Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the best current found footage / fake show stuff is all coming from japan

latest ep of FAKE DOCUMENTARY Q is up. "take 100"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk6yRyqzN-Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
I’m a bit late on this but, instead of watching Late Night With The Devil, you all should instead watch criminally underseen DTV film The Atticus Institute.

Late Night is super mid, for the record.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
SMG with the extremely cold take for once.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Baron von Eevl posted:

SMG with the extremely cold take for once.

Yeah I was really hoping for something interesting to say about the movie, but it's just a really blandly glossy execution of a stupid, stupid narrative.

Atticus Institute is the better version of the retro demonic possession documentary concept but, also, the various shorts of V/H/S/85 are more successful at capturing the same tone and aesthetic. Special Bulletin is the actually-scary fictionalized live-broadcast movie, and Truthseeker TV: The Brandon Corey Story is the better expression of the discomfiting Alex Jones wackjob political vibe.

And, frankly, the freakin' Joker movie ate its lunch completely.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

Goddamn, going from Senritsu Kaiki World Kowasugi to the short films was some incredible mood whiplash

Kudo, you piece of poo poo

Which ones count as the short films? My current list has 10, from Slit-Mouth Woman to Cursed Red Woman. But yeah everytime he puts hands on the very cute Ichikawa I want to punch him in the face :kratos:

On the other hand he did give us this:

So who's to say if he's good or bad?

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Takes No Damage posted:

But yeah everytime he puts hands on the very cute Ichikawa I want to punch him in the face :kratos:

At least this pays off when (late Senritsu spoiler) Ichikawa gets so accustomed to his attacks that she effortlessly dodges and puts him down every time

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Takes No Damage posted:

Which ones count as the short films? My current list has 10, from Slit-Mouth Woman to Cursed Red Woman. But yeah everytime he puts hands on the very cute Ichikawa I want to punch him in the face :kratos:

the short films are here
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL85UM6A-okWjZ8B4JL5lqhquYFo95zXrs

Phy posted:

Goddamn, going from Senritsu Kaiki World Kowasugi to the short films was some incredible mood whiplash

Kudo, you piece of poo poo

Considering how the latest film ends it feels like Rest was suppose to be like the start of a new plot thread with the evil alternative Kudos that ends up sticking out like a sore thumb because there was a 9 year gap between entries.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 26, 2024

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed Late Night With The Devil when I saw it but it doesn't really stick in the memory. Some good tension though.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

VROOM VROOM posted:

At least this pays off when (late Senritsu spoiler) Ichikawa gets so accustomed to his attacks that she effortlessly dodges and puts him down every time

Guess I'm not there yet, but I just watched Final Chapter and really appreciated it when they hosed up the ritual and they came back body swapped and Ichikawa(Kudo) immediately starts beating the poo poo out of Kudo(Ichikawa) and groping herself screaming "Where's my dick?!!?" Bet that was fun for the actress.

Oh so just the little 5 minute things between movies? Yeah I grabbed those off of Youtube and added them in to each movie as a Featurette in Plex so they're somewhat chronological.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jun 26, 2024

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The line that made me laugh the hardest in cursed red woman:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Ambitious Spider posted:

The line that made me laugh the hardest in cursed red woman:

It's so good

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

the short films are here
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL85UM6A-okWjZ8B4JL5lqhquYFo95zXrs

Considering how the latest film ends it feels like Rest was suppose to be like the start of a new plot thread with the evil alternative Kudos that ends up sticking out like a sore thumb because there was a 9 year gap between entries.

Yeah it's Rest specifically that threw me. I'm not sure where it is in the timeline, but it had me checking to see if he was still credited as "Kudo" since what he did felt out of character even for a violent lout like he's usually depicted as.

But hell, maybe it's not out of character. He did (spoilers for World Kowasugi/Red Woman) bludgeon his alternate universe rapist version to death while screaming about how he hated what he saw of himself in Alt Kudo, if the subs were accurate. That ain't come out of nowhere.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

thriller not horror but Reptile is a great mystery movie. Benicio Del Toro can do no wrong. Its hilarious how the film just focuses on him enjoying life: my favorite is in one of the murder victims houses he comments "I really like this kitchen" and then a few scenes later the music builds tension to imply he's looking at/investigating something really dark or plot-twisty on his laptop only to reveal its just him browsing sinks/kitchenware online lol

There's another where he's like *in grizzly cop voice* "ive got somewhere to be" and the scene just cuts to him going out dancing with his wife having a blast

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Went to see Something In The Water, fairly mediocre, nothing you've not seen before and with a really shoddy script.

