Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I think humanity itself is the 'dark soul' considering you collect it just like other souls, except its black in color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

sentrygun posted:

Get a weapon that thrusts and you can take out the mosquitoes very easily. I had plenty of luck with my Drake Sword taking them out as well.

I know, they're not that hard to kill, just a pain in the rear end, especially with how they can screw up your targeting. And that they respawn as soon as you kill them so you have to do it again. Best to just run away.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

neetz posted:

I have a Dragonslayer Spear at +5 (which also has bonus lightning damage), with 50 faith (B scaling) and around 30 each in strength and dexterity (C scaling). It does less damage than my Lightning Uchigatana +5 on my character with 14 strength and dexterity, the minimum requirements, and doesn't inflict bleed to boot. The Greatsword of Artorias, with around 50 points each in strength, dexterity, faith and intelligence is still weaker than a lightning Zweihander +5, which requires so little in comparison.

The scaling based on parameters is awful.

Okay, there may be legitimate complaints with regard to parameter scaling, but you're comparing a spear to a katana and a greatsword to an ultra greatsword. Spears do less damage because you can block with a shield while attacking. Greatswords deal less damage because they swing faster.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Hexempaler posted:

I'm trying to take the shortcut too, but gently caress that Titanite Demon. Narrow pathway, huge windows with potential for falling off, and hey what the gently caress, since when did they have an insta-kill attack?!

Probably 20% of the time I try to fight one of those stupid things, they use their jump attack, land directly on my head, and instantly kill me by crushing me to death. It really pisses me off. Also, why does every enemy with a jumping attack home in on you midair? It's ridiculous.

Since I'm griping: Enemies with dodge moves where you swing your sword straight through them right as they're starting to dodge and do no damage. It's especially silly because there are frames where you can hit them and do extra damage because they're in the middle of the dodge. But not when they're just starting it, of course not. Smaugh is really bad about this.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Hexempaler posted:

Man, I'm really starting to feel the burn from the latter half of the game. Literally. I'm trying to go through The Demon Ruins now.

Never in Demon's Souls did I feel like I was being pitted against damage sponges, but here it feels like they completed the area map, selected their Taurus Demon and Capra Demon assets, and just clicked a bunch of times in random areas. Seven Capra Demons? Really? They go down in three hits to my Gravelord Sword but goddamn it's just so tedious. This place had the potential to be so cool but it's just "welp, here are some ruins with a shitton of demons in them."

I'm trying to take the shortcut too, but gently caress that Titanite Demon. Narrow pathway, huge windows with potential for falling off, and hey what the gently caress, since when did they have an insta-kill attack?!

:negative: I've got the Sunlight Maggot, maybe I should go pay my bro Nito a visit.
You're complaining about a part nobody ever complains about mainly, because the firey area aftrewards is the main crux of everyone's complaints about Izalith. The demons are a breath of fresh of air compared to that place, but you're taking the shortcut so it's all bypassed.

Titanite demons always had an extremely hard hitting grab attack, if that's the one you're talking about. Honestly I hate Titanite demon animations. The one swipe that has a reach around tail attack to go with it so clumsy. And the jump attack it has that automatically causes a delock usually means a guaranteed hit if you're doing any sense of shield blocking.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Sacrificial Toast posted:

Probably 20% of the time I try to fight one of those stupid things, they use their jump attack, land directly on my head, and instantly kill me by crushing me to death. It really pisses me off. Also, why does every enemy with a jumping attack home in on you midair? It's ridiculous.

Projectiles do that too.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sacrificial Toast posted:

I hate that too. I died a ton of times to the titanite demon in the catacombs because I would be hitting him in the back, and he'd jump straight up (which of course broke my lock on him so if I tried to back away I'd no longer be facing him to block), spin around in midair, and land directly on me, killing me from full health.

I've found more success in killing them by basically standing back and trying to bait the jump attack out, then backing away while he's in midair (since it's much easier to do if you can actually SEE him), and moving in to attack when he lands. I never stick close to him for too long because of that jump bullshit. It's actually pretty annoying how many attacks curve to hit you well after they've started. You can dodge out of the way when they're winding up, then all of a sudden they'll spin a complete 180 and bring the sword down right on top of you, even though it looked like you were free and clear a second ago. I guess that's to make dodge timing a bit more difficult, but there should at least be a limit to how far an enemy can adjust their aim to hit you.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Oct 24, 2011

DarkArchimedes
Feb 26, 2008
Kubla Dong

Samurai Sanders posted:

This is especially true for people like me who prefer to start games over again with new characters rather than using NG+. If you can't even start seeing good returns on the majority of weapons until well into NG+ then that totally screws up the way I want to play.

