Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Oh yeah, F5 and F6 are equidistant, as far as the elite ooze is concerned. Just as I planned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I have a Move 4, since I'm going last my idea was to move towards the Elite Ooze and start getting my stab on.

Since Bullwinkle will be blocking the path to the elite ooze, your best bet would be to go finish off viper 7 anyways, so it's not like missing out on the stun is the worst thing. Unless Bullwinkle draws the 2x card and obliterates the ooze, then you can run in and stab the regular ooze.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

dwarf74 posted:

Oh, my dude, watch a few first-session Let's Plays on Youtube.

You will feel like a Gloomhaven genius. And if you know the rules, you will yell a bunch at the people doing dumb wrong things on the screen.

Hell, even some self-professed "teach Gloomhaven" videos have multiple mistakes (JonGetsGames and Tom Teaches, for instance). It happens to everyone all the time; just roll with it and make the best of whatcha got!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Reik posted:

Since Bullwinkle will be blocking the path to the elite ooze, your best bet would be to go finish off viper 7 anyways, so it's not like missing out on the stun is the worst thing. Unless Bullwinkle draws the 2x card and obliterates the ooze, then you can run in and stab the regular ooze.

Sounds good

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Phelddagrif posted:

Hell, even some self-professed "teach Gloomhaven" videos have multiple mistakes (JonGetsGames and Tom Teaches, for instance). It happens to everyone all the time; just roll with it and make the best of whatcha got!

I think No Pun Included (who have helped make a few Gloomhaven scenarios) got poo poo wrong in one of their recent playthroughs.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Abandoned Sewers, Round 3B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

32. Giant Vipers posted:

- Giant Viper 2 Focuses Rocky! Moves2 to E3. Attacks Rocky for 0 (1base, -1mod) damage!
Rocky is at 14 HP POISONED!
- Giant Viper 7 can't focus any enemy! Does nothing.

Even if it had infinite movement points, Viper 7 would be unable to reach any existing enemy with a melee attack. Unable to draw Focus, it just stands still, looking perpexled and slimy.

36. Oozes posted:

- Ooze 8(E) focuses Rocky! Moves2 to F5. Attacks Rocky for 2 (2base, -1mod, POISON) damage!
Rocky is at 12 HP POISONED!
- Ooze 4 focuses Rocky! Attacks Rocky for 4 (2base, +1mod, POISON) damage!
Rocky is at 8 HP POISONED!

57. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

- Rocky uses Heaving Swing (bot)! Round bonus active: Add +1ATK to all your ranged attacks this round.
- Rocky uses Massive Boulder (top)! Attacks Ooze 8(E) for 3 (4base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage! Giant Viper 2 and Ooze 4 suffer 1 splash damage!
Ooze 8(E) is at 8 HP.
Giant Viper 2 is killed!
Ooze 4 is at 6 HP.
EARTH is now strong.

With the new coin token value of 3, that's almost 10 gold on E4!

77. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Narsham) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Fatal Advance (bot)! Activates Boots of Striding! Moves6 to E4 through C4, B4, B5, C4, D5, E5.
- Bullwinkle uses Balanced Measures (top)! Attacks Ooze 8(E) for 6 (6base, +1mod ,SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Ooze 8(E) is at 2 HP.
Bullwinkle executes end of turn looting! Gains 3 coin token(s).

82. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Gnawing Horde (bot)! Moves2 to F3.
- Master Splinter uses Frigid Apparition (top)! Attacks Giant Viper 7 with ADVANTAGE for 10 (3base, x2mod/+0 +2bonus) damage! Loses INVISIBILITY and STRENGTHEN tokens.
Giant Viper 7 is very, very dead!
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

:ese::gibs:

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- EARTH is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
May plan is to go very fast, stun the Elite, move to the hex G4 by the regular ooze and attack the regular ooze as well

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Rocky is wearing chainmail, no? They should be at 10HP by my reckoning.

