Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Blaze Dragon posted:

That second to last line is meant to be Asakim, isn't it?

Uh. oops! Fixed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dr Pepper posted:

And the Battle Mastery shows up. Defeat all enemies, then Ziene, within turn turns.

I don't know how many turns it is (three?), but this is a typo.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

TwoPair posted:

I don't know how many turns it is (three?), but this is a typo.

Hm, how do you figure?

That's saying quite clearly: after Ziene arrives, defeat all enemies within 4 turns.

The timer only starts when she comes over.

vvvv Edit: Bleh, I'm blind... :eng99:

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 17, 2015

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Brunom1 posted:

Hm, how do you figure?

That's saying quite clearly: after Ziene arrives, defeat all enemies within 4 turns.

The timer only starts when she comes over.

"Defeat all enemies, then Ziene, within turn turns."

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Things get off to a bad start as Hap’s informed that Gonzy saw Renton running away, his last words to the old man was for everyone to take care.
Talho’s very annoyed that Renton’s still being this troublesome but, surprise, Holland’s fine with it adding that it saved him the trouble of kicking the useless brat off the ship himself. Furthermore, since he didn’t take the Nirvash, Holland sees no reason to go after.
Rag’s the first to speak up, very annoyed with the idea that he’d simply abandon someone who’s been with us for such a long time. Especially considering, thinks Gainer, who’s obviously responsible for pushing the kid to this point.

Holland tells him to just come out and say it and Gainer does: “He left because you kept taking everything out on him! Or don’t you even see that?!” Garrod also adds that, yes, Renton could sometimes act without thinking but that doesn’t justify all that Holland did to him.
As Holland glares at the other “brats”, Jiron steps up and says that, while he was always willing to accept him as a suitable leader for our group, something’s been seriously wrong with him lately – wrong enough that even Renton, who once idolized him, lost faith.

Holland yells that none of us know what’s going on and have no right to say anything but Gainer points out that he’s the one who’s been keeping everyone out in the first place.
Enough is enough, though, as Garrod signed up to work with his friends, NOT to be the private army of a man who won't tell his supposed comrades what's really going on.
“Well, if you don’t like it then get out – just like the brat!”, Holland yells. Kei’s had enough of just watching this debacle and thinks it’s Holland who should be receiving this “offer”.
Holland figures he'll do just that, branding himself an outcast among outcasts. If we won’t put up with how he does things, then the Gekkostate will go on its own path.

Hap and Matthew speak up right then, saying there’s a crapton of enemies looking for them – they can’t handle that by themselves. Holland is undeterred, though, saying they got along just fine by themselves before, so they’ll just do it again.
Before an angry Talho can say anything, Jamil and Gain tell him to settle down: there’s no point in having this argument over Renton when he’s not even here. So, what Gain suggests is that we deal with it AFTER the kid’s returned to us.
Garrod quickly perks up with the idea of searching for his buddy but, as Elchi points out, it’d be dangerous to have the entire group take part in this. Gain proposes we send a small detachment to do the job, then.

Jiron volunteers, having had enough of arguing with a certain cranky person and Chil will also come along, having played with Renton several times before.
Kei will come along as well, figuring his Orguss’s flexibility will be helpful and, when Mimsy gets worried, says the Chiram and Emaan wouldn’t expect their precious Singularity to be wandering off on its own so he’ll be fine for a while.
Garrod also wants to come, promising to convince Renton to come back once we’ve found him; Gainer wants to help with that but Gain stops him.
He says he’ll look for Renton while Gainer should stay with Holland as it’ll be educational, in many ways, to study such a “charismatic” man.
So, Gain, Kei, Jiron, Chil and Garrod will be the search group while everyone else will stay and guard the ships – it’s now up to Rand to decide what he’ll do:

:siren: Secret Alert! :siren:
  • Rand’s Secret #3 – 3rd Point: Take the Search for Renton Route
  • Eureka Seven Secret – 1st Point: Ditto
  • A 2nd Xabungle – 1st Point: Take the Guard the Ships route

This would be a one-sided choice even without the Eureka Seven secret. You’ll want to stick to Rand’s secret item if you’ve been doing it thus far, though, as you’ll find it much more useful than another Xabungle.

Rand would rather be moving his body than drinking with an ill-tempered leader, and has been concerned with Renton's welfare ever since he left his grandpa's place.
Furthermore, he tells Löwen to come along too and experience the freedom outside the military. Sara chides him, saying this isn’t some leisurely trip, but he tells not to worry as he’s 100% committed to finding and bringing the kid back.
Garrod and Gainer wish each other luck and Jiron’s eager to get going as Renton should still be decently close (Holland’s still grumbling, much to Talho’s chagrin).

If you take the other route, Rand’s sure that Gain can see the search through and figures that Jamil might have trouble keeping Holland safe on his own.

Elsewhere, Dewey has just gotten in touch with Ray and Charles Beams – for the first time in a very long while. Ray sniffs at his “old friend” act, considering he broke into their comm network to make the call and Charles asks what a big-shot like him could want with poor bodyguards like them.
Dewey wonders if that job’s good enough for them but Ray snaps that they do alright. Well, Dewey has an offer for them and, quickly realizing where this is going, Charles says they’ve no intention of returning to the army.
He finds their current, carefree life a much better fit than the regimented routine of a soldier (plus, it leaves him more time to spend with his wife).
So, they wonder, why in blazes would they take his offer? To settle the score with Holland, Dewey says.
THIS gets Charles’ attention and he agrees to hear the guy out, though Ray seems uneasy…

Back in Gainer’s room, he’s got in touch with Cynthia for some more rounds of Over Battle and told her of his trip to South Ameria.
Sadly, it seems the connection is still iffy because he can’t see her face.
That said, Cynthia reveals that she’s en-route to South Ameria as well – much to Gainer’s surprise – and she hopes they’ll be able to have that date. He does apologize for not showing up due to what happened during their Catez stay.
She’s not angry, though, and meeting him now would serve as ample compensation. Gainer’s glad to hear that and they both hope to see each other soon.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 9, 2016

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Since we’ve this few units in our group, everyone’s getting auto-deployed.
Mind, since so many people stayed behind, don’t be afraid to share Boosters/Megaboosters around as not everyone has Accel/Boost.

We find Renton, pondering how he didn't have a plan when he left, only the desire to get as far away as possible.
He's now learned something important: when he was with ZEUTH, he wasn't alone. He's got no idea what to do now, but his train of thought is interrupted:

: What’s wrong, kid? You a runaway…?
: (Is that a woman talking…?)
: Don’t have anywhere to go? Wanna tag along with me?
: Really? Can I?!