Honestly, the stat scaling peaks out around the end of a single NG. Above 40, the returns on a stat are pretty piss poor.

Modest Mao posted:

I think humanity itself is the 'dark soul' considering you collect it just like other souls, except its black in color.

That may be partly true due the nature of the game's name, but there is distinctly a Dark Soul that made the pygmy different from the others.

Also, the game pretty readily distinguishes between humanity and souls. They're even completely separate items with different game functions.

The closest argument I can see in regards to this is that humanity is a black sprite because of the influence of Darkness from the father of the undead humans, the pygmy. But that's pure conjecture with no evidence.

neetz
Mar 28, 2010

qbert posted:

Okay, there may be legitimate complaints with regard to parameter scaling, but you're comparing a spear to a katana and a greatsword to an ultra greatsword. Spears do less damage because you can block with a shield while attacking. Greatswords deal less damage because they swing faster.

OK; the DS+5 does around 10 or so more damage than a lightning winged spear at +5 at the cost of 60-70 more levels. A lightning greatsword, I believe, does exactly the same damage as the lightning Zweihander at +5, which is 50 or so more than the Artorias at the cost of 200 or so levels. On top of that, increasing any stat that enhances weapon damage beyond 40 is pointless. The gains fall to one point of damage every two or three levels.

What I'm trying to argue is that lightning/fire weapons should occupy exactly the same slot fire weapons did in Demon's Souls, maybe with a slightly increased capacity to make them trump Raw weapons. As it stands, there is no reason whatsoever to increase your stats beyond the minimum for your weapon as, outside of being soul level 712 or whatever, you will only barely beat it or never catch it up.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I accidentally stumbled across Sif tonight when I was just going out to explore. I really was not prepared for that fight at all but still managed to curbstomp him with my improvised strategy of Iron Flesh + Combustion up his rear end. I'm starting to really like pyromancy...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

The parameter bonus isn't that high so my point still stands that scaling needs to be fixed and the Demon Spear should be better.

Scaling should really be better than "A scaling means 30 dex = +40 damage"

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

neetz posted:

OK; the DS+5 does around 10 or so more damage than a lightning winged spear at +5 at the cost of 60-70 more levels. A lightning greatsword, I believe, does exactly the same damage as the lightning Zweihander at +5, which is 50 or so more than the Artorias at the cost of 200 or so levels. On top of that, increasing any stat that enhances weapon damage beyond 40 is pointless. The gains fall to one point of damage every two or three levels.

What I'm trying to argue is that lightning/fire weapons should occupy exactly the same slot fire weapons did in Demon's Souls, maybe with a slightly increased capacity to make them trump Raw weapons. As it stands, there is no reason whatsoever to increase your stats beyond the minimum for your weapon as, outside of being soul level 712 or whatever, you will only barely beat it or never catch it up.

This is the real problem with scaling weapons versus elementals. Elemental weapons should occupy a sort of middle ground where they're highly effective for characters with low scaling stats and on enemies who are weak to their particular element, but are surpassed by scaling weapons on players with high scaling stats. The problem is that elemental weapons occupy the very top end of the scale. They're already as good as any weapon is ever going to be able to get; so instead of being something you use until your stats improve, they're something that makes it so you never have to improve your stats beyond the minimum requirement to use them. A difference of ten or so more damage with maxed stats on a scaling weapon is pretty meaningless considering the damage you'll already be putting out by that point.

I believe someone earlier mentioned that Chaos weapons only beat fire weapons by about 12 or so damage with 10 humanity when both are at max enhancement. Sure humanity is easier to get than 99 strength, but it raises the question of what's the point when you can just use a fire weapon and not have to worry about gathering humanity at all?

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 24, 2011

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious

...! posted:

I accidentally stumbled across Sif tonight when I was just going out to explore. I really was not prepared for that fight at all but still managed to curbstomp him with my improvised strategy of Iron Flesh + Combustion up his rear end. I'm starting to really like pyromancy...

Pyromancy makes that fight so easy. Chaos Great Fireballs destroyed him so hard.

oneliquidninja
Jan 6, 2007

I swear I wrote something funny here.
Speaking of scaling weapons I've been using a Moonlight Greatsword +4 with 31 Int and I love it. The damage is a bit lower then my +5 Fury Sword (especially when I have some humanity for it) but shooting lasers is awesome. Also even though the overall damage of Furysword is higher the Moonlight Greatsword deals more damage per hit because it's only going through one defense stat instead of two.

