Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the iframes are right at the start, you can extend them with a certain skill, i think evasion? the default window is super tight though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

e: nvm

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
with the the default I frames I was only ever able to roll trough the narga's tail whip and the gravios beam but only if I roll exactly on the opposite direction of the movement of the tail/beam

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao austrian mook got probed and he used the term social justice warriors unironically

I didnt, but whatever. Its cool

Do you gotta do this egg mission? This is horrid...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Austrian mook posted:

This game is a lot of fun, but I find it insanely overwhelming. Im stuck on a monster now and i dont really feel like Im getting any better at fighting him. I dunno how any of the mechanics in this game work at all, i dont know where I can buy any healing items that are worth poo poo. What are the mission I should be doing? Theres like 3 quest givers and expeditions and quests from NPCs in the town and this plot about some gemstone. I dont even know if I like the weapon Im using yet and my friend is talking about completing an armor set. Its just a lot to take in an the reason why I havent touched this game in months since buying it....

I had fun with MH4U for a bit (my first monster hunter) but if would be nice if a sane person who hasn't been playing and making these games for 15 years stopped by Capcom for a week and redesigned the interface for them so normal people can play their game.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Where are the iframes when you dodge, is it at the start? Sadly after over 150 hours between this and 3U I'm unable to reliably use iframes, I mostly use the dodge to get the gently caress out of the way.

i'm pretty sure they're at the start, but without evasion, the window is so short that you're still really likely to get clipped by attacks anyway unless the hitbox is fast+small

i think dualsword's sliding dodge has more invincibility. and you probably already know but the Panic Dive (the one while sprinting) also has a ton of invincibility whether you use evasion or not, so its good for dodging through beams and stuff

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I had fun with MH4U for a bit (my first monster hunter) but if would be nice if a sane person who hasn't been playing and making these games for 15 years stopped by Capcom for a week and redesigned the interface for them so normal people can play their game.

Careful, you might get probed for being a normie.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
he sure sounds like a normie to me

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
nick's cheers and jeers

cheers: honed blade

jeers: that gold/silver rath mission in the arena

me and two of my friends tried to do that mission with a pub in our 4 spot and every single retard who has ever played monster hunter passed through our gate and gave it the old college try

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

nick's cheers and jeers

me and two of my friends tried to do that mission with a pub in our 4 spot and every single retard who has ever played monster hunter passed through our gate and gave it the old college try

it's usually worth it to just go with 3 if that's all you have imo. those 3 carts go quick

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Evil Eagle posted:

it's usually worth it to just go with 3 if that's all you have imo. those 3 carts go quick

we had a gs user with a clownsuit roll in and ready up. he did not eat anything. we gave him the benefit of the doubt until we started and i checked his gear...no skills at all. all he did was stand on top of the little ledge and wait to try and mount one of them until he triple carted and instantly disconnected. by this time my friends and i were just laughing on skype and were resigned to our fates

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

well i'm literally playing MHX right now, hot drat it seems real cool and good

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

well i'm literally playing MHX right now, hot drat it seems real cool and good

i considered going and finding a cheap 3DS to mod so i could do the same. i didnt want to risk bricking my current one.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

NickRoweFillea posted:

nick's cheers and jeers

What set are you using for Edgemaster? That skill is sweet but it's all on endgame armor that requires you to kill G Rank Fatalis, Dalamadur, Furious Rajang etc. :negative:

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

i considered going and finding a cheap 3DS to mod so i could do the same. i didnt want to risk bricking my current one.

they just updated the method with a brick-proof version called like safe-sysupdater or something, i managed to do it with basically no knowledge of anything and the worst versions of all the files but YMMV, I'm now messing around with fire emblem: if... which up to mission 4 is still fully english, so that definitely owns.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Who wants to hunt? It's my night off, lets do this people!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Evil Eagle posted:

Who wants to hunt? It's my night off, lets do this people!

