Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Brilliant move by the marketing department to name the show after its target audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Netflix is strange because they'll knock it out of the park with some true crime stuff like the Confession Tapes and Exhibit A but a bunch of the other series go on way too long. Exhibit A is probably the most important crime series they've put out and sadly it didn't get a lot of press or cultural penetration like the others.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

rydiafan posted:

When Hulu was first starting they imported a bunch of British shows for content. Ad bumps for those shows would end with "SHOW TITLE Only on Hulu". Just like that, with no comma.

This was a bit awkward when the Alan Davies show "Whites" was on it.

lmao

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I’m a mega history nerd and the movie summary makes it sound so loving boring. it’s just a documentary on the pacific war up to midway

It reminds me of oldtimey war movies where they were big "event" films that follow multiple characters like Battle of Britain or A Bridge Too Far. The main characters are Edwin Layton (Patrick Wilson) and Dick Best (Ed Skrein) and the film jumps between the efforts of naval intelligence and the Dauntless pilots stepping up after the Avenger crews got ripped apart.

Skrein is really engaging as Best and I appreciated how the film didn't try to set up thkse grudge match rivalry subplots you see too often. It's everyone doing their job and overcoming obstacles. It was a good movie.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
13 reasons why is great because it caused a huge spike in high school suicides with its message that killing yourself will make you popular.

Then the next season they made rapists sympathetic and redeemable.

Then it went completely off the rails and Adum and Pals started doing commentaries and it was the funniest poo poo on earth. Especially the school shooters are good and rapists are just victims of SOCIETY episodes.

The show for teens is such a colossal shitshow. Just hilariously inept.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Big Mouth is a show I never got the plaudits for. It doesn’t even seem to follow any internal logic or rules and it is just a bunch of rude “lol remember puberty?!” Stuff. I tried watching S1 and just hated it so much I couldn’t continue past about 2/3 of the way.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Jon Irenicus posted:

Just watch One Cut of the Dead

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Jay might watch Army of the Dead in his own but there's no way Mike will. you're going to have to wait a little bit longer for a new Half in the bag.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

lmao

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Time to get into directing music videos so I can make a remake or sequel toa horror classic that does well and every company puts money whatever stupid idea I have.

Hopefully I end up a Fincher rather than a Snyder.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
gently caress yeah, comic book movies and a zombie TV show

Zack Snyder has his finger on the pulse of 2008

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

never i've read something that made me go "oh this can be neat" to "ughhhh" so quickly

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

There's a sort of purity to the idea "Robot zombies exist now. Why? Who cares, Robot Zombies!"

Like, stupid purity, but purity.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Its literally one guy on the floor and one zombie who lets out sparks when he gets hit

Its not the worst idea imo, we already use fake animals to spy on herds, why not do the same for this weird city of zombies milling about

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Zach Snyder is the richest most successful 14 year old boy on the planet and we are are jealous that we are still nowhere near his level

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Zombies and robots have been in movies for a thousand years and no one ever put those two words together because it just doesn't make any loving sense and yet there it is, out there, more real than any of us.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

DebonaireD posted:

Zombies and robots have been in movies for a thousand years and no one ever put those two words together because it just doesn't make any loving sense and yet there it is, out there, more real than any of us.

I'd, like some elaboration on this

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Robot zombies?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 or 4 had ninja pirates.

The obvious concept here is have the ninja pirates fight the robot zombies so the internet will implode from the sheer stupidity of this being the reality it created.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

DebonaireD posted:

someone wasn't on sa circa y2k

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Z-nation did it first, and better

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If anything robots and zombies make plenty of sense to play around w/ together, seeing as they're both mindless (or percieved as mindless, but turning out to be intelligent & aware) creatures set on a single goal, and both of which have been used as metaphors for mistreated groups, as well as stories where robots/zombies succeed humanity

From a practical in-world standpoint it makes more sense to send in robots that cant be ate than washed up vets, too

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gutcruncher posted:

Zach Snyder is the richest most successful 14 year old boy on the planet and we are are jealous that we are still nowhere near his level

Of course.

Since Snyder seems like a nice guy I definitely hate on people like Kurtzman and Orci who make millions writing a lot more since without question anyone in this thread is more talented than they are.