I was phantoming earlier tonight and knocked an invader down with my one handed R2. I mean... it's a knock down attack from range. Imagine if your Zweinder's R2 attack could be fired across the whole screen and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

There's also degrees of a stat. The A scaling on a plain Moonlight Greatsword is not the same A scaling on a +5. You can tell because as you upgrade it the bonus damage goes up and the A will be in blue. I imagine at +5 the A is rather close to a low S.

I guess my point is that many of the special weapons in the game are more then just the base damage. Drake Sword has that R2 attack. Moonlight shoots lasers. The Demon Spear has insanely long reach (and can apparently spear a ton of guys with it). Simply comparing raw numbers doesn't tell the whole story, especially if those raw numbers are split between two damage types.

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bobnumerotres posted:

Scaling should really be better than "A scaling means 30 dex = +40 damage"

Even the letters are really confusing because an 'S' scaling weapon may not neccessairly give more bonuses from stats than an 'A' scaling weapon.

For example Pharis's Black Bow (S scaling with dex) scales much worse than a +15 longbow (A scaling with dex) and at +15 it's only marginally better. In demon's souls it would change the letter representing the scaling as you upgraded the weapon, but here it seems like the letter stays the same which makes comparisions somewhat difficult.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Roguelike posted:

Even the letters are really confusing because an 'S' scaling weapon may not neccessairly give more bonuses from stats than an 'A' scaling weapon.

For example Pharis's Black Bow (S scaling with dex) scales much worse than a +15 longbow (A scaling with dex) and at +15 it's only marginally better. In demon's souls it would change the letter representing the scaling as you upgraded the weapon, but here it seems like the letter stays the same which makes comparisions somewhat difficult.

Yeah, I noticed that letters no longer changed as you upgraded things to reflect the changing scaling. I guess they wanted it to represent an overall picture of how well the weapon scales regardless of upgrade level. Of course given that so many are C's and D's, that overall picture tends to be "Pretty lousy".

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Fog Ring + Crystal Ring Shield = instantly killing things from outside their aggro range and getting the 20% soul bonus every time.

Does upgrading Crystal Ring increase the damage it deals?

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious

oneliquidninja posted:

Speaking of scaling weapons I've been using a Moonlight Greatsword +4 with 31 Int and I love it. The damage is a bit lower then my +5 Fury Sword (especially when I have some humanity for it) but shooting lasers is awesome. Also even though the overall damage of Furysword is higher the Moonlight Greatsword deals more damage per hit because it's only going through one defense stat instead of two.

I was phantoming earlier tonight and knocked an invader down with my one handed R2. I mean... it's a knock down attack from range. Imagine if your Zweinder's R2 attack could be fired across the whole screen and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

There's also degrees of a stat. The A scaling on a plain Moonlight Greatsword is not the same A scaling on a +5. You can tell because as you upgrade it the bonus damage goes up and the A will be in blue. I imagine at +5 the A is rather close to a low S.

I guess my point is that many of the special weapons in the game are more then just the base damage. Drake Sword has that R2 attack. Moonlight shoots lasers. The Demon Spear has insanely long reach (and can apparently spear a ton of guys with it). Simply comparing raw numbers doesn't tell the whole story, especially if those raw numbers are split between two damage types.

Yeah I am really just now noticing that you can't wrap up a weapon in pure damage output, the range on this spear is retardedly big. Just made my chaos fire whip, it's pretty cool I guess, lights people on fire. Was hoping for the whip ITSELF to be on fire, but whatever.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

This whole scaling thing is really putting me off from playing until the patch. Do I continue as normal until it hits, only meeting minimum stat requirements? Well then my character is hosed if they made elemental weapons lovely. Do I place my stat points under the assumption that weapon scaling will be worthwhile soon? Then I'm screwing myself over until the patch comes out, and I'm still hosed if they don't do enough to make scaling weapons appealing.

Elysiume posted:

Yeah, by a little bit.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elysiume posted:

Fog Ring + Crystal Ring Shield = instantly killing things from outside their aggro range and getting the 20% soul bonus every time.

I think the Crystal Ring shield thing is a bug. Apparently it deals damage based on your MAIN hand weapon, so if you're using it plus something like the gravelord sword or the dragon greataxe, it will put out obscene damage. My guess is it's PROBABLY supposed to deal damage based on the shield's damage itself - like a sort of magic shield-bash rather than a death laser. I think it was one of the things that was mentioned in the upcoming patch notes so don't get too reliant on it!

