Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Friendly reminder:

This game

had netplay. It was released in 2004.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i like potemkins stray arm

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
GGXX#R is already on the PC with netplay for free and honestly anyone who is worth playing against already knows of its existence. It sucks that ArcSys said that they are using current steam releases to judge a possible xrd release on steam when all they are releasing is BBCT, #R, and Isuka

edit: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/22/creating-guilty-gear-xrd-signs-characters/ heres the article

quote:

Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN has only been announced for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, but what about PC? A representative from Arc System Works fielded this question, "We have BlazBlue on PC and also on Steam. What we’re doing is testing how it works out and depending on how it goes we could consider it, but we can’t give you an answer at the moment."

Zand fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 4, 2014

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Releasing outdated versions of games, that are also missing netplay, on PC to check interest is second only to Japan's refusal to use GGPO because it's not Japanese on the list of the most Japanese thing I've ever heard.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I have no interest and I love guilty gear. I would jump on a PC release of ^ core and that game is getting long in the tooth as well.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I'm half-tempted to pity buy it so it sends a positive message to ArcSys, but if I do that it'll either convince them to release more recent games or it'll convince them to release more outdated gimped versions of their old games.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fighting games are stupid and that I continue to play them and do nothing but get my rear end beat probably speaks to some sort of ongoing mental illness on my part.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

mango gay touchies posted:

I'm half-tempted to pity buy it so it sends a positive message to ArcSys, but if I do that it'll either convince them to release more recent games or it'll convince them to release more outdated gimped versions of their old games.

Don't spend your money on this awful port. The "Heh, maybe we'll give you what you want if you buy a couple turds first" is not only a real scummy business practice, it's very rarely how these decisions are actually made.

If GGXrd gets a PC port, it likely won't have anything to do with how well this ten-year-old port is accepted by the market. Japan is recalcitrant and stubborn, but they're not loving dense.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Mortal Kombat X is coming out April 14 for PS4, PS3, 360, XBone & PC. Goro will be a playable DLC character if you pre order now.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Weren't MK9 & Injustice absolutely unplayable on PC? I know the latter was because I wasted a fiver on it. Could have gotten a footlong Italian BMT for that.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Weren't MK9 & Injustice absolutely unplayable on PC? I know the latter was because I wasted a fiver on it. Could have gotten a footlong Italian BMT for that.

Not if you actually have friends. Then that's a helluva deal for injustice.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

All my friends play League of Legends. :cry:

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
A friend of moba is no friend of mine.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Well... League is not unlike a fighting game. Except it has strategic context for a footsie-based fighting system.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have so much trouble doing R motions :(

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I didn't grab Injustice for PC so I can't comment on that though I did hear that had widespread problems of not running well at all, but are you just talking about online? Because MK9's PC port was actually pretty well received from what I remember aside from the occasional problem people had getting it to run and the online, but online was hosed on consoles as well so that isn't surprising (it would be the definitive version of the game had they been able to include all those extra costumes from the Vita version). Any actual technical problems can probably be attributed to High Voltage (same team that made that awful running ZoE HD game) since they are the one's who handled the ports, which means people might want to avoid the ports of Mortal Kombat X since Ed has mentioned that NRS are focused exclusively on the Xbone and PS4 version and High Voltage is apparently being tasked with trying to backport the game everywhere else.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I remember mk9 pc having online issues that were video resolution dependent (lol). I tried playing matches 10+ times. only two connected, and dropped in about 10 seconds. Unless it was later patched I can't really recommend it.

Lethal League is pretty good online though.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Lethal League had a patch drop recently that fixed a lot of the issues it had with online connections, overall it's pretty stable and I can play people in different countries with minimal lag thanks to GGPO

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Pomp posted:

I have so much trouble doing R motions :(

Well you are a scrub hth

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I've managed to find one match of that Lethal League game in total and it was a stuttery mess, completely unplayable. Every other time it times out or I'm sat waiting for 10 minutes and give up. Waste of money tbh.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Sorry to hear you've been having bad experiences but I've had over 200 matches, mostly with friends, and they've been for the most part totally fine, almost lagless in some cases.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
A Steam compatible version of ggxxnet was made and ArcSys has officially acknowledged it. They even included an installation guide.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/314030/announcements/detail/230003535906923702

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

They didn't give the Wingdreams lobby address? You can't do anything unless you connect to the lobby.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Yeah, Lethal League has been an incredible amount of fun, and the recent patch really did help remove a lot of the issues we'd been having before.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
A place nearby recently got an SF2 cabinet but it's apparently Champion Edition, though I haven't been over to see. Why oh why? :negative:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

WarEternal posted:

A place nearby recently got an SF2 cabinet but it's apparently Champion Edition, though I haven't been over to see. Why oh why? :negative:

Champion Edition would be fun for a lark man! Go enjoy it. The place near me recently got Rainbow Edition in and dear god that game just slays me. Best fighting game.

I hear Champion Edition still actually has a reasonably good scene in places like Brazil? Can't really confirm that any but I think it was something I read once on Shoryuken.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

An arcade opening here at the end of the month is getting in a SF2CE cab.

I am well and ready to take drunk college kids' money.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I hear Champion Edition still actually has a reasonably good scene in places like Brazil? Can't really confirm that any but I think it was something I read once on Shoryuken.

I know some people still play it here in Brazil and even host tournaments, but it's not super-big. It's really OG tho, almost no overlap between that scene and the other ones.

