Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
God drat it...the only Target anywhere near me is over an hour away...and across a lake. I'd have to add, like, $16 to the cost to pay for the ferry there and back. Or take an hour and a half detour to go around the lake...which then would cost almost as much in gas as the ferry ride.

I could have a goon get one for me and ship it, but then the cost of shipping would be $6-$8, I imagine, and I'd want to give them a few extra dollars for their time and effort (especially since the Secret Santa and "traveling notebook" threads prove that going to the post office is literally the hardest thing for goons to do,) so I'd really only save less than $10 from just going there myself. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Looks like Target put almost everything on sale, 5% and 10% for the most part.

Lucky for me I hadn't washed my jorts yet.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Target has 5% "sales" on a near-continuous basis, but there's lots of 20-30% and the occasional 40% (and then this thing at like 66%.)

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Ugh. I've been looking for the Architecture Studio which isn't for sale outside of the US, and today one popped up at a local webshop. For 300 loving EUR. That's just too much for something that's only 150 USD when bought from the lego shop. :I

Red_Chief
Nov 2, 2007
drat....Order was canceled and when I tried to reorder, came up as $49.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
My order is still "ready for pickup" so I guess we'll find out tonight when I try to pick it up :ohdear:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

gently caress you, got mine. :v:

Local store had one in stock, I probably would have bought two if they'd had it in but they didn't!

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014
I had never heard of Architecture Studio... :fap: I'm going to ask an American friend that owes me a favour to send me a care package

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
UK Peeps: I can't remember if someone already posted this or not, but TRU currently has loads of stuff heavily discounted, notably up to 50% off a lot of Hobbit and Lord of the Rings stuff (with availability) in store and online. A lot of this stuff is half price elsewhere at the moment (Argos, Asda and intermittently Amazon), but at TRU they currently have spend £40 and get a £10 voucher and spend £40 on Lego and get a £10 voucher and they stack.

Works out as one of the best deals I've ever seen. Shame the Hobbit Hole set is out of stock though. Still spending £40 instore over two days I ended up with £160 (retail) of Lego and £40 of vouchers for £80. Score.

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

Gravy Jones posted:

UK Peeps: I can't remember if someone already posted this or not, but TRU currently has loads of stuff heavily discounted, notably up to 50% off a lot of Hobbit and Lord of the Rings stuff (with availability) in store and online. A lot of this stuff is half price elsewhere at the moment (Argos, Asda and intermittently Amazon), but at TRU they currently have spend £40 and get a £10 voucher and spend £40 on Lego and get a £10 voucher and they stack.

Works out as one of the best deals I've ever seen. Shame the Hobbit Hole set is out of stock though. Still spending £40 instore over two days I ended up with £160 (retail) of Lego and £40 of vouchers for £80. Score.
I think you technically get a regular TRU £10 gift card and a "£10 off Lego" voucher. Not a problem if you're spending them both on Lego though.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Bean Head posted:

I had never heard of Architecture Studio... :fap: I'm going to ask an American friend that owes me a favour to send me a care package

Only problem is that it seems to be sold out of normal places. Amazon has it from third-party sellers but for $40 over retail. Which isn't that bad, I guess.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
The card is Lego (Movie) branded, but it's just a regular gift card. But yeah, pretty sure it'll be spent on Lego regardless.

And as well as shopping for Lego today I've been getting my Ikea on to start building a storage and display thing for my kid's Lego

Replacing his current storage and display solution

And that's just one room. We currently have Lego stashed in various places in four different rooms and if I don't do something about soon my wife is going to kill me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Gravy Jones posted:

I see a visit to TRU on Sunday in my future! :D

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Two lego shirts on teefury.com today including a cool space one.

Ordered one of each! thanks

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Gravy Jones posted:

And that's just one room. We currently have Lego stashed in various places in four different rooms and if I don't do something about soon my wife is going to kill me.

