Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Do they even have megabudget moopies anymore? All I see from the Phase 4 list are bunch of clunkers and whole lotta TV shows. Now that the OG crew of almost every super high paid actor has left with the exception of Chrish Hempsworth, Benditor Curbandatch and, uh, Scarbo is on her way out after Black Widow: No One Cares What Happens In This One (?).

They also don't need to wrangle up everyone for the Avengers movies anymore which I imagine lessens the need to shell out like 360 Million buckaroos (holy hell) like they did for the Purple Scrotum Man final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Budgets are always going to be high when you have to pay 10000 digital artists.

I bet Shang-Chi will cost $150 million despite having a more unknown cast.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
They all look like Captain Marvel tier weird poo poo to me.

mallratcal posted:

Budgets are always going to be high when you have to pay 10000 digital artists.

I bet Shang-Chi will cost $150 million despite having a more unknown cast.

That's exactly the budget! I googled both its budget and the Black Widow budget (200mil) last week because the cheapness of Shang Chi annoyed me. Half of the trailer looked like it was lit with nature light only.

Also Chang Chi is not really a Chinese word, I could go on but whatever.

stephenthinkpad fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 3, 2021

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Black Widow will probably introduce a new character to replace her

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

General Dog posted:

We’ll send him Disney movies
Most of them very bland
La la-la

He’ll have to sit and watch them all
While we monitor his hands

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Andro Dunos posted:

I've watched the first season of Schitt's Creek and it's... fine?

It won a bunch of awards in later seasons so I'm wondering if it's worth sticking it out for another 57 episodes until it becomes great.

Tip posted:

I did not like it, but you made it farther than I did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uILYe_mBIlI

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

pacerhimself posted:

Black Widow will probably introduce a new character to replace her

I think it's established that the young blonde girl in the trailers is the replacement.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Yeah, Florence Pugh is taking over.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

General Dog posted:

Most of them very bland
La la-la

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Galewolf posted:

Do they even have megabudget moopies anymore? All I see from the Phase 4 list are bunch of clunkers and whole lotta TV shows. Now that the OG crew of almost every super high paid actor has left with the exception of Chrish Hempsworth, Benditor Curbandatch and, uh, Scarbo is on her way out after Black Widow: No One Cares What Happens In This One (?).

They also don't need to wrangle up everyone for the Avengers movies anymore which I imagine lessens the need to shell out like 360 Million buckaroos (holy hell) like they did for the Purple Scrotum Man final.
they'll do something slightly unexpected in the tail end of the early movies in the phase that gets people talking and builds anticipation for the next big event
that's what happens every time
the hype cycle is as much a part of the marvel formula as the villain being a bad version of the hero

my guess, they're going string a small plot thread through the mid-credit scenes of the four movies that are released this year so people will show up to the next one to get answers/find out more

or maybe it won't be mid-creits maybe it'll be just before the credits this time 😲

galactus maybe? secret wars? house of m, secret invasion, marvel zombies?
oh wowwww they didn't even say anything about that! that means that blahblahblahblahblah they're gonna blahblahblah and 90% of that will turn out to not matter but people will forget about that because the movies will be enjoyable in their own right (the "return of the jedi" effect)

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Also lollin at extremely jacked Kumail

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/NeilBreen/status/1389298508004397056

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:hmmyes:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

What if star war beat up star trek and Abrams directed it all and it was all pew pew wooosh woosh kaplow!

Have you ever thought about it

I read a fanfic story where the star wars galaxy bled out into the star trek galaxy and then the son of Han Solo (then emperor of the galactic empire) stole a bunch of babies using the star trek teleporter

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I don't think Breen should be able to have access to time travel tech.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Shinjobi posted:

What if star war beat up star trek and Abrams directed it all and it was all pew pew wooosh woosh kaplow!

Have you ever thought about it
welcome to the thread, nostalgia critic

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

mallratcal posted:

It's just a bunch of laptops with the time zone set to Central

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Marvel successfully stuck the landing on the project to incorporate all the moopies into a cinematic universe with a clear end goals of Defeat Thanos, Make Billions, Establish Brand. the next part imo is actually interesting to me - what the gently caress do you do next? do you spin it all up again for another decade with new bad guy, returning cast, replacements etc.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

LanceHunter posted:

If Disney stopped making their megabudget super-hero movies, they would just spend that money on middle-of-the-road family comedies like Flubber and The Mighty Ducks. Whether or not that is an improvement is an exercise left to the reader, but it's not going to suddenly turn into a flourishing of artful cinema or anything.

