Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://twitter.com/phillipbankss/status/1345864611116019712

Take a look at that can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I’m very jealous of people that can crank out that level of artwork. It’s so perfect.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That's a pull top only because he thought bean dad was talking about a pull top can.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

oh my god

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

this is incredible content

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sovereign knows the walls are closing in and that big talking head is burning down the house!!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I can HEAR that drawing

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

"Much more collectible than your domestic albino..."

Alan_Shore posted:

I can HEAR that drawing

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

"... A kid makes it to that front door they're getting the big candy bar!"

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Did anyone else preorder The Art of the Venture Brothers book via Amazon? I preordered it the day after Christmas and it has just set at Not Shipped Yet and the product page says Out of Print

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nick Soapdish posted:

Did anyone else preorder The Art of the Venture Brothers book via Amazon? I preordered it the day after Christmas and it has just set at Not Shipped Yet and the product page says Out of Print

Says in stock for me
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/1506704875/

It also came out in 2018 so I doubt you preordered it unless you found a weird listing (which is likely)

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nah, this is a new art book

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/161655441X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

That's the same book, that's just the UK printing

edit: or I think that's what that is I don't think a new book came out last year.

edit2: googling the ISBN 161655441X there's like nothing out there ab

pixaal fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 7, 2021

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There's only 1 Dark Horse Venture Bros art book

https://www.darkhorse.com/Search/venture+bros

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

pixaal posted:

That's the same book, that's just the UK printing

edit: or I think that's what that is I don't think a new book came out last year.

edit2: googling the ISBN 161655441X there's like nothing out there ab

Cojawfee posted:

There's only 1 Dark Horse Venture Bros art book

https://www.darkhorse.com/Search/venture+bros

Thanks y'all, gonna cancel that order

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Compromise is the cornerstone of diplomacy

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

sweeeeeet looooove

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
My apologies for appearing in my astral fooooorm but The Triad and I are currently ensconced in bumper upon bumper traffic on your Franklin Delano Roosevelt driiiiiiive

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

You used an orphan
well I didn't use the whole thing

I still cannot decide if that makes it worse or if it's just as bad (it doesn't make it better!)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

pixaal posted:

You used an orphan
well I didn't use the whole thing

I still cannot decide if that makes it worse or if it's just as bad (it doesn't make it better!)

I imagine it started as Rusty trying to do a good thing, then something bad happens to the orphan and Rusty decides to make lemonade out of the lemon that used to be a forsaken child

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Snark posted:

My apologies for appearing in my astral fooooorm but The Triad and I are currently ensconced in bumper upon bumper traffic on your Franklin Delano Roosevelt driiiiiiive

https://youtu.be/G5wm2AiQcgQ

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Al is one of the low key greatest characters as the fun gay uncle.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Al is one of the low key greatest characters as the fun gay uncle.

Him exasperatedly yelling at Torrid to "Knock it you idiot! Nobody wants you to open a Door to Hell!" is one of my fav underrated deliveries in the whole show

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I like it when he wanted to kill Nien Nunb with a shovel

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Are there stairs in the venture compound?
https://twitter.com/jamesurbaniak/status/1347452429428686850?s=21

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jan 8, 2021

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

:stare:

I mean. I shouldn't be surprised. But I'm still surprised.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Robots pushing you down stairs is a clear and present danger in venture world.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Cool, if true.

I remember when season 5 kicked off and they held the premiere in theaters. It was great to see VB on the big screen and enjoy it with a theater full of fans. I have to see if I still have pictures of the cosplayers, including everyone’s fave, Brickfrog!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Cacafuego posted:

Cool, if true.

I remember when season 5 kicked off and they held the premiere in theaters. It was great to see VB on the big screen and enjoy it with a theater full of fans. I have to see if I still have pictures of the cosplayers, including everyone’s fave, Brickfrog!

"But Trump, you can't go out there and rile them up! You know you lost! Don't give the speech!"

"Look, if we take this away from them, we'll get lead bullets, pepper spray, and a frog throwing a brick at us!"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Venture bros taking place during an exaggerated Trump presidency would be something. Maybe the Sovern comes back and is POTUS to fill the role.

Okay I can think of a few good lines like the above but it'd get old after half a season. Maybe a movie?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Trump actually had a clear (thankfully unvoiced) cameo in one of the New York episodes that aired shortly before his presidency.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

He'd make a pretty decent badguy in a decade or two with some distance to the events. Plenty of time, Venture universe is still around parody-Bush as president? I mean we all know in Ventures there's a secret president so Sovern taking over as POTUS and fighting Secret President could be a way to introduce a whole new slew of fun characters and keep it very venture feel.

I do mean make a unique character that's vaguely a stand in like the rest of the venture presidents.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There's already cartoon villains that are parodies of Donald Trump, I think the short lived Biker Mice from Mars reboot had one.

Kind of the problem is his persona was pretty much already a parody of himself.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

pixaal posted:

He'd make a pretty decent badguy in a decade or two with some distance to the events. Plenty of time, Venture universe is still around parody-Bush as president? I mean we all know in Ventures there's a secret president so Sovern taking over as POTUS and fighting Secret President could be a way to introduce a whole new slew of fun characters and keep it very venture feel.

I do mean make a unique character that's vaguely a stand in like the rest of the venture presidents.

It's spelled Sovereign

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

drrockso20 posted:

It's spelled Sovereign

for some reason I read this in phantom limbs voice

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I just irresponsibly used a bit of stim check to order the art book finally.

Currently watching Dr. Quymn. This is a real good "abnormal" episode.

"You used to be all 'Go Team Venture!' and now you're all "Go Team... B--b-BOOBIES!"

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 9, 2021

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Probably the worst episode of the show tbh, although it's still pretty good. All the flashback stuff is great, everything involving the orangutan is hilarious and I always get a laugh out of Doc tumbling off the top of the SUV

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I just got my rear end handed to me by a loving orangutan!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

pablo gbscobar posted:

Probably the worst episode of the show tbh, although it's still pretty good. All the flashback stuff is great, everything involving the orangutan is hilarious and I always get a laugh out of Doc tumbling off the top of the SUV

It’s easily the worst episode of the show and probably the only one of the show proper (pilot doesn’t count) that I would call “bad”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The shittiest part of the Dr. Qumyn episode is if it had been done *right*, she would've been a really interesting character to have make a cameo from time to time, but that episode was just way too loving cringey and horny, and by the end of it you were just "'kay, so there's a female Doc in this world and her daughters are nymphos and her Brock is a secretly obsessive/possessive lesbian who wants her...groovy. I could live without ever seeing any of them ever again." :rolleyes:

It's almost like someone got dared. "Make an episode where everyone's trying to gently caress each other for *reasons*, even the kids! But not Hank!"

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 9, 2021