Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Dragas posted:

go to bed, rotd

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
lol

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

I was a little disappointed when I first bought this item, because the functionality is limited. My 5 year old son pointed out that the passenger’s shoes cannot be removed. Then, we placed a deadly fingernail file underneath the passenger’s scarf, and neither the detector doorway nor the security wand picked it up. My son said “that’s the worst security ever!”. But it turned out to be okay, because when the passenger got on the Playmobil B757 and tried to hijack it, she was mobbed by a couple of other heroic passengers, who only sustained minor injuries in the scuffle, which were treated at the Playmobil Hospital.
The best thing about this product is that it teaches kids about the realities of living in a high-surveillence society. My son said he wants the Playmobil Neighborhood Surveillence System set for Christmas. I’ve heard that the CC TV cameras on that thing are pretty worthless in terms of quality and motion detection, so I think I’ll get him the Playmobil Abu-Gharib Interogation Set instead (it comes with a cute little memo from George Bush)

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I was a little disappointed when I first bought this item, because the functionality is limited. My 5 year old son pointed out that the passenger’s shoes cannot be removed. Then, we placed a deadly fingernail file underneath the passenger’s scarf, and neither the detector doorway nor the security wand picked it up. My son said “that’s the worst security ever!”. But it turned out to be okay, because when the passenger got on the Playmobil B757 and tried to hijack it, she was mobbed by a couple of other heroic passengers, who only sustained minor injuries in the scuffle, which were treated at the Playmobil Hospital.
The best thing about this product is that it teaches kids about the realities of living in a high-surveillence society. My son said he wants the Playmobil Neighborhood Surveillence System set for Christmas. I’ve heard that the CC TV cameras on that thing are pretty worthless in terms of quality and motion detection, so I think I’ll get him the Playmobil Abu-Gharib Interogation Set instead (it comes with a cute little memo from George Bush)

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

The daddle is a unique and interesting device. My kids loved it, we shot some videos and it took some stress off my back.

That is... until the fateful day my wife bought the boy some spurs. I should have known something wasn't right when I first heard that "jingle jangle jingle" as he came striding merrily along. But I wasn't fast enough; when he hopped on my back and kicked me in the sides, I about came unglued.

It wouldn't have been so bad if the spurs weren't the "long-star" pointy type.

Fortunately we have a 10 ft. ceiling in the living room, because the rotten kid's head came within four inches of it the first kick. He didn't have time for a second when unthinking, I stood straight up, forgetting the "child" attached to my back.

To his credit he managed to hang on. That was when I regretted allowing the children to put a belt around my neck to simulate a bridle. I nearly popped eye sockets when his fists clenched that belt and his full weight was applied to my trachea. That did have the effect of dropping me back down to the floor pretty quickly. This would have been the end of it, except for the fact that this offspring from Hades (apparently enjoying the experience) decided to spur me again, somewhat harder this time. It's a good thing I was wearing trousers or I'd have left little horsie patties all over the living room.

Have you ever tried to remove a child from your back when he's attached by saddle and stirrups? Suffice to say I now understand and fully sympathize with how a bucking bronco feels. Being somewhat more intelligent than a horse (although in retrospect I am thinking not that much smarter), I laid down and rolled, careful to try not to crush the boy. That did not prevent him from digging in the spurs a third time, which caused me to sit straight up and threw him over my head, where fortunately my easy chair cushioned his fall.

No, we haven't stopped using the Daddle. But I do conduct a thorough inspection of feet prior to any and all rides. The belt is now attached to the Daddle directly rather than going around my neck, and my wife has been kindly and politely asked to never, ever again buy an [expletives omitted] set of spurs or in fact anything, ever again, for our kids, without my direct knowledge.

On the positive side, after watching that display my daughter no longer wants a real life pony.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

A gyro?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

still too ethnic for him

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

no, dave, you don't need to wear this to a red hot chili pepper concert

this is why we don't invite you anywhere

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

Marie Antoinette was supposed to be ignorant of the plight of the poor, and suggested starving people should eat cake (except she never said that). Corbyn is eating cake, this means he doesn't care about the plight of the poor.

Welcome to British journalism, it's like Fox News but EVERY CHANNEL AND PAPER.

