Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Reik posted:

Lol you guys blew those wind demons up good.

Is it cool if we discuss the wind demon deck now? Because those guys are assholes.

At higher difficulties the elites disarm with every attack. I complain about a lot of enemy types but elite wind demons are literally the worst because of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Elephant Ambush posted:

At higher difficulties the elites disarm with every attack. I complain about a lot of enemy types but elite wind demons are literally the worst because of that.

That's pretty bad, but there are a couple of other enemy types I think are worse.

Rocky, make sure you grab that chest before we're done.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Reik posted:

Lol you guys blew those wind demons up good.

Is it cool if we discuss the wind demon deck now? Because those guys are assholes.

Sure, next time we face them we'll know their full deck anyway :)

Also yeah Rocky went from 1 to 5xp this round!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Some Numbers posted:

Rocky, make sure you grab that chest before we're done.

I intend to grab it this turn. I'm moving as quickly as I can (said the giant rock on a level surface) and will try to kill both those Cultists while nabbing the chest.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
It makes no difference here, but just for future reference, Cultist 3 wouldn't have moved. Starting at C4, its shortest path is moving 2 through the Wind Demon to C6. Moving it around like you did here means it still needs 2 more steps to reach its target. Since this isn't any closer, it doesn't move at all.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

That Italian Guy posted:

Sure, next time we face them we'll know their full deck anyway :)

Also yeah Rocky went from 1 to 5xp this round!

They have a card with a very low initiative that consumes wind to go invisible and it's the absolute worst.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Just in case it got lost, TIG I would like to short rest.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
- Bullwinkle executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Leaping Cleave!
- Master Splinter takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Fearsome Blade!

Apologies for the delay, I was out playing Gloomhaven live! Very Mild visual SPOILERS for Scenario 6 (standees for a monster type we haven't seen yet, partial room layout):

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 28, 2019

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

So I can move 7 this turn, but it'll still be at least a turn or two before I can get all the way down to Bullwinkle.

You might want to retreat and draw the demons out of the room.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Alternately, I can scamper to the door and shoot a Cultist this turn and then run all the way to the other doorway next turn?

Again, if the demons are close to the door, I might be able to stab one next turn.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

- Bullwinkle executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Leaping Cleave!
- Master Splinter takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Fearsome Blade!

Apologies for the delay, I was out playing Gloomhaven live! Very Mild visual SPOILERS for Scenario 6 (standees for a monster type we haven't seen yet, partial room layout):

Love the bling :c00l:

I'm playing IRL Gloomhaven right now too :cheers:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

So...I'll need STEP 7A orders from Some Numbers and Elephant Ambush to proceed...my bad since I gave you those Short Rest results so late :v:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

So...I'll need STEP 7A orders from Some Numbers and Elephant Ambush to proceed...my bad since I gave you those Short Rest results so late :v:

Orders in. My bad. My head hasn't been in the game.

I'm going to stone cold murder the non-elite earth demon and then take down the elite myself. I got this.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

Ah poo poo, sorry, I was waiting for more discussion. Submitting now.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Crypt of the Damned 7A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Wind Demon 6(E) should be dead!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Hey we've got to see the annoying Cultist card after all! Imagine having the Archers in the previous Room pull their immobilize trick together with the Cultist hanging back and summoning a couple of Rounds worth of Living Bones...or the party pulling back into the corridor, chased by the Wind Demons, with the Cultist hanging back summoning Living Bones. You get the gist! Also, 1/4th of the Cultist deck is this one, and they have Self Heals and annoying "explodes on death" cards to make it more difficult to get them dead before they start rising the deads...

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 9 with Hostile Takeover and Feedback Loop.

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Some Numbers) posted:

code:
"HOSTILE TAKEOVER (09) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate ICE - 1XP
BOT: Round Bonus: Force one normal or elite enemy within Range 3 to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies - 2XP - LOSS"

"FEEDBACK LOOP (79) [Lvl1]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks gain SHIELD1 (till end of round) - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: MOVE4 - Jump - If you end the movement in the same hex you started in, perform MUDDLE (Target all enemies moved through)."
Bullwinkle (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 40 with Fatal Advance and Sweeping Blow.

40. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Elephant Ambush) posted:

code:
"FATAL ADVANCE (40) [Lvl2]
TOP: Kill one adjacent normal enemy - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move 4"

"SWEEPING BLOW (64) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, PBAOE (check image)
BOT: MOVE3 - PUSH1 (Target all adjacent enemies)"
Rocky (Hand2, Discarded8, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 41 with Rock Tunnel and Crater.

41. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zurai) posted:

code:
"ROCK TUNNEL (41) [Lvl1]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle - XP1
BOT: MOVE5, Jump - IMMOBILIZE (Target all enemies moved through) - XP1 - LOSS"

"CRATER (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Consume EARTH: PUSH2, XP1
BOT: All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage, Consume EARTH: suffer 2 damage instead, XP1 - LOSS"

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 28, 2019

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Knew that was gonna happen. I'm going to use the bottom loss of Rock Tunnel to move to the chest and chuck rocks at the two cultists. If I draw 0 or better on Cultist 3, I'll kill it, and I can guaranteed kill Cultist 1 before it has a chance to summon because I can push it into that trap even if I draw a -2 or miss. I'd like to get the XP from eating the earth element but I'd like it more if Cultist 3 didn't get a chance to summon so if Splinter can weaken or kill it, I'm cool with that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Darn, I should have Looted instead of shooting. I missed that the coins were there.

Oh well, I'm going to pop a Cultist and run to the door.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zurai posted:

Knew that was gonna happen. I'm going to use the bottom loss of Rock Tunnel to move to the chest and chuck rocks at the two cultists. If I draw 0 or better on Cultist 3, I'll kill it, and I can guaranteed kill Cultist 1 before it has a chance to summon because I can push it into that trap even if I draw a -2 or miss. I'd like to get the XP from eating the earth element but I'd like it more if Cultist 3 didn't get a chance to summon so if Splinter can weaken or kill it, I'm cool with that.

I will shoot Cultist 3 on my way out of the room.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Orders are in, same as mentioned above.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Crypt of the Damned 7B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Some Numbers) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Feedback Loop (bot)! Jumps4 to door hex.
- Master Splinter uses Hostile Takeover (top)! Attacks Cultist 3 for 1 (2base, -1mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Cultist 3 is at 2 HP and is DISARMED and IMMOBILIZED!
ICE is now strong.

40. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Elephant Ambush) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Sweeping Blow (bot)! Moves2 to B2.
- Bullwinkle uses Fatal Advance (top)! Executes Earth Demon 6! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Earth Demon 6 is killed!

:commissar:

41. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zurai) posted:

- Rocky uses Rock Tunnel (bot)! Jumps3 to D1 Gains 1XP. LOSS card!
- Rocky uses Crater (top)! Consumes EARTH! Attacks Cultist 3 for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Cultist 3 is killed!
Backup Ammunition's 2nd trigger! Gains 1XP. Attacks Cultist 1 for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage!
Cultist 1 is killed!
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Loots Treasure Chest 38!

Item Designs allow the good people of Gloomhaven to start producing that type of item. In game terms, every copy of that item in the box is immediately added to the Market Pool!

42. Earth Demons posted:

- Earth Demon 1(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle for 1 (3base, +0mod, SHIELD2) damage!
Warding Strenght's 5th trigger! Chainmail SPENT!
Bullwinkle is at 7 HP.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Rocky executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Dirt Tornado.
- ICE is now waning.

Active players, if you plan on faffing about, looting this place, please discuss this itt and send me several rounds worth of orders!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Thanks for taking out the Cultists!

Next turn I'm going to run around in a circle screaming and then hit the elite earth demon as hard as my Inox self can hit it. It won't die unless I draw a crit but I will hurt it a lot and can easily handle it on my own. It will probably take a couple more turns to take it down unless my luck goes south.

Edit: actually, crap, my boots are spent. Plan is still the same but I will do less damage. Eh.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 29, 2019

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

It will take me a minimum of 3 turns to get down to the Earth Demon room. If you think you and Splinter can handle it, looting this room seems more productive. I'll come down if you think it'll make a difference though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

It will take me a minimum of 3 turns to get down to the Earth Demon room. If you think you and Splinter can handle it, looting this room seems more productive. I'll come down if you think it'll make a difference though.

Stay and loot. I got this.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

OK. I'm going to throw a temper tantrum for some experience up here and start looting the room one coin at a time because the Cragheart does not have good Loot cards.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Zurai posted:

OK. I'm going to throw a temper tantrum for some experience up here and start looting the room one coin at a time because the Cragheart does not have good Loot cards.
Yeah, my first character was a Craggy. His retirement goal was have 200 gold. Now I was not a total spendthrift - I bought blessings fairly regularly - but it nevertheless took me until Level 8.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I feel like there should really be a shop item that has "tap: loot1" or similar. It'd be worth 20 gold to pick that up for a lot of characters. It feels like there are a lot of characters in the game with a bottom Loot 1 and that's it. Loot 1 is not great to start with and doing it without being able to move is terrible. Spending some money to get the option to not have to bring a terrible card and maybe actually collect more than one coin at a time once or twice per scenario would be attractive even if it doesn't do anything to directly help in battle.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

I feel like there should really be a shop item that has "tap: loot1" or similar. It'd be worth 20 gold to pick that up for a lot of characters. It feels like there are a lot of characters in the game with a bottom Loot 1 and that's it. Loot 1 is not great to start with and doing it without being able to move is terrible. Spending some money to get the option to not have to bring a terrible card and maybe actually collect more than one coin at a time once or twice per scenario would be attractive even if it doesn't do anything to directly help in battle.

