Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it's finally time to release my putt buttigieg themed point and click adventure game. but first to check the news and see how he did on super tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

homeless snail posted:

it's finally time to release my putt buttigieg themed point and click adventure game. but first to check the news and see how he did on super tuesday

Is this a typo or a clever name for buttigieg-themed minigolf

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

first it was a typo and then I left it because I was thinking about putt putt

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Planetside 2 has a huge update coming on Wednesday that adds player-controlled BF2142 Titans - I thought the game died years ago so I was surprised to hear it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think they tried to launch a battle royale mode a year or so back and the player population was so incredibly tiny that they killed it after a month or two

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It took me a moment to realize the Koopa is Mitch McConnel. Perfect.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

Planetside 2 has a huge update coming on Wednesday that adds player-controlled BF2142 Titans - I thought the game died years ago so I was surprised to hear it.

Daybreak keeps updating this game even though no one is playing it. Everquest 1 & 2 still get new expansions too despite zero player populations. I don't want Everquest to die because its such an historical part of gaming, but it'll probably shut down soon.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wasn't daybreak a front for russian mafia money laundering, I thought we all learned that when they bought out soe

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

wasn't daybreak a front for russian mafia money laundering, I thought we all learned that when they bought out soe

SoE broke from Sony and renamed themselves to Daybreak, but then a Russian mafia money laundering company invested in them, but that investment is no longer going as far as I know. Daybreak is entirely independent now.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Daybreak keeps updating this game even though no one is playing it. Everquest 1 & 2 still get new expansions too despite zero player populations.

It looks like Daybreak doesn't have much to do with it anymore and that the Planetside devs opened up their own studio. https://www.rogueplanetgaming.com/home It seems like a similar thing to what happened to the LOTRO devs last year.

The player count tripled in the past month with all the updates they've been doing, has a ways to go before they get back to even the 2015 levels but I'm redownloading to try it out after all these years.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

It looks like Daybreak doesn't have much to do with it anymore and that the Planetside devs opened up their own studio. https://www.rogueplanetgaming.com/home

The player count tripled in the past month with all the updates they've been doing, has a ways to go before they get back to even the 2015 levels but I'm redownloading to try it out after all these years.

Okay to be fair, they are at 2,429 people right now on Steam, and of course there is more than that playing with the non-Steam client. Maybe I should also give this game a try again. Its been years.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Okay to be fair, they are at 2,429 people right now on Steam, and of course there is more than that playing with the non-Steam client. Maybe I should also give this game a try again. Its been years.

The subreddit is full of people complaining about not being able to join the servers due to overpopulation.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

homeless snail posted:

first it was a typo and then I left it because I was thinking about putt putt

Butt Butt Goes to Washington

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

good: platinum 4 is a new viewtiful joe
bad: it's viewtiful joe biden

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

also it's a big missed opportunity to call it super bernie brothers and have player 2 be bernies british brother

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Not sure it would ever happen but it'd be cool if nintendo released a redo of the oracle games but done up like sonic adventure 2 where you had 2 different campaigns and beating them both would unlock a 3rd campaign and they could make the 3rd oracle game then that was originally planned

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

homeless snail posted:

also it's a big missed opportunity to call it super bernie brothers and have player 2 be bernies british brother
Corbyn isn't relevant anymore, unfortunately.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

please do not be dismissive of larry sanders

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Decided to give Yakuza 0 a go since it was dirt cheap on Steam and it's one of those series' that you hear praise about every now and then.

