Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I got waaaay too much of their fresh ground burger patties for tomorrow.

I mean, most people eat at last 2/3rds of a pound of meat if they are under 13 and a full pound 13-50 years old, right?

That’s after teriyaki chicken meatballs and a whole kielbasa each.

gently caress, I’m not prepared.

Or am I over-prepared and actually perfect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

If they go during the superbowl it'll probably be alright

They are closed well before kickoff.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh man, pickle chat. I sure wish Costco carried Wickles relish.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

binge crotching posted:

You're a brave (or foolhardy) goon to go on a Sunday. At least it isn't the Sunday before Christmas though!

We just moved friday. We were holding off on buying more tp so we didn't have to move the bulky.package but we're on our last roll of tp

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

13Pandora13 posted:

They are closed well before kickoff.

Huh? Kickoff is 630 PM EST, which is only 330 PM PST. And don't forget our brothers and sisters in Hawaii, Alaska, or even further west in the Pacific.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Huh? Kickoff is 630 PM EST, which is only 330 PM PST. And don't forget our brothers and sisters in Hawaii, Alaska, or even further west in the Pacific.

lol I never really thought about the time zones with the super bowl, I wish it was 3:30 kick off here. I could watch it and get everyone out of the house by like 9.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

SirPablo posted:

East Coast beast coast, motherfucker

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

13Pandora13 posted:

East Coast beast coast, motherfucker

Which coast does the 'Co call "home"? :smuggo:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

SirPablo posted:

Which coast does the 'Co call "home"? :smuggo:

As a fellow East Coaster... drat you got me there.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Nonna's focaccia croutons make a fantastic addition to any soup.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just had some Costco top sirloin of all things and it was really good. Miles better than I can find at a grocery store. Also the mac and cheese.

:discourse:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Just cancelled my membership renewals for next year.

I got the most insanely terrible service from the optical department and then when I went to talk to someone at customer service also. I have no clue what the deal was but both of the people I talked to were extremely rude, interrupted me, and talked down to me like I was speaking another language or something. All I wanted was a copy of my contact lens prescription printed and I was treated like I was asking the staff to borrow a thousand dollars or something. When I asked to cancel my renewal the guy at the counter gave me knives from his eyes, said nothing, and said emotionlessly staring at me “have a nice day” in a very flat, cold way. I can’t really explain it in writing but I just felt like I was being an annoyance to these people. I was so shocked all I could do was laugh, look at my wife, and look back at them like “are you being serious right now?”

The service at my Costco has been getting noticeably worse and I’m not going to shop there anymore. Sorry to anyone who loves Costco, I get it, but there’s no way I’m going to be treated the way I was and give them my money.

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 3, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dark CostCo

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Toxic Mental posted:

I got the most insanely terrible service from the optical department and then when I went to talk to someone at customer service also. I have no clue what the deal was but both of the people I talked to were extremely rude, interrupted me, and talked down to me like I was speaking another language or something. All I wanted was a copy of my contact lens prescription printed and I was treated like I was asking the staff to borrow a thousand dollars or something. When I asked to cancel my renewal the guy at the counter gave me knives from his eyes, said nothing, and said emotionlessly staring at me “have a nice day” in a very flat, cold way. I can’t really explain it in writing but I just felt like I was being an annoyance to these people. I was so shocked all I could do was laugh, look at my wife, and look back at them like “are you being serious right now?”

The service at my Costco has been getting noticeably worse and I’m not going to shop there anymore. Sorry to anyone who loves Costco, I get it, but there’s no way I’m going to be treated the way I was and give them my money.

Send a letter to corporate

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I was telling this story to a coworker and my boss told me he knows the GM of the store and gave me her info. I’ll talk to her about this one.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Toxic Mental posted:

Aren't optical independently operated?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Aren't optical independently operated?

The optometrist is, don't think the actual place where you buy glasses is, though

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The optometrist is, but this was with the actual Costco optical staff with the counter and near the glasses wall and where you order contacts through Costco. It was a Costco staff with a Costco name badge so I only assume so.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I finally found the Bitchin’ Sauce when I was at a different Costco than usual. Just as good as everyone here made it out to be. It’s just kinda odd that a Costco less than 10 miles away from my usual place carries it.

Also in good news, is that in the future, I will be less than 2 miles away from a Costco. The neighboring town had a press release that they are working to get a Costco into a vacant K-Mart building. It being in Naperville, IL, I wonder how busy it will be. Can’t be as bad as the Oak Brook location which is almost always super busy.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I dreamed I tasted bitching sauce. Seriously, it was in a dream.

But my Costco carries cheap paneer and steam buns and other fun indian/East Asian stuff, so it's a trade-off.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Orvin posted:

I finally found the Bitchin’ Sauce when I was at a different Costco than usual. Just as good as everyone here made it out to be. It’s just kinda odd that a Costco less than 10 miles away from my usual place carries it.

