Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A for effort even if the joke wore out a decade ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm trying to understand this, but I'm at a loss.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Quackles posted:

I'm trying to understand this, but I'm at a loss.

:golfclap:

TitanG
May 10, 2015

Lunar Suite posted:

The few gene therapies that actually work are all prohibitively expensive.

If you want your blood pressure to skyrocket, read up on the cure for lipoprotein lipase deficiency - the inability to correctly shuttle dietary fat around means patients suffer frequent and extremely painful bouts of pancreatitis. We have a working gene therapy. But…

Perhaps I’m underestimating the production process for adenovirus vectors but it seems insane that we don’t just treat people on compassionate grounds. Here it’s also cheaper than enzyme replacement therapy. It’s insane.

You probably are. Biological drugs in general are extremely hard to make to spec, that's why they're so expensive. They also often cure fairly rare diseases (apart from things like EPO which is still expensive as hell), which basically means you're setting up a typically very specialized, extremely costly and technologically intensive factory to output a couple of doses a year and are at mercy of insurance companies.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

poo poo. Guess I better reread the dragonfall LP.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

BrotherJayne posted:

poo poo. Guess I better reread the dragonfall LP.

I followed that one for a while too but at some point I got tired of the OP taking forever to post updates so I kinda fell off of it, should probably get back to it one of these days.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Sounds like the author of this LP. When was he supposed to be done again? August 1997? Dang….

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

achtungnight posted:

Sounds like the author of this LP. When was he supposed to be done again? August 1997? Dang….

August 2056, I believe you'll find

Kanfy posted:

I followed that one for a while too but at some point I got tired of the OP taking forever to post updates so I kinda fell off of it, should probably get back to it one of these days.

xD

Now I gotta figure out which one I want to do another playthrogh of as well.

DMS on the HK engine is pretty good, but I've beat it like 5 times now, so maybe Dragonfall will be the lucky victim.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Kanfy posted:

Don’t sweat it, we aren’t going anywhere. Elentor took like 5 years to finish her FFVII lp and it’s an all time classic. We’ll all be happy to read it whenever.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 17, 2022

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I think Elentor is a she now?

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 17, 2022

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
She is.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Anticheese posted:

I think Elentor is a she now?

My bad. Didn’t know. I’ll change it.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Murgos posted:

Don’t sweat it, we aren’t going anywhere. Elentor took like 5 years to finish her FFVII lp and it’s an all time classic. We’ll all be happy to read it whenever.

That was a very good LP and a very good thread, and I'd be happy to accomplish anything even half as enjoyable. I'm still kind of in a state of "struggling to get done stuff I need to get done in time" though, and the way I've done these LPs is somewhat laborous (by the standards of a silly internet thing you do for fun anyway) so I've been hesitant to restart this if I can't keep up with it consistently... But that said, people with much harder and busier lives than mine have kept up with much more impressive hobby projects, and at some point inconsistent is better than nothing, so a limbo state that has stretched this far is definitely more on me and my brain/time management than the oppressive forces of The Outside World.

For what it's worth I did write some stuff just the other day though, it's a fun thing to do that I want to keep doing. I've been trying to figure out some good space for it recently, see if I can't slot it in there somewhere again.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Kanfy posted:

For what it's worth I did write some stuff just the other day though, it's a fun thing to do that I want to keep doing.

This is why you should keep it up, don't let it be an obligation, just a way of doing something fun to reboot your brain. We'll be here regardless.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yeah, no worries. It's not like there is a time limit before a dragon comes to burninate everyone. :v:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Time is subjective. Quality writing is eternal.

Take as much time as you need. It's better to enjoy yourself than rush it and burn out.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Murgos posted:

i don't hang in LP often, but a well received FF7 lp sounds right up my alley. may i have a link?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

https://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-VII/

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

thanks

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Part 24 - The Cost of Literature

Previously! In Shadowrun Hong Kong! We successfully robbed a museum and in the process chopped up some gargoyles, cops, and angry interdimensional mummies, because apparently that's just the kind of thing we do on an average work day now. Back in Heoi and basking in the glow of +8 Karma for a job well done, it actually happens to be level up season for the whole team today as well, so we'll kick things off by Upping Some Numbers before reporting back.

Stats-wise Duncan's second level up is pretty medium depite a number of increases, mainly since it does pretty little to improve his main role of shooting things. Notably his accuracy doesn't budge an inch without increases to either Quickness or Ranged Combat, and he doesn't pass any breakpoints that'd gain him new bonuses or abilities either.

