Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

BL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

B

L

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
BI

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

AI

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
BL

And Rubia fighting as she does is exactly why I was advocating a shield-based fighting style.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
we're actually fighting alongside Amiya, right?

BL

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

bonus hole boy posted:

BL

Yeah, Amiya's the younger sibling and Rubia's the older sibling.

LLSix posted:

Amiya & Beayro, Tin
Description: yellow haired training partner two years older than you
Amiya is a head taller and much stronger (winter solstice six)
Beayro is a little bigger but proportionally stronger than Wotjeo (winter solstice six)

Vaquera - Amiya's Mom, a farmer
Description: older than your mama, but she’s obviously well-muscled with orangish-brown hair.

Rubia - Amiya's sister, Lead-Tier prodigy
Description: Bright blond hair

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

bonus hole boy posted:

BL

Oops, yes. Fixed.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 22, 2019

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
BI
After we help our best fighter beat up her opponent, we can ask Amiya to help Felero.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Dinictus posted:

L

And Rubia fighting as she does is exactly why I was advocating a shield-based fighting style.

You decide to leave your dragon’s teeth in their sheaths and rely on the very limited wrestling skills Mina taught you before the Luchamadra. You won’t be as effective as if you’d switched to throwing your dragon’s teeth, but as much as you hate these bullies, you don’t want anyone to get badly hurt.

You don’t want your own friends to get hurt either though so you tell Milagra. “Nice kicks! Please help Beayro before he’s overwhelmed!”

Milagra grins victoriously and runs to the left with her spirit companion. Meanwhile, you turn to the right. Zoa and her spirit companion are already down, but maybe you and Wotjeo can keep Felero and his bear brother, Poca, in the fight. With a roar, Wotjeo slams into Poca’s opponent from the side. The enemy silver bear is bigger, but not much bigger than either Wotjeo or Poca and wasn’t expecting to be attacked from the side. Wotjeo’s initial charge knocks the other bear over and that’s all you have time to see.

The female Lead tier thrashing Felero isn’t half as surprised as her spirit companion. Poca, like Wotjeo, is almost as big as younger Lead tier silver bears and the fight between the silver bears was much more even than that between the two humans. When you try to tackle the female Lead tier she staggers backward but doesn’t go down. Her fist hammers down on your shoulder and you release your hold on her waist and scramble backward. Crawling and rolling on the ground, you desperately avoid her stomping foot.

Felero shouts “I’ve got this! I don’t need your help!”

Your best friend charges forward and is sent reeling back by a ferocious jab. His attack gave you enough time to get back to your feet though. Felero doesn’t work well with you, and both of you often get in the other’s way. Every time you get close, the female Lead punishes you with brutally painful punches. As often as not, your return attacks hit Felero in the back as he moves in front of you, and you have no few bruises on your back from getting in Felero’s way too.

Felero shouts again. “Help someone else! I can fight my own battles!”

Frustrated, you pull back. Seizing on the opening, the female Lead tackles Felero to the ground and starts pummeling the snot out of him, just like Decavo tried to do to you so long ago. When you move in to help, the Lead sits up and you jump back to avoid her fist. Felero struggles to push her off him, but she’s more than twice her age and he’s just not strong enough to roll the much larger and stronger girl off him the way you rolled Decavo off you way back when.

Pinned flat on his back and helpless Felero looks at you and shouts. “I know what I’m doing! I've got her right where I want her! I can win without your help!”

Looking behind the Lead tier who has him pinned, you see Wotjeo and Poca turn from putting down the older girl’s spirit companion and coming to help.

1) You...
A. Crush the female Lead as a group.
B. Wave Wotjeo away and let Poca and Felero finish the fight on their own. Even odds they lose while you move on to the next fight.
C. Let Wotjeo help while you move on to the next fight.
write in

You pant for breath, pain pulsing from your many bruises. You're not sure how many more fights like that you can handle. You try to take stock of the wild brawl to decide where to go next. The fighting is too widespread and chaotic for you to make sense of all of it, but you can piece together the closest bits.

Glancing past Felero you see Javiero, one of the two oldest Tin's on your side but a Farmer's son fighting a larger tin. A battered Facundo is trying to drag his spirit companion to the side of the cave and out of the fighting.

To your left, Cacho, Adolfo, and Silvia have all ganged up on the smallest Tin who came with Cordero. Even with incredibly lopsided odds, Adolfo's spirit companion is lying unconscious on the cave floor put so is a spirit companion you don't recognize. Maybe the Tin's? When Cacho and Silvia's spirit companions get back to help their partner's they'll probably win that fight.

