Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Fake news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

So I'm dumb. Is the Battle Pass a separate thing from the yearly TI compendiums? Or is BP the only thing now. I don't really care about BP because I don't play anymore but I want my yearly purchase of a compendium and the assorted goodies.

Nope, they're the same thing. There's Dota Plus (the subscription service) and the TI Battle Pass/Compendium. The TIBP is the same thing from years past; you get the assorted TI items (music pack, ward, courier, terrain, Immortals 1-3, etc.) and Compendium stuff, though instead of the old quest paths (those got reworked into D+) there's a new game mode where you just need to win games as certain heroes for the quest sets.

Also same, I've basically stopped playing entirely (ruining the queues for co-op AI games was the final straw) but I still bought the BP just for the hats.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

IncendiaC posted:

(ruining the queues for co-op AI games was the final straw)

Whaaaat? noooooo what did they do? :(

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
gently caress, I knew GESC was gonna have low production quality but this is way worse than expected.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

So they released the compendium with role queue and mutation queue that split the playerbase...on the same day as the Thanos event in Fortnite. Goodbye reasonable search times :(

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
No one wants to play valve’s dumb game modes yet for better or worse. Just do unranked ap, the queues are super short

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

Whaaaat? noooooo what did they do? :(

They added custom AIs a while back which you can choose from when you queue for a co-op bot game. It sounds great on paper since the default AI isn't great, but the game won't let you select multiple AIs to queue for if you don't care about the AI and just want to find a faster game.

What ended up happening was the already-small pool of co-op bot players got fragmented even more and now it takes forever to find a game (and each AI is split into like 4 different difficulties). There's no indication of which AI has more players queuing for it so it's basically a guessing game of "which AI are other people queuing for", and if you guess wrong it'll take like 10+ minutes before you give up and try another one.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
classic fnatic game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Apparently Vega dropped out of GESC last minute because two players didn't get their IDs back in time from getting their Visas for MDL. Nobody was brought in to replace them.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
why is the compendium doing this much better this year. looks like ppl rly wanted the rolequeueing

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

why is the compendium doing this much better this year. looks like ppl rly wanted the rolequeueing

Previous years there was Battle passes for the majors. This year though that wasn’t the case and the community was hungry for a battle pass. They were practically begging for it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Previous years there was Battle passes for the majors. This year though that wasn’t the case and the community was hungry for a battle pass. They were practically begging for it.

They were killing penguins for it!

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
It feels good tipping someone after a BIG PLAY (and getting tipped)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

turboraton posted:

It feels good tipping someone after a BIG PLAY (and getting tipped)

That reminds me, please post your bets ahead of time so I know to wager my battle points on the other team.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
shut the gently caress up and cast the game kyle

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

someone tell SVG that the battle pass came out and he doesn't need to keep slaughtering couriers

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
nahaz is pretty fiesty today

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Lol yawar

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
loving nahaz jesus christ

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
EG getting the Brazil special

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
arteezy demoted to eh-god

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Interesting how the last 2 scheduled EG games are against Secret and Fnatic.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
enjoying this livecast of odpixel developing gacha addiction

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
he even managed to get two golden rikis out of it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
woah an envy spectre game, i missed this hero

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

http://www.dota2.com/news/updates/40051/

Valve posted:

7.15:
===

* Bounty Runes now spawn every 5 minutes
* Bounty Runes now grants gold to each player (40 + 3/min)
* Bounty Runes now fully fills bottles
* Bottles heal rate increased from 80/40 HP/MP to 100/50

* Melee Creeps base gold bounty reduced by 2
* Range Creeps base gold bounty reduced by 1
* Range Creeps gold bounty increase per upgrade changed from 1 to 3 (With these changes, the total gold difference on the map at 40 minutes is 2052 less gold)
* Melee Barracks team bounty reduced from 225 to 175
* Ground Courier bounty reduced from 175 to 125 (Flying Courier is still 175)
* Tower denies now remove all gold instead of just half (previously it gave 50/60/70/80 for tier 1/2/3/4 denies)

