Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Have they done any mocap for the kilrathi vanduul yet? Any glimpse of them other than the lovely static character model from 2 years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Harvey Baldman posted:

The day after I sent Ortwin my demand letter by e-mail, I got my refund. Like, within 12 hours. It was nice, and I decided to forget entirely about the game.

Until! I got a letter this afternoon from one of CIG's other attorneys. I'm honestly not sure why they bothered to respond with a letter two weeks after giving me a refund, but I share it here for entertainment purposes.

Honestly? I kinda feel bad for this guy, so I've elected to blur out his name, because he's not Ortwin and I don't want Herr Overlord Derek adding another name to his dartboard.

:lol::lol::lol:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bubbacub posted:

Have they done any mocap for the kilrathi vanduul yet? Any glimpse of them other than the lovely static character model from 2 years ago?

Kinda wanna see someone mocap their A2M cockpits

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Harvey Baldman posted:

Like, zoinks, Scoob, another mystery solved.

Well, I tried.

Edit: Wait, does that mean RSI had an attorney being paid to post on our forums? How do I get that loving job?

Would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those toxic goons.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Iron.

loving.

Clad.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Harvey Baldman posted:

Honestly? I kinda feel bad for this guy, so I've elected to blur out his name, because he's not Ortwin and I don't want Herr Overlord Derek adding another name to his dartboard.

It's MOMA.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Harvey Baldman posted:

So I posted earlier about getting myself my $125 refunded. I'm an attorney, so I simply wrote a demand letter after the initial customer service interaction gave me a canned response of "Nope, terms of service, no refunds". I'm reproducing that below here in case it helps anyone, although I think being an attorney helped, and my specific facts made anything but a refund pretty much impossible for them to argue.

The day after I sent Ortwin my demand letter by e-mail, I got my refund. Like, within 12 hours. It was nice, and I decided to forget entirely about the game.

Until! I got a letter this afternoon from one of CIG's other attorneys. I'm honestly not sure why they bothered to respond with a letter two weeks after giving me a refund, but I share it here for entertainment purposes.

Don't feel bad for him. That bastard's name is Toast.

I'm tweeting this bitch tomorrow!! well done!!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The junior counsel is Steven Kam, who is "Toast" on the RSI forums.

Don't feel bad for him.

I still remember privately chatting with that dude back in 2013, of how he was tired of being a legal defense attorney or some other poo poo like that (he was part of a team), and how 'scummy' he found it and that he was looking to move on to a job he could do with a clearer conscience.

Now look at what he does lmao.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

RSI's communication with its customers breaks every rule laid out in Business Communication 101. It's amazing - you have to try to be that arrogant/incompetent.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

no matter how many times it happens, there's something hilarious about seeing the word "takebacks" in a legal letter

A_ssR_apistDude420
Aug 9, 2016

by Cowcaster

Jason Sextro posted:

RSI's communication with its customers breaks every rule laid out in Business Communication 101. It's amazing - you have to try to be that arrogant/incompetent.

lol honestly sandi or chris shoots toast an email and says "write a really passive aggressive letter telling him we didnt actually owe him poo poo and how hes a takebacker"

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

alf_pogs posted:

no matter how many times it happens, there's something hilarious about seeing the word "takebacks" in a legal letter

A-ha! The joke is on you, RSI, because when I made my pledge I had my fingers crossed behind my back! Now I shall take all of your pogs!

A_ssR_apistDude420
Aug 9, 2016

by Cowcaster

CrazyLoon posted:

I still remember privately chatting with that dude back in 2013, of how he was tired of being a legal defense attorney or some other poo poo like that (he was part of a team), and how 'scummy' he found it and that he was looking to move on to a job he could do with a clearer conscience.

Id rather defend a pedophile in court than do what Toast does. At least then I'd be serving a distasteful but important function in the justice process.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

July 4th, 1776

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and no take-backsies"

A_ssR_apistDude420
Aug 9, 2016

by Cowcaster
Also if its not feeling shilly enough in here just tell me (Surfacedetail) and I'll go full ASSRAPISTDUDE420 on you all.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'm the backer whose pledge was used to pay toast to pen a personalised letter to a guy who had already been completely refunded explaining how lucky he was to get it

A_ssR_apistDude420
Aug 9, 2016

by Cowcaster

Harvey Baldman posted:

So I posted earlier about getting myself my $125 refunded. I'm an attorney, so I simply wrote a demand letter after the initial customer service interaction gave me a canned response of "Nope, terms of service, no refunds". I'm reproducing that below here in case it helps anyone, although I think being an attorney helped, and my specific facts made anything but a refund pretty much impossible for them to argue.

Write a long formal response to toast and then in the last line say your takeback claim is invalid because you had your fingers and toes crossed when you submitted your order.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

tooterfish posted:

I just had a thought: the new TOS drafted for the express purposes of denying refunds is probably responsible for more refund requests than anything else CIG have done.

This amuses me.
Toast made the TOS bulletproof, but unfortunately he forgot to make it law proof.

Oops.
CIG is it's own Monkey's Paw.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Harvey Baldman posted:

What the hell is that font that all attorneys use in letters? It faxes like poo poo and makes my job so much more difficult

Edit: yay new page and nobody paid the tax

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

A_ssR_apistDude420 posted:

Write a long formal response to toast and then in the last line say your takeback claim is invalid because you had your fingers and toes crossed when you submitted your order.

I also double-dog-dare you to do this, but you have to pinky-swear you'll show us!