I'll attack an ooze for modest damage.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Bullwinkle Master Splinter uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Scurry and Perverse Edge.

E: :v:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 21, 2019

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

That Italian Guy posted:

Bullwinkle uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Scurry and Perverse Edge.

I don't think so, Tim!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Rocky is wearing chainmail, no? They should be at 10HP by my reckoning.

This is correct, I completely forgot about that :) Fixing this for the next update.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
I'll go reasonably fast and stab an ooze. Should either kill the elite if it survives Splinter or damage the regular; if Splinter performs normally, I may be able to kill it.

If we sweep the board this turn, I'm ready for a long rest on the following one; definitely taking a long rest the turn after if we still have an ooze to fight.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
FYI, if you long rest and your chain mail is not completely spent, it does not get refreshed. It's kind of a bummer.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Reik posted:

FYI, if you long rest and your chain mail is not completely spent, it does not get refreshed. It's kind of a bummer.

After this turn I will have 2 cards in my hand. I'm either short or long resting regardless and my shield and boots will come back either way. The earring means I can get my armor back quickly and I'm not going to complain about how few attacks we had to eat clearing this first room.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Narsham posted:

After this turn I will have 2 cards in my hand. I'm either short or long resting regardless and my shield and boots will come back either way. The earring means I can get my armor back quickly and I'm not going to complain about how few attacks we had to eat clearing this first room.

Yeah, unless the oozes somehow go super fast and get in one last hurrah against Bullwinkle I don't know what else you can do, just kind of a bummer.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
10 damage to something with 1 HP.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah.......

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

That's the game.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
The Sanctuary of the great oak really doesn't like snakes.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reik posted:

The Sanctuary of the great oak really doesn't like snakes.

Master Splinter has managed to pulls her X2 (the normal one) twice after pulling a Bless in the first Round. Over..3 Rounds? That's some % for you math enthusiasts!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Abandoned Sewers, Round 4A

- Master Splinter uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Scurry and Perverse Edge.
- Rocky has a Chainmail! Used 2 charges, has 2 more HP!"

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Guys, why was everyone freaking out about Oozes, really I don't understand :v:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded3, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and Scurry.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range2 - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE3 - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"
Bullwinkle (Hand4, Discarded5, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 35 with Skewer and Trample.

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Narsham) posted:

code:
"SKEWER (35) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK 3, PBAOE (check image), Consume AIR: +1ATK, PIERCE1 - XP1
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1 - LOSS"

"TRAMPLE (72) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PIERCE2
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - ATK2 (Target all enemies moved through) - XP2 - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand5, Discarded6, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 38 with Earthen Clod and Crater.

38. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"EARTHEN CLOD (38) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range5 - Consume EARTH: IMMOBILIZE, XP1
BOT: HEAL2, Range3"

"CRATER (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Consume EARTH: PUSH2, XP1
BOT: All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage, Consume EARTH: suffer 2 damage instead, XP1 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Do you want me to stun elite or regular ooze?

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

SalTheBard posted:

Do you want me to stun elite or regular ooze?

I would say the normal, just because the Elite's more likely to die this turn, but you're not currently in range of the normal, so you'd be attacking it at disadvantage after you scurry over to it. So that makes me lean towards using your ranged on the elite.

On the other hand, Bullwinkle's got a nice skewer lined up and it'd be a bit of a shame if you accidentally killed the elite first...

e: v it's still a good attack even without air.

Telum fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 22, 2019

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Zack Ater posted:

I would say the normal, just because the Elite's more likely to die this turn, but you're not currently in range of the normal, so you'd be attacking it at disadvantage after you scurry over to it. So that makes me lean towards using your ranged on the elite.

On the other hand, Bullwinkle's got a nice skewer lined up and it'd be a bit of a shame if you accidentally killed the elite first...

I don't have air for the skewer, so killing the elite is fine.