: ‘Course. Just leave it all to me.
: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: I’m the wily Greta Karas. Taking care of another kid or two’ll be no problem at all.
: Heeeey…now that I got a better look, you’re actually kinda cute. Hee hee…quite the nice catch, if I do say so myself.
: S-s-sorry but I really gotta go! E-e-excuse meeeee!!
: Oi! Hold on, boy!
: D-don’t eat me! I’ll taste awful, I swear!!

*Renton runs off…no respect.*

Renton seems to have lost Greta but quickly starts to wonder if the woman might’ve legit been trying to help him…if so, he was downright rude back then. In his distraction, though, he ends up bumping right into Enil who chides him for not looking where he’s going.
Renton quickly apologizes and, once again blushing, realizes that this time he ran into a much prettier woman – mind, his most pressing concern is inwardly noting how “soft” she was during their encounter. Either way, she quickly tags him as a runaway and, figuring it might’ve been more than just a coincidence for them to meet like this, offers to treat him to lunch.

Renton’s just finished telling her his story and thanks her for listening on top of buying the food. With that done, Enil wishes him good luck and hopes that he finds whatever it is he’s searching for.
Renton is a bit surprised that she’s got nothing else to add and she ask if he was expecting her to hand down some sagely advice. Sadly, no, as there wouldn’t be a whole lot of point to his running away if she just gave him the answer, right?
As long as he looks at life like a kid, he'll never be able to accomplish much. Or did he want her to assure him that everyone would welcome him back if he went straight home right now?

Nope, that's genuine anger in his eyes, and Enil's glad to see that, if anything, he still has some of his inner fire remaining. When Renton asks why she bothered talking to him, Enil muses it must be some mixture of boredom, curiosity, and pure happenstance.
This makes Renton even angrier since he was being sincere when confiding in her, and she apologizes.

Enil adds that she sees a bit of her old self in him and, while she won’t go into details, tells him not to end up like her.
She addresses him by his name before walking off and, fate willing, hopes to see him again. Renton can only wonder how she knew his name, considering he never gave it…actually, he swears he’s heard her voice before.

He’s interrupted by an outburst of feedback from the park's PA system - Charles apologizes, and explains that he's helping run an outdoor dance event.
He decides to switch it up a bit by playing the hottest coolest song in the Siberian scene – Meeya’s own single. Renton quickly remembers Rand having a CD with this song and Charles is rather impressed that he knows it but it doesn’t seem the tune has clicked with the crowd around here.

Charles asks if Renton’s from Siberia and he replies that, while he was there, now he's just traveling here and there on his board. Charles rather likes the idea of travelling in search of good Trapar waves and just doing your thing…aah, youth.
Charles quickly introduces himself to the confused kid and teases the kid when he stammers his name as “Re-Renton”. Renton is rather silent but not because he’s miffed at the teasing – it’s just been too long since he’s heard someone sound so happy.

Garrod shows up right then, having finally found Renton – he tells how everyone was worried about him and asks him to come back. Renton says he can’t, though, and Garrod tells him to just ignore whatever Holland might say about it.
That gets Charles' attention, but Renton tells Garrod that it'd be too pathetic for him to get hauled back home just now, without having accomplished anything on his own.

Sure, he first ran away because of the mess with Eureka, but he feels he's got to somehow make more out of it.
Charles praises the kid for his spunk, brushing aside Garrod's protest that this doesn't concern him – for these two people to just randomly meet in this crazy world, it’s gotta be fate! That said, he’ll need to excuse himself for a bit to check on what seems to be a fight starting.

We find Pala, telling a couple of Breakers to take a hike. They’ve noticed that she’s not from around here and offer to show her around.
In that case, she tells them to point her towards the Argama as she needs to get there ASAP.

Neither of the Breakers have ever heard of it and Ray quickly shows up to tell them to quit bothering the girl. They yell that this ain’t her problem but, as she’s the event’s promoter, it actually is.
While people hitting on people is par for the course at a parties like this, lowlifes like them aren’t allowed. The Breakers know her words are on the money but that certainly doesn’t make them willing to put up with it!

Before it comes to blows, Charles steps in and offers to “dance” with them in his wife’s stead – mind, it’d be best if they ran off to avoid getting hurt. The Breakers realize this ain’t your average joe but proud members of the Karas gang aren’t to be trifled with, either!
They turn their sights on Pala and while Charles tries getting her to run, Garrod jumps right in and decks one of them – “Going after the girl, eh? Then you’ll need to deal with Mr. Awesome himself, Garrod Ran, first, creeps!” he yells.

The other Breaker tries going after Ray and off goes Renton, tackling the guy – Charles approves. The Breakers are now outnumbered so they run off with the usual promise to REMEMBER THIS! :argh:
With the mooks gone, the party can go without a hitch and Ray tells everyone to have a good time after switching the music back to Meeya’s song. Pala thanks Garrod for the assist, annoyed that she would’ve been able to handle those guys if she wasn’t still unaccustomed to Earth’s gravity.

When Garrod asks, she introduces herself as Pala Sys and adds that she’s only just recently broke through the Rivalry Zones and made landfall.
Nearby, Renton’s feeling the effects of his shenanigans but Ray helps him up and thanks for helping her out – Charles also adds his appreciation as her husband. They exchange quick introductions but the party’s once again interrupted as the Breakers return with Walker Machines and start shooting…

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 18, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Aren't you overreacting a little Renton.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo Pala. What's wrong with her face?!?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, unfortunately this game leaves out one key music track from E7. This is what would have been playing in the show instead of Meeya's Song. I can sort of see why Z1 doesn't have this song (the song length should give you an idea why it wasn't included), but it is too good to not include in some fashion.

Folks, I give you Charles' favorite song, Get It By Your Hands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T9Yygju9IY

Also, fun trivia: the backdrop is indeed taken from the first episode where we meet Charles and Ray. Renton himself is sitting on the right side in front of the DJ table (unfortunately, Renton isn't in the backdrop here) when the above song plays, too.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

So, unfortunately this game leaves out one key music track from E7. This is what would have been playing in the show instead of Meeya's Song. I can sort of see why Z1 doesn't have this song (the song length should give you an idea why it wasn't included), but it is too good to not include in some fashion.

Aye, they've Storywriter set as their regular BGM but I figured I'd put that BGM during their events and attacks. Can't do anything about the videos but, at least, you'll get your dose of Ray and Charles' tune! :rock:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Brunom1 posted:

Charles asks if Renton’s from Siberia and he replies that, while he was there, now he's just traveling here and there on his board; Charles rather likes the idea of travelling in search of good Trapar waves and just doing your thing…aah, youth.

Ramba Ral is by far the best character in Eureka 7.

