Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I still legit like the teal one and I don't know what's wrong with me because I'm obviously the only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

ElwoodCuse posted:

You can tell the difference between the two Stanley Cups by looking for those Xs

I'll keep that handy life-hack in mind for when I'm out buying the One-of-a-Kind Actual Stanley Cup Trophy.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Overwined posted:

I'll keep that handy life-hack in mind for when I'm out buying the One-of-a-Kind Actual Stanley Cup Trophy.

The real cup will show up on an episode of storage wars Texas. Inside will be the trophy and the mummified remains of Brett Hull.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Rich Radbards posted:

You know, just because they make them, you don't have to buy them. :)

Count me in as one of those who would love a Johnny Canuck jersey.

Oh I know, I've been focusing on the jerseys from the 05-06 season, pretty much anything pre-RBK. In fact,

JoelJoel posted:

Oh, you didn't hear?:

I would legitimately buy and wear this before I bought an RBK whole sale.

I'd buy a Kool Kat Blues before an RBK.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

LumpyGumby posted:

I'd buy a Kool Kat Blues before an RBK.

People sold homemade never-were Nordiques Wolf jerseys, I guess it's harder to get access to the dye-printing machine you'd need to make one of these, huh.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I just realized extraskater has full shooting stats like miss%, slapshot%, etc. It's fun to see that Ovechkin scored 20 slapshot goals last season and Kessel a whopping zero - assuming they recorded it correctly, since there is some fuzziness between a hard snapshot and a slapshot with a short windup/wristshot with a quick release.

It did inform me that Bozak doesn't have an unusually large miss%, he just has an abnormally high sh% and/or only shoots from in close. Maybe he'd score 30 20 if he stopped making lovely centering passes or was actually a good player.

Also a fun stat: the only person with a worse on-net % on the powerplay than Phaneuf's 37% was... David Clarkson. Too bad it's only from a sample of 14 shots, of which Clarkson missed 4 and had 5 blocked - probably why he didn't get more PP time, huh?

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 30, 2014

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

ThinkTank posted:

My favourite is still BQSTQN BRUINS from 1972. That or Eric STAAAL.

So there are several errors in the cup too? Also, what of the replica cup, is that what they give to people for their stanley cup at home town tours when the real one returns to HHOF? it is the real one presented at finals, right?

(Also. I also like the teal flyers jersey.)

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
There are two Stanley Cups, the presentation cup and the display cup. One of them is always on display at the hall of fame. The presentation cup has the Xs.

The original bowl that Lord Stanley donated has been on permanent display at the hall for a while.

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

ElwoodCuse posted:

There are two Stanley Cups, the presentation cup and the display cup. One of them is always on display at the hall of fame. The presentation cup has the Xs.

The original bowl that Lord Stanley donated has been on permanent display at the hall for a while.

They have all the removed bands in there as well, it's pretty cool. I was in TO on training one day and had an afternoon to kill so I spent it at the HHOF. It was an afternoon well spent.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
HHOF is pretty sweet, unlike the boring rear end baseball hall of fame.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

HHOF is pretty sweet, unlike the boring rear end baseball hall of fame.

The (Canadian) Baseball Hall of Fame is in, quite possibly, the most boring rear end town in all of Ontario.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The American HHOF is probably boring but I wouldn't know firsthand because it's in bumblefuck Minnesota and it was closed the one day I went through that area.

So I took a picture of a giant 30 foot tall hockey stick statue they built in the town instead.

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002
The Canadian Football Hall of Fame is pretty boring. I have had the pleasure of drinking a butt-load of $2 drafts with Angelo Mosca, but I think LOTS of people have done that. Look at me, droppin names.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ElwoodCuse posted:

Specifically, since the wording here can be taken 2 ways, the display/replica cup is displayed when the presentation cup is out of the HHoF for whatever reason.

The display cup never leaves the HHoF and the Cup anywhere outside is always the presentation cup.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
someone should leave the cup by the side of the road or try and boot it over a frozen river again

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Overwined posted:

Didn't we already learn our goddamn lesson from 95-2004?

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

LmaoTheKid posted:

Didn't we already learn our goddamn lesson from 95-2004?

Oh poo poo, I have been outed. Yes, guys, sorry. I am James Dolan IRL.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Can't wait till I can 3D print my own replica cup. I'll get that fucker over the river.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

eXXon posted:

I just realized extraskater has full shooting stats like miss%, slapshot%, etc. It's fun to see that Ovechkin scored 20 slapshot goals last season and Kessel a whopping zero - assuming they recorded it correctly, since there is some fuzziness between a hard snapshot and a slapshot with a short windup/wristshot with a quick release.