FOX news always seemed like a half-assed take on British tabloids.

it's honestly surprising more british people don't have terrible opinions given the saturation level of awful newspapers.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Dreylad posted:

it's honestly surprising more british people don't have terrible opinions given the saturation level of awful newspapers.
don't they tho

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Dreylad posted:

uh

i'm guessing you don't follow british politics

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Dreylad posted:

FOX news always seemed like a half-assed take on British tabloids.

fox is more pernicious than the tabloids

also the tabloids don't pretend not to be biased

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

does british journalism have a tradition of objectivity

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

:laffo:

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

zoux posted:

no you just put your preferences and biases front and centre and away you go

it's much better

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Disinterested posted:

it's much better

I don't know if you're joking, but this is actually true

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I don't know if you're joking, but this is actually true

i'm not

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

zoux posted:

they're objective alright...

objectively bad!!

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

everyone knows that the guardian is the socially liberal left intelligensia booklearnin' cityfolk paper, the telegraph is the conservative party journal, the sun is a murdoch mouthpiece that tries to play kingmaker, the daily mail is the raving right wing racist grandfather paper, and the times is just totally identity-less with pretentions of being above it all

and the independent is the mouthpiece of sandal-wearing lib dem voters

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Disinterested posted:

it's much better

i agree

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/715247491218714624

Bernie Sanders here for Global Economic Armageddon.

Also he wasn't against the bailout just the method of finance.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

zoux posted:

newspapers have always been openly biased and taken editorial political stances and endorse parties at elections, they never try to hide that newspapers are privately owned

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I don't think you can have an unbiased newspaper

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Trumps spokespeople trying to make Trump out to be a victim is really weird.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

kustomkarkommando posted:

I don't think you have an unbiased newspaper

i agree but in america we pretend like we do so we do things like 99% of people think this but here's one guy who doesn't and he gets a quote too

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Disinterested posted:

the times is just totally identity-less with pretentions of being above it all

The Times is like high Tory who still resent the franchise being extending to non property holders

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/715247491218714624

Bernie Sanders here for Global Economic Armageddon.

Also he wasn't against the bailout just the method of finance.

I think the underlying point might be the way you run the financial system that requires those bailouts.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Disinterested posted:

everyone knows that the guardian is the socially liberal left intelligensia booklearnin' cityfolk paper, the telegraph is the conservative party journal, the sun is a murdoch mouthpiece that tries to play kingmaker, the daily mail is the raving right wing racist grandfather paper, and the times is just totally identity-less with pretentions of being above it all

and the independent is the mouthpiece of sandal-wearing lib dem voters
i wanted to do a mirror joke but they come up on google as: "Mirror Online: The intelligent tabloid. #madeuthink"

and ill never top that

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Disinterested posted:

I think the underlying point might be the way you run the financial system that requires those bailouts.

Yeah i think that was the consensus at the time, and its not like HRC doesn't have a wall street reform plank

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

zoux posted:

i agree

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

The Times is like high Tory who still resent the franchise being extending to non property holders
the times is a paper with an audience that thinks niall ferguson has interesting things to say

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

zoux posted:

i agree but in america we pretend like we do so we do things like 99% of people think this but here's one guy who doesn't and he gets a quote too

the bbc is the organ that has to try to act like it's objective because it receives public funding, and therefore has to try to present vaguely balanced debates when it covers politics

resultantly most politically engaged people accuse it of being biased against their position

I would say overall it slants gently left, UKMT thinks it's to the right of the kaiser obviously

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh right HRC isn't going to do her wall street reforms because she's a liar, because of all the lies she's told such as vince foster and whitewater

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

zoux posted:

Yeah i think that was the consensus at the time, and its not like HRC doesn't have a wall street reform plank

Yeah but I think there are very good reasons to doubt her bona fides on that

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

I don't think you can have an unbiased news

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Disinterested posted:

Yeah but I think there are very good reasons to doubt her bona fides on that

*steeples fingers*

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

R. Mute posted:

i wanted to do a mirror joke but they come up on google as: "Mirror Online: The intelligent tabloid. #madeuthink"

and ill never top that

the relevant joke would be about princess diana headlines since that paper still covers princess diana's death like it happened last tuesday

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh drat that HBO movie about Anita Hill starring Kerry Washington is about to come out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Disinterested posted:

the relevant joke would be about princess diana headlines since that paper still covers princess diana's death like it happened last tuesday
hasn't our maddie eclipsed dianna somewhat?

• Locked thread