Ashram
Oct 20, 2013
To this day I can't believe Pala and Garrod are the same age...

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So if you got another Xabungle... who would you put in it?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Glazius posted:

The second Xabungle is actually a thing in the show, I think by the time Jiron gets his Walker Gallier just about everyone goes in and out as they please. Rag, Chil, and Elchi are usually the ones seen in it, I don't remember if Elchi can go in a WM in this game.

They're not really all that special - it's why the Innocent hands them out here and there. I'm pretty sure they're along the lines of slightly fancy construction equipment and are for all intents and purposes equivalent to sending bulldozers and diggers on the frontlines of a modern war. It's just that the Iron Gear crew are so crazy cool that they actually end up surprisingly effective.

And yeah Pala has a severe case of 90s-face. I thought she was like 12 the first time she showed up in Alpha Gaiden (but really I was way more focused on how the Macross guys were finally back, jeez what the hell took them so long)

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

Chil, she has the best cut-in if I remember correctly.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Glazius posted:

Probably Dike. Honestly you get another Walker Machine off a different thing that invalidates a second Xabungle.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Mission 33 (Renton Route) - Lonely Runaway

One of the two Breakers is happy to wreck the whole place but the other wonders if this isn’t a bit too much just to get some payback...nope, that’s just how this world is, so they might as well let loose and have fun!
With that in mind, Rand and the others figure they won’t complain if we kick their asses. Charles rather impressed at Renton’s posse and Jiron tells Garrod and the others to pull back while we deal with the Breakers.

Garrod’s about to grab Pala but notices that she’s already gone – either way, Ray and Charles thank us and run off.
The Breakers wonder if we’re the resident champions of justice or whatever but, nope, Kei and Gain say that the world probably sees us as exactly the opposite, much to Löwen’s dismay. Mel tells him to relax as he’ll get used to it soon enough (he thinks to Edel that he might’ve made a mistake coming with this pack).
Either way, Jiron calls everyone to take these mooks to task for attacking the town – no need to hold back after that.

Mission Objective: Shoot down everything
Mission Failure: Any allied unit shot down
Skill Point: Clear the mission within four turns

Eeeergh, quick warning: I had to give up on this Skill Point. Not because it’s difficult but because we’ll have a secret requirement coming ahead and I had to prioritize it (and I didn’t feel like redoing the whole mission :effort: ).
The secret’ll require you to hold back while killing as people will need to be fed kills and that becomes a problem when the AI refuses to cooperate and attack the right person; if you don’t care, then it’s not hard to blitz through all the weak-rear end Breakers (some are using Trads!).
If you do care about the secret, kill only enough Breakers to trigger the events and then just dodge and defend to give the kills to those who’ll need it.

With that in mind, let’s start tearing through them.

Close but meleeing still isn’t Gain’s thing…so, Jiron pops by him and finishes the job.

Everyone else moves forward and that’s that.

Enemy Phase!

Gain and Kei each take a kill as they’re attacked by a handful of Breakers. Most are still getting closer.

Player Phase!

An unknown flying unit enters the area but it’s not a Breaker: it’s Pala and she’s here to help us.
Garrod soon enters the area, surprised to see her in that jet-like unit and she quickly notices that his Gundam seems to be UNE-made. Once he confirms, she offers to give him a power boost in order to get some payback from the Breakers.
What she does is combine her jet with the DX and, when Garrod asks, she explains these G-Falcon jets were created during the war 15 years ago as support units to the Gundams – since the DX was based on the GX, Rand sees how it was able to combine like that.

As for why she's flying such a thing, she says she’s an AEUG member - they can discuss the details later, though. One last detail is that the G-Falcon can act as an energy pack for the Satellite Cannon which will shorten its charge time.
That sounds great for Garrod and he sets out to teach these mooks a lesson.

I forgot to take a picture of the G-Falcon solo but, truth be told, this is pretty much the only form you’ll see:

Gundam DX + G-Falcon (Garrod Ran / Pala Sys)
Pilot Skills:
  • Prevail L5
  • Support Defense L3
  • Morale+ Hit
Spirit Commands:
    Accelerate
  • Focus
  • Alert
Squad Leader Bonus: Squad Movement Range +1
Pala’s Voice Actress: Miki Nagasawa (other know works: Izumi in Nadesico, Maya Ibuki in Evangelion, Judy in Cowboy Bebop and several others)

And Garrod found himself a nice SP/Satellite Cannon battery. Pala is there to pretty much make the DX better in every way, shortening the Satellite Cannon charge to 3 turns, giving him access to Focus and Accel and a post-movement ALL attack.
Mind, you can’t deploy the DX auto-docked with the G-Falcon – you need to set her up as a squaddie and do it in-battle – so you should make sure to spend Garrod’s TRI shots as you can’t use those until you separate them.
As a unit, the G-Falcon is nothing to write home about but it does share upgrades with the DX, has a post-movement ALL (TRI is pre-movement) and that added movement from Pala’s leader bonus could be helpful in a pinch.

Alright, get crackin’.

Good, good.

Löwen weakens a Dagger nicely and Rand cleans up right after.

Shouldn’t have done this as it’s what’ll eventually screw me out of the Skill Point. Best to ignore the farthest Government mooks unless you’re using a high-movement unit that can get out of dodge quickly.

Regardless, Kei wrecks it quite easily.

Mel detects other things coming but Rand’s not worried that any random thugs’ll be able to stand up to us. These ain’t random thugs, though, as they’re bringing a flying mech.
Indeed, they’ve a Doran Walker Machine, a model Jiron and company haven’t seen since the fall of the Innocent. That’s because it’s Greta’s classic model and Jiron yells that the widow’s shown her face once again (much to her annoyance).
Kejinan and Enge are with her, begging Greta not to lose their troops before they even join up with the main group. They want to run away but she yells at them both to grow a pair, asking if they didn’t hired the Karas gang precisely to fight us? Then they oughta just wrap things up right now!

She picks Garrod as her first target, surprising the kid with her flying unit – it might be a Walker Machine but that don’t mean it needs to be land-bound.
Pala quite pissed at the old cow for blind-siding them and Greta’s all the more willing to show her glamour of a mature, passionate woman…

That is, until Enil shows up and blows her away from the DX. She’s here to lend a hand by way of repaying Garrod for what she’s done - the kid tells her not to sweat it as she’s already done a lot for us, though.
Enil doesn’t quite feel like she’s done enough to make things even but Rand tells her friends don’t need to worry about stuff like that – Enil’s a bit miffed that she can’t seem to be more than that to Garrod.