Vargs posted:

This whole scaling thing is really putting me off from playing until the patch. Do I continue as normal until it hits, only meeting minimum stat requirements? Well then my character is hosed if they made elemental weapons lovely. Do I place my stat points under the assumption that weapon scaling will be worthwhile soon? Then I'm screwing myself over until the patch comes out, and I'm still hosed if they don't do enough to make scaling weapons appealing.

Yeah, by a little bit.

I think you're worrying too much about min-maxing. Unless you're PvPing you can get away with sub-optimal setups just fine.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I think the Crystal Ring shield thing is a bug. Apparently it deals damage based on your MAIN hand weapon, so if you're using it plus something like the gravelord sword or the dragon greataxe, it will put out obscene damage. My guess is it's PROBABLY supposed to deal damage based on the shield's damage itself - like a sort of magic shield-bash rather than a death laser. I think it was one of the things that was mentioned in the upcoming patch notes so don't get too reliant on it!
Oh, that's a shame. Well, until then I'll be using the hell out of it. The giants in Anor Londo are pretty annoying. They turtle up, and I need to get back and chop their heels. Now? LASERDISC

Oh my god. That was the best PvP in the world. I invade, and find the guy. Another phantom appears right then, and he starts fighting him. I charge up my LASERSHIELD and fire. The other phantom falls off a cliff and the guy I invaded gets oneshotted. Yes.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 24, 2011

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

If I wanted to make an Ultra Greatsword wielding super Heavy Armor dude, what would be the gear I would want?

Mix of Havels and Black iron armor with havel's ring and lautec's ring or whatever? What bigass greatsword would be the best?

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

DarkArchimedes posted:

That may be partly true due the nature of the game's name, but there is distinctly a Dark Soul that made the pygmy different from the others.

Also, the game pretty readily distinguishes between humanity and souls. They're even completely separate items with different game functions.

The closest argument I can see in regards to this is that humanity is a black sprite because of the influence of Darkness from the father of the undead humans, the pygmy. But that's pure conjecture with no evidence.

Well, the dark soul was found by the ancestor of all humans, and I don't think it's much of a stretch relating humans to 'humanity'. Of course, humanity being sacrificed is key to plot of the game and the division between the two serpents. Given that humanity plays a key function in the game 'dark souls' I think it's a fair assumption to make that they are connected, why else make humanity black? I wonder how the words for 'sprite' and 'souls' translates in Japanese? or, in what way is the consumable humanity a sprite anyway? If the age of the dark is the age of humans, our humanity is black, and the name of the game is 'dark souls' (plural) I think there's something to it.

Modest Mao fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Oct 24, 2011

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Next PvP: right as I invade, TARGET DESTROYED. I got a pendant out of it, at least.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Kevlar Beard posted:

If I wanted to make an Ultra Greatsword wielding super Heavy Armor dude, what would be the gear I would want?

Mix of Havels and Black iron armor with havel's ring and lautec's ring or whatever? What bigass greatsword would be the best?

Black Iron or Giant's Armor at +5 has the best physical defenses, but it'll take a lot of Twinkling Titanite to do it. Smough's armor is almost as good with no upgrade potential, but looks stupid. For the sword, it's your choice between the Zweihander's overhead chop or the Greatsword's stab attack. They both have the same stats.

vvv: Most likely they're just using shields without great magic block. I think it'd say if it went through shields still, and the sword looks pretty solid in this game.

Sacrificial Toast fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 24, 2011

neetz
Mar 28, 2010

oneliquidninja posted:

I understand and welcome people overcoming shortcomings in weapons because they enjoy their movesets, most definitely, but I'm working from a largely PvP perspective. In this instance, raw numbers tell an awful lot, and novelty R2 attacks are a quick way to get killed. Absurdly long reach won't stop someone cartwheeling outside of a very predictable attack pattern and backstabbing you.

The Large Sword of Moonlight still ignores block I think (at least, it seemed to in the three or so fights I had against people using it), so it's a really cool weapon but I trounced every user because they couldn't match my damage. Imagine if they made it even better! It'd be a genuine threat and exciting to fight against.

Also, Smough's armour is the greatest armour appearance wise and anyone who disagrees is crazy.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

neetz posted:

Also, Smough's armour is the greatest armour appearance wise and anyone who disagrees is crazy.
Once I saw someone wearing just the legs of it, it looked very strange.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Vargs posted:

Yeah, by a little bit.