HUGE MASSIVE SPOILER: If you retire a Tinkerer and come across their retirement events and make all the right choices, you get an item that you consume to Loot 1. It costs 60 gold. My Cragheart currently has it and it's awesome and has already paid for itself. Something that's reusable would be broke as hell and would need to cost even more.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

Stay and loot. I got this.

Do you need my help?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
In order to get level 3 you need 95 exp, and the heroes are at:

Splinter: 78
Rocky: 79
Bullwinkle: 83

With the (EDIT) 6 from beating the scenario, that means the heroes need the following to hit level 3:

Splinter: 11xp
Rocky: 10xp
Bullwinkle: 6xp

Bullwinkle has earned 7 so they're good to go, Rocky has earned 8 so they still need to earn 2 more which shouldn't be hard because destroying an obstacle should be enough to trigger the exp from explosive punch, but Master Splinter has only earned 3 so would need still earn 8 more. I think it would take 5 rounds to do this unfortunately :/

Reik fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 29, 2019

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

If Bullwinkle doesn't need help with the Earth Demon, I can definitely XP farm while scooping up loot.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Watch out cause we're playing at Scenario Level 1 (Lvl 2 triggers as soon as someone levels up to 3 in a three players party) so it's only 6XP for the Victory!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

Do you need my help?

Nah I'm good.

I will be burning loss cards for xp the next couple turns so hopefully I can level up.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Reik posted:

In order to get level 3 you need 95 exp, and the heroes are at:

Splinter: 78
Rocky: 79
Bullwinkle: 83

With the (EDIT) 6 from beating the scenario, that means the heroes need the following to hit level 3:

Splinter: 11xp
Rocky: 10xp
Bullwinkle: 6xp

Bullwinkle has earned 7 so they're good to go, Rocky has earned 8 so they still need to earn 2 more which shouldn't be hard because destroying an obstacle should be enough to trigger the exp from explosive punch, but Master Splinter has only earned 3 so would need still earn 8 more. I think it would take 5 rounds to do this unfortunately :/

I can get at least 3 more XP, possibly 4 (I'm not sure whether I get XP for eating an Earth with Crater's bottom with no allies or enemies around or not -- it's not an attack so it doesn't quite fit within the explicit rules). I don't think I can trigger Backup Ammunition any more, alas, since I don't think it triggers unless I actually make an Attack. Someone correct me if that's wrong because that's two more XP I can pick up.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Zurai posted:

I can get at least 3 more XP, possibly 4 (I'm not sure whether I get XP for eating an Earth with Crater's bottom with no allies or enemies around or not -- it's not an attack so it doesn't quite fit within the explicit rules). I don't think I can trigger Backup Ammunition any more, alas, since I don't think it triggers unless I actually make an Attack. Someone correct me if that's wrong because that's two more XP I can pick up.

You do get the Crater XP cause you're performing everything on the card, that damage is not an attack and doesn't require targets. Mind you, the quoted XP count is off cause this is Scenario level1, not 2, so victory XP is only 6 instead of 8.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Excellent. I'll end up at 12 then. Good thing I didn't have the "earn 13 or more XP this scenario" battle goal! I always struggle with that one. That's one of those which I'm not sure some classes can even really do. EDIT: Cragheart definitely can, I could have easily gotten to 14 if those Cultists had gone before me and summoned their skeletons, but there are other classes who just don't have a lot of great XP options by design.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Zurai posted:

Excellent. I'll end up at 12 then. Good thing I didn't have the "earn 13 or more XP this scenario" battle goal! I always struggle with that one. That's one of those which I'm not sure some classes can even really do. EDIT: Cragheart definitely can, I could have easily gotten to 14 if those Cultists had gone before me and summoned their skeletons, but there are other classes who just don't have a lot of great XP options by design.
Cragheart can get halfway there on Forceful Storm and Backup Ammo alone.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

Nah I'm good.

I will be burning loss cards for xp the next couple turns so hopefully I can level up.

Okay, if you're sure, I'm going to farm coins.

Make sure you grab the chest.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

Okay, if you're sure, I'm going to farm coins.

Make sure you grab the chest.

Nah, I'm good. You can get it if you want.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wait, now I'm confused.

Am I coming down to the lower room to help you or am I cleaning up the loot and getting XP in the upper room?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, now I'm confused.

Am I coming down to the lower room to help you or am I cleaning up the loot and getting XP in the upper room?

Stay in the upper room and loot stuff. I will kill the demon and explicitly not get the chest.