While Kei sings the kid’s praises for catching the eye of a babe like Enil, Greta is left fuming at yet another little girl messing with her.
Enil objects that, while she’s had her share of amorous problems, she’s not quite a “little girl” like Pala…that said, she’s not a hag way past her prime either ( :iceburn: ). After calming an annoyed Pala down, Garrod hopes no one has a problem with Enil tagging along and, indeed, everyone’s fine with it considering he’s vouching for her.
So, Garrod extends her a warm welcome to the team and, inwardly, Enil offers her thanks.

Greta’s had enough and orders a full attack, including the Siberian Rail’s “gremlin” and “eye-patch guy”. Enge’s already preparing himself for another beatdown but Kejinan’s sure things will turn around someday (even Gain’s feeling a bit sorrow for those two).
Greta’s about to make them kids regret looking down on her but two voices say she’ll be the one doing the regretting.

This music isn’t really in the game but it’s pretty much Ray and Charles’ special tune, so I figured it was needed.

: More of them?!
: Hold on! I think it’s that couple from before!
: You got that right, kid. Sorry we’re late!
: It took a whole lot of effort to put that party together. We’re here to pay them back in full for messing it up.
: Hey, those are some pretty cool looking KLFs!
: Thanks, bud. These are our pride and joy: the Spearheads!
: Rrgh! It’s one thing after another with these people! We’re going all-out, then!
: Heads up, people! The hag’s boiling mad!
: Alright, Kei…get in there and take care of the old lady!
: Eergh…I’ve no problem with older women but I avoid the crazies as a general rule. Gain, you’re up!
: Sorry but…my rifle’s not made to target ladies.
: Come on, hotshot! You can’t be picky!
: I’m not – I just have more refined tastes than that. :iceburn:
: You sons of…! Those big mouths of yours need a whoopin’!
: Um...don’t you think you taunted her a bit too much...?
: Don’t worry! That’s just how we do battle!
: Ah…?
: Alrighty, let’s get going! This whole area’s gonna be our dance floor!

:siren: Secret Alert! :siren:
    Eureka Seven Secret – 2nd Point: Ray and Charles must get 10 kills between each other.

Yeah, this is the problem part. If you wanna pull this off and get the skill point, you need to get your units FAR away from whatever Breakers are left in this initial group so they’ll go after Ray and Charles (who have incredibly low priority of the AI – if there’s anyone else in range, they’ll go for them).
Park them in the middle of the mooks, pull everyone else away and watch as they get wrecked one after the other.
Not complicated but, as I mentioned above, going in too deep to hunt the farthest mooks can mean your mechs won’t be able to outrun the Breakers and, thus, they’ll ignore our two friends.

Now, let’s take a look at our happy couple:

Spearheads (Ray and Charles Beams)
Pilot Skills – Charles:
  • Lift Technique L6
  • Counter L5
  • Support Defend L4
  • Morale+ Hit
  • Predict
Spirit Commands – Charles:
  • Focus
  • Accel
  • Analyze
  • Invincible
Pilot Skills – Ray
  • Lift Technique L6
  • Backup Attack
  • Support Defend L4
  • Morale+ Dodge
  • Guard
Spirit Commands – Ray
  • Focus
  • Accel
  • Cheer
  • Bless[

Ray and Charles’ Squad Leader Bonus: +20% attack power against flying enemies
Charles’ voice actor: Juurouta Kosugi (other known works: Henken on Zeta Gundam, Jotaro Kujo in a ‘90s Jojo OVA and many others)
Ray’s voice actress: Aya Hisakawa (other known works: Skuld in Ah, My Goddess, Sailor Mercury in Sailor Moon and many others)

These two are actually pretty dang good – they’re quite dodgy, have a real high chance of getting critical hits because of Lift Technique and pack a natural S rank in Air.
Their TRI attack also has surprisingly long range, despite not being post-movement (they’re flying solo, though).

And for Ray’s first trick, she’ll make this Trad disappear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czwjQCua1d0
Charles follows it up by doing the same to the nearby Caprico.

Jiron and Enil start heading towards Greta’s group and that’s that.

Enemy Phase!

Kei’s raw magnetism draws the attention of four breakers – this one Caprico could stand to lose a bit of health, though.

Finally the last one decided to go after Charles.

Not enough to kill a full-health Promeus though.

This last Galapagos trades blows with Rand.

As the reinforcements start drawing closer, Greta actually gets just in range of Jiron.

: Been a long time, Greta! I guess you didn’t find a nice man even after we let you go, huh?
: 'Course not. There ain’t a man alive that can fill the shoes of the late Karas Karas!
: Liar! I bet everyone just ran for the hills whenever they saw you coming!
: That does it, shrimp! Ya'll really are just a bunch of rascals!
: Well, you’re not our favorite person either! I’m ending this relationship of ours right here and now!

Hey, I didn’t think that’d hit!

Player Phase!

Just remembered we never looked at Greta, so let’s do that:

Doran (Greta Karas)
Pilot Skills:
  • Prevail L7
  • Counter L6
  • Resolve
  • Battle Spirit
  • Morale+ (Damage)
Squad Leader Bonus: Squad’s attack power +40%
Greta’s Voice Actress: Kazue Komiya (other known works: Kyoko Otowa in Ace wo Nerae, Wheelie in Transformers: the Movie (the ‘80s one) and a few others)

Greta’s the second most dangerous Xabungle enemy, losing only to Timp; she’s all about busting high-power attacks and can get high morale quickly but the problem is that, despite her high Prevail, her Doran is just too fragile.
She’s a bit dodgy but not too much, so take her out quickly before she has a chance to get a clean hit on someone.

Ray and Charles each pick a side and take down a target – they’ve four kills total now.

As everyone starts heading towards Greta’s group, Enil gets close enough to aim at a Dogozzo.

Alright, alright.

Finally, Gain and Jiron each take shots against the two Galapagos, leaving them very damaged.

Enemy Phase!

While every Breaker on Ray’s side chooses to attack Kei, Löwen and Rand, Jiron is being the magnet on Charles’ area.
A total of three mooks go after him, granting one kill.

And here comes Enge, gunning for Gain.

: Come ON! Why can’t we catch a break?! How did we run into Black Southern Cross even here?!
: I guess fate just keeps drawing us together. Best to just accept it, man.
: I can’t have my pay reduced anymore! If that’s how it’s gonna be, then I’m pulling all the stops!

Still not a threat.

Meanwhile, Kejinan’s also chosen to attack Jiron.

: Even without the snow and railroads, the Siberian Rail is still going strong!
: I refuse to die until I’m sitting right in the President’s chair!!

Hey, you actually did stuff – that’s a step in the right direction!
Greta also trades blows with Jiron.

Enil takes down one of the weakened Galapagos and the triggers Gain’s OverSkill.