I want to but I don't know if I'll have time, will watch the thread

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I apparently have a second friendcode for my emulated firmware so I need to add some people again: the new code is 3883-9139-6969

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Gonna put up a room in a little bit after I get some work done and give my dog his bedtime walk, am hoping to burn through some HR trading parts missions or G3 stuff but also down to help other goons with their own quests or w/e if people are interested, I know it's a little late

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 13, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Sorry about the wait, hall ID 68-1097-2347-1918 passcode 7777. Gonna be doing charm farming runs until other people jump on

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Sorry about the wait, hall ID 68-1097-2347-1918 passcode 7777. Gonna be doing charm farming runs until other people jump on

gonna eat and ill be on in a bit, if you dont mind helping me clear out G1. i think i just have 1 or 2 left and then the urgent.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i wanna play this today

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

i wanna play this today

me 2 but the room I posted yesterday went over like a wet fart (though I got a couple of good charms). If someone posts a room i'll jump in later this evening, got a little work to do before that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ill be up very late, gonna finish smashing with a friend then ill be on

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

who would like to play?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wanna play this today

C-Euro posted:

me 2 but the room I posted yesterday went over like a wet fart (though I got a couple of good charms). If someone posts a room i'll jump in later this evening, got a little work to do before that

anyone gonna come on??? ive got the itch

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bobnumerotres posted:

anyone gonna come on??? ive got the itch

sorry man, i'm typically in bed by 12:30-1 EST. i'll def have some time this weekend

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Got a room set up, dip in, dip out, come spend your friday night with strangers on the internet

E: 24-3740-7163-3541, passcode 3333

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 16, 2016

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'll be on in a minute

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

if you are still playing in 20-30 mins I will try to join

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Heading to bed, sorry. i've learned from this thread that it's hard to play games online when you're on the other side of the world.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Evil Eagle posted:

Heading to bed, sorry. i've learned from this thread that it's hard to play games online when you're on the other side of the world.

Don't let the threat of terrorism govern your life

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

if you are still playing in 20-30 mins I will try to join

I have to jump off at 10 to pick up my wife from work but I can probably get back on once i return

Evil Eagle posted:

aw :(

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
it was fun, dude! we'll have to get all 4 of us on soon.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Im sorry I ended up watching ru Paul's drag race and having gay sex instead of playing monster hunter last night, but i still love it and all of you. Also I've been playing a lot of MHX and it's really such a huge improvement like, you can just hold the a button and you will continue to gather until you exhaust a node and they streamlined the animations so it's a little shorter, and it's easier to mount enemies now and the feeding of nectar to upgrade kinsects seems a lot more simple and direct instead of tedious and you get to make an alternate hunter that is a feline and has its own stats and special features called a nyanter, it's very good.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
i've also heard it's mad short, like no endgame content besides the "ferocious" monsters or whatever they're called. Capcom also said they aren't doing an ultimate version of this game and when has a video game company ever gone back on its word????

my guess is that they're using this game to test some of the more radical series departures (custom combat styles, monster variants that are more than just a palette swap with 1-2 new moves) and they're going to fold the most popular ones into a future MH5. Then again if they do that then it's going to be like 4-5 years before us non-Japan folks get a new MH :negative:

NickRoweFillea posted:

it was fun, dude! we'll have to get all 4 of us on soon.

yeah def, i was playing a bit after I got home and finally finished my mixed Kushala/Chameleos armor set, it's rad

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
there's two endgame things in mhx; the first is the ferocious monsters which basically gives the monsters g-rank level damage to select attacks. like i was getting poo poo on by a tamamitsune despite being fully geared up

the other are the named variants which are basically like expanding the concept of ssj rajang/hungry deviljho/volatile brachy into a formal questline

it doesn't quite have the longevity of a G game but it's way more content than the previous base level games ever had

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i should find my circle pad pro and see if i can learn mhx on it

i got it 80+ hours into mh4 and my muscle memory was already set up for standard discomfort mode

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Taint reaper was very good at this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can hunt any time in the next 5 hours. until then I'll be playing Majora's Mask.

• Locked thread