Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CubicalSucrose posted:

Because Wolo gimmicked D1 and has never done that as scum before. I'm going to "get got" by this at some point but I'm gonna trust the long-term meta for now.

I actually feel worse about AFQM after that claim.

##unvote

Why do you feel worse about it? Is it incorrect? Because if it is correct, Fancy would be gambling quite a bit if he faked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

wologar posted:

Why do you feel worse about it? Is it incorrect? Because if it is correct, Fancy would be gambling quite a bit if he faked it.

In a low power (or maybe all vanilla game), it's not that big of a gamble.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
To wit, my suspicions lie mostly on Hal and Cube.

I believe Fancy and wins pushed Opop in a way that shows they were not his allies. Hal and Cube showed no conviction on their vote and could have been cutting their loses.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I think we have a majority for Hal at this point.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

wologar posted:

wins32767 posted:

Tracker just seems like a very "safe" power role claim in this small of a game.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wins32767 posted:

My bias is towards voting known aggressive-busser-in-small-games Hal today, but I could be talked out of it with a compelling case. Fancy does look more suspicious after that tracker claim out of no where.

Can I get an example or two of Hal's known agressive-bussing-in-small games?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I guess to be more explicit, I did NOT do anything last night, so a supposed tracker result of "Cube didn't do anything last night" would be accurate.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

wins32767 posted:

CubicalSucrose posted:

Tracker just seems like a very "safe" power role claim in this small of a game.

I see. But then the risk lies in hoping there is no tracker.

I don't think scum hardbuses out of the gate in a three day game just to gamble next day.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CubicalSucrose posted:

I guess to be more explicit, I did NOT do anything last night, so a supposed tracker result of "Cube didn't do anything last night" would be accurate.

Very well. I have no reason to disbelieve Fancy's claim then, so Hal looks like the most solid option.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wologar posted:

I don't think scum hardbuses out of the gate in a three day game just to gamble next day.

This is a good point. Okay, I'm back on wins or Hal and leaning wins. But will reread before actually voting again since that seems like the proper thing to do.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wologar posted:

Very well. I have no reason to disbelieve Fancy's claim then, so Hal looks like the most solid option.

I will say that I am vanilla and I presumed the whole game was vanilla. I am sure there is only one scum left though so if it me today you should still have another day to find the real scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CubicalSucrose posted:

That is almost surely made up, in fact the total opposite is true I would say. I guess if you dig through 600 games you might find an example of it.

I used to go out of my way to sacrifice myself over my scummate in those sorts of games if it looked like one of us was going down because I live my mafia life under a constant state of suspicion so I don't want to be the last person alive if I can help it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wologar posted:

To wit, my suspicions lie mostly on Hal and Cube.

I believe Fancy and wins pushed Opop in a way that shows they were not his allies. Hal and Cube showed no conviction on their vote and could have been cutting their loses.

You have since retracted this, but Cube would make 0 sense as scum at this point so I can't see why you would have any suspicion on him

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

You have since retracted this, but Cube would make 0 sense as scum at this point so I can't see why you would have any suspicion on him

And this was true even before Cube confirmed he did nothing last night.

Please look hard at wologar tomorrow if you flip me today

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I suppose there is some world where Cube is a ninja but that would seem highly unlikely and I'd probably have mentioned that possibility if I were putting suspicion on him after Fancy's claim.

Feels like a fake read from Wologar to me

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Hal Incandenza posted:

Because of yesterday's vote, dear Hal.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wologar posted:

Because of yesterday's vote, dear Hal.

Yes but fancy said cube went nowhere and there was a kill and there is only one scum so how would that have worked.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes but fancy said cube went nowhere and there was a kill and there is only one scum so how would that have worked.

It wouldn't. You will note that at the time of my post, Cube was casting aspersions on Fancy's claim. I have since retracted my doubt on Cube.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Well, there's also the possibility of Cube being a ninja, as you mentioned, but a tracker and a ninja in a low power game is a funny thought.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Thinking on it, a tracker, a watcher and a ninja as the only power roles would be a real power move from Ao-Pig. Bravo if so.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Oh, the other thing that had me suspicious about AFQM's tracker claim - I'm Lawful Good and VT.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

Oh, the other thing that had me suspicious about AFQM's tracker claim - I'm Lawful Good and VT.

The idea being that if I'm not a cop, then all-vanilla seemed more likely.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CubicalSucrose posted:

The idea being that if I'm not a cop, then all-vanilla seemed more likely.

Cop because you're Lawful Good? That's more of a Lawful Neutral area.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

wologar posted:

Yes. That and what I commented a few minutes ago.

I had a theory since before this meeting started: that the two most genocidal alignments were the ones we need to get rid of to achieve harmony. Namely, Lawful Good and Chaotic Evil.

From yesterday. Intriguing.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wologar posted:

Cop because you're Lawful Good? That's more of a Lawful Neutral area.

Yeah fair enough. I'm also not a doc, and those are the two main power roles in small setups that I've seen in the past. Not that that means too much here.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wologar posted:

It wouldn't. You will note that at the time of my post, Cube was casting aspersions on Fancy's claim. I have since retracted my doubt on Cube.

Hrm I’m not sure this makes me feel much better about anything

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

I remember from the F11 series of games I ran that Hal was pretty willing to throw his buddy under the bus because the games were moving very fast and as soon as someone got suspicion they were probably going down.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

wologar posted:

That's a fair point.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

wologar posted:

Thinking on it, a tracker, a watcher and a ninja as the only power roles would be a real power move from Ao-Pig. Bravo if so.

It would be awesome.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

For today, I'm going to tentatively clear Fancy and Cube, so I'm on to Hal or Wolo and Wolo has been very townie.

##vote Hal

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Cube, if EXLO is you, me and Fancy think pretty hard about why that is.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wins32767 posted:

I remember from the F11 series of games I ran that Hal was pretty willing to throw his buddy under the bus because the games were moving very fast and as soon as someone got suspicion they were probably going down.

Didn't Hal roll scum in all of those and the mod had to fix it so Hal wasn't scum in the last one or two?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

Didn't Hal roll scum in all of those and the mod had to fix it so Hal wasn't scum in the last one or two?

I was the mod, and yes.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wins32767 posted:

I was the mod, and yes.

Okay there were only a handful of games and they were fast so I guess I'll reread all of them tonight.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wins32767 posted:

Cube, if EXLO is you, me and Fancy think pretty hard about why that is.

It's probably because I've got a losing record at endgames. *shakes fist at Fool of Sound*

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wins32767 posted:

I feel like I lost almost every game and died first in almost all of them but maybe not

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wins32767 posted:

For today, I'm going to tentatively clear Fancy and Cube, so I'm on to Hal or Wolo and Wolo has been very townie.

##vote Hal

And how have I been scummy?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anyway I’ll be gone for a bit soon and probably dead by the time I’m back around so I’ll just go ahead and say I’m true neutral and vanilla, not that I expect that to make much of a difference

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

And how have I been scummy?

Your default playstyle is very hard for me to apply alignment indicators to so vibes are all I got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wins32767 posted:

##vote Hal

I still think it’s weird you’d think wolo was super townie, nothing wologar has said about how he had suspicion of cube after fancy said he tracked him going nowhere makes sense, unless he really did think cube was a ninja, but it doesn’t appear he was thinking that at the time