Behind you, Milagra's spirit companion is down and bleeding badly. Milagra and Beayro are still fighting furiously against the male Lead's spirit companion. You have neither the time, nor are close enough to tell if the bleeding is life-threatening, but Milagra's spirit companion was clawed by a silver bear more than three times her age.

The Lead tier fighting Amiya is still completely focused on her and doesn't look like he's been able to hurt her much. Amiya's armor must be protecting her from any punches that make it past her shield.

2) After this you move...
G. Forward to help Javiero, one of the three Tin's on your side.
H. Decisively put down the Tin fighting Cacho, Adolfo, and Silvia and take charge of their group
I. Stop Milagara's spirit companion's bleeding.
J. Attack the spirit companion Beayro and Milagra are fighting
K. Help Amiya with the male Lead tier she is fighting.
write in

Hoping to update at least once more this afternoon. Will depend on how quickly votes come in and how busy I end up being.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 22, 2019

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
BI I'm guessing Felero has some weird dream keeper trick he thinks he can pull off, better give him room to swing and sort it out

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
BJ

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

BK

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Bremma posted:

BI I'm guessing Felero has some weird dream keeper trick he thinks he can pull off, better give him room to swing and sort it out

That's what I was thinking. Either that or his pride. Either way, we should leave him be. BI Death is not fun, and we've trained a little in preventing it.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

BI.

Can Wotjeo support Milagra while we stop the bleeding?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

BJ

sotary
Sep 11, 2001
B I I was going to go with A I , but I guess let Felero have his pride. Also, it seems like the clan thinks getting beat is a way for people to grow.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

malbogio posted:

BI.

This, we can switch to a bit of triage, check that bleeding and treat if it's bad, while Wotjeo keeps fighting.

Either Felero has a dreamkeeper technique ready to go, or he feels like he needs to experience getting his rear end kicked. Let him have his pride, we already stepped in front of an opponent like we're his mom.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
BI. That wound sounds gnarly.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

sotary posted:

B I was going to go with A I , but I guess let Felero have his pride. Also, it seems like the clan thinks getting beat is a way for people to grow.

malbogio posted:

I.

Pinned flat on his back and helpless Felero looks at you and shouts. “I know what I’m doing! I've got her right where I want her! I can win without your help!”

Looking behind the Lead tier who has him pinned, you see Wotjeo and Poca turn from putting down the older girl’s spirit companion and coming to help.

You shout “Good luck!” to Felero and ask Wotjeo to help Beayro and Milagra fight the last Lead tier silver bear opponent still fighting.

Your beloved bear brother barrels past you as kneel beside Milagra’s bleeding silver bear spirit companion, Anzuelo. Anzuelo’s has several deep claw slashes from fighting with a Lead tier opponent more than twice her size and strength. The wounds, you’re pretty sure now, wouldn’t have been fatal if she’d gotten treatment immediately after the fight. They are pretty bad though. Fortunately, you’ve started carrying a small pouch of healing salves in a belt pouch to tend to yourself during your spars. You take out one of the tins with a salve good for stopping bleeding. When you go to smear the salve on the first claw slash, Anzuel lets out a growl of pain and snaps at you. You just barely manage to jerk your hand back in time.

You glare at Anzuelo. “Hey! I’m trying to help you. I know it hurts, but it will hurt worse if you don’t let me help you.”

This time when you smear the salve on Anzuelo doesn’t snap at you, although he does whimper and growl in pain. These are not the best circumstances to try to treat someone. The growling and snapping sounds as Wotjeo, Beayro, and Milagra wear done their larger, more skilled silver bear spirit companion opponent are frankly terrifying. The metallic clangor as Amiya blocks the male Lead tier’s attacks with her shield or slams it into him every time he tries to pull away and help his spirit companion doesn’t help either.
Finally you finish treating Anzuelo. He’ll be fine for now, but he really needs a visit to one of the two Healers as soon as possible. As you put away the rest of the salve Wotjeo and Beayro both sink their teeth into the legs of Amiya’s opponent. They both pull back and drag the muscular teenager’s feet out from under him. Milagra and Amiya move in to literally stomp him.

Just as you’re getting back to your feet strong arms wrap around you and a heavy weight slams into you from the side. You’re disoriented as the female Lead-tier Felero told you he could handle on his own tackles you to the ground but you have just enough presence of mind to roll both of you away from Anzuelo who you just finished treating. Anzuelo has just as much fight as his other half, Milagra, and snaps furiously but ineffectually at the female you’re wrestling with before you roll her away.