the strong ecosystem is what makes for the occasionally good moopie, even downstream effects like instead of other studios imitating disney-marvel by inventing the dumbest poo poo like the snyderverse or the dark cinematic universe they now imitate disney by running their own diverse line of mid-budget films makes for a healthier community that might squeeze out something good once in a while

an era of non-stop good films is unrealistic, it's never happened, but you can definitely improve what we have currently because, by all standards, things have been pretty dire since like 2007 imho, and i think it's because these megaprojects vacuum up too many resources

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

mallratcal posted:

I would like to see his take on a time travel story.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

breen disappearing into a time vortex is probably the best possible ending for him

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Jon Irenicus posted:

Marvel successfully stuck the landing on the project to incorporate all the moopies into a cinematic universe with a clear end goals of Defeat Thanos, Make Billions, Establish Brand. the next part imo is actually interesting to me - what the gently caress do you do next? do you spin it all up again for another decade with new bad guy, returning cast, replacements etc.

I don't think they're putting all their eggs in the next Fantastic Four movie feat. Buff Jim Stretchman because it's destined to be mediocre, but I imagine they want to set up Dr. Doom as the next bad guy. I figure Marvel goes this route because these movies require robots to punch and if Dr. Doom has one thing its endless armies of robots.

For a while there it looked like Skrulls were gonna be the main thing that gets punched next, but I don't think people liked it. They'll still try Skrull punching for a while but eventually go back to robots.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

hard counter posted:

is johnny cage really so beloved?

having a move that lets you punch balls really goes a long way

The United States posted:

https://i.imgur.com/8AB7Z9j.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/Euf9vvX.mp4

That state of the art puppet really does some great work in selling it

this scene was recreated for a professional wrestling program seen by millions

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1387564648208244740

then the new MK movie came out and they forgot to include Johnny Cage

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
I watched Koyaanisqatsi again tonight for the first time in years, I think the last time I saw it was on DVD. The blu-ray transfer, holy gently caress. and the audio.... unreal

give us 4K Baraka/Samsara Fricke you coward, I know you have the 8K scans :argh:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Galewolf posted:

The Marvel movies have always been more star-makers rather than paying out for massive names. It's funny to see the old casting announcements for the Thor and Captain America movies with writers being confused why they were casting unknowns and not like Josh Harnett or Shia LaBeouf lol

Cubone posted:

they'll do something slightly unexpected in the tail end of the early movies in the phase that gets people talking and builds anticipation for the next big event
that's what happens every time
the hype cycle is as much a part of the marvel formula as the villain being a bad version of the hero

my guess, they're going string a small plot thread through the mid-credit scenes of the four movies that are released this year so people will show up to the next one to get answers/find out more

or maybe it won't be mid-creits maybe it'll be just before the credits this time 😲

galactus maybe? secret wars? house of m, secret invasion, marvel zombies?
oh wowwww they didn't even say anything about that! that means that blahblahblahblahblah they're gonna blahblahblah and 90% of that will turn out to not matter but people will forget about that because the movies will be enjoyable in their own right (the "return of the jedi" effect)

Both Secret Invasion and Marvel Zombies have already been announced for Disney+, and WandaVision heavily cribbed from House of M. It is weird that they haven't announced an Avengers-level team up movie, though I could see the Eternals movie setting up a new cosmic big bad (it probably has to be Galactus)

Firebert fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 4, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

mallratcal posted:

Isn't that immoral?

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

Isn't that immoral?

https://i.imgur.com/ZF8n5Qr.mp4

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Please someone tell me that's a bad photoshop, dear lord.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Tired: paying voice actors
Wired: maggie-centric Simpsons shorts

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Please no Falcon and Winter Soldier spoilers I'm not caught up

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Galewolf posted:

Please someone tell me that's a bad photoshop, dear lord.

a bad photoshop made by Disney

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Reality Protester posted:

a bad photoshop made by Disney

I don't wanna be a pixel lord but they attempted to add shadows to Maggie in relation to the lightsaber glow but just sorta winged it and it looks like someone filled it with a mouse and the brush tool

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Was it the Rise of Skywalker poster that turned out to use a Palpatine toy for his image.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Tom Gorman posted:

I don't think they're putting all their eggs in the next Fantastic Four movie feat. Buff Jim Stretchman because it's destined to be mediocre, but I imagine they want to set up Dr. Doom as the next bad guy. I figure Marvel goes this route because these movies require robots to punch and if Dr. Doom has one thing its endless armies of robots.

For a while there it looked like Skrulls were gonna be the main thing that gets punched next, but I don't think people liked it. They'll still try Skrull punching for a while but eventually go back to robots.

I would be on board 100% with Doom being the next big bad, but they would really need someone to ham it up and I'm not sure about the tone.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Groovelord Neato posted:

Was it the Rise of Skywalker poster that turned out to use a Palpatine toy for his image.

Frankly I respect it more for dumb poo poo like that

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

General Dog posted:

Most of them very bland
La la-la

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

It's just so lazy