Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Super Foul Egg posted:

It is a grand total of one Nook Mile task as a requirement so you're looking at two to five minutes of your time depending on what the day's task is.

Mine yesterday was water 8 plants. Literally half an a press

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

My daughter opened her town because her turnips are selling for a respectable 383 bells

https://turnip.exchange/island/26f10edd

She’s closing up at noon eastern (or before if there’s a coms error)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oof, Flick is in my town today and I am really missing those Peacock butterflies.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My museum is under construction and it looks so dumpy having it tented up with a gorgeous waterfall around it :v:

Ah well.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I made a corridor of tarantulas. My wife told me that somebody shows up who buys bugs for a better price than the cranny, so I stacked the tarantulas in a corridor from my house to the pond. 24 tarantulas, waiting for their forever homes.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Untrustable posted:

I made a corridor of tarantulas. My wife told me that somebody shows up who buys bugs for a better price than the cranny, so I stacked the tarantulas in a corridor from my house to the pond. 24 tarantulas, waiting for their forever homes.

That tent isn't for construction. They're fumigating it for butterflies.

The Battle Axe
Mar 30, 2011

Had to close down due to battery, thanks to those that visited and left oranges :)

The Battle Axe fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 24, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I really wish you could buy more than one bell voucher at a time

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

Sterf posted:

Got turnips for 529 bells, shop's to the left, I'm afk to the right. Don't gently caress up my flowers thanks :)

Connection dropped or something, deleted and remade:
closed

Sterf fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 24, 2020

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Dip Viscous posted:

I read that you unlock hedges by doing Nature Day activities. If I don't feel like screwing around with Nature Day stuff am I going to be locked out of hedges until next year?

the nature day nook mile task yesterday was to plant some shrubberies, and today it was to wear a flower as an accessory. just do one and talk to Nook and congrats, you’ve got it and can ignore it from now on (and also lose out on daily x5 tasks, but you do you)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

This new patch is definitely buggier wrt communication errors

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Peanut Butter posted:

From what I've read ignoring them works best. After doing that a wee while you'll see a cloud over their head, and if you talk to them you'll get the chance to encourage them to go. If you get a visitor to your campsite who wants to move in you can also boot one of your old villagers out afaik.

Unfortunately, what you've read is people projecting a pattern onto RNG. Villagers can tell you they're thinking of leaving without getting the cloud, and if you ignore them then you won't trigger the conversation that would prompt them to leave.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

do we actually know how to get someone to move consistently?

I tried to fence in someone in their house (a trick I saw on youtube) but I think this was patches because Bubbles just automatically teleported somewhere else the next day, same with trying to terraform them into isolation, and ignoring her has so far just gotten me two prompts of “hey here’s a gift!”, and I’ve had villagers wanting to move all of a sudden even though I’ve given them gifts and attention pretty regularly

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Turnips are 586 on Chunkstos. I'll leave my gates open for a while. Nooks is on the left.

Edit: closed

Asnorban fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Apr 24, 2020

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
470 here. Shop has pears, pansies, tulips, and hyacinths. Nothing much special. Northern.

https://turnip.exchange/island/b734b2cd

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

ulvir posted:

do we actually know how to get someone to move consistently?

I tried to fence in someone in their house (a trick I saw on youtube) but I think this was patches because Bubbles just automatically teleported somewhere else the next day, same with trying to terraform them into isolation, and ignoring her has so far just gotten me two prompts of “hey here’s a gift!”, and I’ve had villagers wanting to move all of a sudden even though I’ve given them gifts and attention pretty regularly

It honestly is just up to chance, even villagers who you talk to every day will occasionally think about moving out. Just treat everyone the same, don't worry about ignoring them or whatever and check in on them every time they're walking around thinking about something, it'll happen eventually.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Turnip prices are at 635. I don't really need bells but if you have spare rocks or magazines that would appreciated. If by any chance you have a lot of gold nuggets I'll take anything you don't want (I know). I wasted my gold nuggets on gold flooring last night.

Also free stuff is to the left.

[url]https://turnip.exchange/island/39b449ee[/url

Closed!

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 24, 2020

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

VibrantPareidolia posted:

It honestly is just up to chance, even villagers who you talk to every day will occasionally think about moving out. Just treat everyone the same, don't worry about ignoring them or whatever and check in on them every time they're walking around thinking about something, it'll happen eventually.

Or ignore them. If it's truly random then doing anything doesn't actually hurt. The game seems designed to make you see patterns that may or may not be there. It's entirely possible some approach does actually work, but at a rate low enough no one can definitively tell without, like, a hundred villager sample.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

I'm pretty sure moving out is random, because the only two villagers who've wanted to move out for me so far have been the two I talk to and give gifts to every day, while Coach is still loving here loving leave already.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

ulvir posted:

the nature day nook mile task yesterday was to plant some shrubberies, and today it was to wear a flower as an accessory. just do one and talk to Nook and congrats, you’ve got it and can ignore it from now on (and also lose out on daily x5 tasks, but you do you)

Mine was to plant pansies and I don't really want those but it's taken care of now. I thought it was going to be a daily grind thing and I'm burnt out on that and will probably never be able to look at eggs the same way again for the rest of my life.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
https://turnip.exchange/island/75ce74ab

feel free to come visit The Dell! please don't trample my flowers if possible :)

turnips are at 454, there's some DIY recipes to the left of the airport, feel free to take whatever (though I think my work buddy took most of them already)

nooks and ables both aren't selling anything special really, there's some western stuff like overalls that's kinda cool i guess?

tips unnecessary, though if anyone has the system kitchen or the chessboard i would love to catalog it!

i'm chilling at the community pool mostly AFK

kumba fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 24, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The story you have just heard is real. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

EatTheRich is open for visitors! But only via the goon discord cause of the below turnip price.