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

do the first part not the second you quitting bitch

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hopefully Wesha delivers 50 loaves of bread to the studio.

A_ssR_apistDude420
Aug 9, 2016

by Cowcaster

SquirrelGrip posted:

do the first part not the second you quitting bitch

I did actually stick it to the publishers and donated 5 dollars to star citizen.

Now Assrapistdude420 has a true home on their forums as a true backer

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Harvey Baldman posted:

Like, zoinks, Scoob, another mystery solved.

Well, I tried.

Edit: Wait, does that mean RSI had an attorney being paid to post on our forums? How do I get that loving job?

The first step is to shave your pubes. Then comes the feather torture

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

CrazyLoon posted:

Very old saying my departed great grandfather (ww2 veteran) used : "Sometimes a person can float free of the filth at the bottom, only to find themselves enveloped by the scum at the top".

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

*resets the days from last CIG fuckup counter*

*replaces 1 with a 0*

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 11, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Jason Sextro posted:

Yes, well, that's what people who never bother to log on and try out the pre-alpha tech demo that's already over 18 months late deserve.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

flyboi posted:

What the hell is that font that all attorneys use in letters? It faxes like poo poo and makes my job so much more difficult

Edit: yay new page and nobody paid the tax

Do you mean mine, or his? I think I'm just using Times New Roman, and that's mostly because the Appellate Division in my state has rules that literally require Times New Roman in 12 point, so I just stick to it for everything else I end up writing.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Here's another successful refund exchange that was posted on r/starcitizen_refunds today. Be persistent!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Harvey Baldman posted:

Do you mean mine, or his? I think I'm just using Times New Roman, and that's mostly because the Appellate Division in my state has rules that literally require Times New Roman in 12 point, so I just stick to it for everything else I end up writing.

Yours I get so many faxes with that font and my fax to email processor just falls over

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
hello

some of this is a rehash

• people are now working up to 20 hours a day trying to get 2.5 gamescom ready (internally called the "chriscom" build)
  • 2.4.1 might be used because of the large amount of showstopping bugs in 2.5
  • there's no secret working 2.6 or 2.7 build that will be magically unveiled at gamescom
  • all the PG or other cool stuff they've shown off is very, very early WIP and unusable in engine (POC)
  • 3.0 is now 100% officially a thing -- might be called "SC Beta 1.0" now (gamescom/citizencon reveal)
  • there's been some problem getting everyone to gamescom (not sure if just delta problems or otherwise)
  • more mocap reshoots for both new SC and SQ42 content slated for october this year
  • SQ42 prelude is now 100% confirmed: basically SQ42: Title: Prelude/Skirmish (early marketing mock ups)
  • massive problem with new art/models that are "unacceptable" according to Chris (no elaboration)
  • seamless transitions from landing zones to space are now just loading screens (sq42)
  • first missions for sq42 limited to ship-to-ship combat only (additional FPS after prelude, exploration still in as of now)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I did actually stick it to the publishers and donated 5 dollars to star citizen.

Now Assrapistdude420 has a true home on their forums as a true backer

Go slow commando...work your way in, I will help you.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

alf_pogs posted:

It strengthens my resolve to support CIG and all of the highly skilled and capable people they've hired.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Please, either do this, or make a formal claim that is was infact opposite day in your jurisdiction, which does apply to any ToS, regardless of geographical location.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Harvey Baldman posted:

A-ha! The joke is on you, RSI, because when I made my pledge I had my fingers crossed behind my back! Now I shall take all of your pogs!

aw poo poo

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

TheAgent posted:

hello

some of this is a rehash

• people are now working up to 20 hours a day trying to get 2.5 gamescom ready (internally called the "chriscom" build)
  • there's no secret working 2.6 or 2.7 build that will be magically unveiled at gamescom
  • all the PG or other cool stuff they've shown off is very, very early WIP and unusable in engine (POC)
  • 3.0 is now 100% officially a thing -- might be called "SC Beta 1.0" now (gamescom/citizencon reveal)
  • there's been some problem getting everyone to gamescom (not sure if just delta problems or otherwise)
  • more mocap reshoots for both new SC and SQ42 content slated for october this year
  • SQ42 prelude is now 100% confirmed: basically SQ42: Title: Prelude/Skirmish (early marketing mock ups)
  • massive problem with new art/models that are "unacceptable" according to Chris (no elaboration)
  • seamless transitions from landing zones to space are now just loading screens (sq42)
  • first missions for sq42 limited to ship-to-ship combat only (additional FPS after prelude, exploration still in as of now)
I am SO excited

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TheAgent posted:

hello

some of this is a rehash

alpha / beta terminology: this isn't how it works. this isn't how any of this stuff works :psyduck:

also lol the prelude. SQ42: Episode 1: Ch1: Mission 1: Prelude

lmao more loving reshoots. are these the 2nd round of reshoots? didn't they just wrap up the first reshoot session? honestly looking back on the wing commander movie, it's amazing it came out as well as it did because clearly croberts is super duper incompetent and can't even direct poo poo properly the first time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 11, 2016

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes, well, that's what people who never bother to log on and try out the pre-alpha tech demo that's already over 18 months late deserve.

Truly, it's almost as though the failed actress in charge of Customer Service has literally no business training whatsoever :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Here's another successful refund exchange that was posted on r/starcitizen_refunds today. Be persistent!

i love it when they double down and repeat themselves for a bit before finally caving in

like you can almost hear the fatigue and resentment in the customer support rep's typing

• Locked thread