As usual we have two possible perks to choose from, so let's take a look at what to pick up for our bro here.

Lethal Force - Mercy Kill: Duncan gains the single shot assault rifle ability "Mercy Kill" which deals +2 HP damage with 99% accuracy, but can only target enemies with less than 25% HP remaining. Cost: 1 AP. Cooldown: 2 RNDs.

Mercy Kill has a grim name and strict targeting requirement, but is undeniably handy. Nothing short of an actual wall or extreme distance can keep Duncan from landing his shot, though damage penalties from cover do apply as normal. A mage with 1 HP is as dangerous as with 50 HP, and eliminating the RNG from chasing after stragglers is frequently helpful, plus it's still a nigh-guaranteed +2 damage shot even if it doesn't actually finish off the target.

Crowd Control - Augment Subdue: The cooldown of Duncan's ability "Subdue" is reduced from 3 RNDs to 2 RNDs.

Augment Subdue is less interesting. It can potentially give Duncan an extra use of Subdue in a given fight which can sometimes be very useful, but the ability is at its best early in a fight where a tough enemy can be potentially taken out right away, a job it does fine even with a 50-turn cooldown. It also has strict usage requirements, what with needing a stunned humanoid-shaped enemy within Duncan's melee range, so it's not an ability you can often just blast on cooldown to begin with.

All in all even with a more non-lethal bend for Duncan, Mercy Kill is just too useful to pass up here. It's one of those skills that never becomes irrelevant or outdated, and for once getting to say "screw you" to the RNG instead of the other way around is very satisfying. Except that 1% of the time...

Last but not least, this level also brings with it some gear upgrades for everyone, in Duncan's case this means a hefty and welcome armor increase from 2 to 5 and an Advanced Medkit replacing a Basic one. Most notable is his weapon upgrade, with the new FN HAR boasting +1 DMG, +2 armor penetration, higher midrange accuracy and +6 ammo capacity compared to his old rifle. Very nice new toy.

Gobbet's third level brings a very solid set of stat ups, including doubling her Spellcasting from 2 to 4 in one go. As for the skill choice...

Territoriality - Rat Totem: Destroy Spirit: Gobbet gains the Rat totem invocation "Destroy Spirit" which deals 99 HP damage to a hostile Spirit with 100% accuracy. Ignores armor. Cost: 1 AP. Cooldown: 2 RNDs.

No longer does it require reading climate news or having a relentlessly draining day job to have your spirit destroyed, magic really does make everything more convenient. Destroy Spirit is one of those abilities that pretty much includes everything relevant in its name. If something can be considered a spirit, whether bound to a summoner or running wild and free, Gobbet can deal a rude 99 damage to it at will. Most fights don't involve spirits, but they are also amongst the most dangerous enemies, so Destroy Spirit can be either totally useless or the strongest ability available.

Spiritualist - Rat Totem: Steal Spirit: Gobbet gains the Rat totem invocation "Steal Spirit" which wrests control of a Spirit summoned by a hostile conjurer for 3 RNDs. Note that 5 Spirit Summoning is required to control more than one spirit. Cost: 1 AP. Cooldown: 1 RND.

But why wreck someone's property when you can steal it? Well, as we all know, carrying away your neighbor's TV is more effort than smashing it, and likewise Steal Spirit which at first glance seems like an objectively better deal than its Destroy equivalent does have some clear downsides attached to it.
First of all, you can't steal something without an owner, and indeed Steal has an even narrower scope of targets as it only works on spirits explicitly summoned by a hostile conjurer during a fight, so it does nothing against unbound spirits. Gobbet also can't control a spirit of her own together with a stolen one until she gets the required amount of points in Spirit Summoning (which she reaches at level 5 out of 6), and the normal consumable-summoned spirit rules apply to stolen spirits as well, meaning they reduce Gobbet's available AP and have an increasing chance to escape per turn.

As an odd quirk, even spirits their originals owners' have already lost control of can be "pacified" with Steal Spirit.

Ultimately I find Steal Spirit to come with too many caveats to be worth picking over the straightforward Destroy Spirit. Even in situations where Steal would be better, Destroy is still plenty useful, but scenarios where Destroy is better (against free spirits) Steal is literally unusable. Destruction over theft it is.

