Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

there is no way merk, enemy of all third parties, genuinely believes this.

I routinely try to get third parties to needlessly claim. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey keane I am going to ask you for like a seventh time, please stop dodging the question:

how do you feel about merk?

I know you think garth is scummy, but independent of QPQ's result, how do you feel about merk? You keep talking at him as if you think he's town, which is obviously some high-quality bullcrap, and I want you to tell me what you actually think of him and why.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

We lynched you three minutes before deadline.

##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo

GET OUT OF THIS GAME

And when I checked before I left I wasn't in any major danger. You cannot accuse me of hiding anything.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

You cannot accuse me of hiding anything.

I just did and you are today's lynch because of it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Even your scum buddy Ecco is voting you to look townie when you flip scum.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I had a dream that I drank a coffee so I woke up and made myself a coffee :megaman:

I like the part where merk was tracked to a corpse but isn't disputing imgay or QPQ's results.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

I just did and you are today's lynch because of it.

Yeah we'll see.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Birdstrike posted:

I like the part where merk was tracked to a corpse but isn't disputing imgay or QPQ's results.

And here we have the scum strategy since day 2 of the game: "we can get merk lynched."

You've failed for days. It's still not working.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok

##vote Opop

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
How can an empowered action even be affected by a mere mortal misdirect?

~whatever~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

hey keane I am going to ask you for like a seventh time, please stop dodging the question:

how do you feel about merk?

I know you think garth is scummy, but independent of QPQ's result, how do you feel about merk? You keep talking at him as if you think he's town, which is obviously some high-quality bullcrap, and I want you to tell me what you actually think of him and why.

I think I am okay with Merk. Everybody is still kind of suspicious at this point but taking everything together I like Merk more than not.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

garthoneeye posted:

I do. I thought Merk's story was suspicious when he said it and his inability to gain information from his empowered watch makes it more suspicious.

Furthermore, as scum you would want to try to push the showdown based on QPQs results as far back as possible because if the town is not in LYLO even guessing wrong still marks a likely scum.

I still think that OPop is scum and I would vote Opop or Merk today.

If you believe QPQ than Merk is 100% scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

gently caress, no, Merk is right.

You are right merk.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'd rather Opop than ecco, though.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Oh you changed to Opop.

Okay!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You and Ecco could be using a terribly playing Opo as a scapegoat to get to lylo and then convince the town to turn on me. That's the only thing giving me a little pause.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

You and Ecco could be using a terribly playing Opo as a scapegoat to get to lylo and then convince the town to turn on me. That's the only thing giving me a little pause.

Merk, but for real, has there been a game where we have played were you haven't thought I was scum?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

I think I am okay with Merk. Everybody is still kind of suspicious at this point but taking everything together I like Merk more than not.

why, though. Why does everything around merk make more sense to you than him being lying scum?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Merk, but for real, has there been a game where we have played were you haven't thought I was scum?

This game you've taken a role of town leader without any resistance, so it's hanging out in the back of my mind.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

This game you've taken a role of town leader without any resistance, so it's hanging out in the back of my mind.

hey merk what do you think are the odds you get hanged today?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

why, though. Why does everything around merk make more sense to you than him being lying scum?

I'll give him another look. I am pretty confident I would rather Opop today.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

I'll give him another look. I am pretty confident I would rather Opop today.

while I don't disagree (I've been trying to kill opop for days), I want you to do the look sooner rather than later, because I really have been getting the feeling from you that you haven't been considering merk as scum because you don't want to consider it, because it's inconvenient and frustrating, which is a really bad reason to avoid looking at scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Merk sure swung from "woe is me" to "super cocky" when he figured out he could get someone else killed today.

I'm actually impressed that we tracked him to a kill two days ago and he's still around, got to respect that kind of chutzpah.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

hey merk what do you think are the odds you get hanged today?

0%

Opo is getting lynched today. The scum want it to happen too.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
...and I'll get you lynched tomorrow Ecco.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

...and I'll get you lynched tomorrow Ecco.

nah that's not going to happen either.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I feel Opop is less than optimal right now as his flip will confirm nothing about the alignment results claimed so far.

I also think Anon should give the invisibility ring to Keane as he's the closest to confirmed town we have. If anyone tries to take it I will vote and/or vig them, including me. I trained with the Popular People's Front of Judea's Crack Suicide Squad I'll have you know.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

I feel Opop is less than optimal right now as his flip will confirm nothing about the alignment results claimed so far.
I'm leaning this way as well, though a lot of it is because I want to prove merk wrong and see him dead today.

But Opop is also scum, too, and literally everyone, even the scum, seems to agree with that, so it's an easier sell.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Birdstrike posted:

Keane as he's the closest to confirmed town we have

?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey birdstrike. what agreement would we need to make for you to promise to shoot opop tonight? I'd have done it the past two nights but alas.

everyone in the town thinks keane is town, it's only the scum (you) who think otherwise.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why do you think Keane is town?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

hey birdstrike. what agreement would we need to make for you to promise to shoot opop tonight? I'd have done it the past two nights but alas.

I'd rather doc someone tbh.

Also Keane was confirmed town if you believe QPQ, which merk hasn't questioned so far.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Why do you think Keane is town?

he's been making cases and reads and appears to be sincerely analyzing the game's claims and behaviors in a genuine attempt to hunt scum. it's very townie and has been consistently townie all game.

or, you know, kind of the opposite how you've played?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

I'd rather doc someone tbh.
eh fair enough.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
In addition to Keane's play, QPQ's result says that Keane has the same aligned as MMT, who flipped town.
Despite me pointing this out, merk doesn't question QPQ but keeps ignoring it because merk ignores night results, like being tracked to the N2 victim.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Birdstrike posted:

I'm not entirely confident in QPQ's results and I'm not sure he is either. I think it's conceivable I could flip town and AnonNarc could also flip town. I don't know.

I haven't been given any reason to think my results were tampered with, and we have at least one player confessing that he was told he was busdriven (1). If my results are wrong it either means A.) merk is lying, or; B.) there's something weird happening with the night flavor. I don't like option B because it suggests a really lovely set-up in addition to the myriad of other weird things going on. If we lose because of that, I'll be more upset with Exakt than the town.

For this reason, I'm hesitant, if not opposed, to voting anyone other than merk or garth/Bird or Narc groupings. A 50-50 chance of hitting scum seems much better odds than potentially missing again because of lovely play and (assuming we hit scum) we get substantially more information, as merk has outlined (2). They way the PMom situation was resolved leaves me paranoid about Opop, and I am not sure we can afford another mislynch.

I'm going to need to reread the thread based on the suggestions of a Bird-garth team, but my ~~gut~~ still sits on merk as scum. I've been in an unconfirmed masonry with Bird since D2 and, other than his item weirdness, nothing about his behavior has seemed suspicious.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

MAFIA EDIT: Bird makes a good point in saying that "merk is scum" is a much simpler solution than "merk was hypnotized by scum to commit the nightkill and the N2 results really don't matter"

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I don't think your results were messed with I just thought because you mistyped then maybe you misunderstood them.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Birdstrike posted:

In addition to Keane's play, QPQ's result says that Keane has the same aligned as MMT, who flipped town.
Despite me pointing this out, merk doesn't question QPQ but keeps ignoring it because merk ignores night results, like being tracked to the N2 victim.

What a scum post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
How to find scum this game: look for posts that are 100% night action based that end in "hehe Merk is scum right????!!!???"

• Locked thread