Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

As stated, I would like to hear Quid talk about azuth vs me, and why he believes that azuth is a better vote than I am, after being 100% sure I am scum.

And why does that preclude you from dropping a vote on him? He already has a couple votes on him, but it's not like he's going to get turboed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
From my current perspective, as stated prior (I feel like I have to say that a lot this game because people don't read my posts much it seems) Quid is trying to back off the easy lynch (me) and go for a target that can be read as yet another easy lynch (azuth). With the game being in lights out, I argue that is even less advantageous for town than usual to have someone go off on a separate target when they have a 100% scum read on someone, as there is the possibility to push more targets after lynching one. This is why when I originally misunderstood the rules of lights out, I said that I should be lynched quickly and town should move on as I believed they would know I was town. Quid is acting like scum that knows I will flip town, and wants to get off that train before it slams into the station.

However, like I said, I am waiting to hear Quid's response to this situation to see if it is the proper choice.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

This is complete bullshit and you know it. You could easily drop a vote on the person you most suspect to be scum without making some sort of big case. And even so, you've had plenty of time to make any sort of case against something as I made it clear yesterday that I was willing give you time before lynching you.

You've spent the majority of the day so far around -4/-3, so there's no real reason to constantly keep defending yourself without also looking to make cases against someone you think is actually scum.

I have to keep defending myself because people keep bringing it up

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

And why does that preclude you from dropping a vote on him? He already has a couple votes on him, but it's not like he's going to get turboed.

I'm not precluded from dropping a vote I'm more focused on defending myself and getting my opinions out there than voting at the moment. Idk how many times I have to say this.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The likelihood that my vote, on anyone, pushes me closer to a lynch is high, and I would like as much time as possible to be in this game. That's my logic, take it or leave it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

From my current perspective, as stated prior (I feel like I have to say that a lot this game because people don't read my posts much it seems) Quid is trying to back off the easy lynch (me) and go for a target that can be read as yet another easy lynch (azuth). With the game being in lights out, I argue that is even less advantageous for town than usual to have someone go off on a separate target when they have a 100% scum read on someone, as there is the possibility to push more targets after lynching one. This is why when I originally misunderstood the rules of lights out, I said that I should be lynched quickly and town should move on as I believed they would know I was town. Quid is acting like scum that knows I will flip town, and wants to get off that train before it slams into the station.

However, like I said, I am waiting to hear Quid's response to this situation to see if it is the proper choice.

That doesn't make any sense at all because nobody is going to know what you actually are until the end of the day. You keep saying that wrong != scum, so why can't Quid arguing the same thing if you were to flip town?

We have all day to make a decision to lynch someone and after we lynch them, we get 16 more hours to decide if we want to lynch another person and if we do, then we get another 8 hours to decide if we want to lynch a third person.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'm not precluded from dropping a vote I'm more focused on defending myself and getting my opinions out there than voting at the moment. Idk how many times I have to say this.

And your vote is a vital part of your opinion because it's often easier to look at the vote records than it is to dig through a shitload of posts by one person!

If you truly felt that Quid might be scum, you'd have voted for him already just to make it a matter of record.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

That doesn't make any sense at all because nobody is going to know what you actually are until the end of the day. You keep saying that wrong != scum, so why can't Quid arguing the same thing if you were to flip town?

We have all day to make a decision to lynch someone and after we lynch them, we get 16 more hours to decide if we want to lynch another person and if we do, then we get another 8 hours to decide if we want to lynch a third person.

Did you not read the post where I loving said I think you guys should end the day immediately after lynching me?

TMMadman posted:

And your vote is a vital part of your opinion because it's often easier to look at the vote records than it is to dig through a shitload of posts by one person!

