Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

elise the great posted:

Guess what motherfuckers

bongwizzard posted:

GWS chili freude

You know what you need to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Whooping Crabs posted:

I would eat the baby-bag chili if it were made well. But if I see a single loving bean I am gonna flip the table over and storm out.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Ground placenta or cubed?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

This is what nazis think pancakes are

https://twitter.com/communism_kills/status/909458994149969920

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bongwizzard posted:

Whirled Peas ruined gws and made it kinda dull.

Also true, sorta. But we still have mindphlux, and a man and his dog.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

pr0zac posted:

I had an exgf that would eat lemon and lime slices whole, including the rind. She didn't understand why I found it so weird.

I do it. I like sour and lemons/limes are delicious.

I once got weird looks in Japan because I ate an entire lime whole outside a Don Quixote, but I had been living in Korea for two years and at the time it was literally impossible to buy limes there, so they just didn't understand the profound experience I was having of seeing a lime again.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
in greece i once at a sandwich of bread and lemons on a beach and it was excellent. i couldn't be bothered to do anything more complicated. Limes and lemons are highly edible.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Wtf? I have so many questions, the least of which is "why the gently caress is pancake mix in the goddamn microwave?!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

elise the great posted:

Guess what motherfuckers

AWWWWWWRIGHT! poo poo DONE GOT REAL, BOYYYYYYZZZZZZZ!

And, being the occasional asshat/slow processing foo', congrats, and I am glad everything came out alright! When do we get to see pics of the other one?

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 06:06 on Sep 19, 2017

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Just chiming in to say placentophagy is gross. Carry on.

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016

pr0zac posted:

I had an exgf that would eat lemon and lime slices whole, including the rind. She didn't understand why I found it so weird.

I do this. It helps with indigestion. Like at a restaurant or whatever just dump salt on both sides and eat it. You regret it at first while you're chewing but then you feel much better.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pentaghastly posted:

I do this. It helps with indigestion. Like at a restaurant or whatever just dump salt on both sides and eat it. You regret it at first while you're chewing but then you feel much better.

While I don't mind lemon slices I don't know if I could manage a salted one...

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Congratulations, Elise!! Enjoy your babby meats!

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Elise, I recommend you sous vide that at 56 degrees for 4 hours, to truly bring out your flavour.

e: then you can post a recipe for sous vide placenta online, which surprisingly there isn't one of.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

You better make a thread for this in cooking and go into some very explicit detail about the preparation and meal.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

bloom why

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

anything to get away from placenta chat. :stonk:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Metaline posted:

I discovered avocado toast by accident (toasted a bagel, oh poo poo I'm out of cream cheese but I have some ripe avocado let's try that) about seven years ago and kept telling friends to try it but everyone said it sounded gross so just like it if you like it. Also congrats on no mortgage!

So you liked avocado toast before it was cool?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

bloom posted:

anything to get away from placenta chat. :stonk:

+1

I also find placenta dinner chat to be stomach-churningly revolting; not even the whole 'eating human flesh' aspect of it, it's more the texture thing. Every time someone mentions it I get a flash of exactly how it would feel to have thin shreds of pale and chewy membrane caught between my teeth while at the same time my mouth is full of chunks of soft, bloody tissue.

For the love of god stop talking about eating placenta.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Placenta aspic lasagna itt

the true bitch lasagna, whose coming was foretold in the sutras

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Avocado on toast with McCormick bush spices (maybe only an Australian thing but your favourite spice mix will do), some salt and pepper then a handful of cheese on top, grilled until golden brown was a frequent weekend breakfast at the sperg household

:perfect:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Ramos posted:

You better make a thread for this in cooking and go into some very explicit detail about the preparation and meal.

Sauteed lightly and served with fava beans and a nice chianti

f-f-f-f-f-f

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Slice avocado in half, add herb salt, eat with spoon.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Whooping Crabs posted:

If this isn't entered in the ICSA: battle chili, Elise should probably be permabanned.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I work for a dude who's breakfast was an avocado smashed across a 10 inch flour tortilla, lightly salted and covered in hot sauce. I tried it one day and became a big believer.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

elise the great posted:

Guess what motherfuckers
welp I picked the right time to catch up with this thread and made the right choice in prioritizing it over the healthcare stories one. Congrats!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Isnt this also a healthcare story? :v:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Synthbuttrange posted:

Isnt this also a healthcare story? :v:

There's a reason I'm very carefully not reading it, yes. I hate healthcare stories, they set off my anxiety like nothing else.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Pentaghastly posted:

Is this a Michael reference?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

bongwizzard posted:

I work for a dude who's breakfast was an avocado smashed across a 10 inch flour tortilla, lightly salted and covered in hot sauce. I tried it one day and became a big believer.

Add an egg or some cheese to that poo poo. Or both.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Things I would typically eat when I was a kid and faced with a perpetually-empty fridge:

1. "False Sundae"- a glob of frozen sugar-free Cool Whip (why was this allowed? I do not know) for ice cream, Ovaltine mixed with water for chocolate sauce, and whatever nuts or fruits I could find. If you are curious about the Ovaltine, that was the only form of chocolate milk/hot chocolate we were allowed. I don't know why.

Yeah, I only had Ovaltine too. Supposedly for vitamins or something. If anything I have to assume it wasn't as bad as Nesquik or just straight up chocolate syrup and that was why.

Also it was a powder so that wouldn't go bad.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

My Lovely Horse posted:

welp I picked the right time to catch up with this thread and made the right choice in prioritizing it over the healthcare stories one. Congrats!

Thread link?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pookah posted:

Every time someone mentions it I get a flash of exactly how it would feel to have thin shreds of pale and chewy membrane caught between my teeth while at the same time my mouth is full of chunks of soft, bloody tissue.

I really should have liver and onions for tea, you're right.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I only had Ovaltine too. Supposedly for vitamins or something. If anything I have to assume it wasn't as bad as Nesquik or just straight up chocolate syrup and that was why.

Also it was a powder so that wouldn't go bad.

Hello, Ovaltwin :unsmith:.

I think Ovaltine is why I don't understand the appeal of Whoppers.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Why is it called Ovaltine? The jar is round!

Also, soup isn't dinner :colbert:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Congrats on baby and post baby thing

Haifisch posted:

No patient name, no collection time, no collector's initials, improper container. 0/10, specimen rejected.

At least it was on ice. It can sit on the counter a little longer while you call the maternity ward

Missing Name has a new favorite as of 16:04 on Sep 19, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Hello, Ovaltwin :unsmith:.

I think Ovaltine is why I don't understand the appeal of Whoppers.

My food stories are far less horrifying compared to yours. Aside from having a baby sitter who didn't drain the water from those instant ramen packages and totally confusing me on how my mom cooks it and it tastes good, I don't really have anything to report!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Chin Strap posted:

Thread link?

Yo, fam https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3469571

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Some AFP history.

https://twitter.com/felixpotvin/status/910034389819461632