position.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

dkj posted:

That gets less likely the further into the draft it gets though, correct? As in it doesn't autodraft the best player, but the best player at the most needed position.

Sure!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

dkj posted:

I can set that. I think I set it to positional need

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Can we just give Hauser Ajayi so we can move on?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I would love to, but since I'm up next it would be totes unethical of me.

I emailed the 4 people who timed out and the 1 person who's been on the clock for 6.5 hours. We should see some movement.

Two divisions have no people who timed out, so that's nice for them.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I hate Chasereamer with the fire of a thousand suns. I also predict Gurley is going to end the year as the RB1 solely based on the fact that this son of a bitch is about to autodraft him and we live in a cold, unfeeling universe and God is dead.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Hardrock527 has an hour to time out in Dracula...

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Team King Lucas did in Medusa. 2 in the first 7.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Sataere posted:

I hate Chasereamer with the fire of a thousand suns. I also predict Gurley is going to end the year as the RB1 solely based on the fact that this son of a bitch is about to autodraft him and we live in a cold, unfeeling universe and God is dead.

Same

But at this point I don’t want them coming back for this pick. Just end up on auto draft and we can move on.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
If you miss one pick in the first 3 rounds, you should be placed on autodraft for the rest of it

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89, I'll see your Kelce/Mixon/Fournette start and raise you Kittle/Cook/Jacobs!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

pmchem posted:

Brandon Jacobs is back? Sweet!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

pmchem posted:

Wow multiple players on a team?? What a dream scenario. What opulence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

pmchem posted:

I think everybody would prefer Kelce/Mixon/Fournette over Kittle/3rd year guy with 6 games of stats/rookie.

HA I WIN SILLY MAN