I hear that. I didn't think we had a problem until we moved last month and I had to dig it out of various places and carry it all to the truck. Once I graduate this spring and have some free time my son and I are going to do some serious culling. My wife teasingly called me a hoarder, I must prove her wrong!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Cloks posted:

Nice! Ordered 2 - one for me and one for my roommate.

Picked them up, no problem. Probably just a pricing error on their end, but one that I appreciate.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Cloks posted:

Picked them up, no problem. Probably just a pricing error on their end, but one that I appreciate.

Same. Apparently I could make more than I paid for them if I sold the minifigs -- the Jedi goes for $9 and the clone trooper goes for $13??? :confused: Minifig pricing is weird.

Mr. Glass fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 11, 2014

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Gabriel Pope posted:

Target has 5% "sales" on a near-continuous basis, but there's lots of 20-30% and the occasional 40% (and then this thing at like 66%.)

Speaking of which, they have a promotional on their smartphone app to get 20% off any toy for one more day. I'd like to go in and get something, but I am way out of the loop when it comes to current gen sets. I really just want to get some parts that I can use to build a spaceship/mech for my Futuron dudes? Maybe something in a white/red/blue theme? Ideas?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Jeff Goldblum posted:

Speaking of which, they have a promotional on their smartphone app to get 20% off any toy for one more day. I'd like to go in and get something, but I am way out of the loop when it comes to current gen sets. I really just want to get some parts that I can use to build a spaceship/mech for my Futuron dudes? Maybe something in a white/red/blue theme? Ideas?

Blue/White spaceship/mech? Can't go wrong with Galactic Titan. I just realized they never made a sizable Red Squad set. The only Red Squad ships & minifigs were the 'opponents' in the larger Bug sets.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

It seems I may have went into what the dwarfs in dwarf fortress call a "strange mood" when my niece and nephew discovered LEGO. Now that its over and done I have an abundance of sealed sets(20+) that I want to offload and haven't the foggiest on how to do it as I've never sold anything online ever. I'm at a loss of where to sell them at: ebay, amazon, bricklink, or even SA's selling forum? Any advice would be appreciated, though going through this thread again makes me nervous that I may catch the bug again and want to hold on the them just in case.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Pyroclastic posted:

Blue/White spaceship/mech? Can't go wrong with Galactic Titan. I just realized they never made a sizable Red Squad set. The only Red Squad ships & minifigs were the 'opponents' in the larger Bug sets.

Because their specialty is "speed," I guess. It would've been nice if they'd gotten one medium size vehicle...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ahahahah, that Titan has kills stamped on the side of its cockpit. :v:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

Ahahahah, that Titan has kills stamped on the side of its cockpit. :v:

Could be worse; the Eradicator Mech has actual bug guts splattered on its feet :ohdear: My fiancee was mortified when she realized what those stickers were.

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014

smackfu posted:

Only problem is that it seems to be sold out of normal places. Amazon has it from third-party sellers but for $40 over retail. Which isn't that bad, I guess.

I didn't even think to check Amazon, I'll have a look around. Although it seems TRU UK is carrying Big Ben (21013) on their online store at the moment...

Bean Head fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 11, 2014

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Glass posted:

Same. Apparently I could make more than I paid for them if I sold the minifigs -- the Jedi goes for $9 and the clone trooper goes for $13??? :confused: Minifig pricing is weird.

Looks the pricing error was fixed. :(

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
Yeah, they had fixed it by about noon yesterday. Whatever, still got mine :v: Kind of wish I had bought them all up (there are like 8 targets in my area) -- lots of people I know didn't try to order until after they fixed it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Last post about the Target deal - I swear. I finished building 75103 and it's a great set for the price but maybe not one I'd pay fifty dollars for. It has very solid construction, not as big as I expected but heavy, with a nice weight to it and the spring-loaded cannon is a play-feature that's actually pretty fun to use. The building is a bit repetitive, mostly because of the six identical legs but the main body of the vehicle was a fun and interesting build. If you're buying it just for parts there are a lot that are useful, including the blue bubble window that's only in this set. Overall I'd give it a solid 7/10 at fifty dollars but a 10/10 at 18.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't give a fig about the set.. it's a generic goofy star wars thing.

