Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

bagshotrow posted:

The journals also contain a number of dates which you might try entering into the observatory. There is at least one date associated with Sirius and one with Achenar.

You wouldn't happen to have those dates handy, would you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
We were going to haunt various parts of Asiina if we died, but she dominated the combat and we are all safe. FOR NOW

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah no murders is definitely off because we just killed like 15 dudes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina rocks.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Actually our whole team rocks, drat.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Everything is still on fire.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
FL murdered both rarity and viva at bif's insistence. bif pushed it on to FL as she was apparently expecting me to try and stop any killing action, which would have led to me attacking FL if I had that in my actions

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Uhhh what the hell guys.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Stickup has reported accurately.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Well, OK, that sucks.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

i feel like it's not a very surprising outcome, given the incredibly large build up to it. I think bif didn't want to keep hitting them on the head every night basically.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I'm not going to abrogate all my responsibility for this, I probably still wouldn't have killed them if I hadn't been convinced it was a good idea.

There's some stuff we learned yesterday, some of which Bif alluded to, that made this the right call.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, yeah, you're there and we aren't, so I'll be open to hearing about why.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

A thing is going to happen that has the possibility to lead to the death of someone over here, though that's not for certain. Y'all should know it's not because of a bamboozle, but due to a dangerous test.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ok, just try to make it not quidnose who dies.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So the dangerous mission is to play Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.

Bags is the bomb defuser, and there needs to be 5 people (3 of which must be players in this game) to be the manual readers.

Max has volunteered and so have I. Is there anyone else who is good at this game and wants to volunteer to participate.

You will need to be available at 5:30 Pacific/8:30 Eastern tomorrow (Friday) for at least an hour to play and also it would be preferable if we could get some practice in all together.

Who wants to help?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
oh, this is why you asked :stare:

I have never played it (or heard of it) and it is very unlikely I am around friday afternoon/night

Max
Nov 30, 2002

We only just found out. Bags had to commit to it blind.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

drat I wanted to play that but I just got home!!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it's tomorrow friendo!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo: That's amazing!

It would be an active detriment if I were to help out, so good luck!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Yeah I started to try and read the rules and I feel like this is the kind of thing where I'd be completely lost and not-that-useful.

If there's a lack of volunteers I can play.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I've played ktane drunk a few times

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I've followed some of the current Let's Play of that game. It seems like something I would really get into, but I haven't worked out yet what that is in my timezone. I'll check soon to see if I could participate.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

All right that would be 10am my time. I could possibly join. I'll discuss the baby corral situation at home to confirm.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a day late but fwiw this week's Official Confessional Prompt is:

What's missing? What do you or your character need in order to progress?

alternatively: Which of your victory points matter? Do you have any guesses as to the three hidden conditions?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Okay, Bagshot and volunteers, I recommend watching this video. We will obviously not be on this guy's level, but it may inspire you.

https://youtu.be/5BhHkvHcUfo

Watch how he gives the info, moves on to let the expert work, and keeps tabs on the needy modules in between. The needy modules can be a worry if you forget about them.

Volunteer experts: watch how it's important to keep the chatter down. Pipe up to signal when you're ready with instructions, but if the defuser is busy and tells you to wait, stay quiet and wait.

In the short time we have, the most important thing for everyone is to get familiar with what each module looks like and what it's called. Then let us know if any look like too much of a pain for you, or which ones look easy to you. Perhaps we can assign certain types of modules to certain people ahead of time.

Consider this me putting my hand up.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yes, we will have a chat tomorrow and probably a practice round or two in order to better get into sync, since the first few rounds are always rough. We can talk about preferred modules and methods that work well. I'm poo poo at complicated wires, but great at Morse code. I had a good system for the one where you need to remember the positions but I need to remember it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Yes, we will have a chat tomorrow and probably a practice round or two in order to better get into sync, since the first few rounds are always rough. We can talk about preferred modules and methods that work well. I'm poo poo at complicated wires, but great at Morse code. I had a good system for the one where you need to remember the positions but I need to remember it.

If you're great at Morse code I'll be happy to ignore that one entirely. Maybe I can work on complicated wires since I am fond of Venn diagrams.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm good at that one. We've been talking about this in our channel, but the plan is to assign each person certain modules so there is no cross talk.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So we're starting to put this together and really need to know who can play.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I can't, unfortunately; out tonight.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah the timing of a Friday night on a long weekend isn't super great.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Yeah the timing of a Friday night on a long weekend isn't super great.

It's Saturday morning over here, I'm in. Hope we can start working out who's on what module soon, though. Btw the time you gave, is that when we start the real attempt so we gotta get in our practice by then?

I just woke up for a bit but I feel the best thing I can do to prepare more is to sneak in a bit more sleep.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

It's Saturday morning over here, I'm in. Hope we can start working out who's on what module soon, though. Btw the time you gave, is that when we start the real attempt so we gotta get in our practice by then?

I just woke up for a bit but I feel the best thing I can do to prepare more is to sneak in a bit more sleep.

You should hopefully have an invite to the PM group?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

You should hopefully have an invite to the PM group?

not yet

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'll be around tonight but I work until 7 so I probably won't be home until 7:30 and I'm not exactly a champ ktane player

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
We're not playing until 8:30, so hopefully it's fine?

We don't need everyone to be awesome, you just need to be able to do 1-2 modules.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
So, uh, DBD, Anarc, you guys alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think Anarc gg'd out, dunno about DBD. They didn't opt to go into the book, though they could have.

• Locked thread