System Message

Secondary database maintenance is underway. Some features will be briefly unavailable.
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
go cavs gently caress all your teams

except NOLA and Memphis yall cool and i genuinely hope its Cavs v one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I finally found the LeBron James chip (Flaming Hot Sour Cream and Cheddar). It was at a rest stop of all places (the one between Tucson and New Mexico in Texas Canyon, for all the many trucker posters here wondering about it). Ruffles cheddar cheese flavoring is so strong that it even supersedes the taste of the flaming hot powder which is impressive in a way; there's definitely a metaphor in here somewhere about LeBron James. But I like this much better than the AD chip (lime and jalepeno), which is now everywhere. I've still not seen the Jason Tatum chip.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Tatum chip is regretfully the best of the basketball player chips

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

all of them look like poo poo. if i had my own chip it'd just be tapatio doritos

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ill take a bag of fuego takis plz

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Carlosologist posted:

I think any team acquiring Rudy can't also rely on him to be the only source of defense. Need to have some capable defenders on the wings for when the game gets small and he can't stay on the floor

San Antonio would probably be the perfect fit in terms of maximizing how much you get out of him in a deep playoff room

Gobert can stay on the floor when the other team goes small just fine. He can't stay on the floor when his teammates can't slow down ballhandlers, defend cuts, navigate screens, hit jumpers, or throw alley oops off dribble penetration.

Basically, you can't ask him to cover all the defensive mistakes of the entire team and be unable to capitalize on the few things he does really well on offense.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

xbilkis posted:

They’re great can confirm

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

verbal enema posted:

go cavs gently caress all your teams

except NOLA and Memphis yall cool and i genuinely hope its Cavs v one of them

:glomp:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spicy BBQ is simple tried and true. The other flavors are almost random mashups so ymmv

Also as a Flaming Hot Cheeto lover I will say the Flaming Hot Mac and Cheese is amazing

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

I'm sure there's a lot of Warriors fans who are absolute jackasses, the complete scum of the Earth. I definitely know a few. But lmao at pointing to YouTube comments as being indicative of anything other than the various mental health disorders that compel one to comment on YouTube. YouTube comments are even worse than Twitter, and about in line with other sites with the -Tube suffix.

That’s more my point, I’m sure lovely warriors fans exist, it’s just that pointing to fuckin’ YouTube comments as indicative of literally anything at all is definitionally a strawman.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

WhyteRyce posted:

Flaming Hot Mac and Cheese is amazing

hell yeah it is

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My forays into YouTube comments are not drug and/or alcohol fueled but they are 99 times out of a hundred late night insomnia fueled so not that much difference I guess

Either way my point was meant to be I can think of literally nothing sadder than a fan of a team that just won a championship responding to a months old YouTube comment (if not actively seeking it out) is some serious weirdo poo poo.

Ugh I wish I could look forward to the off-season in any way but it's gonna just be the Suns version of the off-season after the Rockets took the Warriors 7, i.e. mostly the same team but demonstrably worse while mostly everyone around them got better.

I can be happy for my friends who are fans of other teams I guess :)

Also NGL the extent to which some folks are getting ready demonstrably defensive about the original point isn't exactly helping the case too much but whatever!

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

xbilkis posted:

Tatum and LeBron are equally good imo. Great players. Great chips.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I can think of a couple of things sadder, like bothering to look at YT comments of old videos in the first place.

Like just say Warriors fans suck, it's fine, it doesn't need to be some huge like indictment or reasoning or comparing someone posting a comment on youtube to someone literally going out of their way to harrass someone directly over and over again in PM's.

Monkeu's problem isn't that he is an annoying Warriors fan, That's fine, Annoying fans can be fun and amusing. His problem is that he would just pester people in ways outside of just posting about his love of Steph Curry.

It really is not that serious.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 21, 2022

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

YT comment sections seem to be the most consistently racist of all the big social media platforms

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

YT live stream commenters were threatening to beat me up over booing the Haliburton trade

Twitter replies too to be honest

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Should've traded Fox for Sabonis instead, Tyrese would've been a better fit

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
So if I’ve got the timeline right here, a month or so ago Foochs left a YouTube comment “that wasn’t even that crazy” about how Warriors fans were getting too excited about their season, and now he’s Very Disappointed that some other YouTube weirdo found it and is making him eat his words.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lockback posted:

Bulls have some good perimeter defense options in general, even if you do have to kinda hid Zach somewhat. If they can keep Pat Williams that defense would be amazing, though I think you'd need to include him in a trade.

Zach is largely fine defensively his problem is help defense, which is less of a problem with Zo/Caruso/Gobet also Pat is not a good defender(yet) has the tools but hasn't been good at all.

DeMar and Coby are the real defensive sieve.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The next week or so is going to be glorious, because every draft day is full of absurd trades, and every June 30th/July 1st is a cavalcade of the goofiest free agency contracts that have ever existed.

So many rumors this cycle, too. Whole rosters on the trading block. Bench players getting starter money. Unhappy players opting out of deals. Etc;etc.

Though I don’t think we’ll ever reach the halcyon heights of DeAndre Jordan being barricaded inside his own home, and unconfirmed rumors of a panicked Mark Cuban driving in circles trying to get ahold of him on the phone.

https://mobile.twitter.com/blakegriffin23/status/618960135050825729

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Dexo posted:

I can think of a couple of things sadder, like bothering to look at YT comments of old videos in the first place.

Like just say Warriors fans suck, it's fine, it doesn't need to be some huge like indictment or reasoning or comparing someone posting a comment on youtube to someone literally going out of their way to harrass someone directly over and over again in PM's.

Monkeu's problem isn't that he is an annoying Warriors fan, That's fine, Annoying fans can be fun and amusing. His problem is that he would just pester people in ways outside of just posting about his love of Steph Curry.

