Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Twiddy posted:

You know usually when a thread here gets gassed it makes sense, because the show was going to be toeing the line in the best of cases. How the hell did goons screw this one up?
"This thread is for the One-Punch Man anime. The end"

"Is that the whole OP?"

"It's a funny show."

Repeat for twenty posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im not going to post in the manga thread since i dont read it

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I almost left it alone cause having a low-effort OP for OPM is actually kinda funny, but after rereading the manga thread and seeing all anime discussion was basically being held there it really didn't have much reason to exist.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

AnoHito posted:

It was really just redundant. Everyone was/is already posting about the anime in the other thread.

I thought the point of having separate threads for mangas and their adaptations was so manga readers didn't have to worry about spoiling anime watchers and anime watchers didn't have to wory about being spoiled. you avoid every other post in the thread looking like this

quote:

Awesome new chapter, really loved (manga spoilers)___________ ___________ ________ ___ __________ ______ __ ___________________ ________________ ______ ____ ______ ___________ ___________ ________ ___ __________ ______ __ ___________________ ________________ ______ ____ ______ ___________ ___________ ________ ___ __________ ______ __ ___________________ ________________ ______ ____ ______

___________ ___________ ________ ___ __________ ______ __ ___________________ ________________ ______ ____ ______

___________ ___________ ________ ___ __________ ______ __ ___________________ ________________ ______ ____ ______ ___________ ___________ ________ ___ __________ ______ __ ___________________ ________________ ______ ____ ______ ___________ ___________ ________ ___ __________ ______ __ ___________________ ________________ ______ ____ ______ ___________ ___________ ________ ___ __________ ______ __ ___________________ ________________ ______ ____ ______

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Twiddy posted:

You know usually when a thread here gets gassed it makes sense, because the show was going to be toeing the line in the best of cases. How the hell did goons screw this one up?

Maybe the world does not need three one punch man threads

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm going to spoil One Punch Man for everybody: he wins in one punch.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's called One Punch Man, not Three Thread Man.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Namtab posted:

Maybe the world does not need three one punch man threads

wait what?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

There are two threads for the manga since one of them is for the webcomic version, I assume because people are weird about spoilers

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

imo both manga threads could be rolled into one since to me it feels like how we don't create light novel threads for every light novel anime, people are (usually) considerate with spoiler tags about the source material in that case

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Srice posted:

There are two threads for the manga since one of them is for the webcomic version, I assume because people are weird about spoilers

Uhh, I think I have the one that also has anime discussion in it in the OP

edit: yes i do

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Srice posted:

imo both manga threads could be rolled into one since to me it feels like how we don't create light novel threads for every light novel anime, people are (usually) considerate with spoiler tags about the source material in that case
The first half of the One-Punch Man Murata thread was people who'd read the ONE version giggling and winking at each other.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Still no word on if/when Lupin will hit the streaming sites?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

The first half of the One-Punch Man Murata thread was people who'd read the ONE version giggling and winking at each other.

I bet an anime thread would have that problem too, so all of those people should be made an example of.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

grrarg posted:

Still no word on if/when Lupin will hit the streaming sites?

Not only has there been no news, but fansubbers don't even give a poo poo about Lupin :smith:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Thus far there seems to be a lot of crossover between people watching the OPM anime and those who've already read the manga, so I think the current state of things is fine.

Should the balance shift in the future, we can cross that bridge then.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Srice posted:

Not only has there been no news, but fansubbers don't even give a poo poo about Lupin :smith:
Yeah it is weird as hell. English fansubs based on the Italian dub, wtf? :confused:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

grrarg posted:

Yeah it is weird as hell. English fansubs based on the Italian dub, wtf? :confused:

At least Lupin is hardly the worst candidate for watching with a translation of a translation, the show does a good enough job at communicating through its animation to make up for any jankiness in the translation.

I'm concerned about how there are like a dozen episodes still untranslated though :ohdear:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Srice posted:

At least Lupin is hardly the worst candidate for watching with a translation of a translation, the show does a good enough job at communicating through its animation to make up for any jankiness in the translation.

I'm concerned about how there are like a dozen episodes still untranslated though :ohdear:

Time to learn japanese

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I made the Young Black Jack thread.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Davincie posted:

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Srice posted:

Finally get around to watching Fujiko Mine and now I hear this...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Srice posted:

fansubs are dead

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i made thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746431

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Did Crunchyroll grab anything good?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Owarimonogatari, perfect insider, I haven't watched the second but I liked the first episode of Uwaterumono

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Haikyuu!! is on CR

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Really CR + Daisuki basically covers everything I am interested in this season.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Srice posted:

Well only two have aired in Japan, but the truth is most fansubbers don't give a poo poo about ~old~ shows, even if they're new.

Not having a streaming option is kind of bizarre, it makes me wonder if there's some sort of exclusivity contract with the Italian licensor.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

Davincie posted:

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

AnoHito posted:

In somewhat less weird news, Osomatsu-san is still amazing.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm glad L-Elf has finally found a new position at Comet Lucifer.

(it's hideously cliched and derivative but surprisingly enjoyable. Also really well shot action scenes)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mr. Osomatsu's op is catchy as hell too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpsQqR01Yoc

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Valkyrie Drive shouldn't have a :siren:, but it should have a funi tag.

Valkyrie Drive should really have an :aatrek: or :pedo: tag.

Also, Iron-Blooded Orphans could do with a Youtube Tag or link leading to the English Sub playlist on the GundamInfo Channel

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Just how censored is Valkyrie Drive?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

FortMax posted:

Just how censored is Valkyrie Drive?

Couldn't say, but there's a good amount to censor.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also, Iron-Blooded Orphans could do with a Youtube Tag or link leading to the English Sub playlist on the GundamInfo Channel

Doesn't work in america who cares.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Davincie posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Man, Iron Blood Orphans is really loving good. I really like the op music too. For those of you familiar with Gundam, how does this one compare so far? As someone who's never watched a Gundam, I'm curious.

Also, I see the first episode of Concrete Revolutio is finally up on Daisuki. Are they planning to air 1 week late for the whole season? It makes sense if they're re-licensing from Funi.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 13, 2015

• Locked thread