Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Woofer posted:

And if it takes being an insufferable prick with unlimited arguing stamina, kicking some doors in or knocking some skulls around then so loving be it.

That's fine. Just remember that others are doing that as well when you go off like this:

Woofer posted:

You’re making people hate you and not give a poo poo about your cause.

A lot of people are passionate about basically making things suck less and improving safety and security and equity and the environment and so on. It's going to lead to disagreements about ways and means, but we should generally try to remember that unless someone's expressly being reactionary or is a Billionaire themselves or whatever, they're probably agreeing with you 70%+ and not the actual enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

mlmp08 posted:

That's fine. Just remember that others are doing that as well when you go off like this:

A lot of people are passionate about basically making things suck less and improving safety and security and equity and the environment and so on. It's going to lead to disagreements about ways and means, but we should generally try to remember that unless someone's expressly being reactionary or is a Billionaire themselves or whatever, they're probably agreeing with you 70%+ and not the actual enemy.

If you’re on the sidelines waiting for the Democrats to steer left, you’re the enemy.

This is a bit of an embellishment. I realize not everyone is built to fight for social change and I don’t expect everyone to participate. But if you’re not happy about it and just spend all day online complaining about it, realize that that widespread apathy is why we were in this situation.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Woofer posted:

If you’re on the sidelines waiting for the Democrats to steer left, you’re the enemy.

That's a pretty small group ITT, I'd wager.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/covid19tracking/status/1339366545319858176?s=21

Man I’m just staying the gently caress inside till I get the vaccine. I know I’m lucky I can do that, but if you can, seriously just stay inside.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Woofer posted:

Again, anybody who wants info on the class is more than welcome. It’s virtual.

Can you shoot me a PM about this? (or maybe I'll just click next page and find out you've already shared a link :f5:)

Sounds like a solid way to spend some professional development money without needing to gently caress with SQL or whatever I'm normally offered, thanks.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Iain posted:

I guess I don't understand. Wasn't the stipulation for the PPP loan that you not fire people? These companies that fired people will have to pay it back right? Didn't some airliner fire a bunch of people like hours after getting their loan?

I assume they have some way of getting around it? Or at least passing the bill onto the consumers somehow while retaining less of a workforce? :shrug:

I think someone posted their stipulations in the thread. It was not to fire people while the money lasted and that it goes to the workers and is accounted for or something. The small business owners I talked to did this and then closed up once the money was gone.

Also Cole, people are focused on getting through the next hour or day and are more than happy to accept a palliative measure if it helps them do that. It doesn't make them an enemy. Change is scary because it can mean change for the worse and people focus on the negative over the positive. You should take a negotiations and a people class as well.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Everyone is angry and upset and poo poo but nothing will change unless that anger is directed at the ruling class which perpetuates the conditions that make everyone feel like poo poo, but instead people are so loving worried about peoples skin colour, or religion, or what loving brand of car they drive or any number of small stupid petty bullshit that DOESN'T MATTER

Our society is broken at a fundamental level and I really don't know an answer and am mainly venting and trying to express myself but something has to change in society or else we are just gonna drive ourselves off a cliff.

We are more worried about the most inane bullshit while people are loving starving, we all do it, I do it, and its just automatic. This shouldn't be normal.

We will never have a classless society the way behave and are raised right now. All we can do is try and organize, education and try and be better, cause I really don't know what to do really.

If I sound crazy I also did about 3 dabs before posting this

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Hot Karl Marx posted:

If I sound crazy I also did about 3 dabs before posting this

Yeah, I’d ease up on the “your racial/ethnic/religious background isn’t important” angle if seeking to build a broad coalition instead of coming across as an “I don’t see color” type. That might be some overly free flow speaking rather than what you meant though.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Say poo poo with your chest, gently caress feelings

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

mlmp08 posted:

Yeah, I’d ease up on the “your racial/ethnic/religious background isn’t important” angle if seeking to build a broad coalition instead of coming across as an “I don’t see color” type. That might be some overly free flow speaking rather than what you meant though.

I just mean its not a reason to dislike someone, like all the other dumbshit reasons people are lovely to one another

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

Can you shoot me a PM about this? (or maybe I'll just click next page and find out you've already shared a link :f5:)

Sounds like a solid way to spend some professional development money without needing to gently caress with SQL or whatever I'm normally offered, thanks.

Sent

I’m sorry for unleashing my anger. I’m not sorry for being angry or for my viewpoints.

I’m stressed and I’m going to hang with Monty and work on a puzzle or something.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Literally the only reason I still have a roof over my head at this point is the PPP loans and extended UI benefits. They might be woefully inadequate and tilted towards the ruling class by a wide margin, but I am in my own home right now because the event company I work at was able to get a PPP loan. As you can imagine, there weren’t many events in the last 9 months.