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

Not sure where this fits into the Space Cop timeline?

https://youtu.be/S02pwn3owdg

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Outside of film opinions, Snyder is a buff guy everyone he works with loves and who worked his way into the business starting from music videos (@ age 23) to moopies (@ age 38) and seems to have a ned flanders-esque synthesis of being excessively christian but a genuinely good person

Alex Kurtzman's stepdad broke strikes and marginalized unions and in exchange his failson got a comfy career in bad scripts & lousy showrunning

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
warhammer's had robot zombies since the 90s

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

dundun posted:

I tried watching Those Who Wish Me Dead. The first 20 minutes was really dumb and boring, fast forwarded through 10 minutes of "Angelina Jolie looking extremely out of place while pretending she's a badass beer drinking lumberjack or whatever". Watched about 15 minutes more and was bored so decided to watch Tim and Eric reruns instead. I'm assuming the director has blackmail on many of the actors or something to convince them to be in this movie.

Figured it would be another dud.

Robot zombies is stupid so naturally it's where Snyder went.

Kurtzman and Orci roam around the galaxy looking for properties to gently caress up. At least Snyder had the decency to only tank DC.

mallratcal fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 22, 2021

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Also I am watching a giant monkey punch a nuclear dinosaur

It's dumb as hell but I clapped when they punched

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Stink Billyums posted:

warhammer's had robot zombies since the 90s

the event horizon review made me realize that warhams is more of a turbonerd (us) thing so i don't expect people to know it anymore

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I'm watching nukie on vhs for the 742nd time

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

IUG posted:

The Mitchels versus The Machines was one of the funniest movies I've seen in years. Other than that, not much Netflix original that's worth it.

I thought I would hate it, but it really is a charming movie.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Turned on New Mutants thinking it would be a dumb movie for background noise. Turns out it was just extremely boring. Even though I wasn't really paying attention, it somehow made me tired.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So for posterity

1)Godzilla King of the Monsters
2)Kong Skull Island
3)Godzilla vs Kong
-500)Godzilla 2014

Kong Skull Island was the best dumb giant monster movie but King of the Monsters was 4 times as stupid and with 4 times as more clapping for giant punches so it barely beats it.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

Outside of film opinions, Snyder is a buff guy everyone he works with loves and who worked his way into the business starting from music videos (@ age 23) to moopies (@ age 38) and seems to have a ned flanders-esque synthesis of being excessively christian but a genuinely good person

Alex Kurtzman's stepdad broke strikes and marginalized unions and in exchange his failson got a comfy career in bad scripts & lousy showrunning

:emptyquote:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

So for posterity

1)Godzilla King of the Monsters
2)Kong Skull Island
3)Godzilla vs Kong
-500)Godzilla 2014

Kong Skull Island was the best dumb giant monster movie but King of the Monsters was 4 times as stupid and with 4 times as more clapping for giant punches so it barely beats it.

godzilla 2014 was the only good one. Good pacing, everything felt alien and huge.

1) godzilla 2014
2) The second one?
3) uhhhh godzilla vs kong
4) skull island lol gently caress this film just gently caress it

now i suggest everyone move on

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shin Godzilla completely obliterates all of them.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Groovelord Neato posted:

Shin Godzilla completely obliterates all of them.

This is the correct opinion.

Godzilla 2014 felt like a movie made by a guy embarrassed to be making a giant monster movie.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I want one drat Godzilla movie where Godzilla wins. Like, wins wins. Game over.

He's the fuckin Worf of giant monsters.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

sure okay posted:

I want one drat Godzilla movie where Godzilla wins. Like, wins wins. Game over.

He's the fuckin Worf of giant monsters.

Final Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

If I had more than 16 brain cells I'd write a really fun script that starts like a Gerard Butler enviro-disaster movie where he tries to talk sense into some evil BP oil drilling company who will just not loving stop drilling.

Eventually he finds an unconventional scientist who think she can summon Godzilla, and the movie takes a hard turn as they successfully summon him right towards the oil company. Godzilla proceeds to tear the ever loving poo poo out of it.

Oh and Butler has a daughter who helped warn all the blue collar employees and they evacuated. The middle+ management were all bootlickers who don't leave their stations/don't believe a giant monster is coming, so they get murked too.

In a reverse-psychology-but-still-too-on-the-nose casting decision, David Attenborough plays the evil oil exec.