Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I should buy 12 fonts to keep.my.meniu cool for the

KIDS!.!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

JediTalentAgent posted:

This is really a scam. Hear me out.

Renting a 'business unit' in this area is surprisingly very cheap compared to renting an apartment. I got a business license and rented the place. I work third shift, anyway, so my car isn't around at night except 2 nights a week.

So, the unit has a private restroom (I bathe in here, don't judge me) and I put a sign on the door saying "BC Customer Service. Staff Only. No Solicitors. " It's generic and vague enough that trying to search for it would be so cluttered with meaningless results that people would give up rather quickly if they tried to dig.

I show up on Google Maps, I somehow have reviews, but I don't know how. I sometimes get people who claim they got referred to me, but I have to shoo them away and explain that we aren't taking new clients. One guy said he was a 'temp' sent by BC and tried to push his way in.

I like this story.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Buce posted:

*steals a shitload of pandemic relief money*

I know people who did pop-ups at local restaurants. During covid they stopped operations but were tempted to run a Minimum Viable Restaurant (MVR) and apply for the covid scam money.

I need to harangue them more for not doing that.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Pekinduck posted:

Start restaurant

Be competent, fair to employees.

Become respected by customers and staff alike

Build generational trust in the community.

Be successful for decades.

Hand off to failson after he washes out of salaried work.

End up closed and sued within a few years.

My town has a chef that is the son of a huge commercial real estate broker. He uses his dad's money for capitol to setup restaurants but gets bored and then blames customers or road construction. He tends to buy failing restaurants that have been around forever in an attempt to keep them going. One was a taco place where the waiter could not tell me which of the two grey meats before me was pork and which one was beef.

One day of the oldest, lovely diners goes up for sale because it's in a part of town that was booming. This place was known for a very specific pork burger that you could only get here. Something they started doing in the depression and it was a local fav. So this guy pays $1 million for an old, crumbling restaurant and takes it over. But it seems the owners refused go sell him the recipe for this pork burger. Keep in mind, the one thing anyone knows this place for is it's burger and now he can't sell it. He tries to recreate it but it isn't the same. Pork burgers are not that great anyway btw, very greasy.

Two months after he opens one of the local butchers reveal that they've been the ones producing the recipe for decades and have the former owner's permission to sell the pork burgers to the public.

The restaurant went of business a year later.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ghost Kitchen, The Restaraunt

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Bonzo posted:

Two months after he opens one of the local butchers reveal that they've been the ones producing the recipe for decades and have the former owner's permission to sell the pork burgers to the public.

it’s made out of people!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Come on down to Long Pigs!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

What if we sold hot dogs for $1.49?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bonzo posted:

What if we sold hot dogs for $1.49?

The hot dogs cost 3 bucks each we can't compete with Costco!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

We could open up an oil change place next door?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Let's get back to the drawing board on the whole hot dog business idea.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
we could start small. get a table at the flea market, open an etsy.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
if we go for male prostitution, would it qualify as a microbusiness?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

redshirt posted:

Let's get back to the drawing board on the whole hot dog business idea.

we should hire at least five consultants. Make sure we do it right.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

staberind posted:

It'll go over best if you call it a "fun size" business.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

staberind posted:

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

It'll go over best if you call it a "fun size" business.

Look, it's not the size of the business but how you run it. Not everyone likes or can handle a big business. Business news networks really glorify big businesses and how important they are and how much pleasure they give their employees, but most of that is just show. Everyone knows the small businesses are what makes the world go 'round.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

I just moved to this quaint little rural town and am disappointed in the lack of sophistication. Going to open a by-appointment-only artisinal coffee bar / antique furniture restoration shop. I'll hang my oil paintings on the walls with price tags next to them.

The 3000 residents of this poverty-stricken county are gonna love it! I'm sure they'll be very greatful to me for classing the place up.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Eclipse12 posted:

I just moved to this quaint little rural town and am disappointed in the lack of sophistication. Going to open a by-appointment-only artisinal coffee bar / antique furniture restoration shop. I'll hang my oil paintings on the walls with price tags next to them.