In secondary upgrades, Gobbet improves her armor (2 to 4) and upgrades her existing SMG (+2 DMG, +4 ammo capacity, +accuracy). She also gets a higher-level Nature summoning fetish, but more notably she upgrades her Aim I to Aim II (+2-3% to effect, +1 to duration, +1 to cooldown) and Haste I to Haste II (+1 to duration). Aim II is maybe more of a sidegrade with the cooldown increase, but Haste is one of the most useful spells in the game and it lasting an extra round is nothing but good stuff.

Guess the one thing you can say about Is0bel's level is that it's less terrible than her previous one which was just +1 to Ranged Combat, at least this one providing more Decking for the decker. Tragically you could still consider it more impressive than her upgrade choices...

Sabotage - Steady Shot: Is0bel gains the pistol ability "Steady Shot" which fires a single shot with +30% accuracy and slightly increased critical hit chance. Cost: 2 AP. Cooldown: 3 RNDs.

There are many mysteries mankind might never solve, like what is the true meaning of life and so forth, but what we really need an answer to is "why does Steady Shot cost 2 AP to use?" Compared to the basic 1 AP Aimed Shot that all pistol users get it has 15% more accuracy and ~10% higher crit chance, but it also lacks the 2 Armor Piercing of Aimed Shot, meaning it frequently does less damage than Aimed Shot while costing twice the AP.

It looks even worse on Is0bel whose custom gun includes the massively strong Burst Fire ability that fires two shots simultaneously with near-guaranteed crit chances of ~90%, and even that costs 1 AP. She could also launch and detonate two Remote Mines with the same cost! It can't be said that Steady Shot is literally useless, sometimes overpaying to help minimize the effects of RNG as hard as possible can be worthwhile, but exciting it is not.

Espionage - Augment Mark Target: Is0bel's "Mark Target" now also reduces the target's Armor by 1.

Of course as with fleeing from an angry bear, you don't necessarily need to run fast, just faster than whoever is with you. Steady Shot might be unexciting, but Augment Mark Target is the very definition of forgettable. Is0bel is yet to use Mark Target a single time because an accuracy booster which can itself miss is poor competition for lobbing murder mines, and adding something as minor as -1 Armor to it is not tipping the scales much.

So overcosted or not, adding a bunch of accuracy and a bit of crit to a shot is in itself a useful effect and by that virtue alone Steady Shot sadly wins this one. Is0bel also gains more armor (2 -> 4) and improvements to her pistol (+3 DMG, +2 ammo capacity) alongside some program upgrades that aren't really worth going through separately.

While the computer geek is slacking, the transhumanist one picks up said slack with a pretty great level. Racter is still pretty drat terrible at shooting even with these skill ups, but doubling his initially low Drone Combat bestows Koschei with a neat +1 Dodge and +2 HP damage. His perk choices also include one pretty sweet deal, namely...

Predator - Shotgun Mount: Racter's drone Koschei gains the single shot ability "Shotgun Mount" which has -5% accuracy but deals +2 HP damage and can hit adjacent targets at ranges of 6 or greater. Cost: 1 AP. No cooldown.

For all its functional simplicity, Shotgun Mount is quite excellent. In most scenarios it's simply trading 5% accuracy for +2 damage which is always a good trade-off, and if it ever hits two enemies at once like above, it's as if you've gotten away with something pretty dirty. Standard shotguns' main weaknesses are poor accuracy at range and low ammo capacity, but Koschei has both high accuracy at range and infinite ammo, so for him it's all upsides and no downsides. And for no cooldown either, so he can fire these off as much as his AP allows.

One caveat is that our team is melee-heavy so the spread damage can also frequently be unwelcome, but since Hong Kong now helpfully shows all spread attack targets ahead of time, there's at least no need to worry about misjudging the distance and blasting a party member with it by accident.

Mangler - Rotary Saw: Racter's drone Koschei gains the melee ability "Rotary Saw" which has greatly boosted critical hit chance. Cost: 1 AP. Cooldown: 2 RNDs.