Doing a bit of research, they have this ranking system, kinda like a Topanga League of sorts. It's one of those games that never went away but have their small, self-contained community that doesn't "mix" with others - like 98/2002UM. I think it's the same everywhere else in South America, really.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
CE machines seem to be really common in venues that don't really cater to fighting game players.

Basically what I want to ask is which character is best for ruthlessly crushing people who don't know what the gently caress is up. Bison has the infinite and the unblockable crusher, but that seems like stuff you actually have to practice.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Hahaha, I knew posting here would somehow turn the frown upside down. Now I'm almost hoping it is a CE machine. I will definitely check it out tomorrow.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

inthesto posted:

CE machines seem to be really common in venues that don't really cater to fighting game players.

Basically what I want to ask is which character is best for ruthlessly crushing people who don't know what the gently caress is up. Bison has the infinite and the unblockable crusher, but that seems like stuff you actually have to practice.

Zangief

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
There's a Rainbow cab at the Heart Of Gaming in London now, so I've been messing around with that a bit. The game's actually really fun if a bit silly.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning
You know, if I had the time and inkling I'm almost tempted to run a #Reload tournament on PC.

Would that interest people?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I'd rather just play #reload.

Online tournaments don't really mean anything, attract a lot of people who don't really play the game much (if it's a niche title) and take forever to finish.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

So I've been putting a few hours into KoF XIII lately, and am getting somewhat consistent with combos for Kyo and Andy. I can't do K' combos for the life of me, though. I might toss him in favour of Shen, although I'm having trouble with the timing for his f.B -> qcb.A qcf. A for some reason. I'll figure it out, though.

The actual question I have for KoF players is about Kyo. I can land some of his lengthy corner combos reliably, but came across one on the Dream Cancel wiki I'd like to figure out. It appears to be his most damaging combo for 50% drive and 1 stock in a corner:

Cl.C, df.D xx qcf.D, rdp.B, dp.A [DC] qcf.D, Air Super, qcf.B, rdp.B, dp.C

I can land the super just fine by inputting it with an up motion at the end, so he just pops up slightly and it comes out quickly, but can't follow up with qcf. B. The super pushes him too far away, and the kicks just whiff. I have the same problem doing the combo with EX Super, where I can follow it up with qcf. A, but not the qcf. B after that which supposedly lands. Is it just a question of the timing being really tight, or am I missing something simple, or is the wiki just wrong?

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

Hobojim posted:

So I've been putting a few hours into KoF XIII lately, and am getting somewhat consistent with combos for Kyo and Andy. I can't do K' combos for the life of me, though. I might toss him in favour of Shen, although I'm having trouble with the timing for his f.B -> qcb.A qcf. A for some reason. I'll figure it out, though.

The actual question I have for KoF players is about Kyo. I can land some of his lengthy corner combos reliably, but came across one on the Dream Cancel wiki I'd like to figure out. It appears to be his most damaging combo for 50% drive and 1 stock in a corner:

I can land the super just fine by inputting it with an up motion at the end, so he just pops up slightly and it comes out quickly, but can't follow up with qcf. B. The super pushes him too far away, and the kicks just whiff. I have the same problem doing the combo with EX Super, where I can follow it up with qcf. A, but not the qcf. B after that which supposedly lands. Is it just a question of the timing being really tight, or am I missing something simple, or is the wiki just wrong?
Do each special as early as possible or else the opponent's body will float too low. The air super must also be done as early / low to the ground as possible.

Remember that when linking one special into another, you can buffer the motion of the next special during the recovery of the previous one and hold the button so that the special comes out as soon as you recover. This makes 95% of links involving specials (or supers) really easy because the timing for most of these combos is usually just "do the next special as early as possible."

Holding the button for the super won't help since you need to delay the button until Kyo leaves the ground. There's no trick to getting the air super as low as possible. You just have to practice the timing.

The timing for the air super is actually a little loose. It's possible to do the super a little late and still be able to link QCF+B, RDP+B but the opponent will be too low for DP+C. When this happens you should be able to recognize that you did the super a little late (opponent floats a little lower during QCF+B) and use DP+A instead of DP+C.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hobojim posted:

RE:Shen, gently caress the timing, just pump it out as fast as you can. Just about the only combo's i've encountered in KoF that want you to be careful with timing are Shen Woo's 4 stock 100% hd juggle; and that's only because if you're too fast instead of an HDC you'll pull out a super cancel.

MURPHAGATOR!
Apr 6, 2013

Another busy day at the
Fight House.

Pomp posted:

RE:Shen, gently caress the timing, just pump it out as fast as you can. Just about the only combo's i've encountered in KoF that want you to be careful with timing are Shen Woo's 4 stock 100% hd juggle; and that's only because if you're too fast instead of an HDC you'll pull out a super cancel.

Raiden's big combos you have to do specific delays after hits to get extra frames for dropkick charges. It's great and horrible at the same time.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
http://shoryuken.com/2014/09/10/kin...ater-this-year/

Yay for more KOF that isn't a shmup (I guess it doesn't matter if you're already playing these on ggpo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

KingShiro posted:

http://shoryuken.com/2014/09/10/kin...ater-this-year/

Yay for more KOF that isn't a shmup (I guess it doesn't matter if you're already playing these on ggpo)

Those games are remakes that aren't on ggpo actually, so that's pretty cool. I hope they have netplay though I'm not holding my breath. (2k2 UM is supposedly pretty cool.)

• Locked thread