* Agility heroes base strength increased by 1
* Intelligence heroes base intelligence reduced by 2, except for bane (base damage adjusted to remain the same)

* Neutral camp stack bounty increased from 20% to 25%
* Ancient HP regen increased from 8 to 12
* Observer Wards restock cooldown reduced from 150 to 135
* Observer Wards cost reduced from 80 to 75
* Enchanted Mango HP regen reduced from 0.7 to 0.6

* Roshan Slam damage growth increased from 8 per minute to 10
* Roshan base damage increased from 65 to 75
* Roshan base health increased from 5500 to 6000

* Removed a tree to the bottom right of the dire mid lane, near the map ledge
* Minor adjustments to the position of the powerup runes
* Reduced spawn box sizes for a few of Dire neutral spawns
* Removed a tree to the right of the bottom Radiant bounty rune
* Moved the bottom Dire T1 tower slightly down
* Moved the bottom Dire bounty rune slightly to the right
* Moved the bottom Dire shrine location slightly down
* Moved the top Dire T1 slightly to the right
* Slight adjustments to the line of sight and trees to the left of the mid Dire T1
* Ranged creeps now always spawn behind the melee creeps

* Captains Mode round time increased from 30 to 35
* Captains Mode second ban phase order changed from 2nd/1st/2nd/1st to 1st/2nd/1st/2nd

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Bonnono posted:

* Tower denies now remove all gold instead of just half (previously it gave 50/60/70/80 for tier 1/2/3/4 denies)

Owned even more noobs

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
* Bounty Runes now spawn every 5 minutes
* Bounty Runes now grants gold to each player (40 + 3/min)

Is p big

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Fives must never buy anything except wards.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
feels more like additional nerfs to 4 positions to me but i also haven't really played any games yet

what's the impact, dota players?

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

botany posted:

feels more like additional nerfs to 4 positions to me but i also haven't really played any games yet

what's the impact, dota players?

Hmm well the bigger impact was a patch or two ago when Bounty Runes stopped giving exp. A lot harder for roaming 4s to just get exp by grabbing Runes. It'll encourage more fighting for control of tunes instead of doing a timing play with wagons

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Can pudge still store runes in base indefinitely? Seems like bounties now give an extra 15g/min total for the team - wonder if it's finally worth it now since every new batch of runes is worth a total of 300 team gold more than the last.

At least this change reduces bounty-rune bitching to just bottle vs non-bottle havers.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

You'd waste so much loving time just hooking it back to base and not doing anything so definitely not.

Also alch is just super loving dead now. Moreso than before

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Knowlue posted:

You'd waste so much loving time just hooking it back to base and not doing anything so definitely not.

Never seemed to stop Pudges from doing it to get on DotaWTF every couple of weeks. At least now their whole team suffers less?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Knowlue posted:

Hmm well the bigger impact was a patch or two ago when Bounty Runes stopped giving exp. A lot harder for roaming 4s to just get exp by grabbing Runes. It'll encourage more fighting for control of tunes instead of doing a timing play with wagons
I feel like this also creates more of an advantage for lategame map control: if it's 45:00 and the enemy team can't leave their base, you get a decent chunk of team gold.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Knowlue posted:

Good. gently caress Alchemist

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Knowlue posted:

Position 4 alch is indeed super dead now, but it seems like a smaller difference for carry alch. He still gets the 3x bonus, so assuming your team is still grabbing runes isn't he just getting free gold without even having to leave lane?

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Peruvian Report: You can level up REALLY fast if you queue turbo all day, I did it for one day and I'm lvl 12, the bad part is that you have to play turbo, I might never ever play that mode again in my lyfe. Turboraton out.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
nahaz has had several times as much caffeine as anyone else on this panel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Is Keen Gaming doing it?

• Locked thread