Player Phase!

As everyone else moves away, Ray gets in a position that would, theoretically, allow her to kill all Breakers around her.

Easy.

Charles will also take whatever’s close on the other front.

: One thing leads to another and we’ve another battle in our hands… Still, beating these guys should help boost my evaluation!
: My frustration over all that happened in Siberia will fuel my promotion!

:byewhore:

Enge’s not happy that things are still turning out like this even after he finally got reassigned – just how crappy can his life possibly get?

Alright, let’s have Enil contribute with Greta.

: Here’s what you get for butting in!
: You’re also a woman who’s chosen to live by herself, hm…?
: I’m faithful to my husband, even in death! I’m a hardcore widow, you know!
: You’re a good woman. If anything, you've my respect…

Let’s take it slow – there are plenty of people with things to say.

Next up is Garrod and I might as well show his new ALL attack; following that, Löwen will finish the job.

: Hey, boy! Gimme another of those lovely screams of yours!
: You’re sick, granny! And you ain’t getting lucky again!
: Aah, the boast of a young man… irresistible! Just listening to it gives me goosebumps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r70wVom43c

: S-stay away! I’ll shoot!
: Aw, how cute! You’re afraid of pretty, little me?
: I’m not sure if this is because she’s a woman or because she’s so cutthroat…
: E-either way, I just can’t handle people like her!

You seem to be handling her well enough.

I was trying to rush things, so didn’t quite have an opportunity to have everyone attack her – here are the lines I skipped over:

: Do it, Darling! Smack that old lady!
: Hey…aren’t you that famous “The Crusher” fella?
: Well, what a surprise. I heard you were a good man but didn’t think you’d be traveling with your wife!
: Whoa, whoa! Don’t go jumping to conclusions!
: I was married once, so I’ll take it easy on you lovebirds.
: You’re…nicer than I thought, ma’am!
: Whose side are you on, Mel?!
: Haha…you two are pretty hot! I’m getting a bit fired up myself!
: She even stole my quirk!

: Treat an adult as a kid and you’re gonna have a bad time, granny!
: And only a brat would call a mature woman “granny”!
: Say what?! Any way you slice it, you’re a granny and that’s fact!

: Well, well…to think there’d be such a nice piece of man in a place like this! I’m a whole lot more motivated now!
: You honor me, madam. But, sadly, I’m taken…so I can’t allow you to beat me!
: Oooh, wild yet civilized! I like it! Not a common type!
: Ah, crap…! My jive backfired!

: I don’t care much for your cheekiness but you’re a nice man!
: Hey, I won’t say no to compliments! Thanks!
: Now, gimme your best scream! There won’t be a whole lot of point in beating you up if you don’t!
: I take it back! This broad’ll be trouble if I don’t take her seriously!

: Alright! How about we show this outlaw how the Beams do battle!
: You got it, Charles! She’ll regret wrecking our party!
: What, you’re married? Showing off to the widow, are you?!
: But my hubby’s always with me in spirit, so I won’t be beaten!

Her Doran can’t handle anymore but, as she runs off, Greta promises to pay us back for this the next time we meet.
She was stronger than Chil remembers and Jiron figures her strength must be grow along with her age.

Quickly, Rand smacks Kejinan around some…

And I try to see if Gain can wrap this up.

: I knew it - it’s you! The Black Southern Cross!
: Huh, the Siberian Rail’s goblin? Didn’t expect to see you in a place like this.
: Zip it! Thanks to your Exodus, I got a double-whammy of demotion and pay cut!
: But today’s curtains for you! I’ll be getting my revenge way ahead of blondie!

Close but no cigar…

Enemy Phase!

And all the Breakers on Ray’s side gun for her – there’s only one more kill needed to fulfill the secret…

And this little sumbitch would rather try a 2% hit on Kei than play ball. Had I given him more movement or not sent him so deep into enemy lines, this could’ve been avoided… :rant: x10

Fine. Secrets take priority and, honestly, you can afford to lose a handful of skill points and still get everything.

Jiron and Kei down all but one of the remaining mooks and Gain finishes Kejinan off.

He knows Timp, still the “special advisor”, is going to give him hell because of this...

Player Phase!

You little assholes…DIE!

There, both the remaining mooks get downed by Ray and Charles and we’re done.

The bad guys got what they deserved, but Ray’s dejected that their planned party is still wrecked; no problem, Charles tells Ray: as long as there's music and Lifting in the world, their journey won't be over.
Rand compliments them on their skills and asks if they’re Federation soldiers – nope, they’re freelancers. Gain is quite impressed with their moves and Charles says it’s due to a love of ad-libbing but, regardless, they owe us one for today.
Garrod tells them not to sweat it, and the two fly off, having found new brothers and sisters.
That kind of easygoing attitude is precisely what, in Rand’s opinion, Lifters are supposed to be like, Holland to the contrary. Speaking of, Renton seems to have run off again in all the chaos...

Nearby, Garrod has just given Pala the rundown on the mess the Argama has been doing on Zaft’s orders - as unbelievable as it sounds, we saw it all over the UN. Seems to us that, having been assimilated in Zaft, our other half will now do anything their superiors command.
Granted, orders or no, neither Kei nor anyone here can condone such actions.
Pala was afraid of this and, when Garrod asks what’s going on in space, she tells of her fight against the Space Revolutionary Army as part of a group called Satellicon. These are the same colony-based revolutionaries that battled the UNE fifteen years ago (Jamil’s former enemies, in other words).

It seems the only real lesson they learned is that they can't win a head-to-head war with the Earth. Instead, they've taken their act underground where it can grow more dangerous and terroristic.
Pala has no love for the antics of the New Earth Federation, but she fears that letting the revolutionaries run riot could be even worse - as events fifteen years ago proved. That's why she joined the AEUG, and she was supposed to be headed to the Argama as reinforcements when she got caught up in a high-altitude battle and lost sight of the ship.

Gain tells that, from what we’ve heard, they’re currently in western Galia – will she head there? No, if the Argama really has become Zaft's tool, she figures there's no further point in trying to reach it: her superiors were also worried that there were people within Zaft who, like the revolutionaries, are fomenting the war with Earth.
If she has no place to go, then Garrod's more than happy to give her a place to stay – plus, her G-Falcon was also quite handy.

With that done, Enil wants to know what Garrod wants to do regarding Renton and Jiron wonders if he’s likely to come home. Honestly, Garrod thinks it’s not and, even if they forced him back, Renton would just run off again.
Mel wonders if it’s because he hates us but, rather, Garrod thinks he left the Gekko to search for something and knows from personal experience that he'll never be at peace back home until he finds it.

