Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Far too much veg in that box.

Yeah, I've never seen a Munchy box with that amount of salad in it, and the boys in my work get them every Friday for lunch, so I know them well. And where's the onion rings and the giant soggy naan bread that rests atop the entire monstrous mound of food? That's a weaklings' Munchy Box. (Probably a nancy southerner version of the true Glasgow/Ayrshire one.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's like a heart coronary in a box :swoon:

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

Irisi posted:

Yeah, I've never seen a Munchy box with that amount of salad in it, and the boys in my work get them every Friday for lunch

Please tell me a munchy box isn't intended to be consumed by one person :psyduck:

This has to be the most horrific box I've learned of since watching Seven.

sex pervert fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 23, 2013

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Rarity posted:

I just found out that a girl I work with was the first evictee on this year's Big Brother :psyduck:
:stare:

Please tell me EVERYTHING because Sallie is an amazing force of nature and I wanted her to win. Is she that mental in real life? Do you like her? She was detested by the BB crowd but I reckon she seemed alright really. Got some mouth on her though

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
also as someone who has been watching Big Brother every year, well beyond the point where most people stopped caring, I think the first week of this series has been the best for a long time. The eviction interview on Friday was amazing, it had Rarity's workmate, who is insane, and an actor who had been paid to pretend to be a housemate sat next to eachother. Ensue hilarious car crash TV where the girl pretty much destroyed his interview by interrupting him constantly and incessantly and rudely berating him for being a deceitful and fake arsehole. Because she didn't understand the concept that he was a paid actor.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Pablo Bluth posted:

I once spotted Helen from Big Brother in a branch of WHSmiths. Ten seconds later other people recognised her and started asking for autographs. That's the limit of my BB claim to 'fame'.

To tie this in with the current topic of discussion, I served Eugene from Big Brother in a McDonalds. Nice chap.

FelixMeOneMoreTime
May 11, 2010
I saw Rachael the Beyonce lookalike from Big Brother 2010 in Leeds station once, and saw the modern day caveman Nathan from the same series getting off a train near Bradford. I think Rodrigo the Brazilian lived in Leeds too, as lots of folk in the local gay scene said he was well known for being predatory in gay clubs.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
After that one pleasured herself with the bottle on the lawn, BB really had nowhere left to go.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Paperhouse posted:

Please tell me EVERYTHING because Sallie is an amazing force of nature and I wanted her to win. Is she that mental in real life? Do you like her? She was detested by the BB crowd but I reckon she seemed alright really. Got some mouth on her though

Not having seen her on the show I can't really say how she compares to her in real life. She's definitely got a gob on her and a clear 'don't gently caress with me' attitude but she's friendly and gorgeous. If she counts as mental then I know people here who are way more crazy.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Rarity posted:

Not having seen her on the show I can't really say how she compares to her in real life. She's definitely got a gob on her and a clear 'don't gently caress with me' attitude but she's friendly and gorgeous. If she counts as mental then I know people here who are way more crazy.

TV adds 10 lbs of crazy.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Pablo Bluth posted:

After that one pleasured herself with the bottle on the lawn, BB really had nowhere left to go.

Yeah, I think that was the shark-jumping. It couldn't go anywhere after that.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

onoflalks posted:

:gonk:

It's the clear Scottish water and fresh Scottish air

Speaking of Channel 5's history presenter, I don't think they could go wrong with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXl4R3XXz0k

"JLC" never recovered from that parody, his work dried up and he began acting like a maniac to his girlfriend.

the best thing brookers ever done.

edit: apparently itv2 and channel5 kept giving him his own chat show well into 2009 :psyduck:

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 23, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Is this where I talk about Scott & Bailey?

StrawmanUK
Aug 16, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

There's also the McDownward Spiral, which is where you get a chicken sandwich and the cheeseburger, and put the cheeseburger inside the chicken sandwich.

NOOOO, you put the chicken burger inside the cheeseburger and its known as the McGangbanger. Its delicious!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Paperhouse posted:

She was strong willed and didn't take no poo poo. The general public were terrified of her. BB always goes the same way: The strong get voted out, then you have the truly vile pieces of poo poo who somehow remain till 4 weeks from the end, then you have the finalists who are always boring fucktards. This is how it always goes apart from the series with Pete.

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

I've lay here and watched some Big Brother because you jerks were talking about it earlier. It's still the same old shite. A shower of attention-hungry morons bickering with each other about who is the most real and who's fake and who they've "connected" with. Curiously, they're still completely preoccupied with what "the public" might think of them. Guys, seriously, chill out and enjoy yourselves in there. You're on Channel 5. Nobody is watching.

Before the ad break they announced a competition: "FED UP WITH GETTING THE BUS? CAR KEEP BREAKING DOWN? WELL YOU COULD WIN THIS BRAND NEW MINI COOPER!"

Well, at least they have a clear target audience in mind. The ads were mostly for albums with songs I've never heard. Also when did "piff" become a word. Christ I'm feeling old.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Regarde Aduck posted:

She was strong willed and didn't take no poo poo. The general public were terrified of her. BB always goes the same way: The strong get voted out, then you have the truly vile pieces of poo poo who somehow remain till 4 weeks from the end, then you have the finalists who are always boring fucktards. This is how it always goes apart from the series with Pete.