The 3000 residents of this poverty-stricken county are gonna love it! I'm sure they'll be very greatful to me for classing the place up.

3000? Whoa, big city!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

redshirt posted:

3000? Whoa, big city!

Yeah I didn't know you lived in Town™.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

"Sorry guys, no more free soda from the Coke dispenser. No more free refills for customers, either. You pay full price or you can drink tap water from the restroom sink."

*Grab my three daily 16oz Redbulls and two Gatorades out of the drink aisle and walk out*

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I'm as approachable as possible for my employees. They know that they can text me any time they want with time off requests or problems in the workplace, and I'll text back "FML" and maybe a crying-laugh emoji or three

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Company BBQ tomorrow at 5, attendance is MANDATORY

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Woke up in a bad mood, gonna make it EVERYONE'S problem at work today! 😤

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I'd love to keep you on you're our best manager but my failson needs a job so...

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

If you are scheduled at 8, that means clock in at 8 and no earlier. I will edit your timesheets if need be. - Mgmt

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Check out the new Cybertruck! It's gonna really drive sales to our niche dog house business!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Please step into my office so we can discuss terms.

*opens mini-storage door*

Yeah we got internet, you can get wifi from the Starbucks next door in here.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

*boots linux from a usb thumb drive on the shed office PC to bypass covenant eyes*

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

How about a rewards system? Buy 10 pawperties get 1 free.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Bad Purchase posted:

*boots linux from a usb thumb drive on the shed office PC to bypass covenant eyes*

Oh no.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

redshirt posted:

Check out the new Cybertruck! It's gonna really drive sales to our niche dog house business!

about that. So I was practicing my sales pitch out behind the building where everyone goes for their smoke break, and long story short, the truck's full self driving fully self-drove into a dumpster outside, and became a really big lithium fire in the parking lot. I mean, we're gonna be safe, but I can't say the same for the gross little prefab shed on the edge of the property

...poo poo, this is something you probably want to call the fire department about, now that I think about it. I'm gonna be in my office, so you should definitely get on it

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
*tapping on a fish tank

So these are supposed to help you retire early?

That's what it says on the packet. Just add cash.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Smugworth posted:

If you are scheduled at 8, that means clock in at 8 and no earlier. I will edit your timesheets if need be. - Mgmt

But don't you dare be a minute late.

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
I know I promised to promote you to bar manager when duke quit but my brother got out of prison today and he needs a job so go pick him up and tell him he’s your boss now. Oh take a few bottles of booze with you he’s gonna have a thirsty ride back. Hurry up though, he already sounded real mad when I talked to him a while ago so I lied and said you were already on your way and that was like… a while ago. I’m going to pass out drunk right now and be unrousable for the next 48 hours.

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
Ok yes I suppose it is a bit “like” an ice cream truck in the way an electric Tesla cybertruck is “like” a horse and buggy. Yes. In that way my business is very much “like” an ice cream truck.

“Like” an ice cream truck except! ONE!
I made the vehicle myself and it goes TOO FAST. TWO!
It plays LOUD old heavy metal music all the time (not on purpose) THREE!
I deliver hand rolled cigarettes made on site at the client’s own private property, outside of federal authority so nice try cop gently caress off and get your dead-eyed cop baby off my corner. Wait hey do either of you smoke? I’ll follow you to your house.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
look beyond the fluorescent fixtures, pale waterstained carpets and faded floral wallpaper from the early 2000s. Disregard the smell of cardboard and mildew. Yes I know it's just a dingy empty office whose last tenant was probably some loving insurance company or whatever. But look at the potential. Hear me out. This can be the everything backrooms experience. Dining. Hotel. Escape room. Petting zoo. Anything backrooms. Okay? We'll have a sign out front that says backrooms and we'll improvise.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Business plan? What the gently caress is that? Stop yapping and get back to stacking those Father Dowling Mysteries collectible cups on that end cap.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Need to find some cheaper suppliers..... These safety harnesses cost way too much.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

redshirt posted:

Need to find some cheaper suppliers..... These safety harnesses cost way too much.

I looked at the Temu dot com and saw some for $1.50. Hell, we were gettin ripped off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Do as I say, not as I do!