Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Gamescom hasn’t started yet. Apparently they might show stuff off.

I hope they show some gameplay footage. I think people are starved for information and bored, therefore they're jumping on dumb poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lol you big baby

did you just assume my posting persona? wtf??

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Gamescom hasn’t started yet. Apparently they might show stuff off.

the did an interview at IGN, no new info.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think that guy speaks for literally every member of cd projekt red, but like, yeah, I do think whoever was at the controls of that PR account is probably a jackass? Why would working for a company that disagrees with him prevent him from being a shithead? And even if he didn't think it meant anything, it's not like just going 'oh popular meme' changes the meaning of the words. And also, it's not like there's some massive coalition of 'good people' on one side and 'bad people' on the other, it's totally possible to denounce gamergate and alt-right types and also hate trans people. Which, again, I am not accusing literally every member of cdpr of, but the one guy who typed that stupid meme into the word box? Yeah, maybe.

I'm not saying it's the worst crime ever visited upon that segment of society, just that it's a lovely thing to put out there and it probably made a lot of people feel crappy, especially people who put a lot of faith in CDPR, which, well, there are a lot of people who've put a lot of faith in CDPR. Deleting the tweet and issuing an apology is the extent of what CDPR can do at this point, really, but it isn't going to fix that change in perception. And again, I don't think every employee of CDPR or CDPR itself endorses that messaging at all, just that, well, someone with the keys to their PR account decided to make it look like they did.

I'm also not saying that CDPR should be burned to the ground, that any other employees should be insulted or fired or whatever besides the one guy who decided it was a good look. But people's frustration and annoyance and desire to just go 'gently caress it' is totally understandable.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

steinrokkan posted:

Like they have come out outright to tell the game gaters to gently caress off, we are making this game as political as it needs to be, but now this thread is accusing them of making secret nods to the altright? The whiplash is baffling.

Not really. Any time any joke is made now there is always going to be some offended on twitter and spiral it out to mean the worst possible thing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

steinrokkan posted:

Like they have come out outright to tell the game gaters to gently caress off, we are making this game as political as it needs to be, but now this thread is accusing them of making secret nods to the altright? The whiplash is baffling.

They did tell them to gently caress off a few times in the past I think. In one of the waypoint articles they talked about how the game is inherently political.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Well it seems y'all don't care so I'll stop. Go back to never having to worry about being in danger from anything I guess.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Davoren posted:

Well it seems y'all don't care so I'll stop. Go back to never having to worry about being in danger from anything I guess.

Good.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lol go gently caress yourself

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-new-screenshots.63366/ New pics of game.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Davoren posted:

thank you for stoping talking aboout this particular subject

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

thank you for stoping talking aboout this particular subject

this particular subject the game dev decided to joke about on twitter so it literally relevant despite your whining

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

this particular subject the game dev decided to joke about on twitter so it literally relevant despite your whining

Oh my god gently caress off. They deleted it. They've stated their political leanings in the past. Let it go for fucks sake.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Davoren posted:

People exist in the world and you can't separate these things, especially on twitter, from the times we live in.

Your "pretty popular meme" was always a transphobic attack, turning the other cheek and trying to tough it out has brought us to things like this:

https://imgur.com/a/6g9OSft

These are adults talking about a twelve year old girl. These are people trying to defend their lives, you can't look at these statements in a vacuum.

I don't think internet memes have no real world effect or that they are separate, I think it's not fair to jump to the worst conclusions about cd projekt based on one incident that is most likely a misunderstanding (for which they should apologize since they clearly recognize it now the tweet is gone).

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Looks loving amazing

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

dogstile posted:

Oh my god gently caress off.

suck my dick yall getting your panties in a bunch cause cdpr did something stupid and the relevant people got mad about it and posted about it. go take it up for cdpr for not knowing their rear end from a hole in the ground

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

You seem to be angry, friend. Take a deep breath and relax.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

We had like maybe 2 people actually think the tweet was 100% fine, the rest of today has been people generally in agreement talking past eachother.

Let's talk about the screenies, cause that second picture is so good. :swoon:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Endorph posted:

The nuclear option of 'not buying a video game'

I'm sorry to say but not buying a thing is the worst thing you can do to a company who wants you to buy a thing.

Subjunctive posted:

Wasn’t it up for like 24 hours?

I imagine it was "as soon as someone with a brain noticed it".