That series was just as bad. Grace and Nikki were awful and while Aisleyne made it to the final 3 she was treated like poo poo by the show and the media

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

sex pervert posted:

Also when did "piff" become a word. Christ I'm feeling old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_-Bjt30PU

Around 1995

Rarity posted:

That series was just as bad. Grace and Nikki were awful and while Aisleyne made it to the final 3 she was treated like poo poo by the show and the media

My favourite thing about Aisleyne was that her and Charlie Brooker became mates and she was in a few Screenwipes and that

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

sex pervert posted:

Please tell me a munchy box isn't intended to be consumed by one person :psyduck:
Mars bars and pizzas aren't intended to be deep fried, but that doesn't stop us.

(To be fair, the larger munchy boxes are eaten in two parts - the first while drunk, the rest the next morning when you wake up filled with self-loathing and cholesterol)

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

These What A Load of Buzzcocks (clip show/documentary?) episode on't BBC2 are amazing, if unnerving seeing the 90s like that

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's all wrapped up in too much "We love the 90's" fuckery.

If it was just half an hour of the choice cuts of them taking the piss out of unsuspecting musicians who'd obviously never seen the programme, it would be much better.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

sex pervert posted:

I've lay here and watched some Big Brother because you jerks were talking about it earlier. It's still the same old shite. A shower of attention-hungry morons bickering with each other about who is the most real and who's fake and who they've "connected" with. Curiously, they're still completely preoccupied with what "the public" might think of them. Guys, seriously, chill out and enjoy yourselves in there. You're on Channel 5. Nobody is watching.

Before the ad break they announced a competition: "FED UP WITH GETTING THE BUS? CAR KEEP BREAKING DOWN? WELL YOU COULD WIN THIS BRAND NEW MINI COOPER!"

Well, at least they have a clear target audience in mind. The ads were mostly for albums with songs I've never heard. Also when did "piff" become a word. Christ I'm feeling old.
Tonight was poo poo, no surprise there since the most interesting people have left already. I suppose possibly you mightn't have found it that interesting watching just one episode when they WERE in it either, but after watching the whole week it came together so perfectly. Honestly, Friday's eviction interviews were just ridiculous TV, I'd recommend it to anyone who used to like BB and especially to Rarity so that they can see Sallie being amazing. You don't need to know much of what was happening to appreciate a gobby glamour model trying to rip the poo poo out of an actor whilst he masterfully ignores/trolls her, all whilst an interview is trying to be conducted.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

goatface posted:

It's all wrapped up in too much "We love the 90's" fuckery.

If it was just half an hour of the choice cuts of them taking the piss out of unsuspecting musicians who'd obviously never seen the programme, it would be much better.

I stopped watching when Lamarr left. I feel this was the best decision I ever made.

kiffkin
Feb 13, 2007

Fool! Women called Nyla are always spies!

One Swell Foop posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01sjj11/Sketchorama_Series_2_Episode_4/

"Welcome to the annual Stoneybridge Council meeting, first one for twenty years, owing to... A Reason."
Heads up on Stoneybridge chat - Amazon's got the Absolutely DVD box set on sale this week for £8.75.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

WastedJoker posted:

I stopped watching when Lamarr left. I feel this was the best decision I ever made.
The Amstell period was great, though!

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Good news to Alternative Comedy Experience fans who have the correct Sky package! The Alternative Comedy Experience is available on Sky's Box Set thing so you can download them all with no adverts, which has my day sorted.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Akuma posted:

The Amstell period was great, though!

:getout: Really do not like Amstell.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

I saw Rachael the Beyonce lookalike from Big Brother 2010 in Leeds station once, and saw the modern day caveman Nathan from the same series getting off a train near Bradford. I think Rodrigo the Brazilian lived in Leeds too, as lots of folk in the local gay scene said he was well known for being predatory in gay clubs.

I was in a Costa having a sit down and a latte when I looked up at the gentleman next to me. He was talking to his friend with an accent like they have across the Atlantic. I was trying to figure out where I knew him from. All I could see in my head was a memory of him shouting, angrily. I racked my brains. I knew this bloke, but why did I have memories of him shouting and making me uncomfortable? Had he been a former teacher of mine? Had I upset him when I was drunk? Had I once fought this man bravely in a bar whilst in a blackout? That idea gained traction. He was dressed funny, what was it? Army man. He was in the army? Was I in the army? We were on opposing sides of the Great Transatlantic War of 2005? Was he my brother in arms against the axis of evil? Was it he that threw himself on that grenade for me? My friend, my brother, my saviour...!

It was a Big Brother contestant. His name may have been Dan.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

WastedJoker posted:

:getout: Really do not like Amstell.

