Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Such Fun posted:

No!
The argument against a master race is not that some proponents do not meet their own criteria. Because that implies that with a better chin they would have a better claim to being the master race.

Don't worry, I agree. The Preacher panel has never sat right with me.

Also, using any kind of body shaming isn't a great argument against people who are/were infamously into eugenics. "Unt now ve vill pass ze law for aborting ze chinless, ya?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Johnny Aztec posted:

Jesus christ, Fine. I won't mock a Nazi.

I'll just toss them off the cliff, as the only good nazi is a dead nazi.

Wait is the argument we can only do one or the other?

Because I want to do both.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Proteus Jones posted:

You only get to mock the nazi for being stupid but not ugly in our brave new world

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Proteus Jones posted:

I mean, I guess you could mock their personal life choices, just not their face/body?

I unno, I'm not in charge of killing Nazis. Do it however you feel best, friend.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/JoeOtterson/status/1404495349520244736?s=19

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Kind of ironic they are worried about toy sales of action figures of characters giving head when every 11 year olds action figures are gonna be constantly 69ing when their parents aren't watching.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Johnny Aztec posted:

Jesus christ, Fine. I won't mock a Nazi.

I'll just toss them off the cliff, as the only good nazi is a dead nazi.

Proteus Jones posted:

Nazis have become the hilarious bogeymen of these forums. 1 post = 1 punch.
But how about taking a moment to grasp just why these people are reprehensible, instead of this glee at having a morally acceptable punching bag?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*turns chair around to sit on it backwards* Did you ever just think about why Nazis need punching?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Such Fun posted:

But how about taking a moment to grasp just why these people are reprehensible, instead of this glee at having a morally acceptable punching bag?

Done. Now lets get back to punching.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Such Fun posted:

a bunch of guys spent a while figuring out the why a little over seventy years ago, don't want to step on their toes

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

There was literally worse batsex in the lovely animated version of The Killing Joke!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/RealSardonicus/status/1404408937491881989

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Such Fun posted:

Three words: Phillip K. Shearer. Beaten into a coma on July 3, 1993. Removed from life support July 8, 1993. In 24 days he will have been dead 28 years. Two people were convicted in his death: Matthew Owens and Sean Ono. They had every advantage in life. They went to good schools, were from "good" families and went on to lead comfortable lives because why ruin the futures of some promising young men just because their dalliance with neo-nazi ideology led to an unfortunately fatal oopsie?

Why were they reprehensible? Who loving cares. All I know is that I had to watch as they lowered my friend into his grave.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Three words: Phillip K. Shearer. Beaten into a coma on July 3, 1993. Removed from life support July 8, 1993. In 24 days he will have been dead 28 years. Two people were convicted in his death: Matthew Owens and Sean Ono. They had every advantage in life. They went to good schools, were from "good" families and went on to lead comfortable lives because why ruin the futures of some promising young men just because their dalliance with neo-nazi ideology led to an unfortunately fatal oopsie?

Why were they reprehensible? Who loving cares. All I know is that I had to watch as they lowered my friend into his grave.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

I feel a bit uncomfortable using your story of loss in an internet discussion, so I’ll do my best to be respectful.

I think your experience actually falls in line with what I’ve been trying to express.
If you’d meet Matthew Owens and Sean Ono on the street, I don’t think you would try to land a blow on them by pointing out the ways in which they fail to live up to their own standards. I imagine you would rage at these murderers.

Talking about a nazi’s chin not only does injustice to their crimes, it also opens up the debate: aparently jaw size is something that matters.

I get that you would feel that anything goes when it comes to hurting these people. But I’m afraid that we still have more to lose, and we will, if we let nazis become this bogeyman

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Oh for gently caress sake,just loving make fun of nazis! They’re reprehensible scum,laugh at them, beat them up!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Oh for gently caress sake,just loving make fun of nazis! They’re reprehensible scum,laugh at them, beat them up!

Or make an attempt to do that in a better way

This is a discussion board and it's a worthwhile discussion

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Nah

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Such Fun posted:

I feel a bit uncomfortable using your story of loss in an internet discussion, so I’ll do my best to be respectful.

I think your experience actually falls in line with what I’ve been trying to express.
If you’d meet Matthew Owens and Sean Ono on the street, I don’t think you would try to land a blow on them by pointing out the ways in which they fail to live up to their own standards. I imagine you would rage at these murderers.

Talking about a nazi’s chin not only does injustice to their crimes, it also opens up the debate: aparently jaw size is something that matters.

I get that you would feel that anything goes when it comes to hurting these people. But I’m afraid that we still have more to lose, and we will, if we let nazis become this bogeyman

hey, this post, it’s terrible fyi

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Every single thing that can be done to make Nazis feel unwelcome should be done. Because they are unwelcome. And they should never - ever - get the feeling like that isn't the case. If that means mocking their stupid face then mock it. If that means slashing their car tyres then slash them.

Social ostracism is a powerful tool and one that is not employed anywhere near enough on fash. gently caress that decorum bullshit.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Making fun of them online isn’t really accomplish that. Which is fine but I think people are a little online poisoned it they think their internet jabs do anything

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Actually making it clear WHY they are unwelcome is much better than making fun of immutable personal characteristics, which is what they do

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

The Bloop posted:

Actually making it clear WHY they are unwelcome is much better than making fun of immutable personal characteristics, which is what they do

And part of this is pointing out why their own group doesn't want them either.

"Hey that fella is talking about me"

https://youtu.be/8K6-cEAJZlE

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Inceltown posted:

Every single thing that can be done to make Nazis feel unwelcome should be done. Because they are unwelcome. And they should never - ever - get the feeling like that isn't the case. If that means mocking their stupid face then mock it. If that means slashing their car tyres then slash them.