Steering the fight away from your patient, Anzuelo, proves to be a costly decision though as she ends up on top of you, your left arm pinned beneath her legs as she straddles your chest. She tries to grab your hair but the tightly packed weave Mama styled it in this morning doesn’t give her any purchase and you still have your right hand, your off hand free. Flailing it about with as much strength as you can muster, you are able to knock her grip loose.

Wotjeo’s voice roars in your mind. “I’ll help you!”

You mentally shout back “No. Keep hold of that leg! Don’t let him up!” If Wotjeo moves to help you, the older, larger, stronger Lead might manage to escape what should be a swift, one-sided beat down.

While you were briefly distracted, your opponent has switched strategies and settled for punching you repeatedly in the head. You flail wildly, moving your head enough that some of her punches miss and block others but you aren’t going to hold out much longer. Already the edges of your vision are fading in and out.

With a furious scream, Silvia, the daughter of your current sifu, slams into the side of your opponent. It’s a beautiful hit, but she’s only survived five winters and her slight strength and weight is only enough to tip the much older and larger female Lead-tier you are fighting over, not tackle her.

You try to roll her off her again, but your timing is thrown off the by the ringing in your ears from being hit so many times and her weight settles back on top of you with your dominant arm still trapped. Your opponent’s attention is mostly focused on fending off Silvia now, though she is still enough faster and stronger to break you grip every time you try to grab her the way Mina taught you. She’s so focused on dealing with both of you that she doesn’t notice Silvia’s spirit companion, Teodosio, sneak up and jump onto her back. The weight of Teodosio drives your opponent flat down onto and all the air in the lung escapes as you grunt in pain. You both gasp for air at the same time. Your opponent tries to push herself back up with her hands but you hit her arms with your own and she collapses back on you. Her wild and tangled hair obscures you view, so you don’t see Teodosio lightly bite the back of her neck. You do feel her immediately stop struggling as she wheezes out. “I yield.”

You know from Papa’s stories that you’re allowed to take any one thing as a trophy from an opponent of the same clan if they attack you. You aren’t supposed to hurt them once they yield or are incapacitate them though. You’re not thinking straight at the moment though and you’re almost certainly this girl beat your best friend unconscious.

1) How do you deal with the surrendered Lead?
A. I'm very angry. I try to kill her by forcing her neck against Teodosio's teeth.
B. I'm very angry. I pretend to accept her surrender and then beat her unconscious once I'm out from under her
C. I want my trophy! I tell her to wait here until the fight is over. She might get up and keep fighting as soon as my back is turned.
D. I want my trophy! I tell her to wait here until the fight is over and ask Teodosio to keep her pinned
E. D, but I am wary of her enormous strength and skill and ask Silvia to stay as well
F. I don't have time for this and I don't trust her. I tell her to leave and never come back.
write in

When you get back up, the area around you is relatively calm. All three Lead attackers are down and Wotjeo is limping towards me. One of his front legs has a nasty bite in it that needs to be treated soon, but both he and I can probably manage one more fight.

As you survey the rest of the fights you are suddenly nauseous and the edges of your vision gray out. You turn and vomit everything you've eaten up in the last two days. The nausea passes as soon as it came but leaves you feeling woozy and light-headed. You just got hit in the head a lot and are going to need to lie down soon. You downgrade your condition from probably manage one more fight to maybe, but your friends still need you.

Felero is down and not moving. You can't tell if he's still breathing from here, but he's not lying in a pool of his own blood, so he'll probably be fine. Probably.

Javiero is going toe to toe with one of the Tin's Cordero brought. Javiero is also Tin tier, but he's from a Farmer family doesn't have the same sort of combat training everyone on Cordero's side got. If someone doesn't go help him soon, he's going to lose.

Amiya is moving to face one of Bato's cronies who is currently trying to grab Camina's spirit companion by the scruff of the neck without getting bitten. There's no sign of either Camina or the Bato's crony's spirit companion. This is a nominally equal fight, but her shield gives her a significant edge.

Milagra is charging towards Bato who is fighting against both Chuno and his spirit companion.

Yolanda, like Javiero is Tin tier but from a farming family. She's currently wrestling on the ground with Bato's second crony who is notably larger and more muscular.