It really is not that serious.

This is it in a nutshell Foochsman.

I've been trying to tell you this for years- you take other fanbases waaaaay too seriously. Just shake your head and move on. Fans do stupid things- the loving root word is fanatic for gods sake.

There isn't a fan base in professional sports that lives up to the deferential, cordial ideals that you want them to and there never will be.

Every fan base, when they win, brings out lakersfan.gif in some iteration, or some rear end in a top hat that's been a fan 'since I was born bro'.

It just doesn't loving matter.

Now monkeu on the other hand pming and stalking and poo poo, different story :lol: but I'm not familiar with all that junk nor do I want to be.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I miss audiogoon

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Should've traded Fox for Sabonis instead, Tyrese would've been a better fit

I don’t think it was up to the Kings. Tyrese and Ayton in Indiana will be a nice fit though.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
No, seriously, though, what did Kenny Atkinson see after meeting with MJ? What is wrong with Charlotte? Can MJ just not keep his hands off?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

If I were to guess he probably talked around the very tight-knit coaches brotherhood they got going and heard enough that scared him off. There’s only thirty head coaching jobs in the league, and at this point if you want to coach like the Lakers or Warriors or Celtics or Knicks or something you gotta pay your dues on the Hornets and Kings etc, so something had to be really really hosed in Charlotte for him to say no to the offer.

Or maybe Kerr took him aside and basically guaranteed that he was gonna be his replacement. Maybe that, in which case grinding out as assistant for a couple of years until Kerr finally retires - maybe after he gets ring ten he’ll hang ‘em up, ten is a nice round number - is totally worth the trade off of not being a head coach. But even then promises only get you so far - I think, fundamentally, there’s something rotten in Charlotte that made him renege on his agreement.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

hifi posted:

lmao sorry your feelings are hurt

It's a man's league.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

No, seriously, though, what did Kenny Atkinson see after meeting with MJ? What is wrong with Charlotte? Can MJ just not keep his hands off?

My guess is that Lacob/Kerr said "hey man we'll match your salary, you can win more rings, develop these young guys we got, and you can take over when Kerr retires after Steph goes" or something.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hot take alert: He took the deal after game 3 like a rat leaving the sinking ship and crawled back like a dog when they won

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

GoutPatrol posted:

Hot take alert: He took the deal after game 3 like a rat leaving the sinking ship and crawled back like a dog when they won

Actually Kerr took a page right from Mark Jackson’s book. Once Atkinson took the deal he organized a prayer circle and told everyone Atkinson was plotting against them and rooting for them to lose. When confronted Atkinson cried and was confused but it worked in galvanizing the team. Atkinson is now coming back out of shame. drat you warriors

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think Kerr wants to go back into the FO so I'm thinking Atkinson either has a promise or just figures it's an inside track and he can always find a HC job in any off-season, honestly.

NieR Occomata posted:

at this point if you want to coach like the Lakers or

Lol, no one wants to coach the Lakers

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
so wait they have three flavours and the lakers get 2 and celtics get 1? i hate the lack of parity in this league, the 'chips always end up on the east or west coast

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
I have a hard time imagining Atkinson didn’t come back for a promise as someone who doesn’t really know any of the stuff that went into it, but he also accepted at a really strange time imo wouldn’t be surprised if it’s as simple as money or the organization or just the high of a championship

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

The Walrus posted:

so wait they have three flavours and the lakers get 2 and celtics get 1? i hate the lack of parity in this league, the 'chips always end up on the east or west coast

I heard Zion had a flavor but somehow they all ended up disappearing from the warehouse

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

morestuff posted:

All fans are bad
Excuse me

also willing to include grizzlies and maybe pels fans as a Noble Fanbase as well but that's about it

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Excuse me

also willing to include grizzlies and maybe pels fans as a Noble Fanbase as well but that's about it

The posters on here spoil you guys. Trust me, those fan bases are just as bad, or will be, once they get revved up. The Pels fanbase, in particular, is very petty and will constantly bring up poo poo from years and decades ago.

I appreciate the kind thoughts, though!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Oh yeah I was gonna say it's mostly just cuz of you and nick that I add that 😅, naturally all fanbases have some nasty motherfuckers (some more than others tho!!!!!)
Like hey, Rick makes Lakers fans look great. We're spoiled here.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Kibner posted:

The posters on here spoil you guys. Trust me, those fan bases are just as bad, or will be, once they get revved up. The Pels fanbase, in particular, is very petty and will constantly bring up poo poo from years and decades ago.

I appreciate the kind thoughts, though!

Timberwolves fans are weirdly overrepresented on here, in the wild they largely don't care. Just at fatalistic though.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

My theory is that the bad teams have the best fans

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Oh, looks like the Hornets are cheaping out on assistants: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10039350-latest-nba-intel-the-divide-between-kyrie-irving-and-brooklyn?share=other

quote:

But for any new head coach, the Hornets have been intent on retaining a large portion of the staff—many of whom have one full season of guaranteed salary remaining on their deals—from previous head coach James Borrego, sources said. Before Atkinson put pen to paper on his contract, he and the Hornets were unable to come to financial agreements for his new assistants, sources said. Charlotte is known to be among the league's bottom five teams in coaching staff salary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

NieR Occomata posted:

Or maybe Kerr took him aside and basically guaranteed that he was gonna be his replacement. Maybe that, in which case grinding out as assistant for a couple of years until Kerr finally retires - maybe after he gets ring ten he’ll hang ‘em up,

Would have to be after Klay retires, see previous statements about going full Jordan ride-or-die with Phil Jackson.

Tangentially, FO a fool if they don't hire Iggy as an assistant with strong consideration towards being HC at some point.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 21, 2022