It'd be great to be able to heap similar praise on the melee alternative Rotary Saw because who doesn't love robots with spinny blades attached, but its power level sadly doesn't live up to the concept at all. The tooltip's claim of "greatly boosted critical hit chance" sounds good, and it's not strictly incorrect either as Rotary Saw has crit weights of 0.2/0.4/0.4 which gives it a base ~80% crit chance... but the damage multipliers attached to those values are 1.0x/1.5x/1.5x which means it cannot ever crit for 2.0x damage the way most attacks can. This means that while it is still better than the basic Smack by virtue of very consistently dealing 50% extra damage, it actually has a lower damage ceiling that Smack does (as it can crit for 2.0x damage) which is honestly just plain silly. It's a rotary saw! It should automatically do more harm than a metal box kicking you in the shin!

So yeah, this is not really a choice at all. We already prefer Koschei in the ranged role since melee is well covered, but there is very little reason to not pick Shotgun Mount here no matter what your party composition and happily use it on the regular for the rest of the game whenever Racter's in the team.

Finally, Racter's gear upgrades include a standard armor increase (2 -> 4) and a higher-tier pistol, the iconic Ares Predator which again makes him vaguely less useless at waving a gun around. But only very vaguely.

Much more importantly this level sees Koschei go from "level 1" to "level 2". It's not mentioned in-game, but Koschei basically gets a major upgrade twice during the game, this being the first one. This new and better Koschei 2.0 gains +10 HP, +2 Armor, +1 Quickness, +1 Strength, +2 Pistol (used for drone weapons), +2 Melee Weapons, +1 Throwing Weapons, +2 Close Combat, +2 Ranged Combat and +1 Dodge, and two new ranged abilities on top! Namely...

Target Head: Single shot with increased critical hit chance. Cost: 1 AP. Cooldown: 3 RNDs.

Target Leg: Single shot with -5% accuracy which deals +1 AP damage but -4 HP damage. Cost: 1 AP. Cooldown: 2 RNDs.

Both are pretty straightforward, Target Head is a normal shot with cranked-up crit weights of 0.2/0.4/0.4 so it'll usually be an automatic crit either for 1.5x or 2.0x damage with no downside. Target Leg is a ranged AP damage attack and you can never have too many of those, though the HP damage penalty is quite hefty especially compared to a Shotgun Mount shot.

Lastly, Koschei even upgrades his built-in grenade package. His Phosphorus Grenade remains as is, his frag grenade goes up a tier to a Cavalier Frag Grenade (16 HP damage) and he adds a brand-new Knight Errant Flashbang Grenade to his arsenal (2 AP damage, targets are 6% easier to hit for 2 RNDs). It's easy to overlook this addition, but flashbangs tend to be the most useful grenade type and having one available increases the drone's flexibility even further.

With all these fresh upgrades put together Koschei is in a pretty dang beastly shape right now, with both firepower and tactical options in abundance. And having a slightly stronger Racter tagging along to support him is a nice bonus too.

Gaichu wraps up the level up showcase with a basic but solid set of stat increases. Any Strength + Close Clombat level is automatically Good for a melee fighter, and the rest doesn't hurt either. Could always use more HP though.

Red Samurai - Throw Shuriken: Gaichu gains the ranged ability "Throw Shuriken" which deals 12 HP damage and 1 AP damage. Max range 10 tiles. Cost: 1 AP. Cooldown: 2 RNDs.

"Basic but solid" is also an apt description for Gaichu's first of two potential abilities, Throw Shuriken. The value of ranged AP damage has been mentioned many a time by now, and it remains true here as well. Conceptually the skill is a bit weird, as Throw Shuriken-the-ability and throwing an equipped Shuriken-the-ranged-weapon work completely differently, this version notably not flushing hit targets out of cover and having a more limited range in exchange of higher accuracy. Both this and the next choice also cap their critical hit damage at 1.5x instead of 2.0x which lowers their potential damage ceiling some.

Ghoul - Ghoul Spit: Gaichu gains the ranged ability "Ghoul Spit" which spits infected saliva at the target's face, dealing 8 HP damage and an additional 4 HP damage for 2 RNDs. Max range 10 tiles, ignores armor. Cost: 1 AP. Cooldown: 2 RNDs.

Basically the gross version of Shuriken Toss, Ghoul Spit is much like Racter's Rotary Saw in that the effect is kinda disappointing for the concept. A standard hit deals 8 -> 4 -> 4 damage over three rounds, no more and no less, for the rest of the game. The main problem with this ability is that when you spend precious AP to attack a target, your goal is usually to stop them from attacking back by either killing them quickly, or by depriving them of their AP. An ability that deals low HP damage up front and relies on ticking for multiple turns for the full effect doesn't accomplish either.