Social ostracism is a powerful tool and one that is not employed anywhere near enough on fash. gently caress that decorum bullshit.

It’s not about decorum bullshit. It’s about the goals not justifying the means. We should be very critical of the means.

I bet plenty of nazis would not enjoy being made out as a bunch of faggots.
Going by what you have posted here, you would be fine with calling nazis faggots.

Attacking people on the shape of their jaw is not quite the same, but pretty close.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Such Fun posted:

It’s not about decorum bullshit. It’s about the goals not justifying the means. We should be very critical of the means.

I bet plenty of nazis would not enjoy being made out as a bunch of faggots.
Going by what you have posted here, you would be fine with calling nazis faggots.

Attacking people on the shape of their jaw is not quite the same, but pretty close.

Dewgy posted:

hey, this post, it’s terrible fyi

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Such Fun posted:

Okay, yeah, this is a thing that I learned distressingly late in life: what you mock your enemies for, you're mocking your friends for too.

I'm just a little bit sensitive on the subject and I appreciate your patience.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Nazis are a "bogeyman" because they loving want to murder p much all of us and have tried before you goddamn stooge. What is wrong with you?

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

StillFullyTerrible posted:

Nazis are a "bogeyman" because they loving want to murder p much all of us and have tried before you goddamn stooge. What is wrong with you?

I’m kinda baffled at the idea that you think I’m arguing for a kinder treatment of nazis.
I’m arguing that by using a certain group of insults against nazis you’re actually validating their position, and harming other people.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Such Fun posted:

I’m kinda baffled at the idea that you think I’m arguing for a kinder treatment of nazis.
I’m arguing that by using a certain group of insults against nazis you’re actually validating their position, and harming other people.
Nazi: wow. godwin's law strikes again.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Such Fun posted:

I’ll be honest, if Hapsburg inbred fatty mclardass no chin is gonna turn Nazi because of how I insult Nazis, it was gonna happen with or without my input.

“validating their position” lmao

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

Such Fun posted:

i'm gonna make fun of ben shapiro by claiming he only comes up to the knee of a honeybee and because i have dwarfism irl i can and fuckin will do it and you can't stop me

Dewgy posted:

I’ll be honest, if Hapsburg inbred fatty mclardass no chin is gonna turn Nazi because of how I insult Nazis, it was gonna happen with or without my input.

“validating their position” lmao

i think his position is "you will hurt the feelings of chinless/fat/inbred people if you make fun of nazis for those traits" which i disagree with but has some validity

StillFullyTerrible has a new favorite as of 22:26 on Jun 14, 2021

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Hello I'm someone who's been on the wrong side of nazis continously in my life because they think I'm a brown, and also had a hard time growing up because I stand all of 5'4" tall today. If the only behaviour that separates us from them is what clothes we choose,

Then what is the loving point?

Look, insulting them isn't pointless I see that but its much less effective at making them cry than hitting them. And hitting them in the name of equality doesn't make all your ugly friends sad.

ThisIsJohnWayne has a new favorite as of 22:43 on Jun 14, 2021

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Hello I'm someone who's been on the wrong side of nazis continously in my life because they think I'm a brown, and also had a hard time growing up because I stand all of 5'4" tall today. If the only behaviour that separates us from them is what clothes we choose,

uhhhhhhhhh

the main thing separating us from them is that they want to murder people like us and are actively attempting to do so

stop loving acting like calling them names makes us just as bad, loving hell

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

i'm gonna make fun of ben shapiro by claiming he only comes up to the knee of a honeybee and because i have dwarfism irl i can and fuckin will do it and you can't stop me

i think his position is "you will hurt the feelings of chinless/fat/inbred people if you make fun of nazis for those traits" which i disagree with but has some validity

First: yes it is pretty lovely towards those people.

Second: the ‘validation’ comes from engaging the argument by saying they don’t live up to it themselves, instead of discrediting the argument as bullshit.

Your dwarfism doesn’t give you a pass to denigrate other people’s height, the same way I don’t get to put down people by calling them a human being.
It has very little to do with how much the subject deserves our scorn, and all to with who else hears what we’re saying.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

don't you dare shortsplain to me pal

edit: also by that logic you should get probated for using that slur, because being gay doesn't make it okay to say it

StillFullyTerrible has a new favorite as of 22:57 on Jun 14, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Insulting people for immutable physical characteristics makes you an rear end in a top hat

Even if the people you are insulting are Nazis, which, yes, is orders of magnitude worse, it still hurts Innocents more than them

That's the entire argument. Don't be an rear end in a top hat.

Edit: it's not that it validates their arguments to them or convinces anyone to be a Nazi, it's that it hurts the same people they're trying to hurt

The Bloop has a new favorite as of 23:02 on Jun 14, 2021

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

stop loving acting like calling them names makes us just as bad, loving hell

The issue is which names you’re calling them.

Nobody but you is saying you’re just as bad. I think you and I are firmly on the same side of the fence. What I’m fumbling at communicating is that I think we need to stay mindful of why we oppose fascists; when we think we’re putting down nazis by mocking their ugly gently caress faces we’re actually playing along with their game instead of opposing it

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

Such Fun posted:

Nobody but you is saying you’re just as bad.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

If the only behaviour that separates us from them is what clothes we choose,

also this entire thing got started by a belgian getting mad about korean feminists and so i think i'm done

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

also this entire thing got started by a belgian getting mad about korean feminists and so i think i'm done

By all means stop posting. But reducing a conversation like this is cheap as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anybody traveling there with Elon better read the fine print…