Also in good news, is that in the future, I will be less than 2 miles away from a Costco. The neighboring town had a press release that they are working to get a Costco into a vacant K-Mart building. It being in Naperville, IL, I wonder how busy it will be. Can’t be as bad as the Oak Brook location which is almost always super busy.

It's Naperville, home of the idle semi-rich and stay-at-home Moms. It will always be busy, even though there's already one Costco in town.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Suspect Bucket posted:

I dreamed I tasted bitching sauce. Seriously, it was in a dream.

But my Costco carries cheap paneer and steam buns and other fun indian/East Asian stuff, so it's a trade-off.

Picked up some new pork buns last week in Seattle that weren't bad. They definitely need to be steamed though, don't try to microwave them or whatever the directions say.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
My haul from a lunchtime run.

4505 chicharrones
Whisps - parmesan
Kirkland protein bars - choc chip & brownie
Chipotle Bitchin Sauce - first time my store has had it.

Chicharrones & Bitchin sauce is a good combo.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I love the Filipino chicharrones with the bits of jalapeno or other peppers I have tried. They make the plain old pork rinds hella boring.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Orvin posted:

Heh, that is my hometown. That is probably going to be a zoo over in that lovely old strip mall, but will be nice to spread out the people going to 59.

Apparently if they move forward with it, Ogden 6 (the old/cheap theater) is going to close.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
There was this rear end in a top hat dude who used to work in the food court then I saw him moved to the gas pumps then I stopped seeing him. That dude was such a jerk

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
A few weeks ago a bought this udon noodle teriyaki stir fry kit for like 5 bucks.

I thought it was going to be one of those ready to eat meals where I just throw it in a skillet, but inside the package was 4 individually wrapped packets of udon, dry spice packets, and dehydrated veggies in a pouch. It was lacking in the meal department so I stir fried some chicken and fresh veggies I had laying around before adding the pouch.

I have to say, it was really good. I look at it like a good meal starter kit that let me add a lot to dinner with minimal effort.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Renegret posted:

A few weeks ago a bought this udon noodle teriyaki stir fry kit for like 5 bucks.

I thought it was going to be one of those ready to eat meals where I just throw it in a skillet, but inside the package was 4 individually wrapped packets of udon, dry spice packets, and dehydrated veggies in a pouch. It was lacking in the meal department so I stir fried some chicken and fresh veggies I had laying around before adding the pouch.

I have to say, it was really good. I look at it like a good meal starter kit that let me add a lot to dinner with minimal effort.

:same:

On its own it's actually pretty terrible. As a starter it's really good

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Same. I was deeply disappointed in it the first time, but I guess as a meal base it would be great.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Oh yea, those were on sale. I threw in some veggies and tofu and they were pretty tasty. The peas that come with it never cooked right for me, though

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Trastion posted:

truth

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

My store finally got Bitchin Sauce.

But it only came in a multipack, and cilantro (to which I am extremely allergic) was mandatory in two of the three.

So none for me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Went today to pick up a 34 inch TV to install at a family members house. got some La Croix. Costco now has a Kirkland knockoff as well. Haven't tried it but I expect it to be good.

It was only 10am but the smell of pizza was in the air. :sigh: Another time.

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

Trastion posted:

My haul from a lunchtime run.

4505 chicharrones
Whisps - parmesan
Kirkland protein bars - choc chip & brownie
Chipotle Bitchin Sauce - first time my store has had it.

The protein bars are great, still haven’t seen the Bitchin sauce

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

warsow posted:

The protein bars are great, still haven’t seen the Bitchin sauce

I picked some up last weekend literally because of this thread and holy gently caress, it is legit. Paired with these Laiki black rice chips, I'm going to weigh like 500 pounds. God drat is that a good texture/taste combo. Thanks for the heads-up, thread. PBUC for bestowing gifts upon even us recent vegan convert weirdos.

SamBishop fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 7, 2020

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Chinatown posted:

Went today to pick up a 34 inch TV to install at a family members house. got some La Croix. Costco now has a Kirkland knockoff as well. Haven't tried it but I expect it to be good.

It was only 10am but the smell of pizza was in the air. :sigh: Another time.

The Costco version of San Pellegrino is good. It is better than San Pellegrino, in my opinion. The Costco version of La Croix tastes pretty similar to La Croix, but I'm not really a fan of either.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Klarbrunn is the best zer they carry FYI

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
The Bubly 3-pack with Cherry, Raspberry and Blackberry is absolutely amazing. Those three flavors are all great and mild and they don't come laced together with the stupid can 6-pack rings you've gotta deal with.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

The Bubly 3-pack with Cherry, Raspberry and Blackberry is absolutely amazing. Those three flavors are all great and mild and they don't come laced together with the stupid can 6-pack rings you've gotta deal with.

This is true. The Kirkland one is a better value and is fine, but the Bubly is way better taste wise so that's usually what I get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
So the loveSacs are at my local Costco. Wife and I have wanted one for the last 3 years and have the $ this year.

Any trip reports from people in this thread? I’m thinking of long term use issues...

Did it hold up?

Did you regret it?

Do you still use it?

We want the largest one and to put it in the study