Anyway, dumb tweet got removed, this is good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chalks posted:

I'm sorry to say but not buying a thing is the worst thing you can do to a company who wants you to buy a thing.
Yeah but it's not like it really, hurts, anything. I would bet my life savings that this game turns an at least decent profit no matter what they decide to tweet or say about it. it's a big release by a big company with one of the most popular games of the past decade in their portfolio. And it will probably be a good game, but I doubt it'll be so good that someone who doesn't play it will be missing out on anything besides a good video game. It isn't going to be a transcendental experience that reshapes humanity's view of the world.

So if the company still makes a profit, and you can totally live your life not playing it, it doesn't hurt anything or anyone to go 'yeah, gently caress this,' and not buy it. So I'd really hesitate to call that a nuclear option or an extreme reaction. And even if the game doesn't turn a profit, somehow, it's not like that's a moral failing on your part for not buying it. Corporations aren't charities.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Poland is going through some weird poo poo right now, over night they’ve gone from a democratic country with fundamental human rights for all people to a religious oligarchy that actively encourages discrimination against people the State considers “undesirables.”

I don’t think it’s right condemn the company because one shithead felt embolden by local politics, the individual yes, but not the whole company.

Man, right off the bat, they have a lot pistol options, or at the least very a robust mod system that allows weapons look distinct from one another.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 21, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Zedd posted:

We had like maybe 2 people actually think the tweet was 100% fine, the rest of today has been people generally in agreement talking past eachother.

Apparently that vr hacking ability is in the game. So that’s cool.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Zedd posted:

Confirmed we can have a neon coloured tracksuit to wear. Game staying true to its roots.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The one additional thing this thread doesn't need is a helping of "you know how the poles are about these things"

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Do you reckon we'll be able to have our entire face ripped off and replaced with a set of bright lights too?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone please post the pics on imgur so people on Work Crew can enjoy the shinies.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I’m guessing the guys in the first person perspective shot are probably maelstrom because nobody sane would do that to their face.

I’ve been looking to get kinda caught up on the original game, other than Madqueen Show and Outstar is there any good YouTube channels to follow, also any channel that shows the original game with people that aren’t really boring to watch, only the thing IGN (I think) did with Mike Pondsmith as GM has been amusing to watch.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone please post the pics on imgur so people on Work Crew can enjoy the shinies.

:same:

I want to see the game pics. Also, I'm thinking the prediction that mid-late 2019 is accurate, so gotta tamp down the excitement in my brain. Plenty of time to build a new PC too.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm hoping this game follows suit from Deus Ex and literally every secret is accessible via ductwork

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

4 pictures from the linked thread:
http://imgur.com/a/gD35gAW

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Looking forward to cracking some skulls with my sick cyberarm and mechanical spider eyes grafted to my head

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Thanks for the pics; hope the array of cybernetics is wide and varied. My guess and hope is that the PC's rep is going to change with different factions based on how much of a cyborg one is.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I just hope the enemies aren't too spongey.

The division was a good idea but from what i hear they have damage numbers? End of the division put me off because it was just lumping round after round into a dudes head.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dogstile posted:

I just hope the enemies aren't too spongey.

The division was a good idea but from what i hear they have damage numbers? End of the division put me off because it was just lumping round after round into a dudes head.

As insane as it would be i was hoping for the hyper lethality of the tabletop where 8 points of damage immediately crushed and destroys a limb and puts you into mortal wound shock.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's a very odd system where you cant dump points into health, and every noc has the same track of health. The boss guy is tough because he has expensive armor that doesnt slow his reflexes or augs that make him stronger and the chipped skills to do kung fu all over you, but if you break his armor down a pistol to the head is just about as lethal as it would be to you.

Instead of a health bar it's a series of health stages, unharmed, wounded and impaired, and then like 5 different levels of dying differentiated by how dying you are.

It's very not videogamey

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The graphics while impressive aren't even what I like the best about the shots. the style is just nailed so far.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Eurogamer claims the new demo will be the same scenario as the previous one, but with a male character and some decisions different. Still closed doors show for press :/

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

alex314 posted:

Eurogamer claims the new demo will be the same scenario as the previous one, but with a male character and some decisions different. Still closed doors show for press :/

That's smart.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I wish they did additional walkthrough for public too, but after all the "downgrade controversy" they probably will keep the public show for late beta version.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

:( and here I figured it'd make sense to show the actual demo live to the public here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1031930291772899329