It is possible to feel more than one thing at a time. Like I want you to know that. I can be happy that I still have a job at a company that will exist in 5 months due to PPP loans, while being pissed that this is all they did.

No Nuance November is over.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/civvie11/status/1339373522024624128?s=21

So much :wtc: to unpack with that, not Civvie he’s awesome, just the terms and issues with them.

So much for Fetterman on Twitch.

Real talk I’d absolutely sub to a channel of him playing video games.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A poster can probably call himself a simp the same way anime fans call themselves otaku or NEETs.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
lmao

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

https://twitter.com/civvie11/status/1339373522024624128?s=21

So much :wtc: to unpack with that, not Civvie he’s awesome, just the terms and issues with them.

So much for Fetterman on Twitch.

Real talk I’d absolutely sub to a channel of him playing video games.

Is that the same guy that did the reviews for Plutonia and Evilution (old DooM .wads)?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Icon Of Sin posted:

Is that the same guy that did the reviews for Plutonia and Evilution (old DooM .wads)?

Yep, I love his boomer shooter reviews. Hell even the two most recent Doom games are great reviews.

Genuinely quality content and his constant mocking of Randy Ptichford.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1339366775977357315?s=20

I think Ilhan Omar sums it up perfect here

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Yes and remember until the progressives stood their ground and fought, the direct payments weren't anywhere in the negotiations.

AND we lost the get out of jail free cards for businesses who force workers in unsafe conditions.

It's not everything we could want, but it's still a victory.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stultus Maximus posted:

Yes and remember until the progressives stood their ground and fought, the direct payments weren't anywhere in the negotiations.

AND we lost the get out of jail free cards for businesses who force workers in unsafe conditions.

It's not everything we could want, but it's still a victory.

Didn’t Pelosi turn down a far better offer back in September or am I misremembering things?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Didn’t Pelosi turn down a far better offer back in September or am I misremembering things?

As far as I know, this is the first time they've dropped the corporate liability waiver. IIRC, it was Pelosi's firm red line.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

we're going to have an anti-president

PookBear fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 17, 2020

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

antipresident

edit: apparently i cant read lol

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 17, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PookBear posted:

"any attempt to remove the trump administration will require force." OKAY FUCKER NO BACKSIES

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PookBear posted:

“Won’t leave the White House...prior to January 20.”

Even when trying to sound tough they sound like childish dorks.

Stultus Maximus posted:

As far as I know, this is the first time they've dropped the corporate liability waiver. IIRC, it was Pelosi's firm red line.

Okay fair enough. I thought they were willing to do extensions separately though? Not trying to defend them, just remember correctly.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Where did that image come from?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

mlmp08 posted:

Where did that image come from?

Exactly. That seems fishy to me.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It probably is I tried finding it on Trump accounts...and I hate myself for doing that because of the stupid I saw in the process.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

PookBear posted:

Please tell me this is fake.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Stultus Maximus posted:

Almost positive it is. There's a reason why I direct-link twitter poo poo for sources.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stultus Maximus posted:

At the very least it probably encapsulates their thinking. Well except using the term president elect… okay it’s fake.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
It looks inspired by this Salon column: https://www.salon.com/2020/12/15/ready-for-donald-trumps-shadow-presidency-because-thats-where-all-this-is-heading/

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Donald Trump's Shadow Presidency is the worst possible remake of a great DOS game.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
https://twitter.com/ODNIgov/status/1339356234777047051

Amanda Schoch posted:

Amanda Schoch, ODNI Director of Strategic Communications: "This afternoon the DNI was notified by career intelligence officials that the Intelligence Community will not meet the December 18 deadline, set by Executive Order and Congress to submit the IC’s classified assessment on foreign threats to the 2020 U.S. elections. The IC has received relevant reporting since the election and a number of agencies have not finished coordinating on the product. The DNI is committed to providing this report to our customers expeditiously.

The line "The IC has received relevant reporting" is what bothers me, not because of what it could be, because of how this excert will be weaponized by narrativists and punditry for the next goddamned month.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The campaign statement is fake, but earlier today it was reported that WH staff have said he's threatened to refuse to leave recently, then he gets talked down by his aides.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/donwinslow/status/1339392966457131010

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Is it just me or is Grand Tour Madagascar up now?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is it just me or is Grand Tour Madagascar up now?

you magnificent bastard

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

After recent weeks I’m leaning more toward this outcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

As bad as it is for peaceful transition and democracy...hmm getting dragged out kicking and screaming would be hilarious...but in reality I know it’s not best.