Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Other places have worse traffic/congestion but Virginia has the worst drivers of any place I've been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I see none of you have driven in Miami :suicide:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It’s really all of Florida, and it’s because there’s every type of bad driver on the road there.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Miami is the worst and 95 North between like Brickell and the Turnpike junction by dolphin stadium is the closest thing to mad max you'll ever see. Albeit with a south american flavor.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Point, Florida has every type of bad US driver and Miami throws in more and more bad South/central American drivers. It’s interesting how all of a hemisphere’s terrible drivers know to congregate in one spot like moths to a light.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Unlike magnets, theyre drawn to their own. Most likely so that way they arent the worst driver in their area.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Other places have worse traffic/congestion but Virginia has the worst drivers of any place I've been.

Have you forgotten Rhode Island already?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
There was a 63 car accident in Virginia today lol

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I haven’t been able to watch w/ sound, but this looks like a ‘fat guy with back trouble winding-up to hoist his bulk off of leaning on the podium’.

His blood chemistry must rival JFK during his term.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Lake of Methane posted:

I haven’t been able to watch w/ sound, but this looks like a ‘fat guy with back trouble winding-up to hoist his bulk off of leaning on the podium’.

His blood chemistry must rival JFK during his term.

You need the sound. He full on glitches out and then completely changes subjects.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ManMythLegend posted:

Can confirm

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Plus, that’s not the worst part of VA. I nearly died multiple times at the 95/495 mixing bowl before it’s construction was complete. NoVA has a nice mix of rich assholes who don’t give an inch in their BMW, drug addicts, and non licensed-motorist to make things interesting.

VA drivers completely forget how to drive if it's foggy. It's nuts to me after growing up in the CA Central valley which is a muddy, foggy hellscape every winter. Like, turn your lights on and reduce speed a bit?

Nope, gotta cruise-control piledrive myself into the minivan ahead of me

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

egyptian rat race posted:

VA drivers completely forget how to drive if it's foggy. It's nuts to me after growing up in the CA Central valley which is a muddy, foggy hellscape every winter. Like, turn your lights on and reduce speed a bit?

I grew up in Tampa and my wife is from Miami, I still think NoVA is worse. Beyond the gridlock, you see just crazy stuff that makes no sense. Like Miami and Tampa both have a bunch of old retirees and south/central American immigrants, but I feel like having lived and driven those areas I was equipped to deal with it. NoVA would just have completely unpredictable things happen like people trying to cut through traffic by going down a one way road the wrong way, or hopping a round about to pass.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

before it’s construction was complete.

What

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I think the area with the worst drivers that I have been through has probably been Colorado Springs. Roads that seem to me to be laid out by a blind mad man, lots of cars in various states of disrepair, in a state with a nebulous concept of traffic laws all surrounding an Army base.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

There was a 63 car accident in Virginia today lol

I see clear skies in that picture. How the hell...

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

A Bad Poster posted:

You need the sound. He full on glitches out and then completely changes subjects.

This, you absolutely need the sound. It seriously sounds like something a PC would make when the motherboard is on the process of dying and your sound card is the victim. "And let me begin by wishing you a beaut-fhwughigh- a look do you remember this? Do you remember?"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

egyptian rat race posted:

I drove I-64 over Afton Mountain every day at 7am to go to a summer class and it was always, always completely fogged-in

You'll get rear-ended if you slow down, and rear-end someone if you speed up. It's great

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bird food bathtub posted:

This, you absolutely need the sound. It seriously sounds like something a PC would make when the motherboard is on the process of dying and your sound card is the victim. "And let me begin by wishing you a beaut-fhwughigh- a look do you remember this? Do you remember?"

dude is like half sudafed at this point

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

bird food bathtub posted:

I think this is wishful thinking, he’s definitely a bit cooked but he goes to wish the crowd a happy Christmas before pivoting mid sentence to bitching about how everyone was trying to take the word away and he saved it or whatever.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

like a hapsburg trying to eat soup

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Fallom posted:

I drove I-64 over Afton Mountain every day at 7am to go to a summer class and it was always, always completely fogged-in

You'll get rear-ended if you slow down, and rear-end someone if you speed up. It's great

When it's clear though holy gently caress that's quite probably the most gorgeous piece of highway in america

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

ManMythLegend posted:

Buddy Rhode Island's been forgotten since the 18th century.

Edit: I actually heard it mentioned at work this week. Turns out it is roughly the size of DoE's nuclear testing range in NV.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lmao the leaders of the failed Venezuelan coup who fled to the US are being detained by ICE in a Louisiana state prison

https://www.telemundo.com/noticias/...impression=true

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Abongination posted:

I think this is wishful thinking, he’s definitely a bit cooked but he goes to wish the crowd a happy Christmas before pivoting mid sentence to bitching about how everyone was trying to take the word away and he saved it or whatever.

Yeah, I don't think this is bad by Trump's standards at all. I've had really brief shudders like that that come over you like an instant goose-bumpy chill and then they're gone. You're a bit startled for a split-second over whatever odd compulsion your body had, like when you hit your elbow, you acknowledge it, and then you move on.

Except Trump can't admit to any form of weakness, ever, not even a completely human moment where he shudders. So he pretends he didn't lose a step and continues with his usual word salad, which in this case is the old talking point that anyone who wishes you a merry christmas is super brave, because dems and war on christmas and yadda yadda.

The man doesn't need to be committed to a clinic for some brief involuntary bodily reaction. He needs to be committed to a clinic for being a demented sundowner that rambles on incoherently on a "good" day, and committed to prison for being a racist and corrupt piece of poo poo.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/bbcbreaking/status/1209045732386320384?s=21

Wow, amazing that the killers have been brought to justice!!!!!

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

https://twitter.com/bbcbreaking/status/1209045732386320384?s=21

Wow, amazing that the killers have been brought to justice!!!!!

Are they other journalists they don’t like?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, I don't think this is bad by Trump's standards at all. I've had really brief shudders like that that come over you like an instant goose-bumpy chill and then they're gone. You're a bit startled for a split-second over whatever odd compulsion your body had, like when you hit your elbow, you acknowledge it, and then you move on.

Except Trump can't admit to any form of weakness, ever, not even a completely human moment where he shudders. So he pretends he didn't lose a step and continues with his usual word salad, which in this case is the old talking point that anyone who wishes you a merry christmas is super brave, because dems and war on christmas and yadda yadda.

The man doesn't need to be committed to a clinic for some brief involuntary bodily reaction. He needs to be committed to a clinic for being a demented sundowner that rambles on incoherently on a "good" day, and committed to prison for being a racist and corrupt piece of poo poo.

Obviously just piss shakes. Good thing he wears a diaper

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

smertrioslol posted:

Dissident princes perhaps

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

smertrioslol posted:

Turns out it was a conspiracy by a bunch of homosexuals. Luckily the Saudis have laws about how to deal with them.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Real life or RoboCop?

https://mobile.twitter.com/cnnbrk/s...ingawful.com%2F

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Boeing CEO just got sacked

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/1209114525007409152

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Back in the air by Christmas!*

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

mlmp08 posted:

Check his wiki

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Muilenburg

E: wow they fixed it fast

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Fallom posted:

Back in the air by Christmas!*

The arc of the universe is long, but it bends toward justice*

* Justice is defined as an accumulation of generational wealth accrued with some collateral damage**

** collateral damage is defined as hundreds of preventable deaths.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Sacrist65 posted:

The arc of the universe is long, but it bends toward justice*

* Justice is defined as an accumulation of generational wealth accrued with some collateral damage**

** collateral damage is defined as hundreds of preventable deaths.

Oh yeah this guy will live in unimaginable luxury for the rest of his life even if he never takes another job.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I’m sure the “Starliner” failure to rendezvous with ISS didn’t help. Failing on multiple fronts.

But let’s not forget Kevin McAllister who was head of Boeing Commercial Airplanes until a few months back. He needs to be shoulder-to-shoulder with Dennis Boeing.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Looks more Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to me. You know that poo poo's running into the sewer grates!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The OSHA thread has been looking at that disaster with a growing sense of horror. Click through to see the full quotes.

Yooper posted:

This is how a superfund site is born. Some context, this is the stuff they made the movie Erin Brockovich about. It's doubtful he was storing dilute solution, so it's likely inside of his building (and in the ground water table) is contaminated with the full strength stuff.

More photos of the actual operation.

That's the "sludge" drying in the basement. Note the industrial strength box fan assisting the process. Sludge is likely a mixture of lead chromate, lead, hex chrome, and god knows what else they put into the tanks.

The lab.

The plating operation itself. Note the steam rising up from one of the tanks. This place was operating when these photos were taken.

Yes, the center tank says cyanide. Somewhere buried in all those chemicals is probably leaking drums of potassium cyanide.

Finally we tour the open air chemical storage area.

I'm not sure how a business can do this. Where I work (in Michigan) we have a few thousand gallons of similar rather nasty chemicals and OSHA, EGLE, and the EPA visits at least once a year.

edit : From the court case :

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
:stare:

What the gently caress?