It's really good fun. I'm not really a beat em up person but I could watch these characters be melodramatic at each other all day. Shame most of them don't seem to have made it to PC.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

they said that name was already taken

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i know i know, never read the comments. but hey i learned something this time and that means today is gonna be a great day

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
mods change my name to Parasite Steve

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Looper posted:

when i compare the two, ff5 generally wins out mostly because it feels more replayable. this may not be because of the fiesta, but whenever i think about replaying BD i kinda groan thinking about some of the stuff that's a bit of a pain, and it doesn't really have any fun dungeons like the karnak 500 or fork tower. or fun secrets like the mirage town or getting the best bard ability by playing every piano in the game

the job system itself in BD is more fully realized and asks more of the player (if you aren't doing a gimmick run) but ff5 is the stronger whole imo

Same, FF5 isn't my favorite Final Fantasy game but I'd much rather replay it than ever retread the same dull, lifeless areas in Bravely Default 5 times again.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

mods change my name to Parasite Steve
sorry its parasite adam and parasite eve, not parasite adam and parasite steve

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

stev posted:

Decided to give Yakuza 0 a go since it was dirt cheap on Steam and it's one of those series' that you hear praise about every now and then.

It's really good fun. I'm not really a beat em up person but I could watch these characters be melodramatic at each other all day. Shame most of them don't seem to have made it to PC.

I'm no Yakuza expert I had a great time with the first 3, mostly Kiwami2

There's something about the hard boiled crime drama mixed with the surreal side stories and the gratuitously over the top combat that just makes for a fun time.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

This is kind of corny but making the koopa troopas Mitch McConnell is extremely inspired design

Help Im Alive posted:

good: platinum 4 is a new viewtiful joe
bad: it's viewtiful joe biden

Malarkey-a-go-go (to the polls)

raditts fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 9, 2020

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help I’m sad about politix

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

heres what i did. close your eyes and imagine two metal probes entering your nasal cavity, you're being lobotomized and as they cut away the grey matter you feel increasingly less care about the things you don't want to care about.

now open your eyes, you will now no longer look at the news and will fill that hole in your life with video games and, if you are so inclined, anime

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

star trek's good too

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No i want to care about politix, I just want things to be going better

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

Politics isn't just electoralism. Electoralism isn't the end point of politics. Those of us that want a decent life and a roof over our heads and to be able to see a doctor when we're sick or have sadbrains were going to have to fight tooth and nail regardless of if Bernie was president or not.

Some of my most satisfying political work has been on local issues working with people in my community to improve their own lives. We're working on organizing a regional tenants union right now and it's going really really well and is very rewarding.

Bernie has done more than anyone else in decades to start to build class consciousness and build a left platform and movement. There's a reason his campaign slogan is "Not Me. Us." He can only take us so far -- we have to do the rest and we have to fight harder than is fair to even begin to see a fairer, more just society.

Under no circumstances is the right or moral choice to be made to give up to the coming barbarism.

edit: and god knows Joe Biden isn't winning this year so if you want to do the whole electoralism thing again, that'll be winding up soon enough after November.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SeXReX posted:

The coolest thing botw did was absolutely destroy the people who treat games like a checklist they need to tick all the boxes on.

Shrine feels tedious? Then don't do it lmao

As middling as BotW ended up it was in fact super cool after the first guardian to go "know what? gently caress this" when I realized I was still like twelve shrines from the master sword and go to the castle then just barely eke out a win in a three-four hour dungeon crawl and boss gauntlet using up every remaining weapon and item but like two (most of which I got IN the castle)

Too bad the rest wasn't as engaging and cool

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 9, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6EKoM070bg&feature=youtu.be

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i agree with everything stux says about botw

i would like to add that i don't think link needs a loving smartphone. everything about the UI bugged me. it's too digital and artificial feeling. it doesn't belong.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

magic tech is cool

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

i agree with everything stux says about botw

i would like to add that i don't think link needs a loving smartphone. everything about the UI bugged me. it's too digital and artificial feeling. it doesn't belong.
it makes sense when you consider that it was a wii u game, and 90% of wii u games have phones and or tablets as plot critical elements

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

oddium posted:

magic tech is cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4venFPPzfs

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the map spire distilling down to a drop and splashing onto the slate. now that's win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If you want to play games to support Bernie there's also
https://twitter.com/molleindustria/status/1236395002076545024?s=19