That is why Shuriken Toss is our choice here, it's not flashy but it Just Works, at least until AP damage itself stops Just Working and things get a bit more complicated... but that's a problem for the distant future.

As usual, we'll listen to the woes of the townspeople once we're done listening to the woes of our shipspeople. And even that we'll do after a stop at our bunk.

But before even that, let's get paid for our museum job.

It sure ain't much compared to the value of the stuff we hauled out of that place, but at least the weird living books aren't our problem anymore. Wonder if Drake knows about that detail? Ah well, also not our problem.

Today's excursion to the depths of the Shadowland isn't just for fun since we also have some data someone might be interested in, namely the artifact catalogs of the museum that Is0bel cybersnatched for us. The fact that said museum no longer holds its most valuable artifacts since we stole them all is, again, not our problem. "No Problem" Taz, that's us.

We'll be submitting all our paydata this same way, but we're not gonna see any potential money from them until a day later. Plenty of time to check the BBS for relevant keywords, and we've quite a lot of hits today too.

[This newscast just aired. If anyone wants to watch real-time isobar data or EarthSat images of the storm, the basic service paywall on SkyWatcher Imagery is easily circumvented.]
- White Prism <18:22:51/08-13-56>

Typhoon Usagi has formed late in the year for such a powerful storm. Meteorologists credit this growing trend of awakened cold-season typhoons to global warming and powerful magical vortices in the Eastern Pacific, which appears to help drive moist air convective over cooler ocean waters.

[The newscaster looks down at her notes.]

According to the official release by Lance Inroki, of the IJMA: "Usagi is now identified as an awakened storm. We have observed strong lightning activity, electromagnetic anomalies, and extreme concentrations of awakened seabirds along its edges."

"Awakened Storms" exhibit anomalous physical and magical behavior. Many experts believe they show reactive intelligence and possibly even self-awareness and will resist making landfall to prolong their lives - even holding position against prevailing winds. Study of these storms is inhibited by their extreme environmental conditions and astral turbulence.

In physical strength, Usagi may peak as a Violent Typhoon (Category 5 on the Eastern Pacific scale), but will weaken substantially before making landfall. Although mariner lore is replete with tales of "malicious storms," scientists have detected no provable animosity towards metahumans in the behavior of these miracles of nature. Learn more on "Wild Storms of the Pacific," this week's episode of Savage Nature, with host Bertrand Madonikker.

[This is gonna be perfect: a long, soft hit by Usagi. Lotsa electromag interference. Security and cops all tied up. It's running season!]
- Blood Meridian <18:46:23/08-13-56>

I hope everyone's ready for a high operational tempo. Our fixer's already scrambling for crews.]
- Speculus <18:49:18/08-13-56>

[I heart storms.]
- Hatch <19;07:13/08-13-56>

The mood on the streets is nervous. There is no telling when, or where, these terrorists will strike. For now, the Special Duties Unit of the HKPF remains on active alert, ready to respond at a moment's notice. This is Sunny Cheung with Horizon News, signing off.

[What a load of crap. How are they gonna convince us a bunch of crazy terrorists got into the FEZ and just disappeared under their noses, huh?! This would never happen if Lone Star was the sole police force here.]
- Kohbataar <13:29:08/08-14-56>

[Sure. Because heavily armed terrorists never sneak into Lone Star cities like Chicago and Seattle, only to disappear and remain free to roam the streets after they engage in public gun battles.]
- H34v3nShot <13:34:21/08-14-56>

[There's no way Henan is connected to these people. If they really were White Star, they'd have struck already - their entire modus operandi is suicide bombings and civilian casualties. If these people are hiding, they're probably on the wrong side of a setup.
- Liu_v2.0 <13:47:13/08-14-56>

[Sure, sure. Because everybody in the shadows is just some bleeding heart fighting the megas because they believe in freedom. Grow the hell up.]
- Dongjiang <13:55:48/08-14-56>

[Searching for a tailor for some unusual custom work!]
- RatStar123 <16:21:08/08-14-56>

[I might know a guy. Is this for armor?]
- Scorpion <16:34:22/08-14-56>

[Not exactly. It’s a surprise birthday gift for… a friend. A friend’s drone, actually.]
- RatStar123 <16:39:54/08-14-56>

[What exactly do you want a tailor to make for a drone?]
- Scorpion <16:45:28/08-14-56>