If you truly felt that Quid might be scum, you'd have voted for him already just to make it a matter of record.

okay bro. ##vote Quidnose AND LET IT BE KNOWN THAT ON THIS DAY IT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY CREATED AS A MATTER OF RECORD. KASHUNO, TOWN ALIGNED SHINE DELIVERER {BULLETPROOF} HAS MADE THEIR OPINION KNOWN THAT QUIDNOSE IS LIKELY SCUM :derp::derp::derp:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also it's not about Quidnose being wrong, it's about Quidnose jumping off the lynch on me to go somewhere else, despite being 100% sure I am scum.

Seriously read my posts before commenting on them.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Did you not read the post where I loving said I think you guys should end the day immediately after lynching me?

okay bro. ##vote Quidnose AND LET IT BE KNOWN THAT ON THIS DAY IT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY CREATED AS A MATTER OF RECORD. KASHUNO, TOWN ALIGNED SHINE DELIVERER {BULLETPROOF} HAS MADE THEIR OPINION KNOWN THAT QUIDNOSE IS LIKELY SCUM :derp::derp::derp:

And why would we take your opinion seriously about stopping the day after we lynch you? For all we know, you could just be protecting your scumbuddies from being the next lynch target.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Also it's not about Quidnose being wrong, it's about Quidnose jumping off the lynch on me to go somewhere else, despite being 100% sure I am scum.

Seriously read my posts before commenting on them.

There are more than one scum in this game Kash, so Quid moving his vote off you for the moment isn't a big deal because he knows your lynch is a forgone conclusion today.

In fact, that's why I question why you are defending yourself so hard when you have to know that you are absolutely getting lynched today. While it's certainly useful to present some defense of yourself, you have to realize that your time and energy would have been better spent casing the people you think are actually scum instead of constantly defending yourself from a lynch that's going to happen because we have Lights Out play today.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

There are more than one scum in this game Kash, so Quid moving his vote off you for the moment isn't a big deal because he knows your lynch is a forgone conclusion today.

In fact, that's why I question why you are defending yourself so hard when you have to know that you are absolutely getting lynched today. While it's certainly useful to present some defense of yourself, you have to realize that your time and energy would have been better spent casing the people you think are actually scum instead of constantly defending yourself from a lynch that's going to happen because we have Lights Out play today.

I have managed to not get lynched in worse situations. I am not going to just throw in the towel, not let my opinions and reads be known, and stop the generation of content just to appease the people trying to lynch me. If people are building cases and reads against me, I am going to interact with them and discuss the faults. This is not a normal day TMM, you guys have the opportunity to lynch me and move on to other targets. The fact that quid has moved to someone else before securing the lynch on me is suspicious, as it is indicative of trying to be away from the lynch when it actually happens.

TMMadman posted:

And why would we take your opinion seriously about stopping the day after we lynch you? For all we know, you could just be protecting your scumbuddies from being the next lynch target.

The fact that you don't know is exactly why I'm advocating ending the day immediately if I am lynched you dingus.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Kash does bring up a very good point against dad. His play has been scummy as hell in my eyes especially with the vote changing when Kash was at -2. ##quidnose

I'm not willing to have Kash lynched until quid comes back to defens himself

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Also lol Dingus

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

Kash does bring up a very good point against dad. His play has been scummy as hell in my eyes especially with the vote changing when Kash was at -2. ##quidnose

you didn't vote here.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Mayor Glowku posted:

Mafia edit ##vote quidnose

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

also didn't you just do the same thing as quidnose? :ironicat:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I just woke up and read through everything, and I can't in good faith still vote for Kashuno.

##unvote

I'll make an actual case when I'm not busy with a 15 month old little terrorist.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

I just woke up and read through everything, and I can't in good faith still vote for Kashuno.

##unvote

I'll make an actual case when I'm not busy with a 15 month old little terrorist.