Gain recommends leaving him alone in that case, since it sounds like he's actually got a decent reason for running away - if it was just fear of Holland, he'd have dragged Renton home even if it meant a rope around his neck.
But, from what Garrod’s proposed, it seems to Rand that the kid’s giving this a whole lot of thought, so getting in his way would be a real rotten thing to do (Pala is taken aback by how stifling Earth’s men are). Jiron likes it, hopeful that Renton can find his something and come back a big enough man to stick it to Holland.

Indeed, Kei makes Mel promise to take a picture if the day comes for the great Holland to apologize to a kid. With that done, Rand figures we could do like Renton and enjoy our brief moment of freedom a bit longer before returning.
Pala's surprised that the group is this seemingly unfocused, but Löwen tells her that that's just how it goes (and he’s long since given up on trying to change it).

Enil says Pala could always take off if she doesn’t like our group but, no, she’s determined to go on as Garrod’s support and Löwen’s quickly getting fidgety as their argument starts getting too close to him.
What Kei and Gain find interesting is that Garrod now has at least three women vying for his attention: Enil, Pala, and Tifa. Garrod's attention, though, is elsewhere with Renton: he really hopes that he can find what he's looking for and not just end up a defeated dog.

Back to Renton, Charles quickly finds him at the local arcade – seems like runaway kids always run to these places. Either way, Ray wants to thank him for his earlier help and, as such, he invites Renton over to their place.
The kid’s a bit hesitant but Charles knows that he probably can’t afford anything decent to eat after running away – wouldn’t it be much better to join them and taste some of Ray’s heavenly food? Charles himself would also like him to join them and, after thinking a bit, Renton agrees.

As expected, Timp isn’t happy to hear of all the troops Enge and Kejinant lost on the way to the rendezvous. They beg his forgiveness, blaming both Greta and the fact that the combined team of Black Southern Cross, The Crusher and melonhead” is still so very strong.
Timp tells them to save their excuses to Kashimir, whose ultra-strict evaluations they've already been victims of - at this rate, the two men fear their pay will be cut so low they won't even have money for food.
They get aid from an unlikely source: Greta, who actually accepts responsibility for the mess and promises to make up for the reduced firepower herself.

Timp likes her attitude, which is why he scouted her in the first place. She asks if he wants to end Jiron himself, but Timp claims he doesn't get hangups like that (unlike her or Hola). Kids told him to crush those responsible for the Yapan's Ceiling's Exodus, and he plans to do it by striking the main ZEUTH force.
Thus, he’ll leave her and Asuham (:allears:) in charge of dealing with Jiron and his buddies.

Asuham proclaims that Greta and her posse will fight under his command and she’s rather surprised that a youngster like him’ll be leading.
Asuham isn’t in the mood for her snide remarks, though, saying that he’s dedicated all that he is towards a single goal – killing the Black Southern Cross! If anything, Greta can see how dead-serious he is and, truth be told, she’s always liked passionate men.

Just then Hola brings in some of Asuham's additional help: Beck, amused to see the old Saint Reagan commander now working for the Siberian Rail.
That said, Asuham is not one to be picky about his methods or his situation – so long as he reaches his goal, everything is acceptable. That sounds excellent to Beck, who’s glad to work together with the guy again.
Asuham’s will be counting on the guy and Beck says he’s picked up a shiny new mech and is eager to give us a warm welcome with it.

Still, Timp tells Asuham to watch it as he'd be a real laughingstock if he blew it with a lineup this strong.
Asuham cares not for Timp’s worries, vowing to stake everything on the next battle. With that done, Timp wishes the FORMER elite soldier good luck and prepares to return to something called Agate Crystal…

: (Just you wait, Gain… I’ve given up my position in Saint Reagan just to chase you down...)
: (And soon…I’ll make you painfully aware of both the weight of Karin’s grief and just how implacable I can be!!)

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 18, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

For shame Brunom.

For shame. :colbert:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I noticed this in the W LP too: it looks like every instance of 'search for' has been replaced with 'replace with'. Pressing enter a bit too early on that function? ^^

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

I noticed this in the W LP too: it looks like every instance of 'search for' has been replaced with 'replace with'. Pressing enter a bit too early on that function? ^^

drat it! Yes, program I use to replace portraits does that sometimes...didn't notice it here.

It's fixed - thanks.

Dr Pepper posted:

For shame Brunom.

Hey, I could've gotten it if only the AI wasn't such a dick to chance a 2% hit just to spite me!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 22, 2015

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Dr Pepper posted:

For shame Brunom.

Great shame.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The DX+G-Falcon is one of those things that looks waaaaay better in SD proportions.

It just looks kind of silly at the regular scale... mostly because unlike what SRW might have you think, it's not supposed to be used like this.

It's true that the G-Falcon serves as an extra energy bank for the DX, and I guess it could theoretically reduce the time needed to charge the Twin Satellite Cannon... but as is the DX only needs like three seconds. Literally the entire point of the DX was to fire the Satellite Cannon faster, so all the G-Falcon actually does for it is let it fire the cannons like normal beam rifles. Something it never actually does because, and you may have started to realize this, Banpresto doesn't really get the Gundam X units.

Whenever the DX combined with the G-Falcon in the actual show, it was to transform into a mobile armor to get around space faster (and re-enter the atmosphere). Hell I think it only uses the more humanoid configuration a whopping once, and that was because they had to brake.

Incidentally, this combination looks hilarious from underneath.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

I'm honestly amazed that the configuration is present at all in Z given that it was barely in X to begin with. It showed up just before the series got cut short and had little screen time.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dr. Snark posted:

I'm honestly amazed that the configuration is present at all in Z given that it was barely in X to begin with. It showed up just before the series got cut short and had little screen time.
I think part of the reason the G-Falcon gets included is for a few purposes:

1. Get Garrod a sub-pilot (that's not tied to insane secret requirements) to cover the spirit commands he doesn't get.
2. An optional upgrade for not only Garrod, but also for Roybea and Witz (since the G-Falcon can dock with both Airmaster and Leopard), in case you want to use those two and have them sort of keep up with the others.
3. The Satellite Cannon boosts, plus the other benefits (at least in this game) that come with the combined form.
4. Extra pilot/unit for the overall roster. In Z1, Pala becomes even more useful because she's got Accel, making her good squaddie material.

Admittedly, the big drawback is that you can't dock the G-Falcon and the DX in the intermissions/setup phase. So, you have to either burn a deployment slot for Pala, or reduce a squad to two people mid-battle just to gain all of those benefits.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

I think part of the reason the G-Falcon gets included is for a few purposes:

2. An optional upgrade for not only Garrod, but also for Roybea and Witz (since the G-Falcon can dock with both Airmaster and Leopard), in case you want to use those two and have them sort of keep up with the others.

