Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

A Man and his dog posted:

But why are you seeing Tay Swift?

Because it is better than listening to her. :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
I met Alex Boone today here in Cleveland. He is pretty skinny. I told him I was sorry he lost his weirdo coach and got a neanderthal

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Is this thread suggesting that I am cheating death because I have a colostomy bag, and what does it have to do with football?

Discuss.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Jerome Agricola posted:

Is this thread suggesting that I am cheating death because I have a colostomy bag, and what does it have to do with football?

Discuss.

Is it within the permissible range of inflation? Don't want the commish coming down on you.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Just moved to a new apartment in DC and my next door neighbor is Steelers DL Clifton Gaethers. Tomorrow we may go to the Golds across the street and slap some power and muscle on our quads with some front squats

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Pron on VHS posted:

Just moved to a new apartment in DC and my next door neighbor is Steelers DL Clifton Gaethers. Tomorrow we may go to the Golds across the street and slap some power and muscle on our quads with some front squats

Please keep us updated with all the juicy details

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

swickles posted:

I was just reading about how Ballers (the new HBO show) is pissing off the NFL because they feature actual teams and jerseys and such. Its legal to do without permission, so long as you are using the logo as intended (like in a game, while training, practicing, etc.). I am hoping they take the extra step though of showing players in Redskins jerseys snorting blow while firing guns randomly into the air on a yacht. With the Redskins trademark cancelled, or set to be cancelled, I can only imagine how pissed the NFL would be and for once powerless to stop it.

bring back Playmakers

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jerome Agricola posted:

Discuss.
kill you are self

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Pron on VHS posted:

Interesting! Tell him I hope he finds his way to a more just team!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

Don't hurt yourself trying to out lift him

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Malloreon posted:

bring back Playmakers

Watched it this year. It still holds up.

Had guys getting angry at people celebrating touchdowns, wife beating, drugs, and gay player

Edit: Holds up besides the running backs being the main part of the offense.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Didn't the nfl lean on ESPN to kill playmakers?

That show owned.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

Oh poo poo where in DC?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

swickles posted:

I was just reading about how Ballers (the new HBO show) is pissing off the NFL because they feature actual teams and jerseys and such. Its legal to do without permission, so long as you are using the logo as intended (like in a game, while training, practicing, etc.). I am hoping they take the extra step though of showing players in Redskins jerseys snorting blow while firing guns randomly into the air on a yacht. With the Redskins trademark cancelled, or set to be cancelled, I can only imagine how pissed the NFL would be and for once powerless to stop it.

I was wondering how they managed this given the way the NFL shut down Playmakers for much less ostentatious images of the life and not even using real NFL terms. I was fully expecting only to hear city names and generic uniforms with close enough colors.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The NFL has no leverage on HBO. What are they gonna do, end Hard Knocks?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Basically the NFL had a little more power then than it does now. Also, ESPN wanted (and got) the rights for MNF so they were willing to play ball early on. This is produced by HBO. HBO has never really had an issue with tackling controversial stuff. They did the Scientology documentary and basically dared the "Church" to sue them because they did so much legal legwork that I think just that part cost more than the documentary itself. And they basically give no fucks. You can also see it in John Oliver's show where he mercilessly goes after FIFA, but more importantly (and consistently) the big name advertisers of the world like Coco-Cola, McDonalds, etc.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

And they basically give no fucks.

They cancelled Deadwood though.

:argh: forever

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
John Oliver is such a perfect fit for hbo

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Grittybeard posted:

They cancelled Deadwood though.

:argh: forever

What league was protesting that?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I remember liking Airliss. I'm the only one that did though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Basically the NFL had a little more power then than it does now. Also, ESPN wanted (and got) the rights for MNF so they were willing to play ball early on. This is produced by HBO. HBO has never really had an issue with tackling controversial stuff. They did the Scientology documentary and basically dared the "Church" to sue them because they did so much legal legwork that I think just that part cost more than the documentary itself. And they basically give no fucks. You can also see it in John Oliver's show where he mercilessly goes after FIFA, but more importantly (and consistently) the big name advertisers of the world like Coco-Cola, McDonalds, etc.

the other part of it is HBOs financial are guarded by like a secret coven of jew lizardmen greys and no one knows how much money they have and even how they freaking make it.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

swickles posted:

The league of people who enjoyed the best tv series ever made?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

The league of not wanting to spend so much money as far as I know, along with jackass David Milch being more interested in working on John from Cincinnati. I guess what I'm getting at is they do have some fucks to give, even if they're willing to go a lot farther than other networks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bring back Carnivale :smith:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I still haven't finished deadwood.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Atticus Finch posted:

Oh poo poo where in DC?

Van Ness

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Eifert Posting posted:

I still haven't finished deadwood.

It's real good, you should finish it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is it reasonable that I'm real pissed Rick and Morty starts at the same time as the football season? Those are basically the only TV I watch and it's really annoying that I've had basically nothing since the Superbowl.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Eifert Posting posted:

Is it reasonable that I'm real pissed Rick and Morty starts at the same time as the football season? Those are basically the only TV I watch and it's really annoying that I've had basically nothing since the Superbowl.

Rick and morty starts in July though??

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Just dvr it and watch it after the games on Sunday.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

the other part of it is HBOs financial are guarded by like a secret coven of jew lizardmen greys and no one knows how much money they have and even how they freaking make it.

I thought it was quasi common knowledge that HBO makes its real money on hotel contracts.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

swickles posted:

I think it was HBO that also did an NFL show in the early 90s which was basically a documentary of the early 80's Raiders with steroids and all kinds of stuff that still goes on today.

Can't remember the name of it but I know it was before Arli$$.

e: I think this was it? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_%26_Ten_%28HBO_TV_series%29

noted people such as LT Joe Namath Marcus Allen and Delta Burke, who was later replaced by Shannon Tweed. Oh poo poo OJ was in there too.

TeeMerk fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 12, 2015

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sweeper posted:

Rick and morty starts in July though??

I absolutely love training camp/the preseason. Doesn't everyone?

Last weekend I watched preseason game one early in the morning in a mainland china cafe that looked like a 60s titty bar. Bandwith was aaaaaawful.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Get NFL Rewind and you can watch football whenever.

For example, today I watched the last game the 49ers had Harbaugh/Willis/Gore/Iupati/Smith/Borland/Crabtree/Lee/Davis/Culliver/Cox/Skuta

:smithicide:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Plus the iPad app somehow does not detect expired subscriptions. Mine was supposed to be up in March or w/e but it still worked on the iPad in May though the website said I had no active subscriptions. Hopefully it still works once I get out of the woods this fall.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The NFL gave us rewind for "free" but it expired and I haven't seen any season tix perks for '15 yet.

Whatever the NFL gives us this year the niner fans should get like double.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

FizFashizzle posted:

Bring back Carnivale :smith:
It was ultimately a bad show despite a good first season and the only reason it isn't made fun of like Lost is because it was canceled at the right time.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

that's a hell of an av

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sour Diesel posted:

that's a hell of an av

Killing is his business and

quote:

Business is Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@RapSheet: #Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer was arrested last night and charged with battery with intent to cause bodily harm, per the Walton County Jail.

• Locked thread