Southern hemi, Redd is here(can visitors buy from him? idk). Sunny!

Able's has kung-fu pants, frog costumes, racing helmets, 3D glasses.

Nook's has a treadmill, some kinda wicker vanity/mirror thing, a standing toilet, but the important thing is turnips are 601! I'm EST so we got 2.5h left on that, set up using the goon discord bot.

I'll be AFKing, plenty of free fossils/poo poo in the fenced in area. Please don't take anything outside of the very clearly labeled FREE area. I've had a few people steal tips/gifts other people have left for me and I'm starting to get tired of it. Regular rules, don't trample/pick flowers, be courteous, etc. Tips not necessary but appreciated, kitchenette stuff would be cool, bathroom stuff, wall hangings, whatever's clever. :toot:

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
Oh man there's a lot of great turnip prices rn

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hunting islands for a new villager and getting oddly lucky with new DIYs. (Feel like the last time I went island hunting I just got lots of dupes.) - Found "Iron Frame" which is just a bunch steel girders on the ground.

(Having zero luck on the new villager front, game seems determined to give me a hippo/rhino/horse...)

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Alli started crafting the Golden and Porcelain Throne, if you want one. Turnips are 470 for three more hours.

e: Also, Able’s has the viking helmet, some weird monocle thing, flowery kimonos, and space parkas.

e2: Oops, never mind. That was the fastest I’ve seen them give up.

Double Punctuation fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 24, 2020

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I haven't had time to play or even charge my Switch recently - will I be able to do nature day stuff by time traveling next week?

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

deep dish peat moss posted:

I haven't had time to play or even charge my Switch recently - will I be able to do nature day stuff by time traveling next week?

Nature day stuff lasts the whole next week, no worries.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

WTF Alli, why did you stop in like 5 minutes?

Wait, WTF is going on? Every time I get the loading screen the villagers move! Is this broken or something?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

kumba posted:

https://turnip.exchange/island/75ce74ab

feel free to come visit The Dell! please don't trample my flowers if possible :)

turnips are at 454, there's some DIY recipes to the left of the airport, feel free to take whatever (though I think my work buddy took most of them already)

nooks and ables both aren't selling anything special really, there's some western stuff like overalls that's kinda cool i guess?

tips unnecessary, though if anyone has the system kitchen or the chessboard i would love to catalog it!

i'm chilling at the community pool mostly AFK

still open, Avery is now crafting Armor Shoes if you want that! i'm idling in front of his house for easy findings, turnip price still good for the next ~90 minutes if you need to unload

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

what are the best all purpose paths? combing through QR codes is a pain and I'm sure goons have found the good poo poo already

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

badjohny posted:

If I ignore my villagers and time travel a week or two in future, does it increase their chance of leaving? I went in blind to NH and didn't realize how hard it would be to switch out villagers, so I just took the first 10 guys I found on islands. I have maybe one or two that I actually like. I have had that yellow elephant fenced into her house since the first day she appeared and she will just not take the hint.

Whats the current best way to encourage villagers to leave?

I've got Elise the terrible monkey fenced in, and it occurred to me this morning that it might make me miss when she finally wants to leave. I have, reluctantly, let her out.

How I hate that monkey.

Tatsuta Age posted:

what are the best all purpose paths? combing through QR codes is a pain and I'm sure goons have found the good poo poo already

Someone here has a really nice overgrown cobblestone one that I want to swipe. Goon catalogue when?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

quote not edit

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Okay, game is reset. Hopefully my villagers stay in place this time.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Three questions.

1) Is there any point in paying off that final home loan once you get the basement? Aside from the free daily exterior upgrade.

2) Does unliking the parental controls app (so you can time travel) delete all your play time data if you relink it?

3) How do I get on the dudes boat for the artwork? I found him and bought one piece and donated it. What's next?

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Has anybody had Pecan as a camper and recruited them to move in? It took lots of failed attempts at playing her guessing game before she agreed to go to resident services.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Astro7x posted:

3) How do I get on the dudes boat for the artwork? I found him and bought one piece and donated it. What's next?

Next time he comes around, once Blathers has upgraded the Museum to add the Art wing, he'll mention he fixed all the leaks in his boat and is using it as a gallery now, and then you can enter.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Now Drake is making an angled signpost. We’ll see if he keeps at it.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The painting I bought off of Redd was Twinkling Sky, aka Starry Night by Van Gogh. I really didn't want to donate it and hope I can find another. Even if it's fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

So Turnip Exchange has a patreon.

$5 gets you priority listings, lol.