Sadly, no, the G-Falcon can only dock with the DX (unlike the show) in this game.

Actually, has there ever been an SRW where you could combine it with the Airmaster or Leopard?

Edit: vvv You could combine them in Alpha Gaiden?! :stare:

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 23, 2015

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Sadly, no, the G-Falcon can only dock with the DX (unlike the show) in this game.

Actually, has there ever been an SRW where you could combine it with the Airmaster or Leopard?
Alpha Gaiden and R. My post was a general overview of why the G-Falcon gets included, so I added in the few non-Z1 stuff.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

R is probably the best showing for Gundam X, if only because of the G-Bit Satellite Cannon.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
The bit with Greta, Rand, and Mel is great. I'm pretty sure Asakim's the only villain who's ever put him more off-balance. :allears:

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

NotALizardman posted:

R is probably the best showing for Gundam X, if only because of the G-Bit Satellite Cannon.

That and cause the Airmaster and Leopard are actually good in that game. If it hadn't been for the Shuffle Alliance they'd have been end game units for me.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The Siberian Rail people are all just completely bonkers, aren't they?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Glazius posted:

The Siberian Rail people are all just completely bonkers, aren't they?

Are we talking in tone, or apparent plans? Have I missed their own stake in attempting to manipulate space time or otherwise conquer the planet with :pseudo: ?

Siberian Rail, please hire Hola on a permanent basis TIA.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
That reminds me - a thing I noticed is that there is really strong setting establishment in King Gainer, Turn A, Big O, and Xabungle that all work together very nicely and would all be fairly believable taking place in one world - hell in three of them domed cities are very explicitly a major thing that people live in because the world's gone to crap. But it seems like here in Z none of those are actually related to each other and in general they're kind of the B-side to the story which in general seems much more heavily focused on SEED Destiny, Eureka 7, and Orguss.

I just find it odd because it's definitely not the way of crossover worldbuilding that seems most obvious to do from my perspective. Possibly because the thing I am writing has all four of those and Orguss (mostly II-focused though, the ongoings of Orguss happened way in the past and Kei only shows up because the main villain is screwing around with a spacetime oscillation bomb) and very definitely has that more scavenging world focused setting, so :v:

But then we're only less than halfway through and I'm pretty sure Big O stuff gets more relevant later on, so maybe I am just jumping the gun on observation! There is definitely shenanigans going on here so I am probably getting antsy about it being unraveled. ^^

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

That reminds me - a thing I noticed is that there is really strong setting establishment in King Gainer, Turn A, Big O, and Xabungle that all work together very nicely and would all be fairly believable taking place in one world - hell in three of them domed cities are very explicitly a major thing that people live in because the world's gone to crap. But it seems like here in Z none of those are actually related to each other and in general they're kind of the B-side to the story which in general seems much more heavily focused on SEED Destiny, Eureka 7, and Orguss.

Paradigm City's dome notwithstanding (it IS in a completely separate world), the Siberian and Innocent domes ARE related to each other somewhat.

As we've heard from Diana and and the Xabungle folk (who heard it from Arthur Rank), there was a huge cataclysm during the Black History which left the world all sorts of messed up.

This is what prompted the creation of those domes.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
By what I remember, some kind of disaster up in Siberia caused them to abort their genetic engineering project and forced the Siberian Innocent to bring their experimental subjects inside the domes for protection, where the two groups eventually integrated. The dire conditions outside meant that the Siberian Rail was the only means of traveling between domes, which made them absurdly powerful, and now that things are livable again they're going completely bugnuts trying to hold on to their crumbling power-base.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So basically, we're still supposed to head towards Gibraltar to meet with Durandal, but ZAFT has been seeing mysterious explosions around this territory with several victims and no obvious cause - and they have cause to suspect that they are not the work of earthly technology.
Could the aliens be trying to throw society into chaos with all this?

Heizaemon and Bright decide to split up, Super teams and Gundam, since our enemies are aliens and Feds respectively. But what about Setsuko?
Seems to Bright that she’s somewhat recovered from her trauma but there are still lingering mental wounds that have yet to fully heal; neither she nor Löwen can decide which group to go with, so Bright decides to make the decision for them.
Whichever way Setsuko goes, Heizaemon sees that her sorrow’s what’s driving her to fight and he hopes she won’t lose sight of herself because of it.

:siren:Secret Alert!:siren:

There are, in fact, secrets tied to both route picks. The Border Patrol Route can further you along a Zambot 3 themed secret, however if you've managed to get the Zambot 3 secret points on Missions 7, 8, and 15, you are already a shoe in for the secret. On the other hand, the Gibraltar Base route has a secret that can only be gotten by taking it. So in general people pick the Gibraltar Base route. I will, of course, be showing off both rotues though.

Choose the Border Patrol route and Bright says a lot of eyes are turning towards Gibraltar and he thinks it’d be best if Setsuko not worry about that for now; that works for Heizaemon as Umie and Hanae are also worried about the girl.

Choose the Gibraltar route and Bright says Emma, Reccoa, Lunamaria and friends are all worried about Setsuko and he thinks it’d be best to let her friends watch over her.

With that done, both captains wish each other well and, if Heizaemon finds anything, he’ll get in touch ASAP. He’d also like Bright to send his best regards to Durandal.

In Setsuko’s room…

: Hm…? There’s something on the table?

Runa(Hidden/Tape Recording): Setsuko, we all got together and baked you some chocolate cookies.

Leele (ditto): They say it’s good to eat sweets when you’re worn out, so we put in plenty of sugar.

Maria (ditto): We made a lot of them, so eat as many as you want.

: Thanks, guys…

*Munch.*

: Huh...

: It’s not sweet…? No, it doesn’t have any taste at all…

: My sense of taste…is gone…?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Setsuko Route (Border Patrol) Chapter 33 Prologue

Last time on Super Robot Wars Z: The Virgola Glory was born... through the power of Setsuko's Sadness. :smith: Now we're off onto the Border Patrol Route! The routesplit within a routesplit isn't very long, only 3 stages. Also, Setsuko's sense of taste is gone. That can't be good.

Anyways, this route is "Non-Canon" for the LP, if you will. I'm not going to be continuing past it once I finish it. Thus, I just throw a bunch of cash at my squad-leaders and buy whatever skills look neat at the moment. No need to keep track of the Top Aces at the moment either (Spoilers: it's going to be Setsuko)

I do decide to have some fun this stage. As such, Jun gets the Great for this one.

And Boss gets the Mazinger Z. :getin:

• Jun, Maria
  • Boss, Tetsuya
  • Toga, Kouji
  • Toshiya, Sayaka
  • Setsuko, Löwen

I don't have enough units to even make full Squads! Oh well.

