Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will AEW survive the year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 102 47.66%
No 17 7.94%
Yes after TNA buys it 95 44.39%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gunner Miller is making his AEW debut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Looks like MJF isn't going to like not being ringside for the Spears/Rhodes match.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mjf is going to totally turn on cody

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

mjf is going to totally turn on cody

I just hope they don't burn that turn on this match. The start of something yes, but I can't see what Spears could offer to MJF just yet.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
That was the best contract signing segment that I've seen in years.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I loved how they (at least started) the contract signing portion juxtaposing Spears with Tully looking all classy, riding in a limo, etc. while Cody was working out. Grandson of a plumber.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I loved Tully and the behind the scenes guys in that a lot.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I liked how the lawyer was completely baffled they weren’t just doing this electronically.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Can't believed y'all missed the whiteboard gag

MORE BLOOD AND GUTS :v:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Uncle Ulty posted:

Marty can go to to AEW, then he and Britt Baker can travel together to Orlando to meet up with Adam Cole and Deonna Purrazzo, and they can double date. :allears:

How? Adam cole was poisoned and killed by Kenny and the Bucks

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I love that Britt maintains the kayfabe of this every time she crosses paths with the Bucks on BTE, well past the point where such continuity matters

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

The Cameo posted:

I love that Britt maintains the kayfabe of this every time she crosses paths with the Bucks on BTE, well past the point where such continuity matters

It is one of the best things. It makes me hopeful that he might come to AEW at some point.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

:laffo: MJF's tie

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Oh that's right, I completely forgot about that. :rip:

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I desperately need these road to vids to be longer! they're so good.

mjf shouldn't turn on cody at all out. they should be buds for a long while with maybe cracks starting to sprinkle and then the eventual turn. maybe you can even start a seed with cody bringing someone else to be his ringside +1 instead of mjf.

Critical posted:

:laffo: MJF's tie

I also liked him being slightly more annoying by just having some gum sitting in the side of his mouth throughout the whole segment.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Djarum posted:

It is one of the best things. It makes me hopeful that he might come to AEW at some point.

I’m very much hoping they forget to ever call up TUE and their contracts just expire.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DuhSal posted:

mjf shouldn't turn on cody at all out. they should be buds for a long while with maybe cracks starting to sprinkle and then the eventual turn. maybe you can even start a seed with cody bringing someone else to be his ringside +1 instead of mjf.

Yeah, it's hard for me to explain why it works so well, but it's so endearing that MJF's consistently a dick to everyone but him, and I want it to continue at least for some TV

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I thought Marty's body was destroyed? Maybe he wants to go to NXT and have a quick run and make money before he disappears to be a trainer or something.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Pretty sure all of them are up just after WrestleMania, give or take a month.

Huh. The Revival seems like a surprise since they were given something of a push recently.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

I like the subtle dig at WWE tropes by the lawyer saying that she rarely sees a contract signed in person, and that everything is done digitally.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Huh. The Revival seems like a surprise since they were given something of a push recently.

The Revival are being pushed in order to be conned into signing their pact with Lucifer anew.

Choom Gangster posted:

I like the subtle dig at WWE tropes by the lawyer saying that she rarely sees a contract signed in person, and that everything is done digitally.

Real Life Lawyer is my favorite AEW side character. More so than "ECW Guy Social Media consultant" and the apple-eating phenom "literally QT Marshall"

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The first show is in DC?! gently caress. I just moved away less than a year ago!! gently caress me and gently caress this godforsaken sun-drenched earthquake town.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

karmicknight posted:

Real Life Lawyer is my favorite AEW side character. More so than "ECW Guy Social Media consultant" and the apple-eating phenom "literally QT Marshall"

real life female lawyer
fighting for her clients
wearing modest branded gear
and bein' self reliant

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Benne posted:

Can't believed y'all missed the whiteboard gag

MORE BLOOD AND GUTS :v:

the mookie one was better

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It would be gloriously WWE of them to take their hottest natural heel and try to pass him off as the 4th place face for a heel turn in someone else's storyline.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Cody has been a heel against everyone but the Young Bucks and now Shawn Spears.

edit: I mean this in the sense that MJeff's alignment with him is only getting weird now that Cody isn't the heel, but continuity states that MJeff needs to be pals with Cody until something happens.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Real life lawyer befuddled by the crazy wrestling world is such a good concept. Wait til she finds out that the company employs a 65 million year old dinosaur.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Barry Bluejeans posted:

real life female lawyer
fighting for her clients
wearing modest branded gear
and bein' self reliant

loving bravo for the reference here

Also yeah the lawyer completely no-selling the contract signing also makes it seem so much weirder and funnier.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

“So should I be a little louder, a little crazier, because this is wrestling?”
“Actually it’d be funnier if you don’t quite understand these strange people.”

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1156481023527383040

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shes not in this promotion

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

she should be

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Super No Vacancy posted:

yet

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

sorry for the posts i made before. if i knew it was the normie thing now you know i would never.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Didn't watch the vid, but did they at least make reference to "Tully Blanchard Enterprises"?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

It would be gloriously WWE of them to take their hottest natural heel and try to pass him off as the 4th place face for a heel turn in someone else's storyline.

Guys MJF isn't Cody's best friend. MJF is a brown-noser who SAYS he's Cody's best friend because he thinks it will give him influence.

When it doesn't, then boom, headshot, Spears and MJF stand tall.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
MJF is going to get pissed he wasn’t Cody’s choice for his 1 person at ringside.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

mjf turning on cody is going to be awesome and they shouldn't pull the trigger for like six more months. do the match at double or nothing next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jonny Nox posted:

Guys MJF isn't Cody's best friend. MJF is a brown-noser who SAYS he's Cody's best friend because he thinks it will give him influence.

Plus, you know, he tried to kill Cody's dog when Cody and Brandi weren't around.