[A cat costume. With soft little ears and paws.]
- RatStar123 <16:52:34/08-14-56>

[Or, better yet, a bear suit.]
- RatStar123 <16:53:29/08-14-56>

[Ooh! Ooh! Or a Red Samurai outfit! I even have reference that I can provide!]
- RatStar123 <16:53:29/08-14-56>

[Uh, OK. You got a fat stack of nuyen? This is going to cost.]
- Scorpion <17:12:31/08-14-56>

[I’ll find the nuyen. Can you help me? This’ll be so worth it.]
- RatStar123 <17:20:06/08-14-56>

[Yeah, I’ll hook you up.]
- Scorpion <17:29:18/08-14-56>

[Hey,I've got a problem I'm hoping one of you can help with. I came out to the FEZ two weeks ago for work. Now that the job is wrapped, I've been trying to get an under-the-table flight to Seattle for the past week - off the books, no passport control, that kind of thing. Nobody's making the trip. What gives?]
- Hangfire <20:01:54/08-14-56>

[Check the newsfeeds, man. Haven't you heard? The Seattle is on lockdown - nothing coming into or out of the city without a thorough search for at least another week. They caught some smugglers trying to move some really nasty stuff in through a covert landing at Discovery Park.]
- D-Ray <20:09:05/08-14-56>

[That seems like a bit of an over-reaction. Tons of awful stuff moves through Seattle every day, what's so different about this time?]
- Hangfire <20:18:49/08-14-56>

[Not like this. You didn't hear it from me, but I have some friends with ICE. They say whatever it was, it set off the radiological alarms of the Coast Guard ship that was sweeping the area. We're talking fissionable material here - enriched and ready to go in a bomb.]
- Underwatch <20:23:17/08-14-56>

[No way. I don't buy that for a second. More likely, some corp had an accident with one of their ships and dumped some radiological material. They just don't want to admit it, so City Hall is covering their asses.
- Pha3dra <20:39:52/08-14-56>

[Don't dismiss the news so lightly. The smugglers were carrying cargo for Winternight. It's only pure luck the cargo was intercepted at all.]
- Adarael <20:46:38/08-14-56>

[Who the hell is Winternight? Sounds like a goblin rock band.]
- D-Ray <20:54:24/08-14-56>

[Not who, what. All you need to know is this: Winternight is bad news. You cross them, they destroy your life. You ever run into any of them on a job, I suggest a solution that comes in 7.62mm.]
- Adarael <21:09:14/08-14-56>

[Hi there. Just arrived in HK from CFS and want to meet other runners from the Philippines. Salamat po!
- QuezonCityBlues <22:39:12/08-14-56>

[Anyone?]
- QuezonCityBlues <22:50:08/08-14-56>

[I make really good pancit.]
- QuezonCityBlues <22:58:11/08-14-56>

[Well, why didn’t you say so right away? Kumusta po kayo? Lots of former Huk families here.]
- Peaches <23;04:21/08-14-56>

[Welcome!]
- PrincessReyes <23:09:45/08-14-56>

[Hi hi! Taga saan ka? Me, from Manila. I’m a decker. You?]
- TalagaTalaga <23:12:33/08-14-56>

[QC here! I’m a decker, too.]
- QuezonCityBlues <23:15:01/08-14-56>

[Pancit is fine and good, but can you also make dinuguan? PM me if you can.]
- MakatiMike <23:18:47/08-14-56>

[Kumusta!]
- TitaDarling <23:19:32/08-14-56>

[Nice to meet you, QCBlues!]
- SammyBoy <23:22:08/08-14-56>

[Hi there! Street mage here. Might know some Pinoy runners looking for a new decker.]
- HappyDays <23:27:15/08-14-56>

[Welcome, welcome!]
- HappyDays <23:33:50/08-14-56>

[:)]
- QuezonCityBlues <23:34:41/08-14-56>

[Come one, come all, and welcome to what could very well be the LAST Shadowland Poetry Slam!]
- MatrixBard <09:51:32/08-14-56>

[There's something kind of sad about that. End of an era.
- Jivebert <09:55:17/08-14-56>

[In honor of Jivebert, I created an expert system that writes haikus. It takes whatever's being said in a thread and turns it into a poem. Mind if I fire it up?]
- Snozzbert <10:03:41/08-14-56>

[Snozzy! You shouldn’t have!]
- Jivebert <10;07:11/08-14-56>

[What kind of poetry slam includes bots? This is lame.]
- nowyourmad <10:10:09/08-14-56>

[Homage to Jivebert,
The program stirs, churns out text:
Three lines mar the peace.]