:3:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
##vote Quidnose Yeeeeess exactly my use town as a lure to draw out scum gambit is working perrrrfectly.

for those not in the know :thejoke:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
btw that's for the 15 month old terrorist thing, not for the unvote stuff.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

##vote Quidnose Yeeeeess exactly my use town as a lure to draw out scum gambit is working perrrrfectly.

for those not in the know :thejoke:

What is with you this game

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Absurd Revolver posted:

##unvote

Looking forward to you making an actual case ever, at any point, during this game

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Laffo at all these votes moving off Kash.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Kashuno posted:

What is with you this game
What do you mean?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean you're making a joke I guess (it's not funny) but you actually voted so it's not exactly a joke.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Laffo at all these votes moving off Kash.

I agree. None of them look good at all.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Izzhov posted:

Looking forward to you making an actual case ever, at any point, during this game

I'll actually make a case when I'm not busy, because I actually have something to base a case off of now that we're deep into d2.

Looking forward to you being less judgemental when I do!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Kash absolutely has to be lynched today regardless of his alignment at this point. If he's scum like I suspect then we dunk a scum and if he's town then it sucks but we can use the voting to figure out who is likely to be scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Kash absolutely has to be lynched today regardless of his alignment at this point. If he's scum like I suspect then we dunk a scum and if he's town then it sucks but we can use the voting to figure out who is likely to be scum.

I do not want to die but I agree the glut of information that could be gleaned from my flip is great. I'm going to reiterate

:siren:IF I AM LYNCHED, PLEASE END THE DAY IMMEDIATELY:siren:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I mean you're making a joke I guess (it's not funny) but you actually voted so it's not exactly a joke.

The quidnose argument was a good argument, and the longer my vote sits on you is the longer we let scum park a safe vote.

If we don't shake things up we're never going to get anywhere. It's pretty obvious no one is willing to full lynch you which makes me think your town, and that scum has already voted you and is now just waiting for town hammer.

Also, any game I play town and I try to play marginally serious I always get super lynched. So I would rather gently caress around have fun and occasionally make insightful comments that get ignored because Jimson is an idiot than get lynched day2 and watch from afar the rest of the game.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
lets compromise and lynch kash and then quid and then ten other people

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Kashuno posted:

I do not want to die but I agree the glut of information that could be gleaned from my flip is great. I'm going to reiterate

:siren:IF I AM LYNCHED, PLEASE END THE DAY IMMEDIATELY:siren:

kash if you die i promise i will not rest until we lynch a lot of other people today in your name

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

*when you die

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

The quidnose argument was a good argument, and the longer my vote sits on you is the longer we let scum park a safe vote.

If we don't shake things up we're never going to get anywhere. It's pretty obvious no one is willing to full lynch you which makes me think your town, and that scum has already voted you and is now just waiting for town hammer.

Also, any game I play town and I try to play marginally serious I always get super lynched. So I would rather gently caress around have fun and occasionally make insightful comments that get ignored because Jimson is an idiot than get lynched day2 and watch from afar the rest of the game.

Fair.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

:circlefap:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kashuno posted:

also didn't you just do the same thing as quidnose? :ironicat:

Possibly, but quidnose seems much scummier based on his play than you do. You seemed to want us to lynch you so you could flip town and we could find the real scum and I've done that in a previous game actually.

Izzhov posted:

Same to you.

TMMadman posted:

I'm perfectly fine with lynching him on the lights out but dad is extremely suspect as well. You seem to be defending him pretty heavily, which helps my headcanon that you are the godfather

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

So other than Dongsbot 9000

Can I get everyone's opinion on Dongsbot 9000?

I have this dangerous blind spot for his AV and posting style that I just assume he is town and I don't like that becsuse I feel even if I had amazing evidence staring me in the face I might still vote the other way because I like 'em

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

TMMadman posted:

Actually, if he does turn out to be town, we can use the fact that Jimson blatantly lied here:

Jimson posted:

Guys, I have never been more sure of anything in my life. Kashuno is lying. I was specifically told, that we could only do one night-action at a time by the mod, because I asked if I could deliver shine, and change the voting scheme, and mod said only one night-action allowed at a time. So he is either lying about making himself bulletproof, or he is lying about why he visited the dead dood.

As proof that he's scum

• Locked thread