It's probably correct since Kessel's stick might make it nearly impossible to do a slapshot, it only has 70 flex.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Kessel has one of the best slapshots in the league. He can shoot like 102, 103. Really annoying sometimes that he doesn't utilize it.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Paulocaust posted:

Kessel has one of the best slapshots in the league. He can shoot like 102, 103. Really annoying sometimes that he doesn't utilize it.

My buddy who plays way more NHL video games then he does watch hockey referred to it as a video game slapshot and he's 100% accurate. It looks computer assisted, like you put NHL 14 into three button mode.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Canadiens only want a one year deal on Subban at 5.25 million? What the gently caress is going on here?

https://twitter.com/THNKenCampbell/status/494472251903721472

edit - oh duh, arbitration being the key word. That's just the figure the Canadiens are bringing to the hearing.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

xzzy posted:

Canadiens only want a one year deal on Subban at 5.25 million? What the gently caress is going on here?

https://twitter.com/THNKenCampbell/status/494472251903721472

edit - oh duh, arbitration being the key word. That's just the figure the Canadiens are bringing to the hearing.

It's still ok to wonder what the gently caress is going on here though.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
in arbitration the team picks a low number, the player a high number and the arbiter splits the difference and gives subban just under $7m. the real questionable figure is subban only asking for $8.5.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Zamboni Jesus posted:

in arbitration the team picks a low number, the player a high number and the arbiter splits the difference and gives subban just under $7m. the real questionable figure is subban only asking for $8.5.

I meant more in terms of why this contract wasn't done a really long time ago.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

evenworse username posted:

I meant more in terms of why this contract wasn't done a really long time ago.

probably because subban was in monaco hanging out with magic johnson: https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/statuses/486619856415244289

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Zamboni Jesus posted:

probably because subban was in monaco hanging out with magic johnson: https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/statuses/486619856415244289

gently caress that guy.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

evenworse username posted:

gently caress that guy.

It's like I'm seeing double... four Subbans!

Also:

quote:

1. How does one go about meeting Magic Johnson in Monaco?
PK: Luck, a lot of luck. And being in Monaco. [smiles]

4. Staying on the basketball theme: With LeBron James returning to Cleveland this summer, have you ever considered going home to play in Toronto?
PK: Um, I’d be wrong to say that I haven’t thought about it. But one thing’s for sure: Montreal’s a great place to play. The start to a tremendous career — hopefully — has been great in Montreal, when you think that we’ve put together a team that’s been in the playoffs in three out of four years. I’ve been a big part of it. I’ve had individual success as well as team success. You look at last year, what we accomplished. And really, just setting the stage for a legacy there that, possibly, some players will never have in any organization. So I look at that first. But definitely, to think that, at some point, you may have the opportunity to play in your hometown? Yeah, it’s unique. But I’m not in a position to elaborate any more on that. All I can say is that I’ve heard a lot about it, I’ve thought about it — but I’m very happy where I am right now, and they’ve treated me so well.”

:pray:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zamboni Jesus posted:

After Bergevin saw that he reportedly said "Don't put him on a Twitter for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don't bring him to my games."

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Aphrodite posted:

After Bergevin saw that he reportedly said "Don't put him on a Twitter for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don't bring him to my games."

And the NHL forces the Molsons to sell? Sweet.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

JoelJoel posted:

It's like I'm seeing double... four Subbans!

:bravo: A quality joke.

Anyways, I'm going to say a deal gets done before Friday. Something like 4yrs/30m. Subban walks at the end.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Anyways, I'm going to say a deal gets done before Friday. Something like 4yrs/30m. Subban walks at the end.

You just want Komisarek back ASAP.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I will fight you at the end.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Andy Greene signs extension with NJ

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

drat, greene is good and i was hoping he'd hit free agency

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Poonerman posted:

Andy Greene signs extension with NJ

worst summer ever

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
NJ is going to be a pretty good team next year. Also they have a hilarious amount of forwards signed, they could run 5 NHL caliber lines.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Stupid summer hockey internet poll news:

TSN ran a poll saying who was the more important franchise player: Benn or Malkin. Now I'd argue Malkin too, but one being Canadian, Benn one. TSN then called for a revote. They then suspended the revote, and said Malkin won. Now Benn is announced as the winner.

Vote for Rory. http://www.tsn.ca/franchisefaceoff/

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Austrian mook posted:

NJ is going to be a pretty good team next year. Also they have a hilarious amount of forwards signed, they could run 5 NHL caliber lines since it is clearly still 2008.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

NJ is going to be a pretty good team next year. Also they have a hilarious amount of forwards signed, they could run 5 NHL caliber lines.

Lol do you literally have brain damage

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread