Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Sorry busy day :-(. Give me a few

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Action sent!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Abandoned Sewers, Round 2A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded1, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 16 with Brain Leech and Scurry.

16. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
"BRAIN LEECH (16) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - HEAL4, Self - Generate DARK, XP2 - LOSS
BOT: ATK1 - STREGTHEN Self."

"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE3 - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"
Bullwinkle (Hand8, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 18 with Eye for an Eye and Warding Strength.

18. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Narsham) posted:

code:
"EYE FOR AN EYE (18) [Lvl1]
TOP: Round bonus RETALIATE2, Self - Gain XP1 each time you Retaliate this round.
BOT: HEAL2, Range1 - Generate EARTH"

"WARDING STRENGTH (32) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - PUSH2
BOT: Permanent bonus On the next six sources of damage from attacks targeting you, gain Shield1 - Gain XP on 2nd, 4th and 6th trigger - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand9, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 28 with Explosive Punch and Dirt Tornado.

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"EXPLOSIVE PUNCH (28) [Lvl2]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle -ATK4, Target all enemies adjacent to the destroyed obstacle - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move4"

"DIRT TORNADO (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range2, AOE (check image), Consume EARTH:+1ATK, XP1 
- MUDDLE all allies and enemies in the targeted area.
BOT: Move 3"

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'll be stopping in F5 but I'll be attacking the Viper and the ooze. I'll be running Invisible after that to prevent from getting wrecked

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I really hosed up and thought I could move through an enemy he's without jump

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ok I didn't gently caress up that bad I'm attacking the snake first and then attempting to attack the ooze 2nd

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Since the oozes aren't moving and only have a range 2 attack, it might not be a bad idea to just focus on the snakes this round and let the oozes flail around ineffectually. Splinter could move to E3 and stab the elite viper twice, Bullwinkle hopefully finishes off viper 4, and Rocky dirt tornadoes all of the vipers up top, hopefully finishing off the elite?

Reik fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 17, 2019

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Ok I didn't gently caress up that bad I'm attacking the snake first and then attempting to attack the ooze 2nd

You're not adjacent to the snake so you can't attack it before you move.

I was trying to clear your path but you went too fast for me. If you'd gone at init 20 it would have worked.

Grab the coin and attack the viper twice. I don't see how you can fail to kill it. I'll spend my turn clearing my poison (though Rocky won't get Earth to use because I'm going before him). Rocky can kill most of the snakes next turn and we can both move up to engage the oozes. Only one viper gets to attack back, so we should be in pretty good shape for the next round.

EDIT: ^^^^ Reik's suggestion is better; it keeps Rocky from body-blocking the vipers, but pushes more damage through on them, and Splinter probably doesn't need to go invisible to avoid 1+poison from a regular viper, or even 2+poison if the elite somehow survives.

Narsham fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 17, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
The only issue I see is if Bullwinkle doesn't kill number 4, that exposes Splinter to an attack 1/2 + poison and then an attack 3 (4 with poison). If viper 4 survives, it might be worth it to push it to G4 and dirt tornado 2/4/8 instead of 2/5/7/8.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Reik posted:

The only issue I see is if Bullwinkle doesn't kill number 4, that exposes Splinter to an attack 1/2 + poison and then an attack 3 (4 with poison). If viper 4 survives, it might be worth it to push it to G4 and dirt tornado 2/4/8 instead of 2/5/7/8.

I am pushing it to G4 if it lives (which also blocks Viper 2 and thus keeps the other snakes in the corner). Agreed on the contingent Dirt Tornado being worthwhile.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yeah fair. I will attack twice and move this round so yeah I will kill the snake and then chill using invis so I don't get wrecked

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Reik posted:

Since the oozes aren't moving and only have a range 2 attack, it might not be a bad idea to just focus on the snakes this round and let the oozes flail around ineffectually. Splinter could move to E3 and stab the elite viper twice, Bullwinkle hopefully finishes off viper 4, and Rocky dirt tornadoes all of the vipers up top, hopefully finishing off the elite?

Or yes this idea much better

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah, that all works for me. One big scoop of dirt, coming up!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Abandoned Sewers, Round 2B

- None!

16. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves3 to E3. Attacks Giant Viper 8(E) for 6 (1base, x2mod +2bonus) damage!
Giant Viper 8(E) is at 1 HP
- Master Splinter uses Brain Leech (bot)! Attacks Giant Viper 10(E) for 3 (1base, +0mod +2bonus) damage! Gains STRENGTHEN.
Giant Viper 10(E) is killed!
Master Splinter activates Invisibility Cloak! Gains INVISIBLE.

:ese:
With Splinter invisible in the middle of the way and a boulder blocking the hex next to her, the norther Vipers will take a longer path to be able to do anything.

18. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Narsham) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Warding Strength (top)! Attacks Giant Viper 4 for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage!
Giant Viper 4 is killed!
- Bullwinkle uses Eye for an Eye (bot)! HEAL2, Self. Loses POISON token!
EARTH is now strong.

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

- Rocky uses Explosive Punch (bot)! Moves2 to D4.
- Rocky uses Dirt Tornado (top)! Consumes EARTH! Gains 1XP. Activates Eagle-Eye Goggles. Attacks Giant Viper 2 with ADVANTAGE for 3 (2base, +1/+0mod) damage! Attacks Giant Viper 5 with ADVANTAGE for 4 (2base, +2/+0mod) damage! Attacks Giant Viper 7 with ADVANTAGE for 3 (2base, +1/+0mod) damage!
Giant Viper 2 is at 1 HP and is MUDDLED!
Giant Viper 5 is killed!
Giant Viper 7 is at 1 HP and is MUDDLED!
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

32. Giant Vipers posted:

- Giant Viper 2 Focuses Rocky! Moves3 to G4. Loses MUDDLED token.
- Giant Viper 7 Focuses Rocky! Moves3 to G3. Loses MUDDLED token.

85. Oozes posted:

- Ooze 8(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Does Nothing!
- Ooze 4 focuses Bullwinkle! Does Nothing!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Master Splinter's deck is shuffled!
- ICE is inert.

So far, so good! The monsters have been almost completely nullified by the rough terrain and smart positioning on our players's end.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm going slower to take advantage of invisibility

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm going slow-ish, on account of being a Cragheart. I'll try to take out the snakes if they're still around, or put a dent in some slimes otherwise.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
This is going...

:cool:

...swimmingly.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I'm going slower to take advantage of invisibility

If you can, aim for 3 movement so you can attack an ooze (G4 to attack the regular, or on the off chance I kill it, G5 to attack the elite).

Bullwinkle will go slow and is going to try to get to an ooze and attack for big damage. If the snakes get in the way, he may need someone to clear a path for him (though I'm pretty confident Rocky can do that so long as he's not going at his slowest).

If all goes well, he'll end up on F5. Will probably need a little healing along with the long rest before we go into the next room, but I think we're on track thus far.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Narsham posted:

If you can, aim for 3 movement so you can attack an ooze (G4 to attack the regular, or on the off chance I kill it, G5 to attack the elite).

Bullwinkle will go slow and is going to try to get to an ooze and attack for big damage. If the snakes get in the way, he may need someone to clear a path for him (though I'm pretty confident Rocky can do that so long as he's not going at his slowest).

If all goes well, he'll end up on F5. Will probably need a little healing along with the long rest before we go into the next room, but I think we're on track thus far.

That's doable

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Just a heads up, I'm missing orders from one player and I'm catching a flight this afternoon GMT, so the update is probably going to be delayed until tomorrow!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Abandoned Sewers, Round 3A

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

In this LP, Cultists and Oozes are fighting back against stereotypes!

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there.

Rocky (Hand7, Discarded4, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 57 with Heaving Swing and Massive Boulder.

57. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"HEAVING SWING (57) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK3 - PUSH1 - You may push the target into hexes containing obstacles. In each case, destroy the obstacle, the target suffers 2 damage and you gain XP1.
BOT: Round bonus Add +1ATK to all your ranged attacks this round. "

"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"
Bullwinkle (Hand6, Discarded3, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 77 with Balanced Measures and Fatal Advance.

77. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Narsham) posted:

code:
"BALANCED MEASURES (77) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK* where * is the number of hexes you have moved so far this turn - XP1
BOT: MOVE* where * is the amount of damage you have inflicted so far this turn"

"FATAL ADVANCE (40) [Lvl2]
TOP: Kill one adjacent normal enemy - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move 4"
Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded3, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 82 with Gnawing Horde and Frigid Apparition.

82. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
"GNAWING HORDE (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus Summon Rat Swarm (HP6, MOVE1, ATK2, POISON) - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE4"

"FRIGID APPARITION (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume ICE: STUN, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - STUN (Target one adjacent enemy) - XP1 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
My plan is to try to stun the Elite. I will move to whichever hex I need to

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

My plan is to try to stun the Elite. I will move to whichever hex I need to

Unfortunately there's no Ice element this turn :(

Monster Turns:

Viper 2 to F4 -> Attack Rocky for 1 + Poison
Viper 7 can't draw focus, stands still.
Elite Ooze 8 to G4, F5, or F6 -> Attack Rocky for 2 (3 with poison)
Ooze 4 -> Attack Rocky for 1 (2 with poison)

So Rocky will take an expected 6 damage, we'll have an elite Ooze in F6 and a viper in F4 if I'm doing the AI correctly.

Reik fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 20, 2019

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Reik posted:

Monster Turns:

Elite Ooze 8 to F6 -> Attack Rocky for 2 (3 with poison)

So Rocky will take an expected 6 damage, we'll have an elite Ooze in F6 and a viper in F4 if I'm doing the AI correctly.

I think the elite ooze would attack Bullwinkle. Focus is determined by shortest distance to attack (Rocky and Bullwinkle are tied for this), then proximity (Bullwinkle is closer to the Elite's starting position (the wall doesn't block proximity) and it chooses focus before moving), then initiative if there's still a tie (which is why the normal slime will attack Rocky.)

But monster focus is weird so I might very well be wrong.

e: I am! Nevermind.

Telum fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 20, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Zack Ater posted:

I think the elite ooze would attack Bullwinkle. Focus is determined by shortest distance to attack (Rocky and Bullwinkle are tied for this), then proximity (Bullwinkle is closer to the Elite's starting position (the wall doesn't block proximity) and it chooses focus before moving), then initiative if there's still a tie (which is why the normal slime will attack Rocky.)

Are you counting the distance "as the crow flies" between Bullwinkle and the elite Ooze as 3, going through that "hex" that isn't on the map?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Reik posted:

Monster Turns:

Elite Ooze 8 to F6 -> Attack Rocky for 2 (3 with poison)

This is mostly correct. The Elite Ooze actually has 3 hexes it can move to (G4, F5, and F6), each of which requires 2 movement points. It's the players' choice where it goes.

Zack Ater posted:

You don't go through walls when checking proximity:

FAQ posted:

In the case where the monster can use the same number of movement points to get within range (and line-of-sight) of multiple enemies (either because it starts its turn within range or multiple enemies or through some other situation), proximity (i.e. number of hexes they are away, not counting through walls) is then checked as a tie-breaker for "closest."

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Reik posted:

Are you counting the distance "as the crow flies" between Bullwinkle and the elite Ooze as 3, going through that "hex" that isn't on the map?

I was, yeah, but double checking the FAQ they do say not through walls. My bad :v:

e: ^ yeah, that

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Phelddagrif posted:

This is mostly correct. The Elite Ooze actually has 3 hexes it can move to (G4, F5, and F6), each of which requires 2 movement points. It's the players' choice where it goes.

You don't go through walls when checking proximity:

Gotcha. F5 seems like the easy choice for tossing boulders?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Reik posted:

Gotcha. F5 seems like the easy choice for tossing boulders?

Maybe, though G4 is equally valid. Rocky could also decide to push snek into rock instead.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
:munch: Since the monsters all act before the players, couldn't TIG resolve the monsters before requiring the players' orders?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I, uh, may have made a calculation wrt monster movement rules, since I was expecting the last viper to move to F5. I don't think Massive Boulder can target a hex without an enemy. Given Rocky's cards, I think my best move here might just be smashing a snake into a rock and moving up. I'm guessing G4 (where viper #2 currently is) won't be in anyone's way?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If the Elite Ooze goes to F5 and viper 2 goes to E4 you can boulder the elite ooze and kill viper 2 with the splash damage. If you manage to pull a net +1 modifier between Rocky and Bullwinkle you could put the elite ooze down this turn. EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot it had shield 1.

Reik fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 20, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

:munch: Since the monsters all act before the players, couldn't TIG resolve the monsters before requiring the players' orders?

I guess I couldn have, yeah :v: I think this is the first time itay have happened in the LP? It's a bit late now to run the monsters actions, but I'll do this next time it happens!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
To my group of players: I apologize for being the worst Gloomhaven player ever. I didn't realize that Ice was not in the air :(

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

SalTheBard posted:

To my group of players: I apologize for being the worst Gloomhaven player ever. I didn't realize that Ice was not in the air :(

Don’t worry. You’ll look amazing once I get a chance to play.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I, uh, may have made a calculation wrt monster movement rules, since I was expecting the last viper to move to F5. I don't think Massive Boulder can target a hex without an enemy. Given Rocky's cards, I think my best move here might just be smashing a snake into a rock and moving up. I'm guessing G4 (where viper #2 currently is) won't be in anyone's way?

Yeah, hit the elite Ooze on F5 to auto kill the snake and put 1 damage on the regular ooze. I need the snake's hex open to get my full Attack 6 on the same ooze.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

SalTheBard posted:

This is the prime Gloomhaven experience. You haven't played the game properly until you do an "oops I picked two bottom actions" or the like. I just did that in my live game in our most recent session, and I wasn't even halfway through my first drink yet even. It happens.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Yeah no worries at all :) the only important thing is to have fun killing one billion Oozes!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I have a Move 4, since I'm going last my idea was to move towards the Elite Ooze and start getting my stab on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

SalTheBard posted:

Oh, my dude, watch a few first-session Let's Plays on Youtube.

You will feel like a Gloomhaven genius. And if you know the rules, you will yell a bunch at the people doing dumb wrong things on the screen.