I just wanted the parts, it's a goldmine of light grey. 14 of those grey canopy/slopes? 19 1x2-2x2 brackets? gently caress yeah man.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
I didn't even put mine together -- it comes with a great set of parts if you're into ship or mech building, mostly because the legs are identical and are made out of great pieces.

e:f,b

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

xzzy posted:

I don't give a fig about the set.. it's a generic goofy star wars thing.

I just wanted the parts, it's a goldmine of light grey. 14 of those grey canopy/slopes? 19 1x2-2x2 brackets? gently caress yeah man.

This is what I wanted it for too. Sadly, my orders at two different Targets were cancelled because they were out of stock.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Star Wars sets are one of the only good sources for spacey gray parts. If they were on sale in canada I would of picked up two just for the bricks.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

ltr posted:

This is what I wanted it for too. Sadly, my orders at two different Targets were cancelled because they were out of stock.

My sister's order was cancelled and she plans to go complain until she gets it for the original price. I generally don't support retail crabbiness, but they charged her card before cancelling her order. They refunded it, but still, the transaction was made at the advertised price.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Slugworth posted:

My sister's order was cancelled and she plans to go complain until she gets it for the original price. I generally don't support retail crabbiness, but they charged her card before cancelling her order. They refunded it, but still, the transaction was made at the advertised price.

Could be a store by store thing so keep leaning on them.. my wife ordered a second one at a Target near where she works, couldn't make it yesterday so she got it this morning. No fuss from the staff at the store.

edit - assuming the bargain is worth the effort. Eventually it gets to a point where it's not worth the trouble.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
Looks like we will be heading to Lego Land for the first time this week, any tips? Kids are 3 & 5 (already got the free kid coupons).

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Rathina posted:

Looks like we will be heading to Lego Land for the first time this week, any tips? Kids are 3 & 5 (already got the free kid coupons).

Which one? I went to Legoland California a few years ago. It wasn't worth going alone/without kids. Most of the attractions are either spectator (the Miniland stuff) or kid-centric.
Bring cash; many of the activities aren't covered by the ridiculous entry fee.
They're not directly associated with Lego, so a VIP card is worthless there. Set pricing is retail, and the PAB wall is by-the-quarter-pound (I think it was about $30/pound when I was there).
Bring swim/wet play wear for the kids; lots of the activities involve water. Sunscreen! There's not nearly enough shade.
I don't recall the food and drink being especially expensive, but it's still theme park pricing.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Is it time to post lego animated videos again?

WE LIKE THEM GIRLS (dir. by ForrestFire101):
NWS due to lyrics

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Just a heads-up, this is the last weekend of double VIP points!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Pyroclastic posted:

Which one? I went to Legoland California a few years ago. It wasn't worth going alone/without kids. Most of the attractions are either spectator (the Miniland stuff) or kid-centric.
Bring cash; many of the activities aren't covered by the ridiculous entry fee.
They're not directly associated with Lego, so a VIP card is worthless there. Set pricing is retail, and the PAB wall is by-the-quarter-pound (I think it was about $30/pound when I was there).
Bring swim/wet play wear for the kids; lots of the activities involve water. Sunscreen! There's not nearly enough shade.
I don't recall the food and drink being especially expensive, but it's still theme park pricing.

The most depressing post I've read in a while. :(

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
How is Legoland Windsor? I've not been since I was about 10 and I don't remember anything about it. I was considering going on the Star Wars weekend that's coming up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I managed to get that Target deal but I don't think I would do in-store pickup ever again. Even though they had pulled the set off the shelf and had it at the service desk, they could find no record of my order and "their systems were down." So they said I could just buy it normally but once I told them the price they were pretty suspicious. I had to show them the email, and then they needed a manager to override the price. Took about 20 minutes!