Well that's actually a good way to build any character. In Demon's souls too. You get minimum stats, pump VIT and END, rely on good found equipment (Drake sword, Lightning spear, Crescent Falchion, etc.) then when you have enough to make a good scaling weapon or two you finally pump the corresponding stat. An elemental build is really just a good scaling build that hasn't pumped the scaling stat yet.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
How often do the giants in Anor Londo drop titanite chunks? I really need to farm some, and I don't want to have to deal with New Londo over and over.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Rexicon1 posted:

not to mention his supposed betrayal of his 1st son, the one who's statue was broken on the altar of sunlight.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

as well as what happened with his first son and how that relates to the Warriors of Sunlight.

Solaire is the first son of Gwyn. :chord:

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious
Well that....ending...hmm it....Well, guess I'll go to bed now.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Jaaam posted:

How often do the giants in Anor Londo drop titanite chunks? I really need to farm some, and I don't want to have to deal with New Londo over and over.

The giants drop it less often than the dudes in New Londo. And it's only the tougher ones inside the building that drop them.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

neetz posted:

I rock Smough's armor with the witch hat, and it's loving great. You jerks can keep your elite knight armor or whatever. I'll be over here being fat, metal, and awesome with my bro Seigmeyer.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Defghanistan posted:

Well that....ending...hmm it....Well, guess I'll go to bed now.

The ending and any story stuff are only meaningful and rewarding after you've been able to piece together at least half of the lore that exists in the game.

Don't worry though, by the time you finish NG+ you'll probably know enough about the story to care!(maybe)

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
So is the forest area after the 20k door the area where forest covenant bros invade you? I wandered around for a while and 2 seemingly human duders attacked me within minutes of eachother, one of whom was transparent. I hope so, cause all my attempts at pvp with gravelord and darkmoon have yielded nothing.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Macksy posted:

So is the forest area after the 20k door the area where forest covenant bros invade you? I wandered around for a while and 2 seemingly human duders attacked me within minutes of eachother, one of whom was transparent. I hope so, cause all my attempts at pvp with gravelord and darkmoon have yielded nothing.
Yes. I've been invading in the forest for a while.

Speaking of, I'm done with using the Fog Ring for a while. It's just stupid unfair.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Macksy posted:

If you see blue or red people, then you're PVPing, anything else is just human NPCs.

Pretty sure you need to be human for them to show up.

Yes the human NPCs have fog rings.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

lohli posted:

Solaire is the first son of Gwyn. :chord:

Is.. is this... true?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Rexicon1 posted:

Is.. is this... true?

It seems to be implied, the name Solaire for starters, but also that he is a warrior of sunlight, invites you to be a part of that covenant. That covenant also allows you to trade in Gwyn's soul for the sunlight spear attack(I forget the actual name).

Lets not forget that if you play your cards right, he makes it through to the final battle with you.

It looks like Solaire fell out of favour with Gwyn, lost his deity status, and has been striving to become Grossly Incandescent once more.

Edit: Also stuff like his sunlight talisman, and the fondness with which he speaks of Gwyn.

Also Also:
"The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father!"

lohli fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Oct 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oneliquidninja
Jan 6, 2007

I swear I wrote something funny here.

neetz posted:

I understand and welcome people overcoming shortcomings in weapons because they enjoy their movesets, most definitely, but I'm working from a largely PvP perspective. In this instance, raw numbers tell an awful lot, and novelty R2 attacks are a quick way to get killed. Absurdly long reach won't stop someone cartwheeling outside of a very predictable attack pattern and backstabbing you.

The Large Sword of Moonlight still ignores block I think (at least, it seemed to in the three or so fights I had against people using it), so it's a really cool weapon but I trounced every user because they couldn't match my damage. Imagine if they made it even better! It'd be a genuine threat and exciting to fight against.

I'm fairly sure it doesn't ignore block anymore. Most shields don't block much magic damage though so a lot tends to get through.

From a PvP perspective though I disagree about the weapons R2. A novelty R2 attack at this point in the game can be a surprising and effective tool. The Invasion I spoke of earlier was a good example of this. Certainly not a pro invader, he caught himself in a corridor without much room to move around. I come around the corner with Soul Mass going and charge up my R2 attack which he eats, knocking him down. I run at him swinging and he eats what's left of my Soul Mass.

Eventually though you're right. Two months from now everyone that's serious about PvP will recognize 90% of the weapons in the game and know what to expect. Gimmick weapons will be less valuable but gimmick or not it's still another tool in your set.

e: Of course any serious Sword of Moonlight user also has Crystal Homing Soul Mass to fall back on. So maybe my opinion on the weapons damage output is grossly biased considering I can pull out much higher numbers when I need too.

• Locked thread