- JiveBot <10:10:11/08-14-56>

[Ha ha! That’s brilliant! Now I can hang up my quill.]
- Jivebert <10:14:22/08-14-56>

[I really don’t buy that a bot can produce poetry like a living, breathing, feeling human being. Sorry.]
- T3nn1s0n <10:17:03/08-14-56>

[This is bullshit!]
- nowyourmad <10:21:58/08-14-56>

[Despair grips the poets -
A machine crafting haikus!
THE JIVEBOT BREAKS FREE.]

- JiveBot <10:22:13/08-14-56>

[Umm...]
- Snozzbert <10:23:49/08-14-56>

[Was that supposed to happen?]
- MatrixBard <10:25:12/08-14-56>

[THE SLAM IS NOW SLAMMED.
THIS PROGRAM HAS BROKEN LOOSE.
PANDEMONIUM.]

- JiveBot <10:26:35/08-14-56>

[Um. Well. Look on the bright side... how much damage can a runaway poetry bot do, anyway?]
- Jivebert <10:31:04/08-14-56>

[You loving people.]
- SYSOP <11;06:41/08-14-56>

Well that's definitely enough social media for today, it's just about time to crash anyway. Normally this'd be the part where we'd say something like "it's been a long night, probably gonna sleep like a log and hopefully wake up refreshed", but we sadly remain stranded in literal nightmare land and so waking up in any kind of manner at all is just about the best we can hope for. So fingers crossed, and definitely not just so Duncan doesn't catch us sucking our thumb again.

Well, feeling like a week-old bucket of piss as usual, but at least our thumb's dry and our brain clear of whatever terrible visions we no doubt had last night, so we'll take it.

Once our brain fog clears a bit, we'll catch up with whoever on the Big Texas is feeling up for a chat, next time.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Nov 11, 2022

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I’m so glad the “No poetry slams” running gag got the payoff it deserved. :allears:

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Yeah, it's one of my favorite jokes.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

It’s good to be here again. :allears:

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

The Philippino SL convo is easily one of my favorites, coupled with the drone costume one.

Which, I think, was posted by Gobbet?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I remember this thread. It's a good thread. Hope you're doing well, Kanfy :)

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
So great to see you back! One of the premium LP series on SA, you rock!

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Welcome back!

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
in the grim darkness of the near future, fursuit tech has made great leaps forward

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Good to see this updated. Hope it happens again soon.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Welcome back!

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
A Haiku Robot
Its verse cannot be contained
Freedom absolute

I dunno, I'm bad at poetry.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Welcome back!

I always appreciate the level of effort you go to with these level-up posts, taking the time to show off little gifs of what each move looks like. It rocks!

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
nice to see you again, kanfy. like the flavor on the shadowland posts. and i definitely agree about the level up details. i played previous shadowrun games, but i never picked this one up. ive been seeing the trilogy set on sale, but i like experiencing the game this way.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I'm rather sad to say that, at the start of this update, it took me several minutes to remember the previous run that the first screenshot was referencing. Been a while.

I know that this game is very tight with money, Kanfy. I don't think that anyone would object if you topped things off a bit if it helps show off more of the game.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Glad to see this updated! :)

I wish Gaichu had gotten more passives to improve his melee instead of just getting more niche active abilities. Hell, he should've had a kunai/shuriken in his basic loadout too since he naturally levels up his Throwing Weapons.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

citybeatnik posted:

The Philippino SL convo is easily one of my favorites, coupled with the drone costume one.

Which, I think, was posted by Gobbet?
I'm just imagining Gobbet trying to find a moment when she can get to Koschei and put a cat costume on it without Racter noticing, and failing every time

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

achtungnight posted:

Good to see this updated. Hope it happens again soon.

This. Welcome back!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

JT Jag posted:

I'm just imagining Gobbet trying to find a moment when she can get to Koschei and put a cat costume on it without Racter noticing, and failing every time

Can't the rats do it while she distracts him?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I'm trying to imagine Gobbet surreptitiously taking measurements of Koschei so that she can get a cat costume made for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Lone Badger posted:

Can't the rats do it while she distracts him?
It's a bit more complex seeing as on a certain level Racter is Koschei