There's also a weirdly extended scene of them dancing to S Club 7 at the start that seems to get as much screentime as the shark does over the course of the movie. It feels like they decided "we got the rights to use this song, so we're going to use the whole loving song".

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's because once S Club Party comes on you can't not listen to the whole thing, the audience would get mad

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
Watched Doom Asylum (1987) today. I cannot even express how much of a hilarious mess it is without spoiling some of the fun, so I will present the following images only:

The dialogue in this is... I dunno what the gently caress.

Its on Tubi: https://tubitv.com/movies/490246/doom-asylum

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Rooney McNibnug posted:

Watched Doom Asylum (1987) today. I cannot even express how much of a hilarious mess it is without spoiling some of the fun, so I will present the following images only:

The dialogue in this is... I dunno what the gently caress.

Its on Tubi: https://tubitv.com/movies/490246/doom-asylum

Love Doom Asylum, early appearance of Kristin Davis of Sex and the City fame. Cool monster too. And the super nerd with his baseball cards lol. Good dumb time.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

charlotte is the best of the satc core 4

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Love to play Giant Chess on a snare drum while chowing down on my KFC :yum:

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Takes No Damage posted:

Love to play Giant Chess on a snare drum while chowing down on my KFC :yum:

She was spitting it on him!

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

They shot this in my bedroom?!?!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

WeaponX posted:

They shot this in my bedroom?!?!

Literally still have a MetallicA logo drawing from high school art class in my old room in my parents house right now :corsair:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I am aware there are bts shenanigans in twin peaks s2 which is why there are so many new love interests in so few episodes but Heather Graham, who i have just realised I have completely mistaken for Denise Richards, is a true revelation as to the flatness of her line reads. It's remarkable how everyone is acting circles around her so when Cooper told Diane that she speaks with the mind of a child I was all, yea I hear you man

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

and that's all done for twin peaks s1 and s2, those last 2 episodes was some good poo poo! I can't imagine how frustrating it was for people who ended s2 at a cliffhanger. I also found a copy of this fanedit called Northwest Passage and I'm kinda tempted to watch it before getting into Fire Walk With Me then The Return

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Watch regular fire walk with me than the missing pieces and then the return

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

honestly if you're done with S2 it's nothing but cool, good stuff from here on out. man I wish I could watch The Return for the first time again, what a show

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I found a fan edit of fire walk with me including the missing pieces at a whipping 3.5 hours so I'm gonna watch that

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

nooooo just watch the movie homie!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

why on earth would you not treat yourself to david lynch's edit instead of some fanbo

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I had heard so many mixed things about Fire Walk With Me in my old internet days and then when I finally got caught up on Twin Peaks stuff I thought the movie was just straightforwardly incredible. I really don't understand where the need for a fan edit came from

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I found a fan edit of fire walk with me including the missing pieces at a whipping 3.5 hours so I'm gonna watch that

Don't do this!!! At least not for your first time!!! Fire Walk With Me is absolutely amazing on its own and the existing theatrical edit is flawless, it's so good.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I'll look for the theatrical cut! I had assumed it would be much easier to watch it this way and skip the missing pieces

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Doltos posted:

It's because once S Club Party comes on you can't not listen to the whole thing, the audience would get mad

Because there ain’t no party like an S Club Party. :colbert:

RIP Paul

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

this is the most unhinged thing i have ever read in my 12 years on this website

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

CelticPredator posted:

Watch regular fire walk with me than the missing pieces and then the return

This is the actual move, don't leave your enjoyment of some of David Lynch's best work in the hands of some mad fan.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 27, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

uh huhhuhhuh huh
hasta siempre
fire walk with me rules

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I don't even know how necessary The Missing Pieces really is but it is nice to have around. Fire Walk With Me is such a brilliant finale and a brilliant film on its own.

I finally got back on The Return. I believe I just finished episode 9. Episode 8 was amazing, I can't believe they let David Do That. I'm glad y'all convinced me to get back on it and give it a go.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Missing pieces is super important for the return. I forgot how specially but I know a lot of it comes back for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

David Bowie??!??