Location: North Ameria – New Earth Federation HQ – Sage Council

This is pretty much the same scene from Rand’s mission 30 but with some lines changed.

The Council of Evil (mostly the sputtering-mad Djibril) is very concerned about the Chiram's Project D now that they've refused Jamitov's request to share their research.
They've got a twenty year head start on the rest of the world (along with the Emaan), and being able to decide how the world is recreated will certainly give them a bit of leverage.

On the other hand, according to Dewey, both Chiram and Emaan are still on the trail of the Singularities. That suggests that they're not even sure the project will work and want to get those as an insurance policy.

Djibril demands that they get moving to get their hands on the Singularity before those guys do.
Sage Kuzemi calmly points out that they've got the Ageha Squad on it, not to mention the Ageha Plan itself which, if successfully implemented, would make the Singularities irrelevant to them as well. And they do have to worry about the Limit of Questions from bringing about that new dimensional collapse.

Jamitov says that makes the Chiram worthless, since they won't cooperate with the Feds anyway, and Djibril suggests siccing a certain mech on them.

Edel protests, saying that what's important now is to stopping the dimensional collapse and that they should still be trying to join forces and resources with the Chiram to figure out how to do so.
Hyman snaps that that's irrelevant and that the Singularities or Ageha have been decided as the way to make it all happen - their job is to consider what comes after.
The Council of Sages gangs up and tells her to shush - Koda even says that she's only in on their little circle because of her work with the U.N. (Djibril doesn't think much of the Sages either, for that matter. Their time is coming.)

Anyway, Jamitov's pretty sure the world's not going to end, and they're here to rule it and make it right. It certainly isn't going to end at the hands of a fool like Durandal.
Inwardly, Edel sees that these short-sighted people may well warp the entire world in darkness…

Tetsuya is explaining to Kappei that they're not going to actively go out hunting for aliens. Besides, they're a big old pile of super robots; the aliens will probably come to them. "Oh, so opportunity comes rockin' at our door, right?"

Kouji quickly corrects him saying it’s KNOCKING and, while Kappei says he was just joking, Ichitaro and family are getting worried at the kid’s apparent dwindling intellect; Kappei doesn’t see a problem, considering all he needs to do is pilot the Zambot, but Hanae says they’ll eventually need to go back to their regular lives which means Kappei will go back to his studies.
Umie figures kids like him can be a bit slow now, so long as they’re healthy, and Hanae would be happy is Kappei was just “a bit” slow; Uchuta jokes that they'll need to use the sleep trainer to get him to learn anything but Kappei says that he TOTALLY could kick rear end at homework if he wanted to.
Rie suggests Julie tutor him, but Minako puts a lid on that one - he'd probably charge 100G an hour, and the Jins are a fishing family, don'tcha know.
Kouji's next to offer; don't forget he comes from a line of scientists and he's a bit of a spaceman himself (the Jins certainly didn’t expect that). And really, Sayaka remembers how bad he used to be at studying before he went abroad, so whatever he could rub off on the kid…MAYBE.

What did drive him, anyway, asks Kappei? "I had a dream to follow," chuckles Kouji.
He always wanted to build his own spaceship and take it to outer space, so he turned himself around and worked hard. It's actually quite sweet.

Kappei doesn't have any dreams of his own though, and he starts getting suggestions. A fisherman like his dad? A sports star, since he's so energetic? His mom Hanae would really prefer he went into business to provide for them, and Kappei wouldn't mind traveling either. Does it really matter? "I'm only twelve! The possibilities are endless! I can do anything I put my mind to!"

Kappei's parents approve, but first he really does have to study, and Kouji was serious about being there to help him.
Old Heizaemon and Umie look on, happy to see what they're leaving to the future – all the more reason to protect it, too.

Speaking of, Ichitaro has found something! There appear to be some people in a nearby town who claim to have some blank spots in their memories. Definitely seems worth checking out!

Kazami isn't an expert in brain medicine, but what's happened to these people is definitely not natural. Heizaemon asks the amnesiacs what they remember before the gap, and all they can say is that it they feel like they were put through something truly frightening.
It doesn't seem like we're going to get more out of them, so Kazami has Julie gather everyone up to go investigating. We need all the info we can get.

It rapidly becomes obvious that the town is empty. It's right under a particularly weak spot in the Rivalry Zone, and that means several things. It's not much of a stretch to assume the town has been evacuated, and not much more of one to assume that if aliens were to come down anywhere, here's a good place.
And Mizuki points out that people who have been abducted by UFOs never remember the event.

Now that she mentions it, the Gaizock were scooping up civilians the time Eiji ran off - which is not something he particularly wants to be reminded of, by the way. And the gang never gave him enough poo poo for it, did they?
He put them all in trouble, especially Chiyonishiki: only Kappei knows, but they had to get something for him to try and track Eiji by, so Brigitta came up with a dirty sock and the poor dog was knocked out cold.
Kiraken figures Eiji owes some big thanks to Sandman’s maids for constantly washing his dog-killing socks but Toshiya knows that Kiraken’s own socks are equally as dangerous.

Either way, Chiyonishiki quickly smells something nearby - Hamamoto! Kappei asks what this kid's been up to since Cadez, but wouldn't you know it, he can't remember.
He manages to recall being locked up with a whole bunch of people, and... the boy can't bear to go any further before screaming in panic. Despite the way the kid and his friends treated Kappei’s family, it’s hard for our team to see him in such a state.
What happened to these people?

Just then, the team gets the signal that enemies are moving in! We're taking Hamamoto to the King Beal with us - he'll be safest there.
He doesn't think he deserves it after all they said about the Jins, but that’s all water under the bridge for Kappei! Furthermore, he figures it must be fate for them to meet here so he’ll do whatever he can to protect the guy.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Dr Pepper posted:

*Munch.*

: Huh...

: It’s not sweet…? No, it doesn’t have any taste at all…

: My sense of taste…is gone…?

Oh no! She's come down with a bad case of Movie Akito Tenkawa!

Now we really do need one of her assumed dead squadmates to come back and reawaken her hotbloodedness.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
I've never watched Zambot 3, but I've heard enough about it that something pretty Tomino is about to happen, isn't it?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Rabidredneck posted:

I've never watched Zambot 3, but I've heard enough about it that something pretty Tomino is about to happen, isn't it?

The latter half of Zambot 3 is basically a neverending ride of Tomino in his worst years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
When I said Asakim's plans would involve making sure Setsuko couldn't enjoy ice cream, I was JOKING :doh:

Stop taking your plans from care bears villains, it's embarrassing.

• Locked thread