Also, Bullwinkle played the TOP of Warding Strength and should not have the bottom of the card active.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
With shield 1 your perverse edge stun won't be doing much damage anyways, so I think it's probably better value to make sure the normal doesn't get to act. The elite will have a Skewer and Crater tossed at it, both which will kill it with a +0 or higher, so I think it's pretty safe.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Narsham posted:

Also, Bullwinkle played the TOP of Warding Strength and should not have the bottom of the card active.

Ops! That was a spreadsheet only fuckery, but it's been fixed now :)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ok. I'll move to G3 and use my ranged attack on the normal one

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Ok. I'll move to G3 and use my ranged attack on the normal one

Sounds good; in that case, I'll use Skewer after all, as it's slightly more damage on average and Rocky can finish the elite if I don't kill it.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Abandoned Sewers, Round 4B

- None!

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves2 to G3.
- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Ooze 4 for 0 (1base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Ooze 4 is at 6 HP and is STUNNED!
ICE is now strong.
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Narsham) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (top)! Attacks Ooze 8(E) for 3 (3base, +1mod ,SHIELD1) damage! Attacks Ooze 4 for 5 (3base, +3mod ,SHIELD1) damage!
Ooze 8(E) is killed!
Ooze 4 is at 1 HP
- Bullwinkle uses Trample (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves1 to F5.
Bullwinkle executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

38. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

- Rocky uses Earthen Clod (bot)! HEAL2, Self. Loses POISON token.
- Rocky uses Crater (top)! Consumes EARTH. Attacks Ooze 4 for 0 (3base, NULLmod, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Ooze 4 is at 1 HP and is STUNNED!

Hey Zulily Zoetrope, let me know if you want to PUSH2 the Ooze! EDIT: the Ooze has been pushed to G6.

57. Oozes posted:

- Ooze 4 loses STUN token.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Rocky's deck is shuffled.
- ICE is now waning.

EDIT: the Ooze has been pushed to G6.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:37 on May 23, 2019

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I thought I had to push the Ooze to get the exp, in which case I do that. G6 is the only legal spot to which it can be pushed.

I'm all out of attacks. I'll act slow and heal a friend if the Ooze manages to poison someone, and hit it with a generic attack 2 if all else fails. Next round I intend to long rest.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

The Ooze has been pushed to G6!

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I thought I had to push the Ooze to get the exp, in which case I do that. G6 is the only legal spot to which it can be pushed.

I'm all out of attacks. I'll act slow and heal a friend if the Ooze manages to poison someone, and hit it with a generic attack 2 if all else fails. Next round I intend to long rest.

Barring a miss, Bullwinkle should be able to kill it this turn. I think we came out of that in really good shape and am glad we can long rest after (we are going to need our best cards later in this scenario).

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
How did the final ooze end up with 1hp? It was at 6 and Rocky missed.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Bullwinkle hit it for 5 with Skewer.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Narsham posted:

Barring a miss, Bullwinkle should be able to kill it this turn. I think we came out of that in really good shape and am glad we can long rest after (we are going to need our best cards later in this scenario).

Yeah, little to no damage after this round, picking up all the coins, and 5 turns for a room is a good pace.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Bullwinkle hit it for 5 with Skewer.

Oh whoops!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I would like to short rest so I'm waiting to hear back from TIG about what card I lost before I decide what my move is. I would like to kick open door this turn

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I would like to short rest so I'm waiting to hear back from TIG about what card I lost before I decide what my move is. I would like to kick open door this turn

Apologies, I was outside yesterday evening and I had not seen your PM till now!

Master Splinter takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Gnawing Horde rerolled for 1HP, loses Scurry.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:02 on May 24, 2019

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Blech. Le sigh. It's ok. It's what U get for short resting instead of long resting.

How do we want to handle this door? Who is opening it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I know Rocky is healing this turn and long resting the next, and I think Bullwinkle is long resting the next turn as well. Might not be a bad idea to open it and just throw ranged attacks from the door?