2) What next?
M. I provide medical aid to any of my wounded friends
N. I provide medical aid to any of my wounded friends and enemies afterwards
O. N, but I treat whoever you I come to first
P. I help Javiero
Q. I help Amiya
R. I try to beat the crap out of Bato
S. I help Yolanda
write in

I apologize if this has more typos than usual. I'm short on time and will come back and clean it up when I get a chance.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 26, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
E

P

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

can we see felero?

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
1 - Write in

"Look at this mess! All I want from you right now is that you help your clan. Hunters learn first aid, right? Or you're really strong, you can carry people to the healer. You help the wounded on your side, I'll help the wounded on my side. Both our sides lose a Lead. I know you're stronger than me. You're a skilled warrior and you've trained well. I know when we let you up, you can beat me down. I know. Please don't betray your honor. Please help your clan heal."

M

We've been working on our social skills, let's use them. The instigating Lead is down, so is Felero. We can try to de-escalate fights with her and treat the wounded. We know that she blindsided a healer, which is like shooting a medic, and she went with a group to beat up some kids. But she didn't draw her weapons so she's got some honor and she might not be irredeemable. With this out, maybe we can turn an enemy into an ally, we are all Bears after all.

- Also we clearly have a concussion, and we should know enough about that to take ourselves out of the fight, a few more blows to our head and we might not just go down, we might never get back up.

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 23, 2019

A Ceiling Fan
Aug 18, 2018
D
P

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

F
S

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

C.P.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Toughy posted:

can we see felero?

Down and not moving but not bleeding either

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Could the trophy be an immediate favour- to switch sides or at least take one of her team out of the fight as we did her?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Mr. Prokosch posted:

1 - Write in

I wouldn't mind diplomacy but the last thing we should be doing is admitting our weakness to our bullies.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
DP

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I wouldn't mind diplomacy but the last thing we should be doing is admitting our weakness to our bullies.

I can see where you're coming from, but she surrendered. Complimenting her and admitting that she's strong and cool even after her defeat restores her pride and defuses her rage at losing. We have public fights all the time where we lose, our capabilities at the moment are not a secret.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Mr. Prokosch posted:

I can see where you're coming from, but she surrendered. Complimenting her and admitting that she's strong and cool even after her defeat restores her pride and defuses her rage at losing. We have public fights all the time where we lose, our capabilities at the moment are not a secret.

Certainly not a secret to her. She fought you in the sparring matches previously. She was one of the ones who went out of their way to hurt you before defeating you.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
C P

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

LLSix posted:

Certainly not a secret to her. She fought you in the sparring matches previously. She was one of the ones who went out of their way to hurt you before defeating you.

Well, that ups the odds that she's going to immediately pounce when we let her up. But maybe Felero still has this, and he fell asleep during the match as part of a technique?

I'll stick with my vote, it might be a bit rational for Pumie right now, but I figure with the nausea and concussion she's feeling more tired and disgusted then blindly raging. It goes with the much earlier vote where we resolved that some people were going to hate us and we should try to show them that we aren't evil or dangerous. We also regret how things went down with Decavo, so we might overcompensate. I'd rather take the risk, let her up and give her the chance to be a better person

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mr. Prokosch posted:

1 - Write in

"Look at this mess! All I want from you right now is that you help your clan. Hunters learn first aid, right? Or you're really strong, you can carry people to the healer. You help the wounded on your side, I'll help the wounded on my side. Both our sides lose a Lead. I know you're stronger than me. You're a skilled warrior and you've trained well. I know when we let you up, you can beat me down. I know. Please don't betray your honor. Please help your clan heal."

M

We've been working on our social skills, let's use them. The instigating Lead is down, so is Felero. We can try to de-escalate fights with her and treat the wounded. We know that she blindsided a healer, which is like shooting a medic, and she went with a group to beat up some kids. But she didn't draw her weapons so she's got some honor and she might not be irredeemable. With this out, maybe we can turn an enemy into an ally, we are all Bears after all.

- Also we clearly have a concussion, and we should know enough about that to take ourselves out of the fight, a few more blows to our head and we might not just go down, we might never get back up.
Fine I'll go with this.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

E
M

I don't trust her one bit considering her cruelty past and present. The healers are probably going to lecture all of us later but we can hopefully give them less work to do before they see or hear about this cluster gently caress.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
C I don't trust her much either, but these guys are following the rules of brawling so far, so a part of me expects that to continue. Maybe that's a pride thing too.
S If we help Yolanda, she's less likely to go down and the others seem to be doing okay.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Mr. Prokosch posted:

1 - Write in

M

Sure

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
DM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Prokosch posted:

1 - Write in

M

I'll support this plan.