Amstell period was ten times better than Lamarr and the only time the show was really worth watching.
Also, watch Grandma's House.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
I met Shabby from Big Brother. She was sitting on a curb with a hat and a guitar, because that's what Shabby from Big Brother does. I took a begrudging photo with her because I'd actually wanted to meet Josie Gibson, who didn't turn up :argh:

BB11 was the only one I ever watched, but it was fantastic. None of the other series ever interested me, but for that one I was even reading the Twitter feed for thrilling updates about Josie picking John-James' nose. And then straight after that it went to Channel 5, and all the contestants were these unbelievably awful 'trendy' under-30s and it was so loving bad that the only proper resolution would have been to gas the entire house. Is it still like that, or have they realised now that the trick to making a TV show about people's personalities is to put people with personalities in the house?

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I served the guy that won the first Big Brother (Cameron?) at his brothers wedding. I also served Michelle McManus some potatoes, that's about the extent of my claim to fame aside from being on You've Been Framed when I was 3.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I met Shabby from Big Brother. She was sitting on a curb with a hat and a guitar, because that's what Shabby from Big Brother does. I took a begrudging photo with her because I'd actually wanted to meet Josie Gibson, who didn't turn up :argh:

BB11 was the only one I ever watched, but it was fantastic. None of the other series ever interested me, but for that one I was even reading the Twitter feed for thrilling updates about Josie picking John-James' nose. And then straight after that it went to Channel 5, and all the contestants were these unbelievably awful 'trendy' under-30s and it was so loving bad that the only proper resolution would have been to gas the entire house. Is it still like that, or have they realised now that the trick to making a TV show about people's personalities is to put people with personalities in the house?

I've been watching this series. Off the top of my head, very few are normal contestants, as far as these things go. Mostly nobodies that have agents or publicists. I'll try and run them down.

Sallie Axl. 'Glamour model', although I've never seen her before. Makes the effort, I guess. Works with forums user Rarity (doing what? Is Rarity a glamour model? Probably)

Michael. An actor employed by Big Brother. Doesn't really count, obviously.

A mother and daughter combo. Mother was on some 70s shows as a pretty face or a dancer or something. Daughter was in a girlband that was ALMOST SIGNED (SHE WOULD'VE BEEN SO HUGE DUDES REALLY) and got addicted to drugs and is now clean.

A nerd in expensive clothes called Dexter (I think). Complains that he gained notoriety when 'the papers' published a story about him (a nobody) spending £120000 on champagne one night in a bar, complete with picture. He obviously paid for this coverage, and it was likely in the Express or the Daily Star. Part of his story is that he has all these sexy girlfriends because of his wealth, although on last night's show he was trying to have a conversation about being experienced with a woman in her 40s and it was cringe cringe cringe.

Daley. Professional Boxer who grew up with Dappy and Tulisa and has a Secret Origin that has yet to be revealed.

Hazel. Model. Says she's not a glamour model, but all her output seems to be promotional work in bikinis.

Geena. Like Dexter, has been in the papers before. Her mum gives her £40000 a week pocket money or something. That was a news story.

Jemima. Runs a famous dating agency or something. Might be something more to her story, but I've forgotten.

Dan. Hot Cop. Body, hair, charisma. Was a detective on Operation Yewtree, arrested Jim Davidson (or something). No idea what could POSSIBLY throw a detective on a case like that into the mix on a show owned by the same company as national newspapers...

That's 10 you can guarantee did not go through the old fashioned auditions process. I'm not even sure if there is an audition process anymore. The rest of the housemates are: a pair of singing male twins (might belong in the above category, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt), a lesbian who receives information on secret tasks from moths (classic big bro), a deaf child, a woman who looked at a caravan and a bland bland man. A blandman. A blaman. A blan.

Blan to win.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

My girlfriend is making me watch Tipping Point, please send help. Urgently

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
gently caress, just realised that Wimbledon means no Pointless.

Had just put the kettle on as well.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

WastedJoker posted:

You must be pretty bad at making decisions, amstell was fantastic, his opening joke about lamarr basically summed up lamarr's tired schtick

This is it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBUkRFOYst4&t=54s

simons banter with danny dyer was probably my favourite buzzcocks moment apart from preston walking out.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Ponce de Le0n posted:

simons banter with danny dyer was probably my favourite buzzcocks moment apart from preston walking out.
I see your Amstell, and raise you a Buxton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gQrjweCqE8&t=145s

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Fatty posted:

gently caress, just realised that Wimbledon means no Pointless.

Had just put the kettle on as well.

If you can get over Bradley Walsh (I have just recently), then the Chase is still on ITV. The folks on it the day won a cool £50,000

Also, it's poo poo that you can't get ITV1HD in Scotland.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Nah, I've found since I got my new Virgin DVR box thingy that I can't watch anything with adverts anymore. Anything on cable I'll record and watch later, I'd never bother to record The Chase.

Also, part of the point of Pointless isn't just getting the right answer, its actively doing better than the contestants. That and the witty banter.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Simon's best moment was when he totally skewered Noel Fielding for just making up random poo poo and passing it off as comedy :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Rarity posted:

Simon's best moment was when he totally skewered Noel Fielding for just making up random poo poo and passing it off as comedy :allears:

As a jaded Mighty Boosh fan I have to see this.